Mafia The Worst Memorial Party Ever: Season 2

PhelsarusBeel

Wrapping up  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Ready to wrap things up and lock the thread?

"Oh dear! Dwer, you scared me. When did you come in? ... I take it you felt a bit useless watching the spider and decided to search for evidence too."

Suddenly, some idea must have hit Mobbstar. "Mezukie's body isn't a mess at all. Another professional killer, perhaps, but I guess the mafia didn't want to fight against an experienced, armed murderer... the alchemy lab!" And he shot out of the room and trampled upstrairs.

He wondered if the day seemed to last so long because barely anybody did anything other than interrogating the serial killer.

4 hours ago, Ysulyan said:

Ysulyan receives the question.
He takes a few seconds to reply.
He chirps and bounces in the air.

4 hours ago, Battal said:

(Since Ysul can't actually speak I'm just going to assume he's screaming insults and curse words at Mage for killing him.)

(He's either agreeing or disagreeing with me :p )

Dragon Ghost glanced at Ysul-Orb and felt sad. "If only I knew what you were saying" she said.

"It's fine, Waddle. We can understand."

Seeing them pant in exhaustion made Mobbstar realise how difficult it was for him to breathe. The stoves and distillers didn't seem like they had been used a lot recently, but the air was thick and heavy nevertheless. Hopefully Zek was doing alright.

As the dusk slowly sets the few people who explored the mansion return to the lounge as it was almost time for the lynchvotings.

As every slowly settles in you feel an eery atmosphere as if something unexpected was going to happen. A weird clacking sound could be heard but no one knew where it was comming from yet it drew closer and closer.

Suddenly the sound of smashed wood can be heard and everyone turns around to the door. There it stands a suit of armor observing the scene with interest. It peers through the ranks of survivors until its head finally single out one person. With incredible speed the armor makes its way towards its target and just shoves everyone aside who tries to stop it to no avail. As it reaches them it grabs them by the throat, lifts them up and starts to strangle them. The victim tries their hardest to free themself of the cold steeled grasp of the amor but unimaginable powers strenghten the armor and keeping the grip thight. After a few seconds the unequal fight ends with the victims body slowly stopping to move as the life saps out of it. After the armor made sure that they are not alive anymore it throws the lfieless body of @WaddleDee by sides and turns around towards the rest of the group.

Before it can move anymore though the voice of the Host is heard "Impressive truly impressive. I didn't expect the dead to have such a massive vendetta against the living that they would be able to haunt one of the suits of armor to carry it out. I guess this mansions magic can do much more then I ever imagined."

With those lasts words he suddenly appears out of a veil of shadows and slowly walks towards the armor. He looks neither angry or mad but rather shows regret.

"I don't want to do this but you leave me no choice. There are rules even I have to follow and they don't see you influencing the "game" in any way shape or form."

With those lasts words he quickly takes a step back. His fist suddenly is sorrounded by shadows and he snaps forward smashing the suit of armor into pieces.

After that he turns around with a worried look on his face yet it only stays there for a second until his usual smirk is back to where it belongs.

"Now that this is dealt with I guess from now on I have to keep a closer eye on everyone just to prevent the dead from doing anymore harm. I guess the good thing is that they ended someone who was rotten to the core. But enought talk about what just happened let's look forward to what lies ahead. A trial it seems as the Killer has been found. One side being the prosecution and maybe someone playing the rightfull attorney. It will be interesting I suppose."

He notices the still bound Cassia on the floor and snaps his finger. The ropes binding her vanish and allow her to move freely again.

"I feel like you shouldn't just lay there while others judge over you my dear. But be warned I may grant you freedom but if you try to attack anyone in here I'm not above to step in. You saw what I'm capable of."

With these words he makes his way towards the seat he always occupied and sits down.

Without a word he snaps again and a small bottle in a plastic bag ends up on the table.

"Let the trial beginn."

(To sum it up for the lazy. Ghost decided to take their revenge on @WaddleDee who's been a Mafioso all along. That's really it.

Also I allow everyone the extensive use of Pheonix Wright music now cause todays lynch will feel a lot more like an actual trial due to the subject at hand. So I'm starting obviously)

• Like 5

Chris stared at the smashed suit of armor and the lifeless body of his "friend" in disbelief. "I-I..."

Chris took a seat to process what had just happened. "Alright...Dee was mafia. We got that out of the way at least, thanks to the dead. *deep breath* Now since we got another mafia member down, are the rest of you satisfied, or do you wanna keep interrogating the serial killer for "clues"? Cause I've had enough reasoning with a serial killer for the day. My vote is for Lipton, just like yesterday."

Edited by Chris1488

Mobbstar, having been stared at by many of the present people, decided to step forth. "So our host now also hosts a proper courtyard, it seems. And you all expect me to play Cassia's lawyer?"

Mobbstar shook his head, confused mumbling going all throughout the room. "I made a promise. I told you, spider girl: Help us find the mafia in any way, and I will support you with all I may. Instead, you distracted everyone and let the mafia make a scene all day long!

I'm a man of standards, and I keep my word. As such, I will not defend you, the killer in question. Maybe tomorrow, if you improve your stance. And if you and I get to see dawn another time.

That does not mean that we can't have an ordered analysation of what is going on. Zeklo almost got killed by Cassia, still being severely injured. Mezukie, being the paramedic, saved his life in the last moment, but succumbed to toxin in the process. Yes, toxin. As you may have noticed, her body is not wounded. Here is the empty bottle we found in the alchemy laboratory."

Having said this, Mobbstar placed a transparent plastic bag on a nearby table, revealing a tiny jar with a skull label on it.

