Banned at the speed of light!

Okay I don't know if this is a glitch or if people are being extra cautious or maybe just my bad connection, but I've joined, not one, but THREE servers that instantly banned me IN A ROW for no reason.

The first one I could sort of understand? I said "Hi" and disconnected right afterwards (because bad wifi) and then when I re-entered the server they banned me (perhaps they were being cautious?)

But the next two times were completely uncalled for. I was just instantly banned as soon as I entered the character select screen. It's been months since I've played, and I've kind of wanted to play again, but it's hard when no one wants to play with you. I'd host my own server, but I worry about my bad connection...

Has this happened to anyone else before?:wilson_cry:

I'm pretty sure if it said "banned" for the reason you disconnected then I guess you just had bad luck.

If you wanna try playing on a dedicated public server try strictly unprofessional, they have a lot of PvE and PvP servers, I've never been kicked from them so your chances of getting kicked or banned are pretty low.

14 hours ago, CappyCode said:

Okay I don't know if this is a glitch or if people are being extra cautious or maybe just my bad connection, but I've joined, not one, but THREE servers that instantly banned me IN A ROW for no reason.

The first one I could sort of understand? I said "Hi" and disconnected right afterwards (because bad wifi) and then when I re-entered the server they banned me (perhaps they were being cautious?)

But the next two times were completely uncalled for. I was just instantly banned as soon as I entered the character select screen. It's been months since I've played, and I've kind of wanted to play again, but it's hard when no one wants to play with you. I'd host my own server, but I worry about my bad connection...

Has this happened to anyone else before?:wilson_cry:

B1846752E2198811E433A8EFDB02632B60D404A8

666FE2C1B1E86BD1BB46E366DC9990D9CF635888

IF YOU HAVE EYES YOU WILL SEE THAT I'M STILL ON THE CHARACTER SELECT MENU

People are so f#@$#@$ STUPID! IF THEY DON'T WANT STRANGERS IN THEIR SERVERS

WHY

DON'T

THEY

PUT

PASSWORDS!!!

P.S I've gotten banned (from character screen and sometimes when I chose a character) at least 13 times!

Which is WHY I ALWAYS STAY ON MY SERVER CAUSE Potatocups DON'T KNOW HOW TO PUT PASSWORDS!

And because of that I can't enjoy the game, no one ever joins my server, joining a pub = ban, dedicated servers- Oh don't get me STARTED with dedicated server: no saplings, no grass, no flint, spider dens all over the place (Fruit WEBBER, HONESTLY!) , dead corpses all over the place, rot everywhere, don't deny this fact about dedicated servers! It has happened! IT HAS HAPPENED!!!

Aaaaah, finally got this out of my system...

29 minutes ago, mathem99 said:

B1846752E2198811E433A8EFDB02632B60D404A8

Because of that I can't enjoy the game, no one ever joins my server, joining a pub = ban, dedicated servers- Oh don't get me STARTED with dedicated server: no saplings, no grass, no flint, spider dens all over the place (F*** WEBBER, HONESTLY!) , dead corpses all over the place, rot everywhere, don't deny this fact about dedicated servers! It has happened! IT HAS HAPPENED!!!

Aaaaah, finally got this out of my system...

Oh, this happens pretty much all of the time on servers that aren't being cleaned up. And they shouldn't be; the world should clean up itself, but for whatever reason Klei hasn't implemented anything that actually cleans it up; like come on, at LEAST get rid of the rot problem! Skeletons all over the place are also very annoying, and the fact that they have a hit box can be subject to even bigger problems. I often run out of hammers to hammer skeletons when there's like at least one skeleton every screens length away. And spider nests... I made a suggestion in suggestions section; a topic called Charlie's Reign. You might wanna check that out :p

2 hours ago, mathem99 said:

They could make rot 'perish' after 1 day (dissapear)

Yeah, please, no.

Seriously, "rot problem?" "Damn, look at all this free fuel/fertilizer/booster shot mats lying around, not hurting anything. Just terrible." Just pick it up and light it if it bothers you so much. This one is just plain silly.

Now I just feel bad...

Spoiler

(Klei dedicated servers aren't in the beta as it seems so my usual haunts are inaccessible... so I'm glad to have found this server...)

20160820204621_1.jpg

*internal monologue*

Aww... I have to be of some use to them... I'll try my best... I just hope my lag doesn't cut my adventure too short...

20160820204844_1.jpg

I died 2 days later from spiders because I couldn't move... my internet sucks as it seems... they were nice people though...

