[Game Update] - 247542

Just now, Sinister_Fang said:

If that was the plan, you'd think Willow would be missing from the snowfallen collection then.

Fire themed Willow would just be Willow though.

Not to mention the current six are some common shipping pairs.

• Like 2

Would be nice if the on/off owned filters in Cabinet could be remembered on individual categories, not globally like now - I usually keep the Belongings one off while the rest on.

Also ..interesting.. choice of character skins: half being Snowfallen, rest Rose collection. Feels a bit weird. Beside that big thanks on all the goodies, very cool! ;)

PS: also a stylistic choice, but I for one think the paper background with black text still present in Host Game menu should be used at Browse Games too - more in tune with what we had, also easier to be read.

Edited by xxVERSUSxy
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, xxVERSUSxy said:

Would be nice if the on/off owned filters in Cabinet could be remembered on individual categories, not globally like now - I usually keep the Belongings one off while the rest on.

Also ..interesting.. choice of character skins: half being Snowfallen, rest Rose collection. Feels a bit weird. Beside that big thanks on all the goodies, very cool! ;)

But... everyone got their Roseate skins? Not just the characters who missed out on the Snowfallen skins?

5 minutes ago, TrashLord said:

But... everyone got their Roseate skins? Not just the characters who missed out on the Snowfallen skins?

Sorry, made a mistake/not very clear there: all characters got Rose skins, yet just some the Snowfallen one (aka Wilson, Willow, Wolfgang, Wendy, Wickerbottom and Webber) - that's why the Snow collection feels unfinished.

Edited by xxVERSUSxy

12 hours ago, Zeklo said:

Fire themed Willow would just be Willow though.

Not to mention the current six are some common shipping pairs.

I wish Klei would stop pushing Webbergang on us, it's so overrated.

Edited by Ressayez
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

The fact that there's missing characters in this skin collection seems weird. It feels... unfinished and rushed. Not quite something I would expect from Klei. Heck, disappointment in Klei is a rather unusual feeling. Guess they're just not getting any of my money this time. No point if the character I use the most isn't even available...

Same!

50 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

The fact that there's missing characters in this skin collection seems weird. It feels... unfinished and rushed. Not quite something I would expect from Klei. Heck, disappointment in Klei is a rather unusual feeling. Guess they're just not getting any of my money this time. No point if the character I use the most isn't even available...

Perhaps this was the only way to make a Winter's Feast in time for the Christmas holiday while adding new content (instead of only recycling the past Winter's Feast / Yuletide). It looks like The Forge took its toll on Klei's time and priorities. These winter skins are super adorable but I can understand the concern that you mention.

Merry Christmas, happy holidays and happy Winter's Feast! It's been an amazing year in Don't Starve Together! :)

• Like 2

I have a few questions about deerclops (and possibly the other bosses).

If I enable winter's feast outside of this winter's feast update, will those bosses still have their skins or is this event-limited only?

Upon killing Deerclops, he seems to consistently drop the festive red light. In relation to the question above, will deerclops continue to drop the red festive lights if I were to activate Winter's Feast outside of the update?

In relation to the laser the Deerclops shoots from his eyes, is or is it not that the laser is a "reskin" or "reanimation" (for lack of better words) of what is supposed to be his ice pillar attack? I did some practice runs where I felt his laser was faster than ice pillar attack and was not sure if that was intended.

My testing conditions for the Clops fight was using a walking cane, a road, a hambat, a logsuit and a football helmet, alongside some sanity + healing items as Wendy. Under pre-Winter's Feast, I could consistently hit Clops with 4 attacks via the Ham Bat, then switch to the Walking Cane to dodge the hit, and simply repeat the process. I could successfully do this with and without the help of the road without getting hit once. 

However, under this Winter's Feast update, even with the help of the road and walking cane, I sometimes could not dodge his laser attack. I simply want to know if this laser attack is a new attack for Clops arsenal or a "reskin" of his ice pillar attack?

TLDR: If Winter's Feast is activated outside this event:

1) Will bosses keep their reskins?

2) Will clops continue to drop the red festive light?

3) Is Deerclop's laser attack a new attack or a reskin of his ice pillar attack and will this attack be kept upon the stated condition above?

• Like 1

The Snowfallen Collection is for those 6 survivors. We really wanted to sneak in some new stuff for this Winter's Feast so we had to either limit the amount of survivors that get skins or we couldn't make them at all.

Don't worry though, we concepted for the others; so they will likely come next Winter's Feast. And if we do other smaller sets we will balance with consideration to what has already been done. So if your main didn't get a skin this time around it will be favored in the future.

We also made sure that everybody gets more skins during the Winter's Feast event. During the event all common drops are replaced by a mystery box containing 4 items of any rarity and all classy drops are now Winter Boxes that contain 4 Winter items of any rarity. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 8
  • Sad 4

1 minute ago, JoeW said:

The Snowfallen Collection is for those 6 survivors. We really wanted to sneak in some new stuff for this Winter's Feast so we had to either limit the amount of survivors that get skins or we couldn't make them at all.

Don't worry though, we concepted for the others, so they will likely come next Winter's Feast. And if we do other smaller sets we will balance with consideration to what has already been done. So if your main didn't get a skin this time around it will be favored in the future.

We also made sure that everybody gets more skins during the Winter's Feast event. During the event all common drops are replaced by a mystery box containing 4 items of any rarity and all classy drops are now Winter Boxes that contain 4 Winter items of any rarity. 

phew that stops the salt... for now... i hope

4 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Don't worry though, we concepted for the others; so they will likely come next Winter's Feast. And if we do other smaller sets we will balance with consideration to what has already been done. So if your main didn't get a skin this time around it will be favored in the future.

sounds great to me!

• Thanks 1

You know, for a character who dresses like a farmer but works as a librarian, wicker's fancy skins really give the super-upper class socialite vibe.

Also, Deerclops now shoots lasers? I approve, especially how this makes the game logic for Houndius Shootius now sync up.

• Like 2

• Developer
5 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

TLDR: If Winter's Feast is activated outside this event:

1) Will bosses keep their reskins?

2) Will clops continue to drop the red festive light?

3) Is Deerclop's laser attack a new attack or a reskin of his ice pillar attack and will this attack be kept upon the stated condition above?

Manually reactivating Winter's Feast after the official event is over will give you all the same in-game changes, but not the menu and loading screen changes.

1) Bosses will keep their reskins.

2) Deerclops will continue to drop the red festive light.

3) Deerclops' laser attack is a new attack (both attacks are used).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4