Banned at the speed of light!

19 minutes ago, PanAzej said:

Oh, also the best are 'polish' servers (I'm polish, lol) that ban you, because you have an english nickname. No time to even explain anything. *Puff* - enjoy your ban, hahaha... eh. I'm tired of all this ********. I guess it's time to move on.

I'm not even trying to join those 'polish',servers, usually full of crap-like mods and Undertale characters, not to mention the mental level of players there. It's kinda sad how we avoid our 'national' servers, but it's the only way to stay sane.

To the topic? Yeah, happened to me several times aswell. Not that much tho, mostly because I'm avoiding player-hosted servers unless it's friend-made.

1 hour ago, PanAzej said:

Banned instantly on join? Well, that's still okayish, because it's not like you knew people there or anything.

I got banned from multiple groups/communities/servers, and that's just great. Sometimes banned by an incredibly over-sensitive moderator/admin, sometimes because I did something stupid by accident and got banned 'for griefing'.

And I'm not the kind of guy who's gonna beg on his knees to 'unban' him.

I'm honestly starting to hate the game because of this community right now. 

Oh, also the best are 'polish' servers (I'm polish, lol) that ban you, because you have an english nickname. No time to even explain anything. *Puff* - enjoy your ban, hahaha... eh. I'm tired of all this ********. I guess it's time to move on.

Because of your nickname?

I'm sobbing in frustration.

1 hour ago, Maslak said:

I'm not even trying to join those 'polish',servers, usually full of crap-like mods and Undertale characters, not to mention the mental level of players there. It's kinda sad how we avoid our 'national' servers, but it's the only way to stay sane.

To the topic? Yeah, happened to me several times aswell. Not that much tho, mostly because I'm avoiding player-hosted servers unless it's friend-made.

Honestly, how some people use their banning privileges is deeply upsetting.

I just wanna throw this back in a sense because of... Youknow what. So here it goes:

Well, if you keep getting banned, no big deal, just go make your own server! There's plenty of options to choose from and this doesn't even happen so often, so it isn't a problem! Just deal with it and move on. Plus, it's their server.

/\ I do not think that. And I don't wanna be a ******, (it boggles me that this word is censored) but some might be familiar with this due to a particular point I made about something more or less similar. It's funny how people find this a problem, but not the other thing. You know what I'm talking about. And no, I don't wanna bring the whole topic over to this one (like at this point I'd be flooding forums trying to reason against private property), so, I just want those who see insta-bans as a problem but not the property as one to reeealy think about it. And with that, I digress about it from here.

It felt a little better to vent this off my chest and read experiences (good, and bad), from others. Thanks for sharing with me! :) 

On 8/19/2016 at 11:15 PM, Chris1488 said:

People are just idiots who don't know how to password their servers if they don't want anyone joining. You just had bad luck. Try playing on a dedicated server, at least there there's no idiot admin who'll kick you for literally no reason.

Yeah, it doesn't make sense to me either. When I play with friends we always use passwords, but when none of them want to play with me I just join a random server (usually dedicated) and meet new people. If that's the case, I wish others could do the same. It's plenty fun when everyone plays nice. This was just... a very odd experience.

14 hours ago, Nickster206 said:

I find that the Klei dedicated servers are always a safe option, if not the best option when you have no other. I've never had any of the aforementioned problems on any of their servers, but maybe I've just been lucky. Try playing on them instead of personally hosted servers and I can almost guarantee that at least a few of the problems will be solved. 

This is what I usually do (the Klei ones always feel the safest to me when I'm alone), but the ping in the Klei servers have been obnoxiously high lately! Maybe it's just my bad connection........ Also I was playing beta (I personally think they should try to get at least one dedicated server in beta eventually!). After the two bans in beta I gave up and went to standard DST... and got banned again. :/

7 hours ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Well, if you keep getting banned, no big deal, just go make your own server! There's plenty of options to choose from and this doesn't even happen so often, so it isn't a problem! Just deal with it and move on. Plus, it's their server.

Yeah I guess I'll have to just keep trying. After getting frustrated, I did start my own server, but I got bored after several days of no one joining. I know I probably should have waited some more, but I was really in the mood to play with others. The whole experience was a little disheartening.

Regardless, I'll probably try again some time. Maybe I won't have such bad luck.

4 hours ago, CappyCode said:

It felt a little better to vent this off my chest and read experiences (good, and bad), from others. Thanks for sharing with me! :) 

Yeah, it doesn't make sense to me either. When I play with friends we always use passwords, but when none of them want to play with me I just join a random server (usually dedicated) and meet new people. If that's the case, I wish others could do the same. It's plenty fun when everyone plays nice. This was just... a very odd experience.

