Concerns Regarding Halloween Skins

12 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I really hope the spools system becomes the permanent system for all skins, honestly. So you can buy items and/or craft them, with enough playtime.
Klei could even sell spools sets at cheap prizes. EG: "1000 spools 1 USD"

That's been a common suggestion. Most people seem to agree it would really help the skin system, however a few have made points it'd mess up the current market. 

Personally, given the current state of things I think it'd be worth a try.

2 minutes ago, Mr.Mulk said:

That's been a common suggestion. Most people seem to agree it would really help the skin system, however a few have made points it'd mess up the current market. 

Yas

2 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Cmon ppl admit it, We all want to get a Wendy skin to never use it, just to publish it in the store at 999 USD

tumblr_muqns2Z0on1rxcc5ho2_1280.gif

Unlike the Wendy main that ACTUALLY wants it, instead of some idiots that just want it for money. But NO! Of course the idiot gets it.

5 minutes ago, Spaartan said:

Unlike the Wendy main that ACTUALLY wants it, instead of some idiots that just want it for money. But NO! Of course the idiot gets it.

people who selling it are not idiots. It's a big money. Idiots are people who buying it

6 minutes ago, Mr.Mulk said:

I don't think it's dumb to buy cosmetics (especially if you love the game), but don't get ripped off. I think there needs to be a healthy balance.

blame klei. they can regulate prices by changing chance of item drops

image.thumb.png.27be87bb553ba208dbd5ab83b9220629.png

I mean, you're not wrong. I love Klei, but this is kinda ridiculous, and could be solved relatively easily.

Who knows, maybe when the forge rolls around they'll mix things up to help the player base, I wouldn't be surprised if they did. :)

Perhaps make the Halloween skins craftable during the forge event only (at very high spool costs) would be a nice way of making them obtainable (for a limited time) without completely devaluing them, which I think is an issue Klei is concerned with.

I see you mention weavey stuff. Yes, one will be able to unravel all skins (excluding loyal ones etc).
You won't be able to weave non-forge items, simply because "weave" button was grayed out for them (or not present at all? Can't remember). While non-forge skins had steam market button, forge skins lacked it.

Of course full release may change it, but I doubt it.

3 hours ago, Maslak said:

I see you mention weavey stuff. Yes, one will be able to unravel all skins (excluding loyal ones etc).
You won't be able to weave non-forge items, simply because "weave" button was grayed out for them (or not present at all? Can't remember). While non-forge skins had steam market button, forge skins lacked it.

Of course full release may change it, but I doubt it.

Let's have hope. Klei has been able to satisfy all of us with their fixes and updates (except EudedeAbodedede guy). They will be able to find a solution, like they have before.

49 minutes ago, Spaartan said:

Let's have hope. Klei has been able to satisfy all of us with their fixes and updates (except EudedeAbodedede guy). They will be able to find a solution, like they have before.

Honestly I hope my concerns are unfounded, and at the very least there will be enough time for enough Halloween skins to trickle into the market and lower prices. The only reason I'm still concerned about this is because it's been a Thursday since their release and this hasn't really seemed to be the case. If I had to guess, I'd say most people are likely holding onto these drops more than usual, even if they're not their main all the skins are still pretty darn cool, I'd have a hard time selling as well.

13 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

I would bet the Wigclops mask that whoever has that Wendy mask is reading this forum and trolling you guys just to watch the drama.

Yes, I am sure the 2000$ obviously a joke Wendy price was the tipping point, not the across the board 50-150$ tag on every skin.

1 hour ago, Spaartan said:

(except EudedeAbodedede guy).

59fde0fa0c5b6_220px-Ku_Klux_Klan_members_and_a_burning_cross_Denver_Colorado_1921.jpg.8f2e5bec20f185d1f404fed39ccab4b3.jpg

30 minutes ago, Mr.Mulk said:

Honestly I hope my concerns are unfounded, and at the very least there will be enough time for enough Halloween skins to trickle into the market and lower prices. The only reason I'm still concerned about this is because it's been a Thursday since their release and this hasn't really seemed to be the case. If I had to guess, I'd say most people are likely holding onto these drops more than usual, even if they're not their main all the skins are still pretty darn cool, I'd have a hard time selling as well.

It's unlikely Klei will do anything to fix it seeing as what has happened has already taken its course now. It would be abrasive for them to step in and rectify it; even if that is the community-friendly solution. Am not actually sure how long the event will last, heard four weeks heard two weeks.

Either way, better luck next time Klei at making a balanced skin release.

