Data Mining, Theorizing, Art Assets, Sprite Sheets, & More! (SPOILERS!)

7 hours ago, watermelen671 said:
  1. 5c07f9bbe5cfb_ezgif.com-apng-maker(12).png.32c08b5d312aba3524f1291644099865.pnganim_react_loco_GOOD_TOILET
  2. image.png.069765bd1123c9b63f5e447760bc64b2.png
  1. That must have been a really rough number 2.:wilson_shocked:
  2. "Heeeeeeeey~ Whatcha doooooooin?"
On 12/3/2018 at 9:42 PM, watermelen671 said:
  1. emote_head_master_swap_dead_skull_000.png.abdffa4eb29223d34db9cb8253e640a3.png
  2. CRITTER SENSOR
  1. Er- Did they see a ghost?
  2. What does that one look like in full? Why does it have hatch parts?

ok so my brain has been really weird lately and had an actual shower thought that uh

if dupes are printed and not born, and belly buttons are specifically formed due to the birth process, does that mean dupes don't have belly buttons?

Who's ready to overdose on some cuteness? :D

Spoiler

5c094e1999892_ezgif.com-apng-maker(22).png.ec52ea6ec0d11d258d1cea32ee59595f.png5c094e2fb87e7_ezgif.com-apng-maker(23).png.4b498dd88c83ca7529c3e4151366ce8e.png5c094e671f892_ezgif.com-apng-maker(24).png.15dfe82aeced4fbc55afb9f63d799178.png

Spoiler

5c094f0261e80_ezgif.com-apng-maker(25).png.0098acffee3307aef13bfb2616ebfff6.png5c094f83c7fdf_ezgif.com-apng-maker(26).png.72f8aaf3b3f1785f8926a557b0a9c49b.png5c094f9e22cb1_ezgif.com-apng-maker(27).png.11a73686f62991733d482460c94b552f.png

Spoiler

5c09508e41440_ezgif.com-apng-maker(28).png.d4b4eac3e3b41b1f3a87f312389c7550.png

If you want any specific morph's animation, just lemme know and I'll hook you up. :wilson_goodjob:

5c0953d756507_ezgif.com-apng-maker(29).png.7171d81951f1f3f4999e15a68744bdea.png

...Well there goes my immersion.

That reminds me...I really need to get back to work on that critter sheet. Now it'll be even easier with the animations and all! 

greasy_dupe.png.9dab48d2113373484d73713780e464cf.png

• Like 7

6 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

That reminds me...I really need to get back to work on that critter sheet.

I'd really like to see that, I have used this as a source for reffis. :D

I've lately been trying to create a timeline, and stumbled upon something:

In the 'Revisited Numbers' dialogue (in the spoiler below, for your convenience) Jones and Stern talked about the fact that they haven't had enough energy for the pod - and while a lot of options were ruled out, the Time's Bow wasn't even mentioned. The magazine article stated, though, that the Temporal Bow was their first product (STRINGS.CODEX.MAGAZINEARTICLE).

Spoiler

#. STRINGS.CODEX.REVISITEDNUMBERS
Revisited Numbers
ENCRYPTION LEVEL: ONE

[VOICE RECOGNITION INITIALIZED]
[SUBJECTS IDENTIFIED: A001, A435]
[LOG BEGINS]
Director: Unacceptable.
Jones: I'm just telling you the numbers, Director, I'm not responsible for them.
Director: In your earlier e-mail you claimed the issue would be solved by the Pod.
Jones: Yeah, the weight issue. And it was solved. The problem now is the insane amount of power that big thing eats every time it prints a colonist.
Director: So how do you suppose we meet these target numbers? Fossil fuels are exhausted, nuclear is outlawed, solar is next to impossible with this smog.
Jones: I dunno. That's why you've got researchers, I just crunch numbers. Although you should avoid fossil fuels and nuclear energy anyway. If you have to load the rocket up with a couple tons of fuel then we're back to square one on the weight problem. It's gotta be something clever.
Director: Thank you, Dr. Jones. You may go.
[LOG ENDS]

To make things worse, they're talking about printing colonists. So the dupes were already a thing, and Jodi was already there (as she was introduced with 'will be leading our upcoming genetics project' in NEWEMPLOYEE), the B-employees had already been or were about to be hired.