This is what I usually do (the Klei ones always feel the safest to me when I'm alone), but the ping in the Klei servers have been obnoxiously high lately! Maybe it's just my bad connection........ Also I was playing beta (I personally think they should try to get at least one dedicated server in beta eventually!). After the two bans in beta I gave up and went to standard DST... and got banned again. :/

Yeah I guess I'll have to just keep trying. After getting frustrated, I did start my own server, but I got bored after several days of no one joining. I know I probably should have waited some more, but I was really in the mood to play with others. The whole experience was a little disheartening.

Regardless, I'll probably try again some time. Maybe I won't have such bad luck.

If you want to play the beta branch, let me know through a PM how to find you on Steam. Two servers on beta are scheduled to go live when enough interested people have been recruited.

6 hours ago, CappyCode said:

Oh, emmm... If you re-read my post, you'll notice that thepoint you're responding to wasn't my opinion. It isn't your fault. It's their fault for not making their servers private. Then again, I don't wanna come out as somebody who nitpicks things he hates, but I've gotta say that the UI within the game makes things very obscure and you would have to look out for things if you wanna, like find out how to enable mods or caves or PvP or include a password and whatnot. Basically, the UI looks as if it's a bunch of code written down and nobody new bothers to look around it. And I think Klei could really improve that to prevent people for a large part creating problems and misunderstandings. Like, it seems players usually just look at what is popped in their faces, but if it's somewhere on the side, looking like it's stored away somewhere in the corner, who would bother to check it unless they knew the game well?

1 hour ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

I don't wanna come out as somebody who nitpicks things he hates, but I've gotta say that the UI within the game makes things very obscure and you would have to look out for things if you wanna, like find out how to enable mods or caves or PvP or include a password and whatnot. Basically, the UI looks as if it's a bunch of code written down and nobody new bothers to look around it. And I think Klei could really improve that to prevent people for a large part creating problems and misunderstandings. Like, it seems players usually just look at what is popped in their faces, but if it's somewhere on the side, looking like it's stored away somewhere in the corner, who would bother to check it unless they knew the game well?

Um, I don't want to interject, but here's how the menu looks like for me on 1366x768:

JMVJXus.jpg

They don't even need to scroll down to see PUBLIC/FRIENDS ONLY/LOCAL ONLY/STEAM GROUP and the option to have a password... Let me say it's even more shoved-in-my-face on Pigman with fullHD ;).

3 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

Um, I don't want to interject, but here's how the menu looks like for me on 1366x768:

JMVJXus.jpg

They don't even need to scroll down to see PUBLIC/FRIENDS ONLY/LOCAL ONLY/STEAM GROUP and the option to have a password... Let me say it's even more shoved-in-my-face on Pigman with fullHD ;).

Hmm, I think you misunderstood; my point is whether it's either:

1) Flashy; you look at the overall thing and you're like "wow, what's this?!" so you look at it and read it all, detail by detail and are like "agh, got it!" and adjust stuff according to what you want the server to have/be.

or

2) Quick glance, looks boring (a lot like your tax paper) and frankly you don't care, so you just click "Generate World" which stands out the most out of everything.

I would certainly say the UI is much more like No.2 and hence the problem is created. Hmm... perhaps I could make an attempt at designing a new UI so that it fits more the No.1 description. And it's just an attempt to demonstrate what I mean to Klei and everybody else. Btw, I should mention that if you actually notice the World option button (yeah, I at first didn't notice it there myself either when looking for it), everything has pictures attached to them; now THAT is a step in the right direction of designing a much better UI, I'd say, because things have colorful images with text telling you what what is when you put your cursor on it. But the UI for pretty much everything else is nowhere near of this standard. I know the game is meant to be doom and gloom in its design, but if the World Options can be made to look appealing, then why couldn't the rest of the UI? For things like server selection menu and your hosted server menu that is.

11 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Hmm, I think you misunderstood; my point is whether it's either:

1) Flashy; you look at the overall thing and you're like "wow, what's this?!" so you look at it and read it all, detail by detail and are like "agh, got it!" and adjust stuff according to what you want the server to have/be.

or

2) Quick glance, looks boring (a lot like your tax paper) and frankly you don't care, so you just click "Generate World" which stands out the most out of everything.

I would certainly say the UI is much more like No.2 and hence the problem is created. Hmm... perhaps I could make an attempt at designing a new UI so that it fits more the No.1 description. And it's just an attempt to demonstrate what I mean to Klei and everybody else. Btw, I should mention that if you actually notice the World option button (yeah, I at first didn't notice it there myself either when looking for it), everything has pictures attached to them; now THAT is a step in the right direction of designing a much better UI, I'd say, because things have colorful images with text telling you what what is when you put your cursor on it. But the UI for pretty much everything else is nowhere near of this standard. I know the game is meant to be doom and gloom in its design, but if the World Options can be made to look appealing, then why couldn't the rest of the UI? For things like server selection menu and your hosted server menu that is.

