[Game Update] - 232355

1 hour ago, Instant-Noodles said:

winona_shadow_oval.thumb.png.966a9c8c422d8dbf745bcd948fb709f4.pngwinona_shadow = "You are but a cog in my machine.",

Two thoughts that come to mind:

1. Her shadow portrait reminds me of Ghostbusters: Answer the Call.
  2. Her tagline reminds me of a Alice Cooper song but I can't put my finger on it... Probably from his "LAst Temptation" album.
  • Like 1

Remember when hours earlier, everyone was mad at Klei because they thought Winona was all we're getting.

Anyway, her perks in detail:

Is a skilled builder
Her crafting animation takes 0.5 seconds to complete rather than the usual 1 second. This means she crafts twice as fast than normal.

Gets one free hit from the dark
Resists 1 hit from charlie. This ability recharges when you exit darkness.

Brings her own tools
Winona starts with 3 Trusty Tapes. Crafted with 1 silk and 3 cut grass in the Dress tab. Restores 5 days of durability, only works on clothing, single-use, stacks up to 40.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, JohnWatson said:

are we going to pretend that 9-page thread didn't happen

You are wrong when you say that everyone was thinking that Winona was "all we're getting.". Maybe most people were, maybe most people were disappointed because they expected Winona to be better.
But since we got a mail that was speaking about "more to her arrival than it appears", (source here : https://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/81799-meet-winona/?do=findComment&comment=950993 ), some people were expecting more to come. Proof here for example of people speaking about more possibly to come :

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/81799-meet-winona/?do=findComment&comment=951904

But yes, i didn't expected something big, neither something for DS, something for SW and something for DST. But again, i prefer not to hope to big usually :)

32 minutes ago, Mudley said:

One thing, am I missing something, or is she a straight upgrade from WIlson? Where are her negatives?

No negatives as far as I can tell. (Unless you consider not having a beard a downside I guess.) Nothing in her .lua file suggests she has any hidden downsides either (like less damage).

local start_inv =
{
    "sewing_tape",
    "sewing_tape",
    "sewing_tape",
}

local function common_postinit(inst)
    inst:AddTag("handyperson")
    inst:AddTag("fastbuilder")
end

local function master_postinit(inst)
    inst.components.grue:SetResistance(1)
end

Edited by oCrapaCreeper

She is a bit boring. If her only characteristic is "hey, I'm Charlie's sister", then I am sorely disappointed. I mean, I'm not the one running the show, but I agree. She is just upgraded Wilson that currently exists solely for lore.

Hopefully she gets some cons in a future patch. I like having to work around problems.

37 minutes ago, JohnWatson said:

Gets one free hit from the dark
Resists 1 hit from charlie. This ability recharges when you exit darkness.

So that's how it works, I was wondering how the recharge mechanic that ability works. Thanks.

21 minutes ago, Mudley said:

One thing, am I missing something, or is she a straight upgrade from WIlson? Where are her negatives?

She has no particular downsides outside of not being able to do the things WIlson can do (can't grow a beard).