So, any new content when?

Spoiler
On 5. 9. 2018 at 3:49 PM, Lakurius said:

Klei pls gib character rebalance and cool permanent content thx : )

On 6. 9. 2018 at 9:38 PM, Lakurius said:

Ok here:

Character rebalance and new biomes, items and bosses

Reveal hidden contents

Ez

Also pls dont flame me ;'(

On 13. 9. 2018 at 2:59 PM, Lakurius said:

Um i was talking about character balance and character rebalance IS new content so um n o

On 13. 9. 2018 at 10:37 PM, Lakurius said:

Character rebalance very important tho :)

On 19. 9. 2018 at 4:23 PM, Lakurius said:

How to revive this thread: character rebalance

Pls : )

On 27. 9. 2018 at 6:12 PM, Lakurius said:

Klei pls read our posts and change something >: ( we want character rebalance and new permanent content >: (

18 hours ago, Lakurius said:

Still no character rebalance so NO im still angry >: (

17 hours ago, Lakurius said:

NO we still need character rebalance ;'(

16 hours ago, Lakurius said:

um ok we got some info about dst's future and a small content update but we still dont know what klei's gonna do about character rebalance and it's like super important. wtf.

13 hours ago, Lakurius said:

Umm yea what the ****, bad character balance is also one of the reasons why willow mains have a bad rep..? This just has to stop.

1 hour ago, Lakurius said:

Getting some info about dst is cool and all but we cant just ignore the fact that klei still haven't said anything about character rebalance 

STAHP JESUS CHRIST

I have seen the words Character (Re)balance from you like 12 times

Replace it Content and that would be better

2 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Just because they never said anything about a very specific topic doesn't mean anything. You don't expect them to address every little topic imaginable do you?

Yes, i expect them to talk about it since it's NOT a "little" topic

2 hours ago, Majestix said:

That's because there is nothing to say. There are some characters that are beginner friendly (Willow and Winona are forgiving on the most common noobie mistake, Abigail allows you to postpone learning to kite, etc.) and some that are very strong in the hands of experienced players (don't underestimate the challenge for an unexperienced player of keeping Wolfgang fed, or Wicker sane, or of managing WX's low starting stats). Maxwell has his uses in a well-balanced team; Webber and Woodie just offer theirown unique game experiences; and Wes is... Wes. Actually, the upgraded portal even does offer some rebalancing: now somebody can just become Woodie or Maxwell for the Toadstool fight.

Just because you personally don't like all characters equally does not mean that there is a "balancing issue". Can we now stop whining?

Omfg wilson should be the one and only char for REAL beginners (=people that can't manage their sanity without sleeping and wolfgang's faster hunger drain, for example). Give willow fire immunity and the ability to light items in her inventory. Thanks.

Also i'm not whining. This game's character balance is just bad. Willow and woodie are literally harder to play than wolfgang and wicker.

Trust me, as someone who's been around since before DS was even on Steam, Klei does listen to the forums. (Heck, if you want an example; just the other day there was a thread up about having a way to mark official Klei servers from fake ones, and here we are.) They're just not going to trawl the forums and add everything everybody suggests immediately. Also, @Lakurius, why are you so obsessed with a character re-balance? The characters are fine.

28 minutes ago, Rosten said:

Trust me, as someone who's been around since before DS was even on Steam, Klei does listen to the forums. (Heck, if you want an example; just the other day there was a thread up about having a way to mark official Klei servers from fake ones, and here we are.) They're just not going to trawl the forums and add everything everybody suggests immediately. Also, @Lakurius, why are you so obsessed with a character re-balance? The characters are fine.

the characters are NOT fine wtf

Just now, Rosten said:

Tell me why they aren't?

maxwell's shadows still destroy twiggy tree farms and base decoration. his duelists are also pretty hard to use and they're not that useful (the only time people really use duelists as maxwell is when they're playing pvp. this hurts me so much). winona is boring. willow's boring. wickerbottom and wolfgang are way too strong and dont really have downsides at all. wendy needs something (her downside just makes her pretty bad+abigail isn't really that useful). woodie's werebeaver form needs more attack damage, otherwise he's fine.

tl;dr

some chars are pretty strong and extremely easy to play (wicker, wolfgang, wx-78) while other chars like willow are harder to play but they're also pretty bad.

2 minutes ago, Lakurius said:

maxwell's shadows still destroy twiggy tree farms and base decoration. his duelists are also pretty hard to use and they're not that useful (the only time people really use duelists as maxwell is when they're playing pvp. this hurts me so much). winona is boring. willow's boring. wickerbottom and wolfgang are way too strong and dont really have downsides at all. wendy needs something (her downside just makes her pretty bad+abigail isn't really that useful). woodie's werebeaver form needs more attack damage, otherwise he's fine.

tl;dr

some chars are pretty strong and extremely easy to play (wicker, wolfgang, wx-78) while other chars like willow are harder to play but they're also pretty bad.

...Man, I was going to tear into you because of the fact that the characters were never meant to be balanced in the first place, but you're just kind of completely wrong. I can't speak on Maxwell, but "boring" characters are just run of the mill- not every single character needs a huge gimmick like the Werebeaver or Abigail. Before Strange New Powers, barely anyone had those massive game-changing gimmicks, but currently, every character has some degree of identity and none of them bring absolutely nothing to the table. (Also, I have no clue what you're doing with her, but you really need to learn how to use Abigail if you think Wendy of all characters is bad.) 