I must have misunderstood your point. For me, it's Number Three: everything is in big labels I just have to read. Too many pictures, on the other hand, distract me. Sometimes even to the point of mild annoyance. But I'm just me.

25 minutes ago, SuperPsiPower said:

*Sees topic title* Surrender now or prepare to get griefed! 

Hide contents

I'm sorry I needed to make that joke..hue

Willow!

Wes!

Team Jerkwad burn your base at the speed of light,

surrender now or prepare to whine!

I'm like a postman with the wrong adress, I like to take things too far.

I've gotta say that the UI within the game makes things very obscure and you would have to look out for things if you wanna, like find out how to enable mods or caves or PvP or include a password and whatnot. Basically, the UI looks as if it's a bunch of code written down and nobody new bothers to look around it.

Who'd ever think to click that tab labeled "Mods", or click the arrow next to "PvP: Off" to see what other options there are, or try to type something in that box labeled "Password"?

Just. I can't

1 hour ago, TheHalcyonOne said:

Who'd ever think to click that tab labeled "Mods", or click the arrow next to "PvP: Off" to see what other options there are, or try to type something in that box labeled "Password"?

Just. I can't

The same way somebody would rather watch a flashy youtube video than reading an article about the same thing. Making things appealing is important to attract somebody to be interested into it.

10 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

The same way somebody would rather watch a flashy youtube video than reading an article about the same thing. Making things appealing is important to attract somebody to be interested into it.

Not that it detracts from your point, but I would like to add:

If someone can't be bothered to read, let's see... one, two... twenty-six easily understood words and a single number before starting a server, then they probably should not be running a server in the first place. School might be a better place to start.

I'd argue that the "generate World" should rather be on it's own tab or beneath all the Server Settings in a way that it needs to be scrolled to see it. Because if you can't figure that out, then that's just plain sad.

8 minutes ago, AlternateMew said:

Not that it detracts from your point, but I would like to add:

If someone can't be bothered to read, let's see... one, two... twenty-six easily understood words and a single number before starting a server, then they probably should not be running a server in the first place. School might be a better place to start.

I'd argue that the "generate World" should rather be on it's own tab or beneath all the Server Settings in a way that it needs to be scrolled to see it. Because if you can't figure that out, then that's just plain sad.

Well, we can't simply change it from their perspective, if it's people who are a bit too stupid/careless to notice. But what we can do is make it more appealing and flashy so that they notice it with little to no thinking about it. It seems that the UI design will take a while. I might take the whole of tomorrow to make a somewhat decent-looking design of it, using Arlesienne's image so I can present it here as a suggestion.

1 hour ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

1. That's not universally true.

2. They're settings. They're laid out like they are in every other game ever.

3. Your original statement is that they're obscure, which was demonstrably BS. Once that was demonstrated you just moved the goalposts to "not flashy enough" so you didn't look stupid.

They're not declining to input a password because the layout isn't visually interesting enough. Not unless they're like, 7. They're options, settings. They're not supposed to be a freaking roller coaster ride.

On 8/20/2016 at 4:46 AM, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Oh, this happens pretty much all of the time on servers that aren't being cleaned up. And they shouldn't be; the world should clean up itself, but for whatever reason Klei hasn't implemented anything that actually cleans it up; like come on, at LEAST get rid of the rot problem!

There is no problem and it's not Klei's responsibility to fix everything that you think is problematic. It's not an exploit either, the game hands it to you too. It's free but by the time you actually get some, It's been heavily outclassed. The only reason why there's so much rot left on the ground in the first place is because people don't pick up seeds that birds leave behind on servers that have like 20 people in the starting season.

On to something more On-Topic; 

Flashy; you look at the overall thing and you're like "wow, what's this?!" so you look at it and read it all, detail by detail and are like "agh, got it!" and adjust stuff according to what you want the server to have/be.

Quick glance, looks boring (a lot like your tax paper) and frankly you don't care, so you just click "Generate World" which stands out the most out of everything.

It's simple and straightforward, I don't think adjustments to the UI is necessary, I just assume people who Kick/ban people that join are people who forget to add passwords or simply don't want people joining with bad Ping.

12 hours ago, TheHalcyonOne said:

1. That's not universally true.

2. They're settings. They're laid out like they are in every other game ever.

3. Your original statement is that they're obscure, which was demonstrably BS. Once that was demonstrated you just moved the goalposts to "not flashy enough" so you didn't look stupid.

They're not declining to input a password because the layout isn't visually interesting enough. Not unless they're like, 7. They're options, settings. They're not supposed to be a freaking roller coaster ride.

1) The statement itself perhaps not, but the point is universal to all human beings; we usually pay more attention to things that have "more colour" to them. Why do you think so many ads are made, trying to look colourful and in-your-face like? To attract audience.

