Mafia The Worst Memorial Party Ever: Season 2

PhelsarusBeel

Wrapping up  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Ready to wrap things up and lock the thread?

Ladies and Gentleman

Welcome to the Second Season of the Klei Forums Mafiagame.

I'll be your lovely Host for this event. You all know me you all seen me do my stick in other threads and the original Mafia but now it's time for me to take the rein into my hands and try to deliver a lovely and compelling game to you.

For starters I like to make everyone known to the rules of the game again as well as the rules I decided will be nessesary to keep this game a tad more interesting

Rules

So first things first obviously the base idea of the game yet again

Mafia pits 2 teams of varying size against each other one being the Innocents and one being the name giving Mafia. Goal of the game is it to wipe out the other party to win the game. To do that there are a couple of ways. The Mafia is able to kill players of the innocent side while the innocent have the ability to lynch other players. The catch? No one knows who's who and paranoia will be a big part of the game.

As for this specific rework you guys know what I have changed so lets get to the meat of the rules shall we.

The game's set in phases each phase taking about an actual real day each (so phases will change every 24 hours but I try to announce new ones as well). A quick overview on the 4 phases of one full ingame day

Morning: RP phase. A simple phase really you guys get to RP as your character have a lil chat and probably talk about the happenings of the night.

Noon: Scavengingphase: The new phase allowing people to explore the mansion and collect clues about the killers that run rampart amongs them. Clues can have multiple forms from the obvious one like the murderweapon to simple stuff like hair.

Afternoon: RP and Lynchphase: Another RP phase where you can talk about the stuff you've been finding in the mansion over the day trying to pinpoint towards one killer or Mafiamember. After that everyone votes on who to lynch and if a person gets around 75% of all existing votes they will be lynched and killed of (but this game still goes on beyond death)

Night: A phase of silence where most of the roles abilitys come into play. Posting during night is forbidden unless I as the Host decide it's time for a midnight event. Otherwise all the stuff happening over night will be handled behind the scenes and in PMs (Do note that I only accept PMs on here to not get confused by all the messages so asking me on Skype/Steam/Discord is a no go and will be ignored).

Now for the rest of the rules trust me it's going to be a lot and I probably have to add a few more as the game goes on.

Mafia Rules: The general rules I apply to Mafia (not role related)

- I’m the boss when it comes to the collecting of clues. So unless I say so (in a PM mind you) whatever you find will not be considered a clue or a fake. If someone does try to just pull clues out of his a** it will result in a warning. If you persist on doing this I’ll throw you out no questions asked.

- Please properly announce where you’re going so I can make proper adjustments. Just saying “He went to room X” is enough just so I can make notes on that.

´- Rules of Killing: As I explained a while back killing will work a tad different than before. Everyone is mostly unarmed (the Bounty Hunter and Vigilante are the only ones armed) and weapons have to instead be gotten from the mansion itself. Not that this really matters as there are weapons all over the place.

There is a bunch of different ways to kill someone and each has their benefits for example a heavy weapon like a mace from a suit of armor will leave a mess of a corpse however for that your victim won’t struggle as much what leaves less personal evidence behind (like hair).

There are also some more creative ways to kill someone that may leave next to no evidence behind but you’ll have to figure those out yourself.

General RP Rules: The general gist of rules that are not directly Mafia related 

• -          Try to be at least semi active. I don’t expect playing here 24/7 but I do at least expect a bit of participation.
  • -          Small posting rules: To not create a mess of posts again I decided to go with the following. After each of your posts let at least 2 or 3 others post something. Exceptions are when there hasn’t been a new post for at least half an hour or 45 minutes then you’re free to post again. Additionally you’re allowed to post out of that order if you have a proper conversation with someone (just be sure to mention your dialogue partner in your post)
  • -          No targeting new players: Should we do have people that join in midgame (I don’t expect it) they will have a 1 day protection what means both the Mafia and the killer are not allowed to target them during that time. The only exception is the Lynchvotum if you get lynched you’re out again.
  • -          No reveal of roles: Again obvious but don’t just obviously state your role out loud. Although I guess Mafia and Killer will do the job for me then in removing the idiot that did just that.

