So, any new content when?

A lot could be done if the idea of seasonal/yearly variants is gone with. Boss variants come to mind; stronger or just different types that spawn when the year's conditions are to their benefit. For instance, a stronger Deerclops in the dead of winter during an extra cold year. It'd be a way to implement Laserclopse or something similar into the base game, too, without it completely obliterating less experienced players who wouldn't get that far anyway.

A possible return of the wandering Dragonfly in mid-summer, but dress it up as a large broodling-type offspring that set out on its own; smaller and not as ridiculously healthy as raid-boss dfly, but poses the old threat from single player.

I remember when they first announced TtA there was the idea of alternative seasons (Thou this was really long ago, and I can't remember much/I remember this the wrong way). This sounded really cool. But as we know TtA got turned into ANR. And some(or all, that is unknown)of the content got scraped. For example: the fan favorite slipstor.

For now what I want for DST is a new roadmap. Telling us what is next?! More event's or something else.

12 hours ago, fimmatek said:

An idea that I just got from IvoCZE's post: what if getting new content we'd lose some in late game (temporarily ofc)? Like there comes a dry year (not only a season) where no grass grows (not even in caves or with flingo), so you have to prepare and stackpile it?

HEY GECKOS!  Mind if I crash in your desert, near all these tumbleweeds?  Thanks. You guys are the best.  (Seriously I already do that when shortages of grass and twigs hit in winter/summer  Heh.)

That's an interesting idea in general, and so is the "some winters can be longer" thing, and the "you might have an ice age year where it's just autumn and a long winter with no summer at all" but...there's already an in-game feature that can do all that, in a way.

it's called:  Randomising the seasons! and it's one of my favourite things to do with world-gen.  Of course, under the normal code, whatever the seasons randomised out to the first year is what they stick as _every_ year.  So you'll want the "Actual Season Randomizer" mod, which I have tested and yes, I can attest, you do indeed get different, unpredictable seasons every year.  But yeah...that type of scenario in general is the kind of challenge I do enjoy.

For the dry _year_ (!) idea, you could have winter suddenly just JUMP straight to a longer-than-usual summer with no spring in between.  (That hasn't actually happened to me several times or anything, no.)  It'd be the opposite of the "ice age" year, but the same basic idea.  The problem with an entire dry YEAR, is that not only do the most needed resources in the game go missing for way too long...but if it's like normal summer withering, the FOOD plants would wither too!  No grass, no trees, AND no berry bushes even, probably also no crops, for 70 days?  Kill me now, 'cos it's gonna happen anyway.  Sure, you can do stuff like have a LOT of ice stockpiled in your fridge as filler...but that presupposes that you _have_ a fridge by the time the Dust Bowl hits.

Anyway.

...Notorious

54 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

it's called:  Randomising the seasons! and it's one of my favourite things to do with world-gen.  Of course, under the normal code, whatever the seasons randomised out to the first year is what they stick as _every_ year.  So you'll want the "Actual Season Randomizer" mod, which I have tested and yes, I can attest, you do indeed get different, unpredictable seasons every year.  But yeah...that type of scenario in general is the kind of challenge I do enjoy.

yes yes good idea i do this always

19 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

I feel like klei is planning some stuff ( lore supposted )

Charlie is stealing stuff from the gateway either a) Drugs ( i had to ) or b) new powers for new content 

Or just doing something with The portal, redirecting realms or simply closing it.

8 hours ago, 1v0 said:

For now what I want for DST is a new roadmap. Telling us what is next?! More event's or something else.

Almost every high-rated game gets a roadmap, like 60 Seconds or Unturned (4.0). Can't agree more.

6 hours ago, ZolaRay said:

whats sad is that i bet the klei staff has already read all of this but dont want to say anything, they do this with almost every post of this kind

You just have seen what that forum looks like. Until here's HUGE heat/salt/conflict in The thread they don't get themselves involved. What they are checking and looking out for are threads with a lot of replies (best one each from different [famous] forum users) in very short amount of time. So if the thread gets The "HOT!" status then we can be sure we got klei's attencion.

Okay then, let's keep the forum HOT (and spicy). 

If we ever did get new merch in the klei store what would yous guys want to see there for DST? I really wish they added more stuff because I would love a Hutch plush and or Antlion figurine. I would even be willing to give them money for a kikstarter to make new merch if they ever did one.

Also another subject just to throw in there, characters really do need to be re-balanced. Perhaps we can give Wilson the ability to make items without a science machine like Wicker because, unlike Wicker, he's actually a scientist/inventor. I get Wicker is suppose to be book smart and knowledgeable but I feel like that is just too much on top of her being more powerful in the magic department than Maxwell.

Willow shouldn't have heatstroke during the summer and maybe a slight buff to Bernie would be nice,Willow doesn't add much to the team herself but her Bernie's can. Just a slight increase in durability would be great for fighting an overwhelming amount of nightmares in the ruins or something.

Wendy is for the most part ok as she is but she can have a slight buff to Abigail's health. I think also Wendy should have like an ability to dig graves without being either hurt from a ghost or lose sanity. Dig graving is a very early on thing that doesn't really matter later on but I thought it would be a neat idea as she is a very spiritual and mournful person for the dead. 

Woodie needs to be the best Lumber Jack in The Constant again, make Lucy be super powerful. As in just make him take down trees faster than Maxwell could. He can do about 2-3 swings of his axe to chop down a full size tree. He just needs more of a purpose..