4 hours ago, Mr.Mulk said:

Prices still haven't moved that much, but the amounts are getting higher at the very least. Hopefully we get a solid five weeks or so of drops to continue this process.

The question is will it be enough?

If it was four or five weeks there'd be a chance.

I was under the impression that it was only going to be two weeks though. That the event would start right after the Forge Beta, then end at the full release so the events didn't overlap. Unfortunately they've never given dates on the Forge release or the end of the holiday either.

20 minutes ago, The Curator said:

If it was four or five weeks there'd be a chance.

I was under the impression that it was only going to be two weeks though. That the event would start right after the Forge Beta, then end at the full release so the events didn't overlap. Unfortunately they've never given dates on the Forge release or the end of the holiday either.

I can't find the original comment, but one of the devs stated that the Forge and Hallowed Nights events are gonna conclude at the same time, so that's roughly the end of the month.

On 11/3/2017 at 10:07 PM, Mr.Mulk said:

I think the best option is still buying them from Klei. I just don't understand why people are complaining about the marketplace, but at the same time defending it. It needs to change. Let the market place burn!!

From my understanding 10% goes to Klei, and 5% goes to Valve. There is a minimum $0.01 fee for each transaction, this puts a minimum price of $0.03 for items on the market place. Otherwise, they take a 30% cut on everything sold in steam (including DLC).

Buying skins directly from klei would be more profitable for them than taking a cut from the market place (they get a bigger cut). 5% of $100 is $5, 60% of $12.99 is $7.79. So you tell me where they make more money.............

I made a post about this:

On 11/3/2017 at 11:27 PM, Mr.Mulk said:

I mean, you're not wrong. I love Klei, but this is kinda ridiculous, and could be solved relatively easily.

Who knows, maybe when the forge rolls around they'll mix things up to help the player base, I wouldn't be surprised if they did. :)

Perhaps make the Halloween skins craftable during the forge event only (at very high spool costs) would be a nice way of making them obtainable (for a limited time) without completely devaluing them, which I think is an issue Klei is concerned with.

I just don't understand the whole rarity concept about items that are given to players randomly. And what is worse, the only way for most people to get them is to purchase them. So people with those items just means that they had the money to spend on them.

47 minutes ago, Master Wolf said:

I just don't understand the whole rarity concept about items that are given to players randomly. And what is worse, the only way for most people to get them is to purchase them. So people with those items just means that they had the money to spend on them.

I'd be more ok with the random drop system if there was a way for it to randomly reward more dedicated players, as opposed to just the lucky few. This does seem to be a very touchy subject though, for some reason.

19 minutes ago, Mr.Mulk said:

I'd be more ok with the random drop system if there was a way for it to randomly reward more dedicated players, as opposed to just the lucky few. This does seem to be a very touchy subject though, for some reason.

I would love for it to be merit based, like how you used to be able to get rewarded from doing difficult things in Halo 3. But I just don't know if you can randomly reward players AND make it merit based. I think that is like "having your cake, and eating it too" type of situation.

It is a touchy subject because people (like you and me) want special edition skins, and the only way to get them is to pay some ******* on the marketplace.

If you want changes, make your voices heard. Comment and like my post in the suggestions and feedback sub forums, OR make your own post about it. The only way for Klei to make changes, is if enough people ask for it.

1 minute ago, Sinister_Fang said:

It's cause dedicated players are fed up with the terrible drop rates. And we got a taste of a system that's so much better...

It's so tantalizing that we got a taste of the spool system, I thought it was awesome! :) It's a shame that yeah the skin system has no mechanic for benefitting the dedicated playerbase who make up the games community, seems like those would be the people you'd want to support the most.

I was once on a server with some random I met (he'd just bought the game), and within the span of a week he got three elegants. This was when skins were still a fairly new thing, and he got a ton of money, games, and items for them. Since he sold/traded them he has never once opened DST since, and probably never will.

Then there's people like me, who've never* (with the exception of the forced Christmas event one) gotten an elegant, despite literal hundreds of hours of my life dedicated to this game.

I don't mean to be overly negative, I'm genuinely glad skins are a thing, but dang, it's sometimes hard to open the game whenever I think about this.

2 minutes ago, Mr.Mulk said:

I was once on a server with some random I met (he'd just bought the game), and within the span of a week he got three elegants.

I know this pain all too well. I've got a friend who has barely even played the game, and he has more classy and above skins then he does commons. Heck, his very first skin was actually a spiffy.

Archived