And one last thing and I know it's silly that I have to bring it up but NO CHARACTER CONTROL OF SOMEONE ELSES CHARACTER. Unless it's ok by both sides I will heavily and I mean heavily punish character control

With that out of the way you can read up on a couple of the other changes over at the Infothread

Map

Map (Baselayout made by me and proper Map made by @Soto8969

Basefloor

20160910145317_1.thumb.jpg.4ec08630552f19a8496f69660a710943.jpg

First Floor

20160910144850_1.thumb.jpg.c0831724a2e3f4175734c850b3a802c0.jpg

Attic.png

Basement.png

And now for room descriptions.

Foyer: The entry room of the Mansion. Mostly filled with pictures of various kinds it’s also the gateway to the rest of the mansion. Some suits of armor are also located here completly armed

Dining room: A rather spacious dining room with a large table big enough to fit at least 2 dozen people. The walls have multiple shelfs filled with plates as well as other things needed for eating.

Bar room: A semi large room with a very well stocked bar that has multiple alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks to offer.

Lounge: A Rather large room filled with a few sofas, chairs and other ways to relax. Also includes a fire pit as well as multiple small tables.

Closet: A small closet filled with cleaning materials.

Kitchen: A very well stocked kitchen having a large fridge, a freezer as well as an oven. Also includes a handful of rather sharp chef knifes.

Bathroom: A rather luxurious bathroom with a shower, a hot tub and even a small sauna out of all things.

Bedrooms: Small bedrooms mostly for guests. Has a small table as well as a rather comfortable bed inside of it

Library: An extremely well stocked library filled with books covering a multitude of topics.

Laboratory: A small alchemy laboratory. Includes a lot of strange devices probably related to alchemy. The shelfs have a multitude of bottles containing various liquids (some may be lethal)

Attic: No one knows how to enter the attic but there must be a way into it. Strange noises can be heard from it.

Coffin room: A room filled with a multitude of coffins of various sizes. Seems unimportant for now.

Wine cellar: A rather big room filled with a multitude of wine bottles of varying ages. Seems like the owner has a fable for things like this.

Old Map for roomnames

Basefloor.png

First Floor.png

Playerlist and Status

@LiptonPee Serial Killer (Still Alive)

@Ysulyan Therapist (Dead)

@Dannyrulx Bounty Hunter (Diabetes)

@DragonMage156 Assassin (Dead)

@Chris1488

@Pyromailmann

@Zeklo

@Youknowwho Smuggler (Toasted)

@GiddyGuy Medium (Dead)

@MenaAthena Godmother (Dead)

@Mobbstar

@Soto8969 Detective (Dead)

@Mezukie Paramedic (Dead)

@Battal Bodyguard (Dead)

@DwerBomb

@ImDaMisterL

@WaddleDee Goon (Dead)

@T4T3RGR3NAD3R

@RyanandLink Dtective 2.0 (Dead)

Roles and their Effects

Innocent roles

Serial Killer: Allowed to kill one person each night. Unless detected and cured by the Therapist then a normal innocent

Therapist: Can ask me who's the serial killer once per nightphase. If they find it out they are allowed to cure them turning them into another innocent.

Bounty Hunter: Has a target under the guests. Similar to the Therapist they can ask me who's their target and eliminate them

Forensic: Able to do 3 actions per clue phase. Actions are checking if an item is a valid clue or a fake or gather further info on a clue.

Medium: Able to ask 1 ghost per night a question (doesn't come into play till night 2 thou). Questions can only be yes or no and you can't ask about a specific person (like say did X kill you)

Vigilante: Similar to Therapist and BH they search for a target in this case the Godfather/mother. Works the same os the others really

Detective: Can ask me about 1 persons role every night

Paramedic: Able to safe 1 person from getting killed each night. The more lifes they safe thou the more obvious it gets who's the medic making them prime targets for Killer and Mafia. They're also allowed to skip their turn meaning no one gets saved.

Bodyguard: Able to safe a single person once and basicly unmasking the killer. While a one time use he's able to either detect the assasin or the killer

Coroner: Can ask me about cause of death and other specific informations about any given corpse in the building.

