Rhymes with Play - Oxygen Not Included Agricultural Upgrade Preview

Be sure to join the Klei team on our official Twitch channel, where we will be showing off new features in the upcoming Agricultural Update for Oxygen Not Included! As always, the stream will be going live on Thursday, May 11th at 3:30 PM Pacific (10:30 PM UTC), only on the Rhymes with Play Dev Cast.

Where is it?
On our official Twitch channel here:
http://www.twitch.tv/kleientertainment

Times:
10:30 PM UTC (Coordinated Universal Time)
6:30 PM ET (East)
5:30 PM CT (Central)
4:30 PM MT (Mountain)

When is it?
Thursday, May 11th at 3:30 PM Pacific (10:30 PM UTC). Here's a handy tool to figure out what time that means for you:
http://www.worldtimebuddy.com

Wait!!! Didn't they say they were going to "rollback" to a time before "redward neighbor noved R" (I'm the one that commented redward! But! What I'm sure most of you didn't know was that I meant to say fredward but misspelled it. But I'm glad that I did misspell it.) Died and continue from there!!?!?!!!!??!?

Oh yeah, just so you know I'm the one that commented Bunbury as a dupe name. And a lot of people wondered what it was from, so today you shall find out! Bunbury is a made up person from a play by Homer, (no not Homer Simpson) called: the importance of being Ernest. If you want to know what part he played in the story, you'll have to here/watch/read the play.

I really hope that wires are still buildable inside floor tiles. I kept getting the impression from the stream that they changed it so you can't anymore and you have to manage the decor hits. Sucks my timezone lines up badly with the stream so I couldnt ask. But I'm thinking if thats the case then standard wires have no bad decor but the heavy wire do cause you have to have wires running everywhere in your base.

Or maybe you can build standard wires in tiles but cant with the heavy. I dunno!! looks like I'll have to wait till the update.

>; /

18 minutes ago, jigggy2000 said:

I really hope that wires are still buildable inside floor tiles. I kept getting the impression from the stream that they changed it so you can't anymore and you have to manage the decor hits. Sucks my timezone lines up badly with the stream so I couldnt ask. But I'm thinking if thats the case then standard wires have no bad decor but the heavy wire do cause you have to have wires running everywhere in your base.

Or maybe you can build standard wires in tiles but cant with the heavy. I dunno!! looks like I'll have to wait till the update.

>; /

Fairly certain that regular wires can still be built in tiles, just the new heavy ones cannot.

i keep  hoping they mention fixing the temp reset bug new stuff is nice but we are deadlocked on advanced building with the reset bug preventing the usage of heat not just suffering the consequences of heat nut being able to manipulate it without debug and glitching

1 hour ago, heckubis said:

i keep  hoping they mention fixing the temp reset bug new stuff is nice but we are deadlocked on advanced building with the reset bug preventing the usage of heat not just suffering the consequences of heat nut being able to manipulate it without debug and glitching

Yes, I really do hope they fix gases having their temperature reset in pipes, but other then that, it really looks like this update is fixing nearly everything that I've disliked about the game.  The ability for Dupes to auto-harvest is fantastic!  I won't have to keep telling them to harvest all the time now because the plants keep using fertilizer even after they've fully grown..

5 hours ago, jigggy2000 said:

You can still build standard wire inside tiles.

In the stream, yog just have a habit to build them 1 tile above the floor. I think he mention it earlier in previous.. previous.. previous stream

4 hours ago, heckubis said:

Not really sure what reset you are talking about, but few (experimental) patches back: "the liquids in pipes should now correctly change temperature"

4 hours ago, Vilda said:

Not really sure what reset you are talking about, but few (experimental) patches back: "the liquids in pipes should now correctly change temperature"

still have a few systems running in my base that directly refute that though. and I have been keeping up on updates and don't remember them mentioning it the last couple updates where crash related and has been a problem for ages. and I'm running bubbler systems all over the base with minimal gas pressure and have a net temperature loss of 0 still. I would love to be able to heat things up with phosphorous gas but cant steal the heat can only cool the gas. would love it if it was fixed would love it even more if its fix was mentioned some  where in the patch notes. but I looked at the last 4 updates no mention of it. went back and read them up till when I started playing(so up to pre thermal was here before thermal) no mention of it the closest thing in recent patches is fixing the liquid pumps so they draw from all 4 tiles. but other than that not even a mention

4 hours ago, Vilda said:

Can you link notes for that? I'd love to get a build that does that, but I really do not think it exists yet.

Incidentally, this really is the worst thing about TU-ONI IMO. It is a bug that causes counterintuitive behavior, gives free utility to those that exploit it, and gives heavy penalties to those that try to ignore it. Exploits that can be freely ignored, like the flooded electrolyzer bug, are a much lower priority.

35 minutes ago, Ciderblock said:

EE0172D2CF3838D053059AE3C64406390B8DB5AD

these would give me an indication of if the gas temp was changing they haven't(they are also the only true loop glitches i have set up) i have a couple hydrogen systems that are set up to re cool from a chamber that breaks the loop but are considered overly effective and don't break parts just take time to reach temp but they don't have to recool just continue to pump the cool air 

and i don't know why it quoted you

1 hour ago, heckubis said:

still have a few systems running in my base that directly refute that though.

1 hour ago, Ciderblock said:

Can you link notes for that? I'd love to get a build that does that, but I really do not think it exists yet.

I DID say Experimental. As in what will be the Early Access. I can see from screen heckubis is on Thermal and I suspect you (Cinderblock) are too.

1 hour ago, Vilda said:

I DID say Experimental. As in what will be the Early Access. I can see from screen heckubis is on Thermal and I suspect you (Cinderblock) are too.

I know. But can you find the notes for it? I haven't seen this even in the experimental branch notes, though I haven't checked that carefully.

Archived