So, any new content when?

49 minutes ago, crystal_clodet said:

as of now they said they had no plans but they said when we have a solid idea they'll inform
i even asked them on a stream :
"so if the dst team isnt working on anything are they working on other klei games?"
JoeW : "We work on DST and only DST"

And what about hamlet? D:

15 minutes ago, Wilson_pl said:

And what about hamlet? D:

DST team working only DST, but DS Hamlet team working only DS Hamlet :D I hope "work on DST" mean new updates too, not only events :wilson_love: I love events idea but DST need new basic content too D:

Edit: We need wait for news, maybe they comming ...

Brak automatycznego tekstu alternatywnego.

What was the point of creating this thread? Nobody knows anything about future updates, perhaps not even Klei. If you’re an active player, you’d know whether they announced something or not. If not - no reason to be bored, there’s so much you can do in this game.

5 minutes ago, Alarsin said:

What was the point of creating this thread? Nobody knows anything about future updates, perhaps not even Klei. If you’re an active player, you’d know whether they announced something or not. If not - no reason to be bored, there’s so much you can do in this game.

90140.original-6555.jpg?rect=0,0,208,208

28 minutes ago, Alarsin said:

As an active player yeah I know there is nothing new going on, but it would be nice if we got something soon because DST is a little dry right now..

1 hour ago, Szczuku said:

I know this might be hard to accept buuut…. sooner or later dst will die, just like most games that don't have multiplayer pvp 

True. This game is quite poorly balanced, most items are pretty much useless, half of the character roster is not worth playing as. I can live with this just fine; more than that, I main Woodie. Balance is not top priority in PvE games, but PvP here is sort of unplayable. 

22 minutes ago, Alarsin said:

True. This game is quite poorly balanced, most items are pretty much useless, half of the character roster is not worth playing as. I can live with this just fine; more than that, I main Woodie. Balance is not top priority in PvE games, but PvP here is sort of unplayable. 

i just love how we get on our knees every single day and pray to klei to add more content and rebalance characters so they dont kill their own game by themselves, yet we get no answer from klei

To tell the truth at this point I'm just waiting for more content (permanent content), I used to visit the forum everyday - for puzzels, lore talk, content updates but now...The events take too long to be made and they are here for limited time. So I play the event for few days get bored of it and quit.
After that wait half a year for the next event that will add nothing to the base (survival) game.

NOTE:JoeW said they are experiments for the future(can't find the post right now or remember the exact wording) and I know that but ...

I'm here for the survival ... not for the arena or the cooking show ... thay are good but... The main reason I play DS/DST is the survival. Having beaten the current content many times. At the moment there is just no reason for me to play it anymore.
So waiting for content...

Please just do a full scale DLC (like ROG,SW) but for DST I know splitting the community and all that, but at this point that is the only way to get some content.

4 hours ago, 1v0 said:

To tell the truth at this point I'm just waiting for more content (permanent content), I used to visit the forum everyday - for puzzels, lore talk, content updates but now...The events take too long to be made and they are here for limited time. So I play the event for few days get bored of it and quit.
After that wait half a year for the next event that will add nothing to the base (survival) game.

NOTE:JoeW said they are experiments for the future(can't find the post right now or remember the exact wording) and I know that but ...

I'm here for the survival ... not for the arena or the cooking show ... thay are good but... The main reason I play DS/DST is the survival. Having beaten the current content many times. At the moment there is just no reason for me to play it anymore.
So waiting for content...

Please just do a full scale DLC (like ROG,SW) but for DST I know splitting the community and all that, but at this point that is the only way to get some content.

I remember JoeW saying that but yeah, I would just love if they would allow us to support them more too so they can do more. The events are fun and all but I am willing to pay an extra 10 bucks for a Shipwrecked Together if they are not going to give out anymore content. I just want more clarity and maybe open development, unless you can't do that in Canada for some reason(?). Not to mention if they added more merch for ROG and ANR that would be cool and we can give them money that way. 

It just feels like Klei wants to move on from Don't Starve, I don't blame them, its a old franchise now, and many people who first got into it in the beginning aren't here anymore. The long waits for content during Vanilla DS/DST killed off a lot of the fanbase and the events do help but they are limited. Just wish they had more for the people who are still here and have been here patiently waiting for more since 2013.