Mafia roles:

Goon: Basic Mafia goon to fill their ranks. Can execute kills but is rather messy doing so.

Assassin: Mafia killer. Due to their professionalism they are able to kill people leaving next to no trace behind (other than maybe a murderweapon)

Smuggler: Has 1 action during the day. Can either hide a clue from the innocent (by moving it) or smuggle it onto another person to try and frame them. Note thou that he has to find the clue itself to move it or use it for framing.

Godfather/mother: Head of the Mafia. During the Mafias kill votums their choice weights in a lot more meaning all mafia members have to vote against them to change the target. Also the target of the vigilante

And now that this is out of the way I take a step back and let my intro roll and you guys now do your thing (note that this basicly starts you guys at the start of a day meaning you guys are at an RP phase right now)

It has been almost a year since the traumatizing events that took place in that old mansion. You tried to forget them but they still lurk in the back of your mind as if they happened just yesterday. You lost friends and made enemies but most importantly the events scared you.

One day you receive a letter with the following text

“Dear friend

As you may know the horrifying event we’ve been all part of have their first anniversary soon and some of us decided to remember the ones we lost with a little memorial celebration. If you want you can join us but I can’t expect everyone to come since most of us still want to forget what happened during these horrific days.

Should you however have an interest then I’m more than happy to hear that. If you want you can also bring in more people as a type of moral support.

The addresses as well as a map are on the other sheet send with this letter.

Signed a good friend”

At first you hesitate since you wonder why this “friend” doesn’t reveal his name but you give in and still decide to go as it might be a good way to see old friends and just remember the ones lost.

After a few days of travel you finally arrive at the address. As it turns out whoever this friend is has a fable for the dramatic as you look at a small valley with a rather large mansion in the middle of it. As you approach the mansion you notice a few more vehicles parked in front of it meaning you’re not the only one that followed the invitation.

As you enter you see a lot of familiar faces but also a few new ones. It seems like your friends brought some people of their own with them. As you have a casual chat with everyone you do notice how more and more people arrive.

After a while a voice can be heard from the Foyer calling everyone towards it. As you enter it you see an unfamiliar man standing in the middle of it. His face was mostly hidden behind a rather large beard while his hair was rather shortly cut and both where of brown color. He wore a dark red robe that covered his entire body. An interesting detail however where his eyes. Even thou mostly hidden behind glasses you do notice a faint light blue glow behind them what seems familiar yet you can’t remember from where.

As everyone gathers around the man he looks through your ranks and takes note of every face he sees before raising his voice. “I’m relieved to see how many did follow my invitation even if not everyone did. You all probably wonder who I am or why I called you here but these are question that will be answered to a later point for now I would love everyone to follow me”.

Before anyone could even ask he turns around and rushes through the corridor and towards the basement. Worried yet curious you all decide to follow him to the basement.

As you finally catch up to him again you start to look at the room you’re in and suddenly are alerted. The entire room was filled with coffins with glass lids. And inside of each and every one you see nothing but familiar faces. The friends lost during the events of last year all lined up and presented like some sort of freak show. However there was also the fact that all the bodies where in very good condition despite the ways each and everyone got killed. Some bodies even seem like they have been created from the ground up as their wounds left the body in unusable shape.

You turn around facing the man who’s been standing at the door and notice a very humorless grin on his face. His eyes where focused on the coffins and you follow his gaze only to notice how some of the bodies slowly seem to move. You turn back around only to notice that the man’s gone. You also start to notice a weird feeling in your head. Before you lose consciousness your last thoughts are that this all must have been a trap and you walked right into it.

As you regain consciousness you notice you’re back in the lounge again from earlier. You look around the room and notice all the other people as well as the now seemingly resurrected bodies of your old friends all around you. However not everything seems right as there’s also a dead body on the ground covered in blood. Before you can do anything a sudden blue flash gains the attention of everyone.

It was the man from before and yet not. More like a weird holographic projection floating over everyone’s head. The figure speaks and his voice fills you with fear as you hear the words he speaks.

