Concerns Regarding Halloween Skins

25 minutes ago, Mr.Mulk said:

I've been keeping a close eye on Willow's elegant and so far two people have spent more than 60 dollars. Gonna be honest, I can't really compete with that.

i think youd have better luck mass buying spiffies from the steam market and praying that combining them gets you something good

I cashed in my WX mask for a mere $30, which seemed a fair premium for someone who wanted it right away. (No wonder it sold so fast!) But I’m waiting for the price of the skins I want (birdcage, maybe jack O’Lantern torch) to come down. I don’t doubt that they will, but the prices are always insanely inflated right after the skins are released, and even the limited ones go down eventually, if only because there’s a limited number of people willing to pay X for them, and once those people have their skins, all that’s left are the people who are only willing to pay Y. The owner can let it sit there indefinitely or drop the price. 

Been cool if the gifts at least got doubled during the event. That's a lot of time locked goodies with a very small drop chance. 

I personally really like WX's costume set, the Bat pet, the Birdcage, and the Pumpkin Lantern. I highly doubt I'll get any of that. And that's not to mention I also like Wes's, Maxwell's, and Wendy's. A friend is wanting the Bat Webber/Bat Pet. At best, I may end up with one I dislike and maybe I can trade it for another. :p

@DragonflyTheGiant @Rellimarual

59fb948f64273_Screenshot(166).thumb.png.f741b66981334ce1238caffa0f299170.png

Yeah I wish I was kidding...

Klei, y'all need to do something about this!! I'd could literally buy...*whips out calculator*

13 COMPLETE Gladiator sets with that much money!! You guys need to put an end to this madness!! 

I'd GLADLY put all that money in YOUR hands, any day! But this:

59fb963fe3d56_Screenshot(167).thumb.png.b1136ba5834ac3ab1e5a82d41dbd5b6b.png

This right here. THIS MADNESS RIGHT HERE!!!!

This insanity needs to cease!!

23 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

@DragonflyTheGiant @Rellimarual

59fb948f64273_Screenshot(166).thumb.png.f741b66981334ce1238caffa0f299170.png

Yeah I wish I was kidding...

Klei, y'all need to do something about this!! I'd could literally buy...*whips out calculator*

13 COMPLETE Gladiator sets with that much money!! You guys need to put an end to this madness!! 

I'd GLADLY put all that money in YOUR hands, any day! But this:

59fb963fe3d56_Screenshot(167).thumb.png.b1136ba5834ac3ab1e5a82d41dbd5b6b.png

This right here. THIS MADNESS RIGHT HERE!!!!

This insanity needs to cease!!

srsly tho, why

Look I hate to say it guys but Thursday has rolled around and neither the amounts are increasing nor the costs lowering. This really does not bode well for us.

We'll see what it's like in a week but this isn't shaping up too well, I hope Klei sees this and changes something...

Edit: At the very least it'd mean the world to me if they extended the drop time, it's not looking like it'll be enough. I'm assuming worst case scenario they'll stop dropping as soon as the forge begins, best case scenario they'll stop dropping as the forge ends. Either really isn't enough time for the skins to really become feasibly obtainable on the market.

1 hour ago, The Curator said:

And thus, Deerfrid is nearly 200$ at the moment, because Klei secretly doesn't want players to use these skins.

Okay, everything was fine except for this, it is not their fault. Its the greedy people in the market, trying to earn money out of this. Luckily the market right now is very elastic and doesn't buy when the price is very unreasonable. (thats a good thing because if people bought from them, then it would encourage them to maintain the price)

26 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

The top hat skins were elegant, and at any rate, you said nothing about elegants in your original post, only that people had “months and months” to get them, which was not the case.

Those were hats, these are chopped off heads of past survivors skins for each character, of course, it's going to be higher.

12 minutes ago, Starlogy said:

Remember when Winona came out and her skins were crazy expensive?

Just give it a week and the prices will probably be more reasonable.

I really hope you're right I just go through the motions every time this happens. I'm just concerned more this time because the stakes are so much higher, at least with the others there was no time limit.

1 minute ago, DragonflyTheGiant said:

Good news, it seems like Klei has listened to us and dropped the skin booster, I just got 2 non common items in the 2 gifts I just got

So far I've only gotten one common, hopefully it's just a fluke

53 minutes ago, DragonflyTheGiant said:

Good news, it seems like Klei has listened to us and dropped the skin booster, I just got 2 non common items in the 2 gifts I just got

Just because you had a stroke of luck doesn't necessarily mean the drops got improved. Could, but with a sample size of 1... well y'know.

Archived