So, any new content when?

Have all of you already forgotten what happened with Hamlet? It got announced very early in development, was given a release date of "Q1/Q2 2018", and then got delayed to December after months of silence.

Compare that to the Gorge, which was (officially) announced within weeks of the event's release. I feel like that's how Klei is going to be doing things now. Announcing new content and then releasing it very soon after.

12 hours ago, Field Field said:

Have all of you already forgotten what happened with Hamlet? It got announced very early in development, was given a release date of "Q1/Q2 2018", and then got delayed to December after months of silence.

Compare that to the Gorge, which was (officially) announced within weeks of the event's release. I feel like that's how Klei is going to be doing things now. Announcing new content and then releasing it very soon after.

I think they're probably going to start doing that now too to avoid any backlash if they have to delay anything. I understand that yeah, they announced Hamlet too early and people got mad for them not saying anything sooner, but they had 7 months prior to the small trailer they had at Prax. I understand if Klei has nothing to say because they have nothing to show but they could have at least told us sooner, in the case of Hamlet. 

For content updates for DST though, I don't feel like I'm upset with them for them the same way it was for Hamlet but, I just wish they were a little more clear on things. The information I have what's going on at all for DST is very little from small post that can easily be missed in forum post from months ago, to small little "hey we made add that" on streams. All I know is that they said they had big plans for next year but I don't want to accept that we're not getting any content updates at all for this. I get if they need time and I'm just probably being impatient but, I just want to do something new already you know?

Man I need a time machine to make these months go by faster.. 

2 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

If anything it would be Wicker>Wolfgang>Max. But even then that's kinda debatable (and could be because of personal bias). Still doesn't change the fact that "holy trinity" is referring to WX, Wicker and Wolf though.

Wtf max best char

1 hour ago, Lakurius said:

Wtf max best char

This is a note for this peep so don't be mad for me ranting to this ***** ( purposely put some *s )

Spoiler

shut up. literally annoying me when I main maxwell for not killing bee queen on freaking day 3 of my play is like dafug mate

espically when you personally join server i am on

27 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

This is a note for this peep so don't be mad for me ranting to this ***** ( purposely put some *s )

Hide contents

shut up. literally annoying me when I main maxwell for not killing bee queen on freaking day 3 of my play is like dafug mate

espically when you personally join server i am on

Um rude just wanted to show u cool makswel bq strat but ok :)

1 minute ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

acting like literally pile of manure and then expecting ill be ok near you? hell no

Um wtf i joined the server, we talked about maxwell and everything was cool but then you found out that im lakurion and u were mean to me so if anything ur the pile of manure

Also i tink dis against the rules can we pls talk in a private chat thx >.>?

12 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

The "holy trinity" is referring to the 3 most powerful characters, Wolfgang, Wickerbottom and WX-78.

Wasn't that label made up by Edgy Rick? I agree that wx shouldnt be in the "trinity"  and despite being a Max main I wouldn't place him there either, lategame maxwell becomes a nuisance by dying more often, despite the armor improvements. Not that it matters much when you probably swim in gold, red gems and fuel, but still a nuisance.

Back on topic, I hope any new content includes a "strange new powers 2" of sorts, not just as a rebalance since any nerfed character would make a lot of people angry, but more of new features and interactions to existing characters instead (obviously, the lesser ones getting more love than wicker or wolfgang).

I feel like his thread is badly in need of some balancing opinions. I do not know whether the whiners here represent a significant proportion of the player base, but I do know that they do not represent everybody. Here is my take:

1)  I find the events very enjoyable and a very nice change of pace and format to the normal game. The limited time skins that you get to keep to beautify your future bases also add a nice edge.

2) Somebody said that the recent content additions were ok, but not that great. I completely disagree. I think the game is overall very well balanced, and the recent additions did well to be careful not to skew that balance too much. I also find the mechanics of the Bee Queen, Klaus, Toadstool, and the Ancient Fuelweaver very creative and well thought through, and the fights to be fun, each of these requiring a different approach. And the drops are also great (yes, the toadstool's too): not game breaking good, but nice enough to have that you will want to put in the "work".

I find it ridiculous when people with several hundred hours under their belt nostalgically remember the days when they were scared of the deerclops. Firstly, you already got plenty of bang for your buck! And secondly, how much new content would Klei have to keep releasing in order to keep throwing something new at you all the time after 500 hours of game play? If they release new content now, you will master it within three weeks, and then what, you will come here whining again? Whiners, look around you on public servers: plenty of people are still struggling to survive in this game, many of them have never even seen a splumonkey.

Klei, keep doing what you are doing! Keep working on events; and when you do introduce new content, keep doing it exactly the way you have been: well-tested, well-balanced, keeping everything that is already good about the game, and giving more experienced people challenging but attainable optional goals.

1 hour ago, Majestix said:

Klei, keep doing what you are doing! Keep working on events; and when you do introduce new content, keep doing it exactly the way you have been: well-tested, well-balanced, keeping everything that is already good about the game, and giving more experienced people challenging but attainable optional goals.

Looks at the actual new bosses without antlion. Nice!

3 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Looks at the actual new bosses without antlion. Nice!

Hmm? I can't tell whether the "Nice" is sarcastic or not, and if it is then what you are objecting to. The antlion is certainly attainable and optional. Are you complaining that he is not challenging enough? There are probably very few people in the world who can legitimately claim that the game offers them no challenges anymore, so I don't see a problem with the antlion being "too easy". And you can always try to get lots of glass sculptures out of the antlion, or fight him without armor and healing, or... I don't know. There are plenty of ways of making the game more challenging for yourself.

2 hours ago, Majestix said:

Hmm? I can't tell whether the "Nice" is sarcastic or not, and if it is then what you are objecting to. The antlion is certainly attainable and optional. Are you complaining that he is not challenging enough? There are probably very few people in the world who can legitimately claim that the game offers them no challenges anymore, so I don't see a problem with the antlion being "too easy". And you can always try to get lots of glass sculptures out of the antlion, or fight him without armor and healing, or... I don't know. There are plenty of ways of making the game more challenging for yourself.

I think they're referring to the fact that all DST exclusive bosses apart from Antlion are optional. Even Antlion is optional if you duck into caves since the falling rocks aren't really a big deal.

Optional challenges in essence are just an excuse for players not to improve. Too tough? Don't worry it's optional! This is mostly personal opinion of course, but I find optional challenges to be lackluster especially in a survival game. The goal of a survival game is, in fact, to survive, so why tackle some optional thing that greatly reduces your chance of survival? It's a challenge. That's the common consensus. In other words, there's nothing engaging in just surviving anymore so you have to purposely raise the stakes to keep things interesting. If the base content was challenging and engaging on its own this sort of danger-seeking from players wouldn't happen (as soon). Which is why I think it's a mistake to keep adding additional optional content. It's not that optional content is bad, but when there's more optional content than unavoidable ordeals you have to overcome it gets a bit silly. Again though, that's my opinion. 

8 hours ago, Majestix said:

I feel like his thread is badly in need of some balancing opinions. I do not know whether the whiners here represent a significant proportion of the player base, but I do know that they do not represent everybody.

Nobody here are "whiners". Whining isn't suggesting for new things or asking for clarity about what's going on, or stating just an opinion on how a person feels about the current state of the game. Some people think that everything is fine the way it is and some don't. Please don't start a fight with calling people whiners or complainers, we shouldn't have to hold our tongue about what we think, that's that, sorry.

7 hours ago, Majestix said:

Yeah... Lately I have been setting all resources except spawners to less so its better challange

Archived