Concerns Regarding Halloween Skins

1 hour ago, Chris1488 said:

I'm skeptical on whether the increased drop rate took effect yet or not (considering I just unboxed 3 commons this week), but last Halloween gave you higher chances to score rarer skins, especially from the Trade Inn. Scratch that, I believe it was only the Trade Inn. @PeterA? Can you confirm whether or not that's the case right now?

It was in-game drops too. Had tons of people I knew get event skin distinguisheds and elegants—doubt it was a coincidence.

On the topic of increased drop rate though, I kinda traded in 100+ skins a few days ago, so it would be a shame for those of us who did so at the start of the event.

10 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

It was in-game drops too. Had tons of people I knew get event skin distinguisheds and elegants—doubt it was a coincidence.

On the topic of increased drop rate though, I kinda traded in 100+ skins a few days ago, so it would be a shame for those of us who did so at the start of the event.

I have had just shirts, and skirts so far.

4 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Talking about last year.

You guys were talking about whether or not Klei increased the drop last year. Unless Klei said anything about it, it is just confirmation bias.

I meant that so far since I bought the game last year, I have had **** drop. The only things that dropped for me that were not common are some sweater vests, and a knee pants. I have had to buy skins that I actually wanted to use.

5 minutes ago, Master Wolf said:

You guys were talking about whether or not Klei increased the drop last year. Unless Klei said anything about it, it is just confirmation bias.

I can't recall if it was confirmed by a dev, but the occurrences weren't some joke. People were getting high tier skins not uncommonly—but only the event skins. If you wanna blow that off because you weren't present then go ahead. You might be able to find videos of people using the trade inn then and getting (several) high up tier drops—but again, only of the event skins. I think cptCalavera has a video of doing just that if I'm not mistaken.

29 minutes ago, Mr.Mulk said:

As far as my drops goes so far I've gotten two commons and a spiffy so far, got my fingers crossed for the fourth. Is it true that Trade in is a good idea to get the distinguished? I've never really used it before.

Well, lucky you. You still have hope. I find it very hard to see any miracle that I'll get the wendyflower, or anybody getting the skin they want. I just hope something changes, and soon. I'm sorry, but I actually feel very very upset about this. Maybe my mood will lighten up, but not while this sh*t is happening.

27 minutes ago, Spaartan said:

Well, lucky you. You still have hope. I find it very hard to see any miracle that I'll get the wendyflower, or anybody getting the skin they want. I just hope something changes, and soon. I'm sorry, but I actually feel very very upset about this. Maybe my mood will lighten up, but not while this sh*t is happening.

I'm gonna be completely honest with you. I'm very much in denial about the situation currently. Realistically getting these skins matters a lot more to me than it should, I just really want to have a complete collection. Not to mention the Halloween set is my favorite of all. I'm not dumb, I know the situation looks bleak, but I'm just gonna keep trying against all odds.

29 minutes ago, Spaartan said:

I stopped playing the game for months because I gave up before. I only came back to the game because of Forge. I am saving my skins until Forge, so I can use them to weave something worthwhile. If they get rid of the Forge skin system, I think I will quit until it comes back. Idling for skins is so boring, meaningless, and it makes me not want to play the game anymore.

1 minute ago, Master Wolf said:

Nobody knows right now since Klei has not released any information about it. I hope so though.

I don't want to crush your dreams about easy forge items, but you can gen spools only from forge items. otherwise it will destroy forge reward system

1 minute ago, MonsterLasagna said:

I received a Tuxedo Gloves drop on the Forge beta branch. Turned it into spools no problem.

I wonder if this means we'll be able to craft non forge skins with spools. Not likely, but that'd be awesome.

3 minutes ago, Mr.Mulk said:

I wonder if this means we'll be able to craft non forge skins with spools. Not likely, but that'd be awesome.

I believe it was stated that one can weave only Forge skins, but I don't remember where was it (if at all). But it would mess up with the market quite a lot, so I don't think Klei wanted it.

What's more, people could just idle to craft all the skins they want, and as a result everyone would farm somehow levels, because the skins one could earn this way would be unlimited.

12 minutes ago, landromat said:

I don't want to crush your dreams about easy forge items, but you can gen spools only from forge items. otherwise it will destroy forge reward system

You did not crush them, because you are just speculating. So no problem.

1 minute ago, fimmatek said:

I believe it was stated that one can weave only Forge skins, but I don't remember where was it (if at all). But it would mess up with the market quite a lot, so I don't think Klei wanted it.

We will have to wait some weeks to find out.

2 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

I would be fine if the market jerks who try to rip people off got what's coming to them.

Archived