Don't Starve is not, nor has it ever been a competitive game, The characters are designed so that they fit different niches and offer spins on the default mode of play enough that they feel unique from each other, not to be perfectly balanced. 

Just now, Rosten said:

...Man, I was going to tear into you because of the fact that the characters were never meant to be balanced in the first place, but you're just kind of completely wrong. I can't speak on Maxwell, but "boring" characters are just run of the mill- not every single character needs a huge gimmick like the Werebeaver or Abigail. Before Strange New Powers, barely anyone had those massive game-changing gimmicks, but currently, every character has some degree of identity and none of them bring absolutely nothing to the table. (Also, I have no clue what you're doing with her, but you really need to learn how to use Abigail if you think Wendy of all characters is bad.) 

Don't Starve is not, nor has it ever been a competitive game, The characters are designed so that they fit different niches and offer spins on the default mode of play enough that they feel unique from each other, not to be perfectly balanced. 

and this is the exact reason why some people get hate for maining woodie, willow etc. it's because some chars are just bad and can't really use special strats (wicker vs beequeen using on tentacles, wx vs beequeen using his speedboost to dodge her attacks, for example)/some chars are just not needed in a team.

also klei rebalanced willow and woodie for pvp, a gamemode literally nobody plays. woah nice character balance

1 minute ago, Lakurius said:

and this is the exact reason why some people get hate for maining woodie, willow etc. it's because some chars are just bad and can't really use special strats (wicker vs beequeen using on tentacles, wx vs beequeen using his speedboost to dodge her attacks, for example)/some chars are just not needed in a team.

also klei rebalanced willow and woodie for pvp, a gamemode literally nobody plays. woah nice character balance

People hate Woodie and Willow because they're characters that a lot of people are bad at playing and can detrimentally affect the party if they're messed up badly enough. Nobody hates a Wilson or WX "main" even though they don't have anything special to contribute

4 minutes ago, Rosten said:

People hate Woodie and Willow because they're characters that a lot of people are bad at playing and can detrimentally affect the party if they're messed up badly enough. Nobody hates a Wilson or WX "main" even though they don't have anything special to contribute

i've sometimes seen a wilson get hate because he's a bad char, i've never seen a wx main get hate because "wx doesnt have anything special to contribute" since he does have some nice upsides which help the team. he can eat spoiled healing food+he can carry the team since he's a rather strong character. his speedboost is also pretty handy when the team forgot something very important to bring for a toadstool/beequeen/ruins/fuelweaver/klaus/dragonfly raid. so, no, you're wrong. a wx is actually pretty useful to the team.

6 minutes ago, Lakurius said:

i've sometimes seen a wilson get hate because he's a bad char, i've never seen a wx main get hate because "wx doesnt have anything special to contribute" since he does have some nice upsides which help the team. he can eat spoiled healing food+he can carry the team since he's a rather strong character. his speedboost is also pretty handy when the team forgot something very important to bring for a toadstool/beequeen/ruins/fuelweaver/klaus/dragonfly raid. so, no, you're wrong. a wx is actually pretty useful to the team.

I would suggest you stop playing with people who are bad at the game, honestly. If you have so much trouble with the game that playing as Wilson hobbles you enough for you to want him significantly buffed then you should probably take a step back and learn how to play the game without the gimmicks (read: crutches) of other characters.

Just now, Rosten said:

I would suggest you stop playing with people who are bad at the game, honestly. If you have so much trouble with the game that playing as Wilson hobbles you enough for you to want him significantly buffed then you should probably take a step back and learn how to play the game without the gimmicks (read: crutches) of other characters.

i've never said anything about buffing wilson, lmfao

Just now, Lakurius said:

i've never said anything about buffing wilson, lmfao

10 minutes ago, Lakurius said:

i've sometimes seen a wilson get hate because he's a bad char, 

We should probably stop derailing, though I think this thread may have run it's course regardless.

Just now, Rosten said:

We should probably stop derailing, though I think this thread may have run it's course regardless.

yea probably

also wtf yea i said that i've seen a wilson get hate cuz he's a bad char but i never said that he needs a buff. he's supposed to be a char without upsides/downsides so n o

2 minutes ago, Lakurius said:

also wtf yea i said that i've seen a wilson get hate cuz he's a bad char but i never said that he needs a buff. he's supposed to be a char without upsides/downsides so n o

You said something about bad characters neeeding a buff and then you said that Wilson got hated on because "he's a bad character" so...

Also stop using acronym swearing like "wtf, omfg, lmfao"

2 hours ago, Lakurius said:

Also i'm not whining. 

I'm sorry but the only difference between "I want an ice-cream, I want an ice-cream!" and "I want a character rebalance, I want a character rebalance!" is the noun

Wilson's typically seen as a character played by a nub that can't manage other mechanics. Which...is how it should be.
WX's get suspicious looks until they're proven themselves to not be gear-hungry.
The problem with playing Willow is that

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0ZOIjJ0hxRrePaB4QNR00R2AAA5KEI8hXSOMiZotwsDIS3CF1

just uh
pointing a few things out

Archived