Event Bosses

1 hour ago, Warplord said:

I think we need more bosses in the game. Fullstop. Not seasonal, not going in and out - just more bosses all year round. 

There’s already a lot of bosses in the game you know. Don’t get my started on each of the boss because good amount of the player base can’t even beat dearclop and etc. Also. You can’t randomly just add a boss. It’s not how things work. You would know there’s already one likely coming soon for the ancient portal if you beat the fuelweaver that currently still in working progress and have been hinted by the developers when they announce the twitch drops.

42 minutes ago, SavageLemon said:

You would know there’s already one likely coming soon for the ancient portal if you beat the fuelweaver that currently still in working progress and have been hinted by the developers when they announce the twitch drops.

...what...? 

Do you have any actual evidence or does "leaky gateway" instantly mean boss to you?

There has to be a boss, of course. All the story of the fuelweaver is that he is afraid or hunted by ... them. Maybe you will free charlie? Maybe u kill her? Maybe something even stronger?

We need a LOT more bosses but 1 or 2 or 5 new ones with a new update would be nice. :) For me at least. 

2 hours ago, Zeklo said:

...what...? 

Do you have any actual evidence or does "leaky gateway" instantly mean boss to you?

“instantly mean boss to you.” <===== huh...

If you read it proper. You would see I said “likely” which means there’s a good chance in my theory for a boss to come. Which means there’s very likely  for a future bosses after going through the ancient portal. I don’t need leaks because that how confidence I’m. If you think I’m wrong. Basically saying “oh hey. No future boss for the community”

1 minute ago, SavageLemon said:

“instantly mean boss to you.” <===== huh...

If you read it proper. You would see I said “likely” which means there’s a good chance in my theory for a boss to come. Which means there’s very likely  for a future bosses after going through the ancient portal. I don’t need leaks because that how confidence I’m. If you think I’m wrong. Basically saying “oh hey. No future boss for the community”

It's quite difficult to "read it proper" when you're not typing it properly.

Regardless, it's in bad taste to inform or correct people with solely speculation. 

4 minutes ago, Warplord said:

There has to be a boss, of course. All the story of the fuelweaver is that he is afraid or hunted by ... them. Maybe you will free charlie? Maybe u kill her? Maybe something even stronger?

Basically. 

3 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

It's quite difficult to "read it proper" when you're not typing it properly.

Regardless, it's in bad taste to inform or correct people with solely speculation. 

Look, most players don’t have much imagination, tbh, and the only thing they can think of to add to the game is bosses and boss fights, even though they all get boring pretty fast. Fortunately, the devs are more creative.

You have to remember bosses are much more time for a developer to make. That's a more complicated AI, more animation, and drops that come with their own gear. I mean I always thought as bosses as the coolest parts of games, but we've already got information about events and updates for like half a year, so let's just wait a bit.

As far as bosses are concerned, if they do add more I hope they take a page out of Hamlet's bosses and make some multi-part ones. It makes sense in a multiplayer environment. You could even create some interesting mechanics that way.

Wow I really hoped for an event boss. Klaus was kinda like that because he was released in winter. For Hollowed Nights, what about a giant Jack O'Latern?:)

The chinese new year events should stay centered about a mob- not a boss.

6 minutes ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

Ahem, Keep in mind the Ancient Fuelweaver's Animations and Art took Klei 3 Months to finish.

Yeah, but its been a year since fuelweaver came out so by now they should have something cooking in the development of a new boss.

1 hour ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

Has it really been a year already!?

March 22nd, 2017- Heart of the Ruins (Part 3)

Rev. 211169

• Odd Skeleton can now be reanimated next to the Ancient Gateway in the Atrium, triggering a boss fight.  (Please note that the loot table is temporary, and will be completed in a later update.)

Guess so.

37 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

March 22nd, 2017- Heart of the Ruins (Part 3)

Rev. 211169

• Odd Skeleton can now be reanimated next to the Ancient Gateway in the Atrium, triggering a boss fight.  (Please note that the loot table is temporary, and will be completed in a later update.)

Guess so.

They grow up so fast.

i hope we can tame more types of animals.
i also hope for more raid bosses, or even bosses that Arent raid bosses, but just dont come every single year, maybe once every 5 years?
and i hope for more caves-stuff:
but what i hope for the most, is more events.

and of course shipwrecked and hamlet in together, but i doubt they'll add them.

It's a neat concept but I think that going through all the art/programming for it would be more trouble than it's worth.

There are still lots of people who haven't done ruins stuff, killed Dragonfly, etc. and for some people/groups it's common to just drag Deerclops/Bearger off to some remote corner of the map to despawn or get killed by treeguards or tentacles or w/e.  I think this especially applies to small groups and solo players since HP doesn't scale without mods, making it feel generally not worthwhile to take the time and risk to fight HP sponge bosses.

What I'm getting at here is, event things are generally designed with the purpose of being easily accessible for everyone and I think only a relatively small percentage of players would even attempt/appreciate event bosses.

24 minutes ago, metallichydra said:

i like warly, but having to remember everything you ate the last 1.75 is just too hard sometimes.

That could be fixed by adding him the ability to tell if he has eaten some kind of food in the last 1.75 days by inspecting the food.
And eating only Meaty Stew is boring aswell so maybe the timer should be dependent from the hunger value of the item?

Archived