Asteroid Seed sharing thread

1238794453. geysers: 2 steam and 1 natural gas to west, 1 chlorine to southeast, 1 natural gas to north. no mealwood on map, 1 bristle blossom.

Spoiler

5a2bfb3425475_2017-12-9_16-58-57_794.thumb.jpg.ea91c2f6b475437554da92a477ff334c.jpg

516772526. geysers: 1 steam to west, 1 steam to east, 1 chlorine to northwest, 2 natural gas to northeast.

Spoiler

5a2bfce835f00_2017-12-9_17-7-5_436.thumb.jpg.5e2a4bee97830831323ffe5b21f5dfa6.jpg

204385031. geysers: 1 steam to west, 1 steam to east, 1 chlorine and 1 natural gas to north, 1 natural gas to south.

Spoiler

5a2bfe561cca4_2017-12-9_17-13-56_565.thumb.jpg.b7103aec5189d594cb99cba397e24d04.jpg

338199631. geysers: 1 natural gas and 1 chlorine to west, 1 natural gas to south, 2 steam to east.

Spoiler

5a2bffe20546d_2017-12-9_17-19-25_84.thumb.jpg.d3350205fa538d3adf81c0bb6cffa15b.jpg

So this has been my favorite seed since the Automation Update. All five geyser spawns to the west of the starting biome. There are also four Anti-Entropy Devices and two oil wells. Their spawn locations makes it an ideal map for separating half the map for pure industry use while keeping the other half clear for dup comfort and agriculture.

One natural gas and one steam immediately visible when you start digging to the left. The second steam geyser visible a little north of the first natural gas geyser. The second natural gas geyser is to the southwest of the first steam geyser.

To the immediate left of the second steam geyser is an Anti-Entropy Device and a chlorine geyser. A little northwest of the chlorine geyser is a second Anti-Entropy Device. Of the remaining Anti-Entropy Devices, one is to the far east at the edge of the map, and one is south of the first steam geyser bordering the oil biome. The two oil wells both spawn on the border of the oil biome, with one to the immediate right of the southern Anti- Entropy Device.

Image in spoiler for exact locations.

World: Default

Seed: 1241987186

Spoiler

default-1241987186.thumb.png.531a13d797972c59a47759097bb4905e.png

It is kind of funny. The more I play ONI (started after oil update), the less I care about geysers. When I first started playing I assumed that sustainability solely comes from geysers, which is far from true.

Right now I'am playing on Helicona 1 (non-default world) and it just feels nice to have all this unobstructive space. This got me thinking about what a nice worldgen is.

The starting biome on default worldgen just feels a bit cramped, especially when you want to add dupes quickly and dig out space for rooms and equipment. The other biomes are ofc more interesting than the starting biome and you can find more valuable materials there, but advancement through those is way slower.

This is why I highly value accessible nearby reeds in a default worldgen. The best case is the neural thing setpiece covered in slime with reeds growing all over it.

On 12/9/2017 at 5:59 AM, HomShaBom said:

six six triple eight forty-six ninety-nine three

9 hours ago, Automatic620 said:

6688846993 this is by far the best seed Ive found so far. water and natural gas literally right next to the start and a ton of copper.

Thanks to this bug report I know that currently max seed number is 2147483647.
https://forums.kleientertainment.com/klei-bug-tracker/oni/custom-worldgen-seeds-turn-into-0-r8184/

So your seed is actually same as seed 0.

On 12/9/2017 at 12:31 PM, HomShaBom said:

How do you get a picture of the full map? I can't zoom out that far.

Alt S then scroll mouse wheel to zoom out.

On 12/9/2017 at 1:22 PM, Angelix said:

debug mode

Not required any more
Almost no oxylite and very little water :) 10 hatches and like 30 mealwood seeds in the starting biome, water geyser due east, with caustic wrapping 3/4 the way around the base, so far atleast 8 weezewarts from 3 ice biomes and only explored 1/3 the map :)

I had the near-perfect seed for those who have a playstyle similar to my own.  1097731340

• The starting biome was clear of geysers and ruins, meaning there's plenty of space to expand without impediment. 
  • There's a huge slime biome to one side of the starting biome, giving plenty of slime for mushrooms and gold amalgam for industrial machinery. 
  • There's a huge purple biome to the other side providing plenty of bleach stone, algae, and iron.
  • There's a huge cold biome on the other side of the slime biome with no fewer than 13 wheeze worts.
  • These three biomes being so close to the starting biome means any resource you need (save oil) is a stone's throw away.
  • None of the geysers are too far away, but none are so close that they present obstacles to your colony layout or heating problems.
  • One of the steam geysers is naturally cooled by an adjacent cold biome, so it provides water at a nice 60-75 F if you don't suck it dry every day.
  • The starting biome has no shine bugs, but it does have at least eight hatches, lots of algae and copper, and tons of fresh water.