And now I feel like a butt for putting this here... but... yeah... not all private servers are bad... or... I just get lucky? (regardless of they know about the forums or not <_<) 

But most of the time, if they see you have very high ping, they'll kick and/ban you because they think you'll be a drain, so to speak... happens to me too...

EDIT: (was gonna make a separate thank you post but since it's here...)

Thanks @Ninjanemo for letting me in your server... didn't know it was you when I joined so thanks <3

4 hours ago, mathem99 said:

They could make rot 'perish' after 1 day (dissapear)

Please no, rot is useful, for fuel or fertilize, early game especially

2 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

Wait, who's hurt by rot? I keep it as fertiliser and emergency fuel, for instance.

But to the thread's purpose: do you know the admins of those servers?

2 hours ago, TheHalcyonOne said:

Yeah, please, no.

Seriously, "rot problem?" "Damn, look at all this free fuel/fertilizer/booster shot mats lying around, not hurting anything. Just terrible." Just pick it up and light it if it bothers you so much. This one is just plain silly.

Maybe in long term server there is so much rot that the game is laggy or slow ?

45 minutes ago, Asparagus said:

Now I just feel bad...

Reveal hidden contents

(Klei dedicated servers aren't in the beta as it seems so my usual haunts are inaccessible... so I'm glad to have found this server...)

20160820204621_1.jpg

*internal monologue*

Aww... I have to be of some use to them... I'll try my best... I just hope my lag doesn't cut my adventure too short...

20160820204844_1.jpg

I died 2 days later from spiders because I couldn't move... my internet sucks as it seems... they were nice people though...

And now I feel like a butt for putting this here... but... yeah... not all private servers are bad... or... I just get lucky? (regardless of they know about the forums or not <_<) 

But most of the time, if they see you have very high ping, they'll kick and/ban you because they think you'll be a drain, so to speak... happens to me too...

EDIT: (was gonna make a separate thank you post but since it's here...)

Thanks @Ninjanemo for letting me in your server... didn't know it was you when I joined so thanks <3

It was a pleasure to have you playing on the server ^__^

But I really don't see bad connection as a liability though... I have hosted a lot of these servers titled "Feel free to join this world", and I've met so many awesome people through it (And expanded my friends list a lot).  But I have never banned someone because of bad connection. I guess that what I'm saying is; some of us still play so they can meet people and just have a nice time :)

So if one of you guys you ever see one of my servers on the server list, please feel free to join! And don't worry, I won't instaban you ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I find that the Klei dedicated servers are always a safe option, if not the best option when you have no other. I've never had any of the aforementioned problems on any of their servers, but maybe I've just been lucky. Try playing on them instead of personally hosted servers and I can almost guarantee that at least a few of the problems will be solved. 

14 hours ago, Chris1488 said:

People are just idiots who don't know how to password their servers if they don't want anyone joining. You just had bad luck. Try playing on a dedicated server, at least there there's no idiot admin who'll kick you for literally no reason.

And then there's the mega idiots who don't know how to ban either. I once joined a server with 2 people on it. For whatever reason, my presence on the server irritated the admin even though I wasn't even near them. After a while, he apologized to his friend and just shut the whole server down literally just to spite me. I checked a few times, and they didn't open it back up or create a new server. GG dude. GG. 

24 minutes ago, BluesyBuesy said:

And then there's the mega idiots who don't know how to ban either. I once joined a server with 2 people on it. For whatever reason, my presence on the server irritated the admin even though I wasn't even near them. After a while, he apologized to his friend and just shut the whole server down literally just to spite me. I checked a few times, and they didn't open it back up or create a new server. GG dude. GG. 

I remember once I tried to bad someone for trash-talking and even though I clicked the ban button, nothing happened, so I shut down the whole server (not that I would care to do that today, but just something that happened to me once like 2 years ago).

34 minutes ago, TheHalcyonOne said:

Is there anything in this game you don't have a problem with?

The game itself? What, am I supposed to list down things that I don't have a problem with too? Are we supposed to discuss what we like about the game? Perhaps sometimes for some quite specific reasons, but usually problems are the thing that need to be talked about the most on forums like this, because otherwise things will get left hanging and everyone's just ignoring it, even though it's a problem.

16 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

usually problems are the thing that need to be talked about the most on forums like this, because otherwise things will get left hanging and everyone's just ignoring it, even though it's a problem.

I think you need to consider that when to top off your neverending list of petty complaints you think rot is a problem and "exploitable" that the real problem in your game experience doesn't lie in the game.

