[Game Update] - Against the Grain Preview (BETA 204445)

5 hours ago, Zeklo said:

Intriguing to say the least.

Probably the reason antlion sound files had several samples for eating. I speculate that you could feed him to gain something. Perhaps, to put him to sleep to prevent/control sandstorms, sinkholes and cave-ins?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, JellyUltra said:

Is there any chance of there being a setting or something to smooth out that sinkhole texture? My girlfriend has severe trypophobia and if these are abundant then it might stop us being able to play together.

if it's bad someone can probably make a mod for it. i might, imo they look pretty ugly and that's without trypophobia, ha.

First I'm glad that i was right about the teleportation when they showed some of the art on stream. You know, makes me feel good about my self, so confident and ready to take out the rest of the world.

Second as great as the "the world around you is crumbling" sound, I'm just wondering how much times will that randomly screw up a base or sets.

As for another boss I'm all up for it, and even more interested in what the goodies from him are going to be. Also sand storm is a really good idea and finally will put some challenge on the Desert for all the goods it gave, mostly for free.

Can't w8 for Thursday. Also @V2C is this patch going to require regen, or it will be like the previous patches ?

Best Regards,

Glermz

Edited by Glhrmzz
  • Like 9

20 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

I wonder why it's called "Against the Grain." There isn't any grain in DS, despite all the farming. And I can't think of anything else in the game that could be described as having a grain, although of course wood does in real life.

I assume it's  Against the grain of sand as in sandstorm.

• Like 4

I'd be all for farming wheat or somesuch and then somehow making it into bread.  Crop variety for the win!  (Also, that'd go MEGA well with the challenge I'm currently playtesting.  Can I has a granary?  Pleaseplease?)

Trypophobia is a fear of like, irregularly-spaced and/or shaped holes.  Me, I've looked up images of it and I only get disturbed at the ones that show like, actual masses of festering holes in someone's FACE, or somesuch--and then, that's because of the body horror/fear of disease rather than the holes.  (In other words, it's not so much the holes themselves, as the _context_ of the holes, for me.)   But there are people who are freaked out by just the holes themselves, to the point where they can't look at a closeup of an orange or similar.

That said, I hope the cave-in thingies aren't too frequent, or, as said by Glhrmzz above, it'll mess up bases . (And give us more.  damn.  BATS that we can't get rid of!)  If there's some way to build a structure to cover it back up again when some inevitable idiot breaks one open waaaayyy too close to your camp, that'd help.

...Notorious

Edited by CaptainChaotica
  • Like 6

14 hours ago, V2C said:

Bug Fixes

• Ewecus and Varg now have a proper chance of spawning at the end of a hunt.

View full update

What does this mean exactly?

And good news the desert got more interesting... It definitely needed some love for the treasure they hold.

Will the "sitting emotes" have a positive sanity effect? I mean, meditating does calm you, doesn't it?

Edited by FreyaMaluk
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:
10 hours ago, V2C said:

Bug Fixes

• Ewecus and Varg now have a proper chance of spawning at the end of a hunt.

View full update

What does this mean exactly?

I have a world in which in 1.9k days we haven't had anything but koalaphants spawn at the end of hunting tracks. Hopefully that :)

• Like 1

Okay, I don't even _have_ trypophobia, and that picture is making ME wanna throw up.  (Because it's creepy MOVING holes on a human face.)

Can we have an informal ban on pictures that might actively make other forumgoers sick?  Please?  There really is such a thing as Once Seen, Cannot Be Unseen! and I'd rather not have _this_ place be yet another source for that.

Also anybody who actually DOES have trypophobia now cannot read this normally innoccuous/even important update thread without completely freaking out.  Even putting Destro on your ignore list doesn't work, because the picture's been quoted in someone else's post.  This is past funny-"evil" and into actually, for realsies, Not Cool.

...Notorious

Edited by CaptainChaotica
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

notorious xd

Honestly, I just laughed at the picture, but I get that others get unsettled about it.

They really should've put spoilers on that picture though.

Spoiler

also why do you put notorious after every post

• Like 3

10 hours ago, JellyUltra said:

Is there any chance of there being a setting or something to smooth out that sinkhole texture? My girlfriend has severe trypophobia and if these are abundant then it might stop us being able to play together.

I had a friend who bought DST to play with me, and he refunded it after five minutes of playing because "bees phobia" :|

Edited by mochilo
  • Like 1

Does sandstorm and antlions ever be present in desert? Sounds like a exclusive summer content.
Honestly I think summer needs more content (besides the heat and fires), there are any boss or seasonal mobs like all the other seasons...

• Like 1