Do you really play (Don't Starve Together) with friends or alone

1 hour ago, Sinister_Fang said:

1. I wasn't aware of that. Try to think of it as just a friendly tip instead of such a harsh criticism because...

2/3/4. It was not my intent to be rude at all. I'm sorry if it came off that way. I'm hoping that when you called me an impatient and bad person that it was also unintentionally being rude. Because that kinda hurts when it comes from someone who you've only had a small interaction with. I literally only said two sentences to you, and none of them were intentionally meant to be rude (although I can see how it can be interpreted that way).

But anyway, let's just let this be water under the bridge. I really don't want to create drama, and again, I'm not trying to be rude.

that is fine with me and i think i overreacted 

I always want to play with friends, I find it more fun but most of my friends aren't as into the game as me, so I usually play alone. Often the friends I play with are only playing the game because I am or I want to, so we often go random characters for fun (although it's usually my suggestion since I can never choose which character I want to play). 

Also apparently I'm not the best team player when playing with friends because I just want to explore and I had a situation once where we spent 5 in game days trying to track each other after I had wandered off. 

Here is a very quick illustration of how my servers with friends go (and usually end).

wait up.png

I play alone because I HAVE NO FRIENDS!!! but I do join the playable pets public server every once in awhile where I rage alot and spam all caps and people call me edgelord and always try to kill me and I generally just act like jerks!

40 minutes ago, ceruleankoi said:

I always want to play with friends, I find it more fun but most of my friends aren't as into the game as me, so I usually play alone.

Ugh, same deal here. At LAN parties I'm like, "Hey guys, let's play DST!"

"Nah..."

LAN parties are hella fun still.

i play both online and alone. but mostly alone.frist because most of my friends dont play this game. and second reason is my location, im in middle east and i have a huge amount of lag with the other hosted games, atleast 250 ping. and the dedicated servers are not really good, they just get reset after deerclops spawn. i saw some servers with 2000 days but the people on that server actually play alone with some my home mods which is weird .

1 hour ago, yousif7733 said:

before a make this topic i hated DTS a lot  but @Sinister_Fang and @Donke60 convince me that online playing is not that bad and the all the other repliers make me think it is fun to play with others so think you all for your replying 

Hi yousif, I may have missed it but what region did you say you were from again?

29 minutes ago, Asparagus said:

Hi yousif, I may have missed it but what region did you say you were from again?

why do you want to know ?

any way i am from Baghdad the capital of Iraq and i hate a lot my Connery it is the worst place to be born in my life sucks because i born in Iraq 

2 minutes ago, yousif7733 said:

why do you want to know ?

any way i am from Baghdad the capital of Iraq and i hate a lot my Connery it is the worst place to be born in my life sucks because i born in Iraq 

Awww :'C *pats* *hugs*

I wanted to know just to gauge your internet connection/speed... but now I have le feelz...  

On 3/14/2017 at 6:11 PM, yousif7733 said:

where are you from ?

Feelippines... the internet sucks and I always lag.. :T

Still if you can find some people here who are close enough to your region or have better internet connections, then I'm sure you'll have a great time :) 

8 hours ago, NeddoFreddo said:

"Nah..."

YEAH THAT'S BASICALLY HOW IT GOES

Actually I tried to get everyone I know to get the game So I'd have people to play with and now they just wanna play with each other :p

I don't really want to play with strangers though. Part of the fun for me is screaming at te dangers and freaking out when we are close to death together. 

3 hours ago, ceruleankoi said:

YEAH THAT'S BASICALLY HOW IT GOES

Actually I tried to get everyone I know to get the game So I'd have people to play with and now they just wanna play with each other :p

I don't really want to play with strangers though. Part of the fun for me is screaming at te dangers and freaking out when we are close to death together. 

Haha

When I play with people which is rare it goes either one of two ways

either I'm playing with my brothers and they are inexperinced and I pick the wrong character to carry and why they stay back I get killed by everything (it's hard being a wes main hehe)

or
by the time everyone like join our base cause I survived well and stuff. I'm like sure and walk over but everything is so well maintained that I have nothing to do and just sit there till a giant slips past me and walks into to base or we get to cocky taking on a raid boss and die horribly

22 hours ago, AniMike said:

I live the Nomad life on public servers and travel to different bases helping out in anyway I can. Never had a dst buddy, Im to mighty for friendship.

^This. I do this quite often too. And as a matter of fact by doing this is how I met Mike on a public server once.

I play exclusively with at least 1 friend. Typically one of two, rarely both at once. My other friends don't play DST anymore, which sucks.

I've considered joining public servers that aren't hosted by my friends or I, but I am wary of extremely bad (unwilling to learn) players and/or griefers. Had a few of those when we hosted a public one time.

I don't mind people new to the game if they'll at least listen. Those people usually turn out to make things far more enjoyable once they've learned the basics.

Overall, I'm not sure I'd have bothered with Don't Starve in general if it weren't multiplayer, so I consider it a good thing.

2 hours ago, Donke60 said:

Haha

When I play with people which is rare it goes either one of two ways

either I'm playing with my brothers and they are inexperinced and I pick the wrong character to carry and why they stay back I get killed by everything (it's hard being a wes main hehe)

I played with my brother and I had to revive him because he died literally 4 times to darkness :0 

11 hours ago, NeddoFreddo said:

"Nah..."

I stopped calling whatever it is I'm going to LAN because all we do is play board games. Not because we don't like computer games, but because it's one of our few chances to scream and laugh at each other over Dominion or Secret Hitler for four hours straight.

I play by myself usually, because if I host my own nobody ever joins because my ping shows up as "???" even though i've tried to fix it from threads i've seen. Other people's servers either have bad ping or bad people in it.

I usually never play a co-op game solo. Defeats the whole purpose/fun of the game.

Spoiler

Some fun random pic we captured during our world since the beginning of ANR (I am the Wicker).

35888A20A2DE15F34D790D3AF0DBDC0455A11660

16196319_1385762931454286_1146410366_o.j

16651194_1408552109175368_1094889859_o.j

16709245_1449386405085520_645049311_o.jp

^ We had not visited the rocky biome for 800+ days. One day, my WX decided to pay the tallbirds a visit....

On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 11:18 AM, Zeklo said:

I hop on to publics ever now and then, but y'know how those can be. So I mainly play alone cause I got no one interested nor dedicated enough to play with. Those rarely willingly often don't agree with my ping (and no mine is fine, we're just distant), so it's pretty much just me and my thoughts as usual. Alas, tis how it is.

This is exacly what happens to me haha

I play with my wife pretty regularly on the PS4, and we host public games. Both of us had played and enjoyed DS prior to DST being a thing.

The challenge of playing online is lots of people just dont know how to play well, and/or are bad teammates (eg trying to snatch rare loot from something you killed, logging off with rare resources).

On 14.3.2017 at 11:20 AM, Asparagus said:

Philippines... the internet sucks and I always lag.. :T

Still if you can find some people here who are close enough to your region or have better internet connections, then I'm sure you'll have a great time :) 

You are from Philippines? Interesting, I didn't knew that. ^____^

Here in Germany are quiet a bit of DST players, so I could play with others, but I mostly play alone....I really like Woody and I don't want to share my terrible secret with others...(I have hay fever).

That beeing said I play often with my wife....she likes Wigfrid....and seems to has a terrible secret on her own....

Archived