2) I honestly cannot recall any other game that has settings layed out so all-over-the-place like in DST. Yeah, sure they're not really spread out to random places, but they sure look like so. Could you give me some setting examples of other games so I can see their UI styling and layout?

3) No. My statement was that to many people they can be obscure BECAUSE it's not flashy enough. And thanks for trying to roast me. Anything else you want to throw at me to make an attempt at mentally scarring me?

And yeah, they're settings, who would care? But the thing is that people might not want to bother, looking 10 minutes around settings, options and basically everywhere in the game to find that one setting to change. Like it sort of happened with me trying to find out how to enable server mods in a place I can enable/disable them. I had to look up online how to enable them and even ask HERE on the forums because the UI was so weirdly laid out in comparison to single player. Look. I am just trying to improve this game. Taking UI and all of that into mind is also quite important when making a game, so regardless, why are you against creating a "more appealing" UI? Just because I'm for it?

9 hours ago, SuperPsiPower said:

There is no problem and it's not Klei's responsibility to fix everything that you think is problematic. It's not an exploit either, the game hands it to you too. It's free but by the time you actually get some, It's been heavily outclassed. The only reason why there's so much rot left on the ground in the first place is because people don't pick up seeds that birds leave behind on servers that have like 20 people in the starting season.

On to something more On-Topic; 

It's simple and straightforward, I don't think adjustments to the UI is necessary, I just assume people who Kick/ban people that join are people who forget to add passwords or simply don't want people joining with bad Ping.

1) Yeah; people aren't going to pick up every single seed every single bird drops. It's an overlook that needs addressing. Having a bunch of rot in the world means there's a bunch of instances and for those who already have problems with ping, this can just make things worse. Besides, it's just goddamn annoying and clearly unintended.

2) Yeah, I forget to change things too and you know why? The UI doesn't pop it in my face so that I would remember about it and then I have to shut down server, delete it and do everything over and over again until everything I want the server to have is changed accordingly.

On 8/20/2016 at 3:46 AM, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Oh, this happens pretty much all of the time on servers that aren't being cleaned up. And they shouldn't be; the world should clean up itself, but for whatever reason Klei hasn't implemented anything that actually cleans it up; like come on, at LEAST get rid of the rot problem! Skeletons all over the place are also very annoying, and the fact that they have a hit box can be subject to even bigger problems. I often run out of hammers to hammer skeletons when there's like at least one skeleton every screens length away. And spider nests... I made a suggestion in suggestions section; a topic called Charlie's Reign. You might wanna check that out :p

I'm sorry but this is not true at all from a Rank 1 perspective, maybe for your 20-10 ranks. With smart players and Saboteur 3 + Toolbox (Hacksaw + Wire Spool or Wire Spool + Scraps) you can easily and I mean EASILY take down 3 hooks in the time you can do 1 generator and I do it almost every game I play. It makes a huge difference making a safety pocket where if the killer comes he has to drag you FAR giving struggle a reason. After I do those 3 hook I move to a generator near me and will pop it or 99% if its next to door (Do not 99% Trappers). If you have just 1 other person do the same thing that's 6 hooks down in under 2 minutes. That killer is essentially ****** unless he has iron grasp 3, and is why they didn't nurf it last patch. So all you people saying saboteur is **** or selfish have not played enough of the game or just get bad team mates who don't go for saves anyway.  

16 minutes ago, FappyGilmore said:

I'm sorry but this is not true at all from a Rank 1 perspective, maybe for your 20-10 ranks. With smart players and Saboteur 3 + Toolbox (Hacksaw + Wire Spool or Wire Spool + Scraps) you can easily and I mean EASILY take down 3 hooks in the time you can do 1 generator and I do it almost every game I play. It makes a huge difference making a safety pocket where if the killer comes he has to drag you FAR giving struggle a reason. After I do those 3 hook I move to a generator near me and will pop it or 99% if its next to door (Do not 99% Trappers). If you have just 1 other person do the same thing that's 6 hooks down in under 2 minutes. That killer is essentially ****** unless he has iron grasp 3, and is why they didn't nurf it last patch. So all you people saying saboteur is **** or selfish have not played enough of the game or just get bad team mates who don't go for saves anyway.  

Dead By Daylight reference. *Thumbs Up*

5 hours ago, TheHalcyonOne said:

And so we're told everything we really need to know.

Explain to me why people don't put on passwords but automatically ban people then. Goon, I'd like to hear what you think is the problem. Perhaps saying that the UI being boring is a major cause might not be true, but we never know unless we test this. At least I gave you some decent reasoning for my theory, whilst you just smirked and tried to taunt me with ebery single post you made here inrrply to me.

6 hours ago, FappyGilmore said:

Sorry, I don't play DBD, can you come that by me again? What are you saying here?

Archived