Mafia Season 2 - Aftermath Thread

PhelsarusBeel

1 hour ago, Battal said:

And I'm pretty sure one of the main reasons for Season 2 is because we wanted to try and do things right.

I mean. There's no reason why what I said and what you just said can't be true and the same time.

21 minutes ago, LiptonPee said:

The intro page is finished! I've removed Lady D and Asparagus and added @GiddyGuy (who isn't a dog anymore).

Here's the previously shown small corner panel to keep you sated for a bit.

pre.png

You'll see the full page when @Mr.P posts the new thread!

Should do a doodle of those who opted out watching the rest of you suffer XD 

Fine fine seems like everything's almost ready now.

Only got a handfull of minor changes I know have to work on like rearranging roles since Aspa isn't able to play and so on (as well as some other minor changes).

Means that I probably post the thread in the next few days as I want to make a proper rule sheet (what I kinda forgot) and also just looking over everything so all the details are right.

So all I can say for now is that'll be ready soonish. Then again yer'll get a notification anyway or I inform you guys over different chats (Skype, Steam, etc.) so no one will be left out.

1 hour ago, Dannyrulx said:

You'll be seeing my character when they walk into the joint. Not sure if to go with a new one, or to revive an oldie.

Again, I would suggest coming as someone other than the host if you don't want to get murdered immediately upon entry. 

It don't matter if they're suddenly female and have a robotic arm for some reason, if it ever, ever gets out that they are/were the host, they dead son.

I mean, I'm not telling you what to do, it's still your choice and I can't force you to do something different. If you want to have a target the size of Alaska on your back that's your thing dude i ain't judgin'

(A little character backstory, I'm bringing back and updating an oldie.)

He hurt all over. Ghost pain from his arms and legs, shoulders and hips sore from the implants, headache from the interface chip, and the cybernetics were still setting in, so pain shooting all along every nerve of his body, and would continue to do so for quite a while. The man drilling him from across the table didn't help in the slightest.

"Corinth, as much as you might not like this, you don't have a choice. This is an entirely different world to the one you were familiar in. No magic. No elves, no... anything that you are used to. You do have a mission to complete however, and you were picked because..."

He muttered something, which for a normal human wouldn't have been heard at all, but the man had forgotten who he was sitting across from. "You were chosen because the execs are stupid idiots who are willing to waste far, far too much money on a gamble..."

Grinning and bearing it was the only proper course of action, he supposed. They had both the killswitch and the controlswitch for all of his implants. Should they want him motionless on the floor, or should they want him to jump out of the window and kill himself, there was nothing he could do but take all the abuse until he had the chance to get free. 

"That's everything Corinth. Oh, I nearly forgot your cover. Remember Dannyrulx? You know, the person who you were the avatar for before this? For this operation, you're back, so act the part please."

Corinth nodded and picked up the glass of water with his new appendages. They still felt awkward and off, but he was getting better at them. He barley spilt a drop of water as the glass moved up to his lips, and he was able to take a drink without his clothes being sopping wet. Maybe there was hope for him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Corinth looked at the clothes set out in front of him. Seemed like Danny had had a change of pace, as the clothes lying on the bed were very different compared to the adventuring kit he had worn. He knew it was a three-piece suit because of the implant, but the implant couldn't mimic what it was like to physically see the clothes, feel the shifting fabric on his cybernetics...

He picked up the last item, a jack-cord designed to give his limbs new functionality, as weird as that was, and as weird as that felt. He inserted the long, needle-like item into his arm, which had shifted out to allow a port for the device to be shown below the "skin." He inserted the tab and waited until it had emptied it's contents.

[New Software Downloaded from [REDACTED] Corporation. Test capabilities? Y/N.]

[Y]

He watched as the metal shimmered and shifted across his arm and pooled into his hand, whatever substance that made up his implants building up the new attachment, and causing him to let out a low whistle.

This was going to be a very, very, different ballgame.

On 7/9/2016 at 2:35 AM, LiptonPee said:

The intro page is finished! I've removed Lady D and Asparagus and added @GiddyGuy (who isn't a dog anymore).

Here's the previously shown small corner panel to keep you sated for a bit.

Spoiler

pre.png

You'll see the full page when @Mr.P posts the new thread!

The hype is reaaaallllll

(ayy spider tiddes)

8 minutes ago, Ootay said:

..Is it too late to join :^))?

*looks at clock*

I suppose it's last minute if anything (I'm currently in the process of setting the entire deal up in another tab)

But I suppose I can work one more person in so once I'm done over in the other thread I'll get to you.

14 minutes ago, Mobbstar said:

I'd like some clarity on this, please.

Simple as that if we would do 50% votes the Mafia could manipulate them to easily so I have to ensure that they can't just all vote for one person and lynch them through that meaning a 50% votum is not a good idea.

I guess I'll work a bit around with it but currently my standing is that the Innocent need to work together to lynch someone.

Basic math. We currently have 19 player total so to proper lynch someone at least 12 have to vote for a single person to be lynched rather than a democratic 10 vote just to ensure the Mafia can't manipulate them as easily through strenght of numbers.

9 minutes ago, Mr.P said:

We currently have 19 player total so to proper lynch someone at least 12 have to vote for a single person to be lynched

But that'd be 63% ... To pass 75%, 15 votes are needed. Since there's probably more than 4 mafia members, the "about 75%" you suggested seemed very bizarre.

So lynching requires at least 60% agreement?

Archived