"My guess is that the mafia wanted to eliminate the serial killer, and could not risk a fight. They cleverly decided to inflict the target with vemon, without her realising. Alas, the target was the wrong one. If they had seen that Mezukie was the paramedic, they would perhaps have spared her, or alternatively finished Zeklo off alongside her.

Apparently, Waddle here was the clever mind behind this, effectively rendering this case useless to base votes on."

Mobbstar sighed. "I'm afraid the only alternative to lynching the defendant is to assume a mafioso based on voting behaviour and alike. You all know I despise purely speech-based evidence, but we must give @LiptonPee a chance to defend herself. Alone.

I will not vote just yet." With this, he stepped back.

Edited by Mobbstar
tenses, my only grammar-based bane
  • Like 5

Pyro was hit by the armor. He got up and realized he was in the lounge.

"Ok, so I am here. good to know."

He looked around and saw Waddle's Corpse.

"Well. Dang. I don't like seeing people die. Human, anthropomorphic, or not. Still sucks when one's life is taken, mafia or not. Plus, I doubt that Waddle was killed by ghosts. I think the host is intentionally killing people then blaming those who died here."

Pyro then thinks about who to vote for.

"Eh, I'll wait, anybody wanna help me bring Waddle's body down to the Coffin Room or just me? May as well do something while I wait for the lynch vote to go on." Pyro stared at Dwer. "After all, I got outed by people for voting too quickly."

Edited by Pyromailmann

*Blinks*

"a...are..."

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!"

*Slams fist into wall, growing even angrier when it phases through*

"HOW COULD THIS HAVE HAPPENED?  I DID EVERYTHING RIGHT!  I DECEIVED EVERYONE!  I...I..."

*Eyes fall*

"I...I won't ever get to eat ice cream again."

*Shoulders slump*

"Or...watch the sun go down...or smell a bouquet of roses..."

*Slowly sits down, pulling legs up to chest*

"...I won't get to see her again."

"Heh..."

*Takes a shaky breath*

"Just look at me. The big bad mafioso, moping around like a complete and utter joke. I told myself I wouldn't get attached to them, that I wouldn't have any regrets..."

*Tries to place hand against the floor, and watches as it simply phases through*

"but now..."

*Pulls back hand, then sighs*

"it seems regrets are all i've got left."

Edited by WaddleDee
Forgot the final quotation mark
  • Like 5

• Developer
14 minutes ago, WaddleDee said:

"Or...watch the sun go down...or smell a bouquet of roses..."

Spoiler

hqdefault.jpg

(Intended or not, I smelled a reference.)

"Oh, so the ghosts have much more freedom now... that's... interesting..."

"I would also like to refrain from voting for now. Lipton is a serial killer, and I'd like to get rid of the last mafioso istead, but we'll need evidence... else, in the end, my vote will have to go down to Lipton..."

Edited by ImDaMisterL

She rubbed down her fur, letting out a raspy, hitched, and shaky breath of air. Lipton walked up to Mobb and slapped her clawed hand down on his arm hard, letting out a low laugh. She squeezed him, staring into his eyes with an empty smile. "I'm not an idiot."

She turned to the others, letting him go. "I would never tell you who they are so early into the night." Walking up to Waddle's corpse, she kneeled down and examined it. "You would just lynch me and use the information in the long run to win. I don't do charity work." Soft, white fur caressed the purple and blue cheek of the dead lover and turned their head over and over as she got to look closer at Dee's final expression. "Take your votes back. Keep your votes off of my head, for the whole night. Promise you will, and I'll tell you everything."

Cassia let the head drop to the ground, and she stood up. "You should be able to trust a killer considering you're all killers yourselves. Lynchers."

"So you can all vote to end my life, and you'll be left alone with the other two killers, with nothing but a guessing game."

"We're wolves. We'll turn on each other for our own benefit. And you can all settle for killing one of them, but I think it would be more beneficial to kill two."

She looked back down.

defgtthrth.png

And back up.

defgtthrth2.png

"I have nothing to lose but a game."

• Like 10

Zek sighed. "Just a 'game' you say. Well in this case you've lost. Either you die today or you die tomorrow. So tell me. What reason do we have to believe that you'd help us eliminate the mafia? It does you no good. Some time? Well, you'd get that day if you betray us too."

He stepped up close to Cassia and tilted his fishbowl. "These wounds? You didn't just try to kill me. Oh no. This was more than just that. You tried to eat me as well. You did this because you enjoy it. I don't know about you, but if I knew I only had one more night to live I would try to enjoy it. One final supper perhaps, but then again if it was only my life on the line this would be a lot easier."

"Alas it's not. Letting you live endangers the lives of everyone present." He paused, "Of course that's why we're even considering this isn't it, because everyone includes the mafia as well. And speaking of which." He raised his hat. "You're the solo killer. Your knowledge is limited to instinct. A deal of this caliber is quite the gamble."

"We could kill a known killer today and lose one of our own tomorrow or assuming we take this deal and you stick to your word and you actually do know who the mafia. Then we lynch a mafia on your word, and then you finish off the last one in the night on your instinct." He took a step forward. "That's a whole lot of chance for the most ideal scenario. On the other hand. If we listen to you and you're either wrong or deceived us then we lose an innocent to a lynch. Then once more, if you're wrong or deceived us, then you could kill off an innocent and the mafia could kill off an innocent."

"We can kill off a killer and lose one of our own, or we can take a gamble for the jackpot at the chance for three innocent deaths." He backed up at sat back down. "So please do, explain why this is in our best interest to trust you."

• Like 4