Concerns Regarding Halloween Skins

3 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:
11 minutes ago, Mr.Mulk said:

I was once on a server with some random I met (he'd just bought the game), and within the span of a week he got three elegants.

I know this pain all too well. I've got a friend who has barely even played the game, and he has more classy and above skins then he does commons. Heck, his very first skin was actually a spiffy.

Actually I have the strong feeling that people who play much more rarely have some better chances with the drop. I play the way more and more regularly (daily) than my (irl) friends who have DST and the ratio of their skins' rarities were clearly better than by me. At least 5 people, more than it could be coincidence. 

3 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

Actually I have the strong feeling that people who play much more rarely have some better chances with the drop. I play the way more and more regularly (daily) than my (irl) friends who have DST and the ratio of their skins' rarities were clearly better than by me. At least 5 people, more than it could be coincidence. 

Ya know, the system might actually be setup to reward players who play less now that I think about it. I've taken a couple breaks from playing DST before and it seems like when I came back I'd get something spiffy or above. Now this could just be coincidence, but you have to admit, it seems to happen a lot...

19 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Ya know, the system might actually be setup to reward players who play less now that I think about it. I've taken a couple breaks from playing DST before and it seems like when I came back I'd get something spiffy or above. Now this could just be coincidence, but you have to admit, it seems to happen a lot...

I don't think there's any system in place for this, I think it's just that we've been seeing the extreme cases rising to the top. In my example, the random I described, to be fair, is the only case where I've seen this occur. To be fair I could be wrong, but I think it's important we take a step back and not jump to too many conclusions.

With that being said, I would be lying if I didn't say there does seem to be a coincidental good luck newer players have, but I think this is nothing more than coincidence in my opinion. I have had less active and newer friends regularly get elegants and below on a normal basis, which certainly indicates a bias.

2 minutes ago, Spaartan said:

THERE IS NO INCENTIVE ONLY PLEATED SHIRTS

I feel that pain. I didn't get anything remarkable this week, and since there's only four drops a week, I'm kinda sitting here twiddling my thumbs watching the market and hoping. 

On another note the very minimal thing that'd help is if the skin limit was more than four, say like 7. 4 feels really limited especially if you have my luck :D

Without a sufficiently large sample size to derive some sound statistical analysis it's all speculation and conjecture as to whether or not newer players get better drops.

Personally I believe I have found one or two elegants in my time playing of ~1.2k hours, but I think it was only one.  My mind's fuzzy on the details here.

10 hours ago, CarlZalph said:

Without a sufficiently large sample size to derive some sound statistical analysis it's all speculation and conjecture as to whether or not newer players get better drops.

Personally I believe I have found one or two elegants in my time playing of ~1.2k hours, but I think it was only one.  My mind's fuzzy on the details here.

I've gotten 3 elegants in half that time.

-Glommy Head Guise (halloween 2016)

-Arctic Vargling (while farming for skins on Christmas 2016)

-Survivor Willow (while playing the game on Christmas 2016)

I guess i should consider myself lucky, but.. somehow it still leaves me wanting more..

1 hour ago, Palecwsmalec1 said:

I've gotten 3 elegants in half that time.

-Glommy Head Guise (halloween 2016)

-Arctic Vargling (while farming for skins on Christmas 2016)

-Survivor Willow (while playing the game on Christmas 2016)

I guess i should consider myself lucky, but.. somehow it still leaves me wanting more..

Tell me your secret.

Also the skin prices haven't budged now since like Friday. This is gonna be bad. At this point I'm just gonna try having one of the top buy orders, maybe someone will have mercy.

49 minutes ago, Mr.Mulk said:

Tell me your secret.

Also the skin prices haven't budged now since like Friday. This is gonna be bad. At this point I'm just gonna try having one of the top buy orders, maybe someone will have mercy.

1. Heh, i guess my only secret is extremely limited luck, seeing as i have gotten 7 commons in the halloween event already, and a lot of people around me are getting elegants and distinguisheds..

2. Bleh, this whole limited supply thing with halloween skins is slowly making us all go insane. Several people have already paid $120 for something that shouldn't even be over 10$ in the right mind.

32 minutes ago, Palecwsmalec1 said:

1. Heh, i guess my only secret is extremely limited luck, seeing as i have gotten 7 commons in the halloween event already, and a lot of people around me are getting elegants and distinguisheds..

2. Bleh, this whole limited supply thing with halloween skins is slowly making us all go insane. Several people have already paid $120 for something that shouldn't even be over 10$ in the right mind.

I'm about to offer way too much for a skin, the only positive is that most of the money is coming from me selling skins I don't use anyways. I'm not gonna say the specific amount though because I'm legitimately embarrassed.

1 hour ago, Starlogy said:

i hate bragging but

-intense dab-

77245a3d192a03c05215d050561ebf64.jpg

wait you can put distinguished items into the trade in?

EDIT: I did some research and learned the machine sometimes gives out elegants from spiffies. Does anyone know the chances of success with this?

Something I have taken note of:

Even if the listings are ridiculous, there's still the chance a user will come by and give the highest bidder the item. This only appears to happen if the highest seller is the 45-70 dollar range though.

On another note a lot of the skins are going down in price but of course the one I want is one of like four that refuses to drop.

7 minutes ago, Starlogy said:

i swear someone saw my post cause spiffy prices doubled last night. rip spiffies.

When you said spiffies doubled last night you weren't kidding. I think a lot of people might have seen this and all bumrushed the spiffies.

image.thumb.png.03e8cf9a999bb24638e8f0158bf06e1b.png

Alternatively it's a good time to sell unnecessary spiffy dupes.

Archived