The Forge Has Ended

JoeW

7 hours ago, JoeW said:

Hey Everybody, 

The Forge has officially come to a close. 

Thanks to everybody who played and to those who didn't hopefully we'll have something a little more your style in the future. 

Thanks to everybody who provided feedback both critical and positive about The Forge. We put a lot of work into some infrastructure here that we will be able to use in the future and your feedback will help us make that even better as well. We hope to bring The Forge back in the future and we will address and incorporate new features based on your feedback and ideas.

Please share your ideas and suggestions about future events here as well. We're already at work on our next event and look forward to sharing details with you soon.

We're leaving open the ability to buy The Forge Skins packs and weaving of skins for another week so that those of you who want to finish out your collections may do so. 

Forge might ended but the menu didnt 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1221772242

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JoeW said:

Please share your ideas and suggestions about future events here as well. We're already at work on our next event and look forward to sharing details with you soon.

On 11/8/2017 at 10:55 PM, minespatch said:

Heck, that could be a theme for a future event in itself. "Charlie's kingdom and her many robotic enemies".

On 11/8/2017 at 11:05 PM, Moabjk said:

oh heck yeah, i'd love for these skins to be for future forge, that would be a great way to implement them if not just the usual

On 11/10/2017 at 1:50 PM, minespatch said:

I'd like the skins to be a focus of a future event. Especially since they're so close to Charlie. Would be perfectly fine if the theme was inspired by Alice in Wonderland".

On 12/1/2017 at 2:02 AM, minespatch said:

I'd just like a ping system that can be bilingual to other players. So you don't have to type words out to people who can't understand.

• Like 1

Hi.

The Forge was a great event. I was surprised by the global quality (to be honnest, i tought it just would be a kind of funny mini-game). I like the possibility of wining  stuff (skins, emotes...).

I just think that's too bad for lambda players (i mean, the ones who just can play few times during the event) because they have no chance of completing stuff collection. Hope you'll open again the forge sometimes (during hallowed nights ?).

Maybe next event can permitt completing forge collection add to unlocking new stuff, for the late ones.

I like the way that The Forge is inclued in the DST lore. Next event should to.

A new event based on ShipWrecked background would be cool (including SW caracters!)!

Or a RPG style game.

Or maybe a "action/puzzle" game like Gobliins or Lost Vikings.

Anyway, it was really fun and cool ! Thanks.

• Like 2

I too absolutely loved the forge! and im glad to see theres a chance it will be back! some of my friends only joined in the last few days cuz they didnt know and so didnt get to play too much! 

a future event id love to see would be something more laid back maybe without direct combat. something where u have to work together and build something somehow? first thing that comes to mind is some sort of tower defense. 

where u get some time in the beginning to devise a strategy/ collect resources together then build "towers"? idk! i loved the combat in the forge but i think itd be super interesting if it were possible to make an event without combat and more building or whatever! 

• Like 2

Thanks so much for this amazing event Klei. I really enjoyed it, and it's somewhat nice to have these kind of Events time limited, so it's not something that becomes overly overplayed, and instead stays fresh and exciting as it was for a month forever in our memories. :D I also really liked the free for all aspect, where you gave us the Event itself for free, and just sold Skin packs (for very reasonable prices), that players could also receive for playing.

Looking forward to the Events to come. :D

• Like 3

I joined very late, I played like 2 days and today when I joined I was like D:

Eh i have never reached the Boarrior, I just hope the Forge will be back as soon as possible, I met very nice people (they were either noobs like me so i felt accepted, but i also encountered a level 33 that teached all of us noobs how to play) I really enjoyed it even if I played for such a short time!

Edited by LordChicken
  • Like 1

Well klei, thanks a lot for this event

I loved it, every time I played it felt different, and always, always fun. The achievements were amazing, only missed 7 :(

I hope that everyone loved this as much or more as I did, and ofc, I look forward for more awesome content. The skins prices in my opinion I think it was really fair, and with that I hope that the incoming was enough to keep doing awesome content like this.

