Announcing Don't Starve: Hamlet, The Forge and other exciting news!

3 hours ago, Aeschwutz said:

I really can't help it observing  in detail the fact that there are two currencies that can be used to purchase food. The standard gold coins and a clover like look white currency.

Edit: Along the character's position isn't even at the center which makes me speculate how the camera positioning works on Hamlet on this store.

If the camera wasn't fixed then it would end up giving view beyond the walls, or they'd have to create deadzones just for the camera in those specific places so yeah having it fixed is the easiest option.

What worries me about the currencies though is that having to pay for food could lead to the game becoming a currency grind as opposed to a survival experience. Unless the game is meant to center around the player raiding dungeons which give currency to buy food in town.

2 minutes ago, Korlie said:

What worries me about the currencies though is that having to pay for food could lead to the game becoming a currency grind as opposed to a survival experience. Unless the game is meant to center around the player raiding dungeons which give currency to buy food in town.

I rather imagine that this shop will be an additional, optional way to get food, similarly to getting gold from pig king. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fimmatek said:

I rather imagine that this shop will be an additional, optional way to get food, similarly to getting gold from pig king. 

I agree. It might be an option for players who want to live in the city maybe? Instead of going out to get resources/supplies, they can just buy it (maybe a city base/house has limited space or something making it harder to throw down an alchemy engine, 5 crockpots, 10 chests, etc. Maybe you upgrade your space with said currency???) Currencies probably drop from mobs as well like those gold gifts from Year of the Gobbler/Varg.

8 hours ago, Aeschwutz said:

I really can't help it observing  in detail the fact that there are two currencies that can be used to purchase food. The standard gold coins and a clover like look white currency.

It's likely the same currency, but the clover is just a higher value coin.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, fimmatek said:

Unless the currency has no other use though it likely won't be very worth it then considering how easy it is to get food in general. Shops are generally only valuable when there's no other way to get what they're selling on your own, otherwise you might as well just get it yourself.

4 hours ago, Korlie said:

Unless the currency has no other use though it likely won't be very worth it then considering how easy it is to get food in general. Shops are generally only valuable when there's no other way to get what they're selling on your own, otherwise you might as well just get it yourself.

That kinda depends on what's available in Hamlet. Food might be more scarce then usual, or the currency might be plentiful enough that buying food would just be a convenience thing.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

That kinda depends on what's available in Hamlet. Food might be more scarce then usual, or the currency might be plentiful enough that buying food would just be a convenience thing.

Wouldn't that make hunger trivial then if the currency was easy to get though.

7 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I don't see much point talking about balance when we haven't even seen any gameplay whatsoever.

i mean anybody can see from the three screenshots that this is literally shipwrecked + the forge retextured and sold for 5x the price but keep telling yourself that buddy

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, JellyUltra said:

i mean anybody can see from the three screenshots that this is literally shipwrecked + the forge retextured and sold for 5x the price but keep telling yourself that buddy

Ehm... I didn't see any type of sea related stuff in the screenshots nor a fighting arena. The only things that make Hamlet "the same as shipwrecked and forge" are the fact that it's a Don't Starve Dlc and it's related to pigs

45 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Ehm... I didn't see any type of sea related stuff in the screenshots nor a fighting arena. The only things that make Hamlet "the same as shipwrecked and forge" are the fact that it's a Don't Starve Dlc and it's related to pigs

The joke.

Your head.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, webbermain252 said:

Okay, but do we even know if hunger will even be a feature in Hamlet? For all we know, food could just be items to give you specific boosts when exploring dungeons and such.

But the title of the game is Don't Starve...hunger is one of the main mechanics.

Edited by Wesminator
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, webbermain252 said:

Okay, but do we even know if hunger will even be a feature in Hamlet? For all we know, food could just be items to give you specific boosts when exploring dungeons and such.

Wes would then actually need a nerf

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, webbermain252 said:

I'm pretty sure that Dlc is supposed to add new mechanics, not take them away xd. Maybe thirst will be added or wounds

I just wish we get a date. That way I can plan to play when it comes out. Same goes for whenever big event two happens..

I'm on spring break right now and was really hoping something would be out by now to enjoy it. 

I can wait though, just too excited to wait much longer lol 

• Like 1

I just wish they hadn't announced Hamlet so soon. On the day of the announcement it could have been just the update on Shiprekt and The Forge.

It's been seven months since the announcement, they could have at least put the date in Q2 so we will not be in a hope that will arrive soon.

:wilson_cry::wilson_cry::wilson_cry:

Edited by Corazon
  • Like 6