8 minutes ago, TheHalcyonOne said:

(1) I think you need to consider that when to top off your neverending list of petty complaints (2) you think rot is a problem and "exploitable" (3) that the real problem in your game experience doesn't lie in the game.

1) Oh, just because it's long? Then no -.-

2) Yyyup... consider how much in a few dozen days can form up in the world and how much fuel/booster shots/fertiliser you can get from that. I've been taking journeys on some servers that aren't too old many times and found pieces of rot one after another, until beyond a stack, after which I just give up picking them up. Although even just a stack is quite much; fuel for 4 days/enough for 5 booster shots/enough to fertilise 5 or more farms to full

3) What? Are you saying that the problem in my game experience is me?

4 hours ago, Lumina said:

Please no, rot is useful, for fuel or fertilize, early game especially

Maybe in long term server there is so much rot that the game is laggy or slow ?

I run long-term servers and there is no such problem. People can make rot from food or petals. Since anyone smart leaves food in fridges/chests/backpacks, I have never had issues with rot overload. If it really gets out of hand (nigh-impossible), the admin can burn it or delete it. I have seen pigs eating it as well.

4 hours ago, Ninjanemo said:

It was a pleasure to have you playing on the server ^__^

But I really don't see bad connection as a liability though... I have hosted a lot of these servers titled "Feel free to join this world", and I've met so many awesome people through it (And expanded my friends list a lot).  But I have never banned someone because of bad connection. I guess that what I'm saying is; some of us still play so they can meet people and just have a nice time :)

So if one of you guys you ever see one of my servers on the server list, please feel free to join! And don't worry, I won't instaban you ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

And that's an example of best practices! On my side, I get people from all around the world. But I would never agree to connection-based discriminating. People see whether they are having issues on their own. It does not mean they are a liability.

4 hours ago, TheHalcyonOne said:

Rot is one of the small handful of items that self-stacks on the ground, so there'd have to be some serious potatoes involved.

Exactly. And no pigs/spiders around.

45 minutes ago, BluesyBuesy said:

I have a similar story to this one. I joined a server where the admin (Who I think was a kid who just recently bought the game. They were playing as Webber and asking how he worked.) wanted everyone to stick close to him. Exploring on your was forbidden (Not really.) and if you were to do that, the admin would just wish bad luck upon you (He didn't know how to kick. This is important for later). I decided to be a rebel and not babysit him, since his attitude had started getting on my nerves. A Willow had decided to be kind enough to teach him how to play. He continually died to the pig men and started typing in a frustrated manner. The Willow had to keep reviving him and when she died getting Spider Glands for him, another player on the server had decided to taunt him repeatedly for his mishaps. The admin kept threatening to kick him as the player kept on ramping up the intensity of his insults. When the player finally managed to push all of the admin's buttons, the admin just stated, "I hate you all." and closed the server.

It mildly amused me.

26 minutes ago, TheKingDedede said:

I have a similar story to this one. I joined a server where the admin (Who I think was a kid who just recently bought the game. They were playing as Webber and asking how he worked.) wanted everyone to stick close to him. Exploring on your was forbidden (Not really.) and if you were to do that, the admin would just wish bad luck upon you (He didn't know how to kick. This is important for later). I decided to be a rebel and not babysit him, since his attitude had started getting on my nerves. A Willow had decided to be kind enough to teach him how to play. He continually died to the pig men and started typing in a frustrated manner. The Willow had to keep reviving him and when she died getting Spider Glands for him, another player on the server had decided to taunt him repeatedly for his mishaps. The admin kept threatening to kick him as the player kept on ramping up the intensity of his insults. When the player finally managed to push all of the admin's buttons, the admin just stated, "I hate you all." and closed the server.

It mildly amused me.

Oh dear... Sad, that. I mean, it's pretty straightforward to find a beginning guide for each character, even on the wiki, and at any rate, such behaviour is not good.

Banned instantly on join? Well, that's still okayish, because it's not like you knew people there or anything.

I got banned from multiple groups/communities/servers, and that's just great. Sometimes banned by an incredibly over-sensitive moderator/admin, sometimes because I did something stupid by accident and got banned 'for griefing'.

And I'm not the kind of guy who's gonna beg on his knees to 'unban' him.

I'm honestly starting to hate the game because of this community right now. 

Oh, also the best are 'polish' servers (I'm polish, lol) that ban you, because you have an english nickname. No time to even explain anything. *Puff* - enjoy your ban, hahaha... eh. I'm tired of all this ********. I guess it's time to move on.

Archived