• Like 2

Few Suggestions:

- Better matchmaking. Have the ability to Votekick.

- PVP mode. 

- Some sort of prize for Winning Boarrior.

- Some of the items from Forge could be passed to regular game? Make the 'solo' experience less painful with items like the Forging Hammer and Pitch Pike (obviously, make them end game items, hard to obtain).

• Thanks 1

I'm surprised there wasn't a comic or animation following the end of the forge. So the survivors beat Pugna's challenge, but now what? Did they explain the situation and gain a new ally for the fight against the throne? Or did they just return "home" never to see Pugna and the forge again? Us lore fanatics are just left hanging...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I enjoyed it quite a bit and felt it was different enough from the core game while still feeling like DST to be a success!

My main complaint would be character balance could of been slightly more polished. Wendy felt underwhelming compared to everyone. I managed to win with a all Wendy team pretty easily, but she overall felt like the least desired pick out of the cast easily. As for Wes, the poor guy was a solid runner and DPS. Issue was Woodie was too powerful compared to him, so Wes got left in Woodie's dust. Wes would of needed some love... or Woodie could of used a nerf hammer to help balance the two for the Runner position. 

I would of loved a critter skin for the event. We could of had a Pit Pig skin for the baby Hound!

I look forward to future events and the content added with them. I do think they need to vary between each other, so maybe the next would be centered on traveling a harsh area (maybe winter? maybe shipwrecked themed?) and finding certain key items and fighting some mini-bosses along the way. Then grouping up and activating something for the final boss. This would still allow for new enemies and bosses, but it'd focus more on traveling or whatnot. 

Lastly, I'd love for Wickerbottom to continue her line of book skins. It'd be cool to have a fancy library to show off from the events you went through. :3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/6/2017 at 1:29 AM, VexTheHex said:

I would of loved a critter skin for the event. We could of had a Pit Pig skin for the baby Hound!

^!!!

I wanted to thank you for this event. I was really fortunate to meet a team early who I was able to play with nearly every day. My real life friends first introduced me to DS and I grew addicted. We played a couple rounds of DST when we could all find the time, but they eventually moved on. I used to putz around on official public servers to gather and leave resources before dying so players could hammer my bones. I did this day after day, restarting at day 1, but always dreaming of building the ultimate base. After meeting a lot of people through the Forge, from all over the world, I'm happy to have friends to consistently play with for the DST base game.

I learned a lot about myself and things I need to work on. Some people just want to have fun, whereas I enjoy strategizing and feel a deep sense of responsibility towards my team when I make mistakes. My expectations tended to be high unless I was playing with people who were new, and I struggled a lot with people who weren't willing to listen to feedback (or just listen, generally). I noticed myself at level 50+ thinking I knew almost everything. Then at 100+, realizing how far I had come and knowing still that there were gods out there like @Billiscool. I was very humbled.

I enjoyed playing with my team but also enjoyed playing with new players on public servers once I was more comfortable. I once went to a server where newer players asked for advice and had fun showing them some things I had learned. Lesson #1, keep your healer safe. :p One player was hesitant to run, but gave it a shot after I shared that learning to run well would help them play every other character better. I found that part of Forge to be a thing of beauty. I felt like the more flexible I became in playing other characters, the better I became at the characters I wasn't playing and the more I learned about how to better coordinate with my teammates. As Wilson, I learned to keep an eye on where my teammates were and the status of their health. While running, I learned both how to pull aggro and how to avoid damage to both myself and the team. As a healer, I learned how to juggle equipment and armor, the importance of spell placements/timing, reinforced keeping an eye on my teammates and avoiding overlapping other players for enemy attacks. Etc.

My fondest memory of the game was uncontrollably laughing at myself and my poor aim while my entire team tried to take snortoise aggro in order to help me get the molten dart achievement as Willow until we all ended up in a meat grinder. I just felt so grateful to my team. Also laughed hysterically when our tank got knocked out of the arena and we told him to go as far out as he could so off he went on an adventure surfing lava. Bahaha.

20171119194030_1.jpg

Edited by IcyHarpy
  • Haha 1