But remember, I said "near-perfect".  For the life of me I cannot find a second natural gas geyser.  /sad face

Here's a pic of that lovely, naturally cooled steam geyser.  Have you ever seen anything so beautiful?

CDDBEC7E77B2F8C1AF8EAD94AAFFCD8CEF4E0AAF

On 12/9/2017 at 3:40 PM, Shukuen said:

So this has been my favorite seed since the Automation Update. All five geyser spawns to the west of the starting biome. There are also four Anti-Entropy Devices and two oil wells. Their spawn locations makes it an ideal map for separating half the map for pure industry use while keeping the other half clear for dup comfort and agriculture.

One natural gas and one steam immediately visible when you start digging to the left. The second steam geyser visible a little north of the first natural gas geyser. The second natural gas geyser is to the southwest of the first steam geyser.

To the immediate left of the second steam geyser is an Anti-Entropy Device and a chlorine geyser. A little northwest of the chlorine geyser is a second Anti-Entropy Device. Of the remaining Anti-Entropy Devices, one is to the far east at the edge of the map, and one is south of the first steam geyser bordering the oil biome. The two oil wells both spawn on the border of the oil biome, with one to the immediate right of the southern Anti- Entropy Device.

Image in spoiler for exact locations.

World: Default

Seed: 1241987186

Reveal hidden contents

default-1241987186.thumb.png.531a13d797972c59a47759097bb4905e.png

I tried to play this seed, and indeed if i open my map it shows the same exact seed number as yours, but its all different, including having only one nat gas geyser). 

Did the game get patched between Dec 9th and last week and thats why the seed is different? Or, is there some other setting that i checked that randomizes it (I selected default) Since what date would seed be the same? 

Thanks in Advance!

Atlas

31 minutes ago, Atlas888 said:

I tried to play this seed, and indeed if i open my map it shows the same exact seed number as yours, but its all different, including having only one nat gas geyser). 

Did the game get patched between Dec 9th and last week and thats why the seed is different? Or, is there some other setting that i checked that randomizes it (I selected default) Since what date would seed be the same? 

Thanks in Advance!

Atlas

Yeah, I noticed the same thing myself after that colony died and I tried to start again. Apparently the last patch changed how geysers spawn. Really disappointing, since one of the changes is capping the geyser limit to 4 instead of 5 now.

2 hours ago, Atlas888 said:

but its all different, including having only one nat gas geyser). 

Rules of world generation has been changed. Now we only have 4 geysers(2 Steam +1/2 NG +1/0 Chlorine)

If you still want 5 geysers in a map:  Jungle.yaml

\Steam\steamapps\common\OxygenNotIncluded\OxygenNotIncluded_Data\StreamingAssets\worldgen\subworlds

However, this patch can't help you generate a same map by an old seed.

An Upgrade which changes the worldgen data can make a seed invalid.

seed 11631633811 on the current update is a BEAST. Two natural gas geysers about a biome up and about a biome apart from the portal, to the right side. There's a large-ish water res right below the portal, and a lot of polluted water to the left side for turning back into good water, if you don't feel like dealing with cooling the steam geyser just outside the starting biome to the right and down about 10 squares or so. Then a biome below that is one of two oil res geyser things. There are also very close frozen biomes with a lot of brain changing thingies.

On 1/31/2018 at 8:27 AM, Oozinator said:

I tried. Starterbiome same, geysers different places. Seedsharing not working (for me)?

This was with the Tubular upgrade, not the preview, maybe seeds react differently in different versions ?

If you're using Tubular too, I don't know why it would be different.. Only possible  reason I could see is that

I'm on Linux.

Tube live version  seed    is generated differently from the    Occupational Upgrade preview version.

some of the seeds that work in  live tube   doesn't work the same in the new version. a lot of 'special area of interest gets replaced.

3311984 -  is a great seed in the new occupational upgrade!   (steam north of base, natural gas and chlorine gas left of base.)  4 brain ruins.

Archived