I find it kinda weird that, out of all sudden, the Pod was apparently fully developed before the Temporal Bow. I mean, in order to expand and hire new people as an independent lab, one might need some source of income. Of course, they might have stopped using it because of the Neutronium issue - but why would they not even mention that? That seems off.

I have the suspicion that something really awful happened to the arrow of time as a result of creating Time's Bow, besides the appearance of Neutronium. If I'm right about that, this would mean that any attempt to create a timeline would be in vain.

That, or some huge chunk of information is missing/ was missed by me.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Okay for real you guys, are there any animations you want posted here? I need direction otherwise I'm gonna drive myself insane by doing ALL of them.

Could you make the drecklet animations ? :3

5c0aa0dd37df2_Capturedecran2018-09-05a20_18.41copie.png.ed6f213051f783886961abd5c2a80d14.png5c0aa0ddaa1f8_Capturedecran2018-09-07a14_00_51.png.6d4d8c156193357932a0a4ed8d5d63a0.png

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Lepeightl said:

To make things worse, they're talking about printing colonists. So the dupes were already a thing, and Jodi was already there (as she was introduced with 'will be leading our upcoming genetics project' in NEWEMPLOYEE), the B-employees had already been or were about to be hired.

I find it kinda weird that, out of all sudden, the Pod was apparently fully developed before the Temporal Bow. I mean, in order to expand and hire new people as an independent lab, one might need some source of income. Of course, they might have stopped using it because of the Neutronium issue - but why would they not even mention that? That seems off.

For me it all seemed theoretical number crunching. They are in the very early stages and the first problem they encounter is the mass. Then they come with a solution of printing colonisits at the destination planet (it`s still in idea phase with nothing done but they know it`s possible). The next issue is the amount of power they need for it to work. If power is what`s needed for the printer to work then it makes sense they develop it first before they can test the printer. Possibly the printer started as a food synthesizer (the printer advertisement seems to suggest that) but after the mass issue they realised they can use it to print actual colonists.

• Like 2

On 12/6/2018 at 3:56 AM, TurtleKitty said:

How did this happen? :distant: 

I tried to merge the animation for the Cheering Dupe and that sad Dupe.

On 12/6/2018 at 3:56 AM, TurtleKitty said:

Isn't this the way Ari walks in the videos? 

Except she has her adorbable lil hatch under her arm.

On 12/5/2018 at 11:02 PM, minespatch said:
  • Er- Did they see a ghost?
  • What does that one look like in full? Why does it have hatch parts?

idk.png.6d7e65856616578f9e8a4c629a6a74fc.png

On 12/7/2018 at 7:34 PM, Mooagain said:

someone deleted that file with all the lore entries

Are we talking about the txt-file I uploaded, or about another one? I'm confused. I don't recall doing anything stupid (and I just tested it, I can still download it). You were logged into your account on the device you tried to download it with, right?

On 12/7/2018 at 11:54 PM, Sasza22 said:

For me it all seemed theoretical number crunching.

That thought didn't even cross my mind. But, of course, that would totally be an explanation. Although, did they really think that far ahead? That's usually barely possible in research.

I know my theorizing is at times a little far-fetched, or includes logic errors. That's why I am so glad to get some feedback, it helps me getting my head straight whenever I start to ponder the same thoughts over and over again. So, thanks for that. :)

Still, there's gotta be something major going on with all that Entropy-stuff. I still won't drop the idea that the timeline might be messed up. Or, could this be somehow involved into the planet blowing up? (Can energy be turned back into time? And if yes, what exactly would that do!? Maybe nothing did blow up, but one piece of the planet was suddenly out of sync with the rest of it?)

3 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

Okay I have no idea how I'm going to go about remaking my critter sheet.

If one wants to capture each creature in all its glory (=all important frames), would one sheet even suffice? Unless, of course, you're going to make one sheet with all animations instead of images. Or create a monster.

I've actually started turning the apngs to gifs (because I found a software package for Linux that can do that and really wanted to test it :wilson_nerdy:) and arrange the frames I want to have as reffis, so I can create one png with my favourite frames for each creature. Could such files be of any help? :wilson_curious:

Edit: Do you have some Shinebug animations by any chance? :3

Edited by Lepeightl