I am just waiting for December so I can satisfy this great crave for content.

39 minutes ago, Ali Bun said:

I remember JoeW saying that but yeah, I would just love if they would allow us to support them more too so they can do more. The events are fun and all but I am willing to pay an extra 10 bucks for a Shipwrecked Together if they are not going to give out anymore content. I just want more clarity and maybe open development, unless you can't do that in Canada for some reason(?). Not to mention if they added more merch for ROG and ANR that would be cool and we can give them money that way. 

It just feels like Klei wants to move on from Don't Starve, I don't blame them, its a old franchise now, and many people who first got into it in the beginning aren't here anymore. The long waits for content during Vanilla DS/DST killed off a lot of the fanbase and the events do help but they are limited. Just wish they had more for the people who are still here and have been here patiently waiting for more since 2013.

I am just waiting for December so I can satisfy this great crave for content.

I'm playing DS since ROG (for DS not DST) was in beta (without the 4 bosses). And made my forum acc specially for DST. I still remember DS, we had a little counter like with ANR in the corner it. That away's kept me hyped for the next update specially the shadow wilson ... uh those were the times.

The sad thing is: I think if DST get's a proper multiplayer special content it could become a really great game. Played and known by everyone. Just add some guilds/clans, team PvP, more players per server, then balance a new PvP mode, make the 2 teams spawn in different locations/worlds = you get one of the best survival PvP games. Your team will have to survive DST and the enemy team, defend the camp fight for better items and biomes... uh I suppose I can dream...
Or just some special multiplayer only features, like healing, some sort of a cosmetic game(football,gramophone with DS OST (music in the camp), just something for the players to do while in the camp) new features - the wind.. or the flood form SW, it would be hell of fun to survive the flood with a team... Or SW with big ships for 2-3 players every player with a special position - one drives and one shots a cannon...

Sorry about this rant I'm just a bit sad about the state of DST... Atleast theres is hamlet for DS. Which I hope will be hard to survive content, not the DST optional bosses...

I started playing when they were adding the last new content updates during early 2017, but I have done everything. I want Dragonfly to come to the base during the summer, or add a Bog Swamp Boss, or even more things to fight in the caves besides Toad and Fuel Weaver.Or just more of a reason to keep going around the world for things because a lot of the world is barren after you found the main areas and make a base. I may just sound like I'm complaining but I wish there was more of a reason to play after you kill everything.

Also I hope your dreams come true one day, @1v0

Yeah..this board itself's been a little dead lately too.  Don't Sink Together will probably never OFFICIALLY happen...but in the meantime there's Island Adventures and/or The Volcano Biome mods.  (Don't try to use those both at once--your world will get confused.)  I gotta say NO on the Dragonfly coming to your base in the summer (unless there's an option to turn that off)--that'd bring back exactly the same problem that they nerfed Willow for:  one thing burning down a base that was made by MULTIPLE people instead of just one person's work.  And frankly I think the fact that she just hangs out safely far away in the desert and you can _choose_ whether or not to mess with her, is kind of a relief!

But I get what you mean.  I'm not sure exactly what the new content would BE, but personally, my own ideal new content would involve something along the lines of not-just-another-boss-battle things to do, new stuff to see/explore/meet/make, and perhaps a touch of lore.

In the meantime, Corazon and anybody else who might be really bored, ever think of trying a challenge? Sometimes playing the same old game in a different way can get you using tactics and/or items you normally never think much about.  I _could_ be totally self-promote-y here and say you should try out the March of Civilization challenge, but I don't think you're THAT bored.  Each chapter takes an entire in-game year.  XD  But there's always stuff like:  no science machine, mess with the seasons, mess with the amounts of various things in worldgen...

And of course mods, if you're able to use them.  Some add an INSANE amount of new stuff to the point where they're practically an expansion pack in and of themselves.  Try out the aforementioned Island Adventures, Volcano Biome, or Multilands/Megarandom World mods, for starters--those alone will give you a lot of new junk to mess with.  :)  (And singleplayer has Creeps in the Deeps...)  You'll need to make a new world to get them to work properly, but trust me: BOREDOM won't be your problem anymore.  : P

...Notorious

Archived