Asteroid Seed sharing thread

A few interesting features on the low digit seeds in the Occupational Upgrade.

Seed 8 has a steam geyser POI intersecting the start biome, which can cause early game temperature issues. The other three geysers are in close proximity to each other East-Northeast of spawn. Great if you plan to build an enormous industrial facility over there.

D7juh7I.jpg

s4SJz43.jpg

Seed 12 has two steam geysers on top of each other, and in very close proximity to an ice biome, north-northeast of spawn. Good for centralizing your water production. The other two geysers are both nat-gas, one of which is visible from the start biome.

nHWbJI5.jpg

I will say:

Seed: 2 is quite interesting, with two steam geysers and two natural gas geysers relatively close. A bunch of Hatches.

Seed 20180101 is also quite good, with two natural gas geysers not only close to the core but stack up togather, and two steam geysers which one of them are near the core. Not many Hatches tho.

with build as of this day. PEACE.

18 hours ago, Judicat0r said:

Nice seed: 1695973402
2 Natural gas and 1 Steam geysers nearbyimage.thumb.png.2b95f7c23199bc3ffcd1b9299f63a60d.pngimage.thumb.png.088ea58c63443fad99fa3d2b66b4bb55.png

UPD: A second Steam Geyser above the ice biome, to the left of Natural Gas Geyser n2:
image.thumb.png.268d2cec8c5639661b2ac107f8d5af78.png
Also the oil biome under the ice one with a lot of slicksters:
image.thumb.png.14358e46dc1fb0ea2546fb83faaf96d1.png

There does seem to be some variation in the new upgrade.  I had or seed that I'd used several times to try out different ideas.  It had an NG to the west and a steam to the east, both within visible range limits.

After the upgrade, the steam geyser has moved to a different position (checked with debug to ensure it moved and wasn't deleted by ruins)

On 05/09/2017 at 6:58 PM, mahesar said:

Is there any way to find to seed of a randomly generated world? I came across a pretty nice world worth sharing but I can't find the seed....

Press Esc and at the bottom of the Save/Load options is the seed number. 

Seed 829909556 is pretty good with a Nat Gas Geyser immediately to the South and Ice biome immediately to the NE, lots of reachable algae as well.

ONI1.jpg

Occupational Upgrade, 555644674

Chlorine geyser near spawn, nearby (just under spawn if memory serves) reeds without germs sitting atop an upgrade. Good for early atmo suits. Loads of hatches, algae, and coal. Oil well straight down and just to the right. The steam geysers aren’t real close to spawn BUT they’re both in close proximity to frost biomes and thermo nullifiers. The left one is also close to oil zones. Water, nullifier and oil in the same spot? Interesting! Located about two screens left and a screen or two down and the other is about two screens right and a screen up just above the big frost biome, a little further from it’s nullifier - almost a screen away but close enough to utilize easily.

Looks like the Rancher Upgrade hasn’t messed with spawn points at all, only added more stuff to the already familiar.

1986 is one to check out. 3 geyers (2x NG and a steam) just outside spawn. Also had a second steam in far upper right corner, two oil wells and a nullifier between them. These are still present. Rancher Upgrade also added a third NGG, a Copper vent, 2x Polluted O2, a couple Chlorine, and a CO2 geyser scattered about. Sadly no volcanoes, hot steam (the new 500C ones) or other new goodies.

Presumably the world is still short on starter seeds. Prepare for mush bars if you give it a whirl.

Seed: 621400946. Cool steam vent very close to spawn. Starting area has lots of everything - water, metal and algae.

2-1-1, plus

Spoiler

EIGHT more geysers!

1 hot PO2 vent, 1 liquid CO2 geyser, 2 chlorine geysers, 1 iron volcano (just outside spawn), 1 copper volcano, 1 slush geyser, another cool steam vent.

457140_20180327142256_1.png

Made a new topic by accident
still posting this here

Build R1-260921 
36 wort seed or more
2nearby  steam vent south and north west 
2 natural gas geyser both north west, 1 is hidden
Oxylite chunk West side of base
A lot of cold biome
Leaky Oil Fissure West of base

Hydrogen vent in between the steam vent and natural geyser

Map not fully explored.

World Seed 927722115

I thought I'd share this seed with people here, it's got a lot of awesomeness in it.

Seed: 613035711

Build: R1-261452

Immediately Left of the base there's 2 cool steam vents in a hot biome, and hidden below them a polluted water geyser. Along with a cerebral POI left of the geysers just inside the border of a slime biome.

The Ice biome above this has a Thermo nullifier. Above the thermo nullifier, there's a minor volcano. Careful of that, as it will wreck the coil biome.

Further up from there, still in the cold biome, is another thermo nullifier

Directly down into another hot biome there's an oxylite spiral, with a NG geyser in the slime biome to the left, a little lower than the spiral.

Directly down from the NG there's another Cerebral POI in the Oil Biome.

Immediately to the right there's a Chlorine Geyser in another hot biome and just a little higher and further to the right into the slime biome there's another polluted water vent. At the bottom of this hot biome there's also cool Slush geyser ( emits pH2O at -10 degrees )

Going straight up from there, through the hot biome into another slime biome, there's a hot polluted oxygen vent.and above and to the right, at the edge of the map another Thermo Nullifier.

Straight up from the base, through the hot biome into the cold one, there's another minor volcano.

The bottom right in the oil biome is the only oil geyser, but next to it is a molten Iron volcano, so you can easily boil the oil coming out of it into NG with the heat from the molten iron.

In total, there's about 30+ wort seeds on the map as well, a good portion of them in the cold biome to the left.

In all, I think this map is a GREAT setup to build a base, with easy access to the oil biome for a slickster ranch, plenty of water and poluted water available to run electrolysers and fertiliser makers for NG generation.
I'm also thinking that the Iron/ oil combo could make for a great NG generator setup, along with maybe a steam turbine of some sort to boot.

1 hour ago, suicide commando said:

I thought I'd share this seed with people here, it's got a lot of awesomeness in it.

Build: R1-261452

Immediately Left of the base there's 2 cool steam vents in a hot biome, and hidden below them a polluted water geyser. Along with a cerebral POI left of the geysers just inside the border of a slime biome.

You didn't put the actual seed number in. 

Two cool steam and one natural gas near spawn, AETN straight down. Crazy amount of spawn area muckroot for those who are slow to get farming up and running. A LOT of digging for those who are mining crazy like me =)

Archived