Do you really play (Don't Starve Together) with friends or alone

i play Don't Starve Together alone i want to know who are like me and who play with friends if most people play alone the next Don't Starve after Don't Starve Together  should be offline like the first Don't Starve what do you thank about the next game if there will be any should it be offline or online

I play both ways. I have a solo game that I play so that I can try out new things and make a base exactly the way I want it. I play a game hosted by a friend who is not a very serious player and we potter around there, getting on Skype and catching up with each other the whole time. I have my own dedicated server which is not passworded but is mostly just me and another serious player building a large bases and figuring out how to kill bosses with only two of us. And I sometimes play on public servers because I like the early game and that's the only way to meet other good players to invite to my server.

I mostly play alone, most of my friends also live in the US and that just kinda bled out over time I guess. I have some friends that join on me once in a while though, so it's al good. I like playing alone and figuring things out on my own. :p

(Wow. So many people play alone...)

I however play with others. Mainly because I enjoy the social interaction, and if I don't I get bored very quickly and end up whipping out the console for some good faffing about. Which I'm not saying is a bad thing mind you, it just makes me a dirty dirty cheater. XD

Also, dedicated or bust mofos. Just how it is. B)

47 minutes ago, Kittydub said:

I mostly play alone, most of my friends also live in the US and that just kinda bled out over time I guess. I have some friends that join on me once in a while though, so it's al good. I like playing alone and figuring things out on my own. :p

*Pats*

I hop on to publics ever now and then, but y'know how those can be. So I mainly play alone cause I got no one interested nor dedicated enough to play with. Those rarely willingly often don't agree with my ping (and no mine is fine, we're just distant), so it's pretty much just me and my thoughts as usual. Alas, tis how it is.

2 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

but is mostly just me and another serious player building a large bases and figuring out how to kill bosses with only two of us

did you ever kill a beequeen ? i mean it is still impossible even if both of you are Wolfgang with a full belly and you both have Log Suit and Tentacle Spike

19 minutes ago, yousif7733 said:

thank for replies but i also asked you about that if there is a game after Together do you want it to be multiplayer or singleplayer and no one answer me about that

If there is ever a Don't Starve sequel it should have both multi and single support imo.

1 hour ago, yousif7733 said:

thank for replies but i also asked you about that if there is a game after Together do you want it to be multiplayer or singleplayer and no one answer me about that

I always had the theory that if the characters get to escape the DST world the next game(Which I would be surprised if they made another one) would be on the world they belong to,maybe make it so the shadows escaped from the dst world as well.

So with that theory the game would be multiplayer.

We have yet to kill the bee queen although that's only because we haven't gotten around to making a tentacle trap. Also, Klaus gives us so many crowns there hasn't been much incentive. 

I think a lot of us would gladly play with more people if we could find compatible players available at the same time.

i do also like single player DS, so I don't really care what the next DLC is. Both would be cool, but I'd still probably end up playing alone a lot. Or a totally new game with exploration and adventure, because I cannot get into ONI.

I'm kinda surprised on just how many people play alone. Although I am one of those people myself. I'm just not too big on playing with random people on any kind of game. I used to be apart of a group that used to play on an almost daily basis but it eventually died out and I went back to playing by myself. Playing with other people was nice, but since the group died out I don't really have anyone to play with.

I used to join random servers every now and then, but I've stopped doing that now. Most of the time it ends up as me pretty much playing alone anyway. By the time I realize that I just drop all my stuff, leave then return to my own world.

7 hours ago, yousif7733 said:

next Don't Starve after Don't Starve Together  should be offline like the first Don't Starve what do you thank about the next game if there will be any should it be offline or online

I don't really think there's gonna be another DS game. Not really much point to it when new content can be added into the game easily enough. The only reason for a new DS would be to completely overhaul the entire game, or to just get a quick cash grab (something I doubt Klei would ever do). A new DLC seems more likely then an entirely new game.

looks like the most play the game alone for 90% and online for 10% the online seem to be pointless for me after i read your replies i came to think the online was a mistake it is bunch of people missing around and most pro player with experience play alone hope the the next DS game will be offline but support playing together over LAN only because you play with friends people you trust that will fix the trolling problem and you might have the old willow back any way i play alone and i use mod named Classic Giant's Health i set the beequeen health to 3000 and attack to 50  it was very good fight with beequeen yesterday but i won when you play DST alone you have to use that mod to make the mobs health and attack Reasonable

20 minutes ago, yousif7733 said:

looks like the most play the game alone for 90% and online for 10% the online seem to be pointless for me after i read your replies i came to think the online was a mistake it is bunch of people missing around and most pro player with experience play alone hope the the next DS game will be offline but support playing together over LAN only because you play with friends people you trust that will fix the trolling problem and you might have the old willow back any way i play alone and i use mod named Classic Giant's Health i set the beequeen health to 3000 and attack to 50  it was very good fight with beequeen yesterday but i won when you play DST alone you have to use that mod to make the mobs health and attack Reasonable

Well to be fair, the people you see here is not the entire community.

And you might want to think about breaking up what you write a bit more so you don't have a run-on sentence that's difficult to read.

3 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

And you might want to think about breaking up what you write a bit more so you don't have a run-on sentence that's difficult to read.

Agreed 
Most of us fancy playing alone because most of the commuity is close knitt and has played the orginal DS  As DST was ported with almost nothing changed from DS when it was in beta. So most of us myself included play alone because I'm used to it

3 hours ago, yousif7733 said:

I explained above but if you want more accurate poll I suggest you ask on steam as you wlll cast a wider net so and in turn most DST players.

12 hours ago, yousif7733 said:

next Don't Starve after Don't Starve Together  should be offline like the first Don't Starve what do you thank about the next game if there will be any should it be offline or online

Well in the opening screen of DST there is a blerb  that reads
"A sequel of sorts"
though if I wanted another game in the DS universe I would go with a prequel 
with a narrtive puzzle style game

CAUSE YOU GOTTA GET THAT LORE!

7 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

i want to make a few things clear 

1- English is not my mother language 

2- be more patient with me and i do not think it was that hard you are just complaining but that is just fine with me 

3- i gave you a like even you are not that very much nice or patient with me but i will take your advice and try to write less

4- i am nice to all people even who are not nice to me  

5 hours ago, yousif7733 said:

i want to make a few things clear 

1- English is not my mother language 

2- be more patient with me and i do not think i was that hard you are just complaining but that is just fine with me 

3- i gave you a like even you are not that very much nice or patient with me but i will take your advice and try to write less

4- i am nice to all people even who are not nice to me  

1. I wasn't aware of that. Try to think of it as just a friendly tip instead of such a harsh criticism because...

2/3/4. It was not my intent to be rude at all. I'm sorry if it came off that way. I'm hoping that when you called me an impatient and bad person that it was also unintentionally being rude. Because that kinda hurts when it comes from someone who you've only had a small interaction with. I literally only said two sentences to you, and none of them were intentionally meant to be rude (although I can see how it can be interpreted that way).

But anyway, let's just let this be water under the bridge. I really don't want to create drama, and again, I'm not trying to be rude.

Archived