So, any new content when?

Well I dunno if that's a necro exactly, considering the last post before Ivo's was only an hour earlier.  : P  Anyway yeah, I like the "more lore/colour for the characters" idea.  It'd probably be said in different examination quotes if anywhere, since that's already where we find things out like "Webber's grandfather had a farm" or "Willow used to be in Girl Scouts".  I do like that kind of thing, myself. 

(Also Wickerbottom clearly DID have a cat at some point, considering what she says when examining a kittykit.  :))

...Notorious

2 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Well I dunno if that's a necro exactly, considering the last post before Ivo's was only an hour earlier.  : P  Anyway yeah, I like the "more lore/colour for the characters" idea.  It'd probably be said in different examination quotes if anywhere, since that's already where we find things out like "Webber's grandfather had a farm" or "Willow used to be in Girl Scouts".  I do like that kind of thing, myself. 

(Also Wickerbottom clearly DID have a cat at some point, considering what she says when examining a kittykit.  :))

...Notorious

I love quotes where they talk about each other, I want more of those..

9 hours ago, Catteflyterpill said:

Well obviously more content for the characters would be great, not necessarily rebalancing, but rather adding more items and abilities for other characters to make them more appealing and having a more diverse character selection.

But... wouldn't any changes whatsoever count as rebalancing? Additions would just be making them stronger.

5 minutes ago, Corazon said:

Sometimes I wonder: does Klei read these forum posts? Or is it just a place for players to discuss the game?!

A Little bit of Both, more likely the second one.

They read sometimes (rarely, if a lot is happening), but almost never Care to reply.

2 hours ago, Corazon said:

Sometimes I wonder: does Klei read these forum posts? Or is it just a place for players to discuss the game?!

They do read the forums, however they very rarely react or answer to anything (except for bugs and similar issues of course). The reason is (as I and some other members here think) that Klei don't want to affect feedback and suggestion posts, but they want our honest and unmodified opinion. They also don't want to tell about their plans before they are sure that those will happen, and by then they'll announce them anyways. 

10 minutes ago, Alarsin said:
  Hide contents

People will always find things to complain about.

um ok we got some info about dst's future and a small content update but we still dont know what klei's gonna do about character rebalance and it's like super important. wtf.

I can't wait to see what they have in store though. But for now I can cry and enjoy whatever the new Hallowed Nights is going to be like and the "New" Forge. I like how they are helping with the community and giving out rewards to do so ( I'm happy they gave items for base some skin because they needed some). I like how we don't have to use console commands to change characters now too and the new post looks pretty sick.

Now we just wait for the big big update, the content update :^) all I wanted was some proof that they were doing something and sort of fixing issues that we wanted to see. Sure we got no news on Character re-balance but I'm glad they added filters to servers which was needed. People who kept missing out on what was going on can now have more of a in your face reminder. MAYBE this will help Klei bring in a lot more traffic to DST. 

I can't wait to spruce up base a bit with all those circus theme stuff, I hope the next wave is more circus items so you can match everything in your base. It's like the fortune cookies in the Animal Crossing app game lol. 

I'm just glad they are giving us something, sure it was radio silent for 9 months but..I'm glad that means we may have some more content heading our way real soon. 

Keeping my fingers crossed that this new content update will be great.

2 hours ago, Lakurius said:

um ok we got some info about dst's future and a small content update but we still dont know what klei's gonna do about character rebalance and it's like super important. wtf.

Is it really “super important”? I doubt it. 

2 hours ago, Wilson_pl said:

Today I think that we woke klei up. Good Job everyone, I knew I could count on you. :wilson_drool:

I wouldn't say we woke them up. They were working on all these stuff that they just announced, and now it was the time to let us know about them (partially). I don't think demanding new content made them work faster or advance their plans.

Which of course doesn't mean we don't have to share our feedback and wishes, it's just not our merit that Klei revealed some of their plans.

4 hours ago, Lakurius said:

Well now you're just being ungrateful. At least be happy we got some kind of word from Klei yesterday. Disregarding anything that isn't what you want is just rude and frankly a bit toxic.

9 hours ago, Chris1488 said:

Well now you're just being ungrateful. At least be happy we got some kind of word from Klei yesterday. Disregarding anything that isn't what you want is just rude and frankly a bit toxic.

Getting some info about dst is cool and all but we cant just ignore the fact that klei still haven't said anything about character rebalance 

36 minutes ago, Lakurius said:

Getting some info about dst is cool and all but we cant just ignore the fact that klei still haven't said anything about character rebalance 

Just because they never said anything about a very specific topic doesn't mean anything. You don't expect them to address every little topic imaginable do you?

46 minutes ago, Lakurius said:

That's because there is nothing to say. There are some characters that are beginner friendly (Willow and Winona are forgiving on the most common noobie mistake, Abigail allows you to postpone learning to kite, etc.) and some that are very strong in the hands of experienced players (don't underestimate the challenge for an unexperienced player of keeping Wolfgang fed, or Wicker sane, or of managing WX's low starting stats). Maxwell has his uses in a well-balanced team; Webber and Woodie just offer theirown unique game experiences; and Wes is... Wes. Actually, the upgraded portal even does offer some rebalancing: now somebody can just become Woodie or Maxwell for the Toadstool fight.

Just because you personally don't like all characters equally does not mean that there is a "balancing issue". Can we now stop whining?

Wow @Lakurius I've read this entire thread and you talked about character rebalance like 10 times. I'm sure Klei's noticed your cries.

Anyway...

I remember @Zeklo talking about new content appearing after 1-2 in game years and that optional content isn't good. And I thought: what about optional content that opens permanent content. 

For example: after player turns florid into moon-florid the "moon" would get angry (or something) and after full moon bunch of new creatures/plants/biomes would start appearing. It'd be a player's choice to build moon-florid (so optional) but after doing so player wouldn't be able to awoid new stuff  (so permanent)

4 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Wow @Lakurius I've read this entire thread and you talked about character rebalance like 10 times. I'm sure Klei's noticed your cries.

Anyway...

I remember @Zeklo talking about new content appearing after 1-2 in game years and that optional content isn't good. And I thought: what about optional content that opens permanent content. 

For example: after player turns florid into moon-florid the "moon" would get angry (or something) and after full moon bunch of new creatures/plants/biomes would start appearing. It'd be a player's choice to build moon-florid (so optional) but after doing so player wouldn't be able to awoid new stuff  (so permanent)

Oh wow, I really like this idea. That way new players aren't in way over their heads, but the experienced players who want a challenge and are bored with the game have this opportunity to discover new things while having a challenge that'll keep them playing. 

Archived