Asteroid Seed sharing thread

Here's an interesting seed: Pi

A good ngg nearby,  reasonable water, metal volcano, etc.

About the only thing missing is that the starter seed count is a bit low.  You'll need a couple of harvest cycles to get going. 

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 7:30 AM, Male_zvire said:

Hi, i have found amazing world with  Chlorine geyser in the right of base and steam & natural gay geyser in the left near base. No germs in the way.

How i can get world gen code for share?

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 1:14 AM, Chris_Hoefler said:

If you want to find out a seed from a random generated world after you generated it .. well guess this is not possible at least I've found no way to do so.

Has anyone checked the registry while the game is running to see if it's stored there?  Are there any local files having to do with the currently running map?

3 hours ago, JessIAm said:

Has anyone checked the registry while the game is running to see if it's stored there?  Are there any local files having to do with the currently running map?

There is no longer any need.  The World Seed is displayed on the in-game menu, where you would access Options, exit to the Main Menu, or Quit to Desktop.

4 minutes ago, Kabrute said:

And that's why I wanted a new topic on this

Agree completely.  In fact, I think I'll just go ahead and start a new one when the next update comes out.  Link back to this thread so people can still find it, but clarify that it is for seeds created from that update on.

Interesting seed that I haven't seen listed before...

Good stuff:

4 Cool Steam totaling 2,529.8 kg/C (2 visible are awesome, 2 buried suck)

Iron Volcano putting out 301.9 kg/C

Hot Polluted Oxygen Vent running at 69.6 kg/C

The rest:

Hydrogen Vent, visible Chlorine Gas Vent, Carbon Dioxide Geyser (Free cooling, not even 11 kg/C), visible Natural Gas (9.7 kg/C, SUCK!!!) and a Steam Vent at 11 kg/C

3 Oil Reservoirs

Decent quantity of Wheezewort despite minimal Ice biome. 2 AETN to the extreme east, the other to the extreme west. Good amount of starting seeds for both Mealwood and Bristle Blossom. Good amount of possible of clustered Pincha Pepper Plants for natural greenhouses. Decent initial placement for the initial water deposits and "nice" Slime layouts allowing for Slimelung free early access to a decent amount of both Iron and Gold.

Opinion:

The sheer amount of water from the Cool Steam Vents definitely balances out the lack of Natural Gas for power generation. Above average seed requiring more creativity in power production than other seeds I've played recently (One had 3 NG Geysers so close together you could put them in the same room and run 4 generators infinitely from their combined normalized output.)

I was bored, so...

Spoiler

Near base: 1 natural gas, 1 buried hot oxygen, 1 cool steam vent

Other (away from base) geythers: 1 natural gas, 2 cool steam vent, 1 gold volcano, 1 copper volcano, 1 slimelung oxygen vent

3 oil reservoir

3 AETN (really far away)

Spoiler

Near base: 1 cool steam vent

Other geythers: 2 natural gas, 1 cool steam vent, 2 chlorine vent, 1 minor volcano, 1 carbon dioxide vent

2 oil reservoir

2 AETN 

Spoiler

Other geythers: 3 natural gas, 1 cool steam vent, 1 chlorine vent, 2 pol. water vent, 2 hot pol. oxygen vent

2 oil reservoir

2 AETN 

Spoiler

Other geythers: 3 natural gas, 2 cool steam vent, 2 iron volcano, 1 gold volcano, 1 slimelung oxygen vent

2 oil reservoir

3 AETN 

Spoiler

Near base: 1 cool steam vent, 1 buried gold volcano

Other geythers: 3 natural gas, 1 chlorine vent, 1 copper volcano, 1 carbon dioxide vent, 1 carbon dioxide geyser

2 oil reservoir

3 AETN

Spoiler

Other geythers: 3 natural gas, 3 cool steam vent, 1 iron volcano, 1 copper volcano, 1 hot steam vent, 1 pol. water vent

2 oil reservoir

2 AETN 

Spoiler

Other geythers:  1 volcano, 1 gold volcano, 1 slimelung oxygen vent, 1 pol. water vent

2 oil reservoir

3 AETN 

Spoiler

No geysers near base

Other geythers: 2 cool steam vent, 1 copper volcano, 1 water geyser, 1 hot steam vent, 1 cool slush geyser

2 oil reservoir

2 AETN 

Spoiler

Near base: 1 cool steam vent, 1 natural gas, 1 buried volcano

Other geythers: 1 natural gas, 1 cool steam vent, 1 copper volcano,  1 water geyser, 1 carbon dioxide vent

1 oil reservoir

3 AETN 

On 15/09/2017 at 10:11 AM, vonVile said:

That was the first seed I did. I also did this song to see what I would get:

I haven't done it yet, but I also what do the numbers from Lost.

I test the number 42 in case of the dev hide an easter egg, but i only found a very close nat gas geyser and a gold volcano hidding far away.

I was pretty sure they made a special map for the answer of everything in the universe.....but i'm wrong:?

With the new update, 9999 has a Gold Volcano perfectly situated in a cold biome to the north east. And by perfect I mean it drops already-cooling gold, as apposed to a liquid. Haven't explored more or anything but yeah.

1 cool slush about 20 tiles from starting biome with polluted water besides it about 10 tiles away.

2 cool steam vents

1 chlorine

1 iron

2 natural geyser

1 crude oil deposit

This is as far as I've explored might be more but with cool slush and polluted water next to starting base it easily becomes the best seed I've ever seen.

I love this map: one cool slush, copper vulcano, hydrogen vent ALL next to an AETN, one PWater, 2 nat gas (one directly above your base), one chlorine, one steam (right next to another AETN), 3 oil reserv´, another cool slush in the oil biome!!

1 hour ago, Yunru said:

No, my laptop is. Can't run anything that puts a heavy load on it due to heat (ironically), and well, ONI...

Have you tried using it in a room full of hydrogen with four wheezeworts?

42 minutes ago, malloc said:

Have you tried using it in a room full of hydrogen with four wheezeworts?

I did but then I got hypothermia while sitting in a room a -200*C with just casual clothes. Only after a couple of hours though, so there's that.

1 hour ago, Yunru said:

I did but then I got hypothermia while sitting in a room a -200*C with just casual clothes. Only after a couple of hours though, so there's that.

But ... How long have you been holding breath before you got hypothermia?

Archived