“It took everyone quite a bit of time to regain consciousness it seems but now everyone should be awake enough to hear what I have to say. As you all notice some amongst your group where not who they seemed to be and used the time you all needed to wake up again to start their bloody work already. As you also noticed all your dead friends have been brought back to live. Well at least the ones whose spirits decided to return to our realm. See it as a little “gift” from my side for the moment. And some of you probably consider leaving but I should inform you of one last detail. If you look at your hands or other similar parts of your bodies you probably see the small runes branded into your skin. These prevent anyone from leaving this house until I feel like releasing everyone.”

Before he can continue he gets interrupted by someone “And what if we do it anyway?”

He turns towards the person and gives a humorless smile before he answers “I think it’s clear what happens if someone tries to leave. If not let me just say that if you at least want to be cremated after your death you won’t even get that wish fulfilled either.”

The figment turns back towards the group “There’s only one way for you to get out. Find the ones that are not who they seem to be deliver swift justice to them maybe then I show mercy and let you go.”

After these last words the figment vanishes leaving no traces behind.

mafia1.png

New Comic Pages

PYQP6EA.jpg

lgKh4rQ.jpg

Edited by Mr.P
Updated Playerstatus
  • Like 17

So...

This hadn't been part of the mission.

These people though... They were familiar. Different, but familiar enough for him to recognise them. And even if he hadn't recognised them, the chip would have piled up and reminded him he supposed.

"Hi everyone who got resurrected. I'm Corinth, Danny's new persona.  Apparently my previous... Iteration was the cause of this memorial?"

(Mr. P, if I might suggest, could you move the spoiler for the map out of the spoiler for the rules so we don't have open and scroll through them every time we look at the map? I mean, I understand if it's a hassle to move it now, but it would make it a tad less cumbersome imo.)

Mena seemed frozen for a moment after she awoke and stood up, taking in all that had happened and was happening. Slowly the hands at her sides clenched into fists, and her arms shook from rage. Suddenly, as if someone had flipped a switch, her roared and threw the small table nearly half way across the room. "HOW COULD WE ALL BE SO STUPID!? FALLING FOR THE EXACT SAME TRICK, AGAIN?!"

(And yes I just did a table flip. Come at me.)

Edited by MenaAthena
  • Like 3

Corinth piped up. "A letter from a 'friend,' leaving no name and no reason for the invitation or the link to you, inviting you to a suspiciously similar mansion on the anniversary of the incident and you weren't a teeny bit suspicious?" He shook his head. "I saw a bar earlier, so I'm going to see how much is behind the counter."

(Corinth leaving for the Barroom.)

Edited by Dannyrulx

Corinth gave a call out as he walked through the rooms. "Not much of a choice. You may have noticed that I'm Danny's persona, and as such don't have a say in stuff. I just got plopped in because he wants to play."

He looked at the selection of alcohol and drinks on offer, and stepped behind the bar, grabbing a shaker and a glass as he did so.

Edited by Dannyrulx

Mena shot a glare towards "Danny's new persona" and growled. His reply was not helpful in the slightest. 

She was still steaming when Mezukie spoke up, and she paled almost instantly. Her gaze met Mez's face, her expression one of someone who was seeing the ghost of someone they murdered violently, which was pretty much exactly what was going on.

(Oh, and thank you for the adjustment to the OP, P.)

Edited by MenaAthena
just thanking Mr. P
  • Like 1

Chilled glass, glazed cherry, strainer and all the ingredients he would need. He poured out the rye whisky, shortly followed by the sweet Vermont and a lemon bitter into a strainer, and then poured the mixture into the chilled glass along with ice. He stirred it well, then tipped the contents into a cocktail glass and dropped the cherry in, before making his way back to the group. 

((Corinth has returned))

Edited by Dannyrulx
Free cocktail to whoever guesses what I'm drinking without googling it.

"Yes. I killed her." Mena replied to Corinth, catching where he was going. "She was the Godmother, and I was the vigilante. It was my job to protect the innocent from those who were killing, and I did it. I had to." She spoke evenly, almost as if it was rehearsed. In truth, she had repeated these sentences quite a lot over the past year; partly to reporters and investigators, partly to herself. 

(Geez, maybe I need to pull up on the dramatics a little.

Nah.)

Edited by MenaAthena
vigilante, not vigilant, silly me