Concerns Regarding Halloween Skins

2 hours ago, Spaartan said:

Those were hats, these are chopped off heads of past survivors skins for each character, of course, it's going to be higher

Yeah, I said that in the original post:

• Of course head skins are always going to be more popular than garment and item skins, and that is the difference with this year’s event.

At issue was not “why do they cost so much” but whether the price will ultimately go down given that the skins are available for a limited time only. The elegants dropped for a limited time during last year’s event did eventually go down in price, although they weren’t head skins, so even at their highest people were not trying to charge this much for them.

Just now, Rellimarual said:

Yeah, I said that in the original post:

• Of course head skins are always going to be more popular than garment and item skins, and that is the difference with this year’s event.

At issue was not “why do they cost so much” but whether the price will ultimately go down given that the skins are available for a limited time only. The elegants dropped for a limited time during last year’s event did eventually go down in price, although they weren’t head skins, so even at their highest people were not trying to charge this much for them.

Ok, back to mourning about how those ever lucky people get their Halloween elegants while I sit alone... In the forest...

image.thumb.png.c25a6e8e3ef747ab83057b6f52f6eb2f.png Alone Again, Naturally

Just now, Zeklo said:

Just now changed my pic & title.

At a certain amount of posts you can customize your title—the little fairy wand badge shows my true title.

Oh, so it never changed... I'm still waiting and I'm going to get it, whether the title fairy likes it or not.

Just now, Imagionary said:

WHAT THE HECK.png

Klei, it's getting out of hand. I am not going to pay a stupid amount of money for green hair on my main. Please just let the people that want the skins to get them through drops, or let us buy them instead of some random lucky idiot who's just got a free ticket to a monopoly. I love your beautiful skins that you worked so hard on, but at least let us enjoy them, unlike the ones that actually get them and don't appreciate them in any other way then selling it. (it doesn't mean that all people that get those skins out of luck are bad, but what some people do are extremely unfair and some abuse their luck as seen above)

I look forward to any reply I get from the devs. If I get or not, thank you to the developers. :)

So far this is generally going exactly as how I surmised it would in my original post. That is, to say that there simply aren't going to be enough drops over time to bring the prices down to a reasonable amount. The only one who is even somewhat ok is Wes's, and his is still overpriced in my opinion. Hopefully in a good bit of time we can see enough drops flood the market, however it's past Thursday and there hasn't been any major change.

1 hour ago, FuriousBr said:

K8YOMQT.png

^^^^

For me,

image.png.a2518e327da46c4441f4c8d6d1e89bbe.png

And even if there were it wouldn't matter because they'd be overpriced anyways

Let's Complain About Market: The Thread

Seriously though, we're only 3 days into November, and the devs already said that Hallowed Nights is going to conclude at the same time as The Forge, so that gives us the better part of a month to get 16-20 skins max within 4 weeks. I'd say that's more than enough time to watch the prices on the market drop down to a reasonable amount. I mean just look at last year's Costume Collection skins, they're mere cents now that they've died down in hype over time and their season ended (note, last year's event only lasted for 3 weeks). After Hallowed Nights concludes and you might not have gotten what you wanted, just scour the market after a while and nab some decently priced skins for your own use.

Those prices are stupid, they costs 10x more than DST's price.

But this is because of ridiculous low drop rate. I have 915 hours in DST and I never got any Elegant items, the drop rate is really bad. I always had to buy it from marketplace. And don't come here to say "every skin have the same drop rate" because this DROP SYSTEM SUCKS.
This seems to not compensate if someone get no rarity items in sequence.
Blizzard, for example, with their lootboxs increases your chances from getting rare items (epic, legendary, etc) after you not getting anything exceptional. So after a time you will get something great, it's a frustration-proof system.
You don't have to play like 900 hours with no Elegant items drop.

31 minutes ago, Mooka said:

But this is because of ridiculous low drop rate

I'm skeptical on whether the increased drop rate took effect yet or not (considering I just unboxed 3 commons this week), but last Halloween gave you higher chances to score rarer skins, especially from the Trade Inn. Scratch that, I believe it was only the Trade Inn. @PeterA? Can you confirm whether or not that's the case right now?

I didn't know that drop rates are increased during Hallowed Nights. I remember this being a thing during Winter Feast, though. Didn't stop me from getting all commons (okay I got one classy).
 Yeah, chances of obtaining event stuff from Trade Inn are higher than for other skins of same rarity. I got batilisk costume top (and 3 crappy distinguished, literally the cheapest ones).

13 minutes ago, Maslak said:

I didn't know that drop rates are increased during Hallowed Nights. I remember this being a thing during Winter Feast, though. Didn't stop me from getting all commons (okay I got one classy).

think it was on a larger scale during Winter's Feast because it was a quote-unquote "uncommon" event, where common skins just outright did not drop.

33 minutes ago, Chris1488 said:

Let's Complain About Market: The Thread

Seriously though, we're only 3 days into November, and the devs already said that Hallowed Nights is going to conclude at the same time as The Forge, so that gives us the better part of a month to get 16-20 skins max within 4 weeks. I'd say that's more than enough time to watch the prices on the market drop down to a reasonable amount. I mean just look at last year's Costume Collection skins, they're mere cents now that they've died down in hype over time and their season ended (note, last year's event only lasted for 3 weeks). After Hallowed Nights concludes and you might not have gotten what you wanted, just scour the market after a while and nab some decently priced skins for your own use.

Of course I hope I'm wrong and the skins became feasible to purchase. Also the purpose of this thread wasn't initially to complain about the system, just to point out some concerns from a player who enjoys collecting skins, and some possible solutions which would alleviate those concerns.

1 minute ago, Mr.Mulk said:

Of course I hope I'm wrong and the skins became feasible to purchase. Also the purpose of this thread wasn't initially to complain about the system, just to point out some concerns from a player who enjoys collecting skins, and some possible solutions which would alleviate those concerns.

It's fine. The same thing with the skins pretty much happened last year with the overpricing. The only thing that remained high-priced year-round was the Hallowed Torch, cause that thing's still around $30. But a little more times should give us a little more abundance in skins to choose from god-willing.

Archived