Rhymes with Play - Oxygen Not Included Agricultural Upgrade Preview

Not much new stuff was showcased during the stream, but there were some:

• New natural gas generator takes in natural gas, producing energy, CO2 and polluted water.
  • Natural gas is not only produced by geyser, but can be made using fertilizer maker.
  • Wheezewort can be planted in flower vase.

1 hour ago, Vilda said:

@Ciderblock
8 days back, notes for EB-215633 : "
temperature should now simulate properly inside of pipes"

And this is what you get with the thermal_upgrade_preview on Steam? I didn't look into the experimental builds much because they seemed to be all small tweaks.

5 minutes ago, Ciderblock said:

And this is what you get with the thermal_upgrade_preview on Steam? I didn't look into the experimental builds much because they seemed to be all small tweaks.

The build he's talking about isn't available to the public yet, it's only available to a handful of testers. There's no way to access it through the betas tab on Steam, at the moment. As far as I'm aware, the "thermal_upgrade_preview" branch on Steam should be identical to the base branch right now.

We'll have access to those changes on the 18th, with Early Access launch. :)

3 hours ago, Risu said:

Somewhere you don't have access to. Not sure why this is being brought up here anyways.

He asked if it is fixed, I said yes. My word without a quoted source is apparently not enough.

88D211E65143FE7CFBB78BE231E605FEB877D14D4372C9BF9758936B13AD23057AEDF486BF6AEB51I asked a simple question about a major game mechanic flaw in the current build. to me its major as its literally half of the thermal interactions in  the game. we are progressing to  new build which is great but what about a major flaw that hasn't been addressed.

1 hour ago, Vilda said:

He asked if it is fixed, I said yes. My word without a quoted source is apparently not enough.

I don't believe "ANYONE"  without proof you quoted an update that has no matching number in the update logs and said something I KNOW to not be true so why should I take your word for it.

I love the game have spent almost 900 hours in the game. I know most of the ins and outs of the game understand the nature of a lot of the glitches and flaws of it these all make up the game I'm currently playing. but the temperature reset bug literally cuts off "usage" of heat. although whats in the pipe can effect the things in the game the things in the game have no revers effect on the stuff in the pipes.

the design of a radiator stuck into a cloud of hot Phosphorus should be able to heat the Hydrogen in the pipes to a point where we can pump it to an area of polluted water and boil it. this is currently impossible although we can do the exact opposite currently.

I'm sorry if my builds, ideas, tips and  questions go above your head but at least I'm honest with my viewpoint on it and try to explain what I mean

1 minute ago, heckubis said:

I don't believe "ANYONE"  without proof you quoted an update that has no matching number in the update logs and said something I KNOW to not be true so why should I take your word for it.

People in closed testing group are allowed to talk about upcoming features but can't let you play it. If you can't believe them, then it's perhaps better to not ask.

Just now, Kasuha said:

People in closed testing group are allowed to talk about upcoming features but can't let you play it. If you can't believe them, then it's perhaps better to not ask.

its not a matter of believing in this situation I was asking about the current build as it moves on to the next stage.

If Vilda is in the testing group for the next update then simply stating that the new build has fixed this game flaw. but no Vilda said it was fixed on a previous patch and implied I was wrong in the assumption that the thermal interactions I was talking about had already been a fixed issue.

I provided pictures of the opposite being true.

my original comment was asking for clarification as to if it was even being worked on. The Klei live streams are our only source of info from Klei as to what its working on and the patch logs.

12 minutes ago, heckubis said:

If Vilda is in the testing group for the next update then simply stating that the new build has fixed this game flaw.

I clearly stated experimental release. Two times. Can't fault me when you ignored it.

As far as I'm concerned  you had them add the (Experimental) part to your comments or I would have picked up on it. I'm sorry if you genuinely did and I miss read it. but this will probably be my second last post to the forums. you cant give a tip or ask questions without someone getting offended.

Can we all play nice and cut the pretentious egotistical crap out :) 

Without the insider knowledge of who is actually play testing the experimental branch, it must be said that its sometimes hard to identify those who are speaking from an informed position, as opposed to those who are just spouting unsubstantiated waffle balls.

Be kind to those out of the loop - like me :p

Archived