Winona, needs to be able to add something to the team other than her tape that is just a cheap sewing kit. I feel like she should be able to at least fixed the broken clockworks in the ruins without gears or something. She needs more than a slight increase in crafting supplies..

Maxwell needs to at least start off with some basic magic or his Darksword again, he takes up the job of Woodie when he should be the magic man. If there was more magic stuff in this game he could really be able to out shine wicker in the magic apartment. Even if he was able to use his own book similar to Wicker to do the same job if a Wicker is not present.Being able to keep one Darksword in the beginning of the game isn't cheating so why not he's a weak man.

Wes can be a little more of a supportive character, make his balloons useful or something and maybe make his walk slight faster but not as fast as a walking cane (20% increase instead of the 25?%) since he is a very light and frail man.

DST is all about co-operation so having him as a challenge character is kinda useless. None of the characters have to be unlocked anymore, you can just play Wes or Maxwell just to play them, and since co-operation is basically the main focus of DST characters should be able to work more off each other instead of their DS counter parts where survival was just on them. They are working as a team now and what had worked for single player doesn't all translate well to multiplayer, that's why we need a re-balance please.

8 hours ago, Wilson_pl said:

So if the thread gets The "HOT!" status then we can be sure we got klei's attencion.

The hot status just means the thread is getting a lot of replies really quickly. It's difficult to keep up with a hot thread as is, I can't imagine them trying to keep up if they're at work or something. And the status is lost once the posts stop coming in at such a high rate. I doubt it would get their attention anymore then usual.

55 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

The hot status just means the thread is getting a lot of replies really quickly. It's difficult to keep up with a hot thread as is, I can't imagine them trying to keep up if they're at work or something. And the status is lost once the posts stop coming in at such a high rate. I doubt it would get their attention anymore then usual.

I know that already, but I'm just suggesting how to summon here one of klei devs.

8 hours ago, Ali Bun said:

Willow shouldn't have heatstroke during the summer and maybe a slight buff to Bernie would be nice,Willow doesn't add much to the team herself but her Bernie's can. Just a slight increase in durability would be great for fighting an overwhelming amount of nightmares in the ruins or something.

Willow could also have craft knowledge on building certain fire based objects, such as having early access to the endothermic fires, having access to knowledge on building a crockpot, as well as no taking any damage from putting out smoldering items. 

I think something else that'd be interesting is more of Charlie's own likes coming through in world generation. Like everyone else a new biome would be an interesting addition. I'm thinking a rose biome similar to that of large gardens people will visit with new plants such as rose bushes and a hostile mimic mob known as the Thorny Bush as well as different statues and rock walls. Not to mention maybe some more theatrical themes since that seems to be something she is really passionate about. 

I'd also like to see more on the significance of the "Moon" and the gemstone you can get from it as well as being able to do more with the iridescent gem. Maybe in the rose biome we'd find a shrine dedicated to the moon. 

Second I think it'd be neat to implement the weapons from the Forge and the cookware and crops from the Gorge, something to do and give us extra stuff to seek out and maybe have a sugarwood biome too or at least sugarwood trees pop up. Also maybe some new tiers to aim for. After the tent we should try to build a small cabin (not a pig house or bunny house) but our own small cabin since people on servers really like to try and build villages. It'd be a high tier item though. 

30 minutes ago, Quoth143 said:

After the tent we should try to build a small cabin (not a pig house or bunny house) but our own small cabin since people on servers really like to try and build villages. It'd be a high tier item though. 

I want a house so bad, or something the lets us stay out the rain. But since seeing how Hamlet lets people walk inside a house I don't see why not have something like that in DST.. unless that would cause major lag and other programming issues. I would love little cabins.<3

2 hours ago, Ali Bun said:

But since seeing how Hamlet lets people walk inside a house I don't see why not have something like that in DST.. unless that would cause major lag and other programming issues.

I think this would fall into programming issues. Now I could be wrong, but the houses could just be in a shard completely different then the main world. In DS you could use just about as many as you'd like without much issue, but in DST you're limited to just two. Another theory on how they work is that they just teleport you to a different part of the same map, but that comes with it's own issues like weather and such. It also means there would be a limited amount of houses based on the world size.

I personally think they'll end up using an entirely different shard for the houses. Seems like the easiest way to go about it to me, and it offers the most degree of control as well. So that wouldn't work in DST. Or they could just be using something completely different. We won't really know until we can actually play it.

TL;DR: Just because it was seen in Hamlet for DS doesn't mean it could apply to DST.

19 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Just because it was seen in Hamlet for DS doesn't mean it could apply to DST.

Yeah, I know it probably wouldn't work on a multiplayer just wish it could. So tired of sleeping in the rain with no roof over my head lol

5 hours ago, Ali Bun said:

I want a house so bad, or something the lets us stay out the rain. But since seeing how Hamlet lets people walk inside a house I don't see why not have something like that in DST.. unless that would cause major lag and other programming issues. I would love little cabins.<3

Here's my idea, in Minespatch's "couch" post:

I think it's more about which things people really, really want.
Most of these things have been suggested before, with some really creative twists on how to reinvent characters or add event items/mechanics without messing up the game's basic flow; even suggestions on making Wes a useful non-troll pick while not changing anything about the difficulty for the person that chooses him.

If really want to get Klei's attention on an addition or alteration, it at least needs to be a more singularly focused effort.
JS.

A lot of ideas shown here are awesome. I think they simply need to give the player base a roadmap, so we can know without too much detail what they are working on. Simply titles, maybe a priority list or a roadmap with estimated year quarter or month release. Kinda like a trello

Archived