Mafia Season 2 - Aftermath Thread

PhelsarusBeel

Ok time for another change update

Todays update "Geisterstunde" (and yes all update names will be in german cause reasons)

So in season 1 ghosts had literally no real function other then annoying the host but that was it.

In season 2 on the other hand even the dead get some stuff to do. So what will they get to do? Simple they do what ghosts do best and haunt the place. However how haunting works is rather specific.

Basicly Ghosts get 3 types of haunting actions to choose from but they decide what they do over that the nightphase in a voting similar on how the Mafia eliminates their targets. I will now list what they can do.

Minor hauntings: These actions can be done by all the ghosts per day and allow them to do stuff like move furniture, throw stuff around yadda yadda yadda stuff you see Poltergeists do a lot in movies and such. This can even be benefitial as ghosts might be able top uncover clues that where previously hidden OR hide them even better (like say move a picture frame around to hide some bloodsplatters on the wall). Obviously there are restrictions like not being able to move stuff out of the room and so on.

Hint giving haunting: This is a one time per day haunting action meaning only 1 can be performed per day and only 1 ghost gets to choose what hint to give. These can be done to help identify their killer like say a random message on a mirror or maybe some fluids that form letters. Obviously ghosts can't directly say who killed them but they can point towards their killer (like colour of clothes, maybe haircolour etc.).

Vengeful Haunt: This is a last resort action the ghosts can take. If they decide to go after this they will be unable to do any other haunting action past the venegful haunting. Basicly this action allows the ghosts to eliminate 1 killer of choice by say haunting a suit of armor and clobbing the killers skull in. However this action also is only avaiable to choose past day 2 or 3 just so we got enought ghosts to vote on it.

That's the gist of new ghost mechanics and I hope again that these will help to speed up the entire process so we go through the game at a decend pace.

However cause I feel like this update would otherwise be to short I also present a new role regarding ghosts.

I present the Medium: A simple role the Medium is able to ask 1 ghost 2 questions per night that can be answerd with yes or no. This means the medium can potentialy verify if someone is a killer by asking the respective ghost. NOTE however that ghosts can only give information about THEIR specific killer. You might now who killed the other people but you're not allowed to give hints for them the medium has to talk with the right ghost about the right clues.

And that should be it for today. I try to make these updates every other day just to reveal as much as I can without clogging up 1 post with to much info cause no one wants to read a gigantic wall of text with every little change I did regarding the rules.

Again though.

If there is literally still just a bystander role that does nothing. All they got is roleplaying. While ghosts can actually be useful game-wise. So game-wise they'd be better of dead. As bad as that sounds.

8 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Again though.

If there is literally still just a bystander role that does nothing. All they got is roleplaying. While ghosts can actually be useful game-wise. So game-wise they'd be better of dead. As bad as that sounds.

I just did the Math and here is how we currently stand

We got 17 players that currently agreed to play the game. From those at least 33% have to be Mafia members so 6 total.

That leaves us with 11 Innocent ones with 10 roles total meaning only 1 person ATM is role less except we either get A: More players (what I semi doubt) or B: 1 extra role (what is more likely). Really Zek you make things far to complicated and even then Innocents still can search for clues meaning they allow for greater coverage of the mansion so they still have a use even if they got no special ability.

Alternaitvely I just put another person on the Mafia side so it's 7 to 10 but we gotta see on that (and again if more people will join or not sign up will basicly go on till the thing actually starts in september).

6 minutes ago, Mr.P said:

Really Zek you make things far to complicated

The bottom line is being the odd man out with nothing special... well it sucks. Nothing complicated about that. Sure you might still be "useful", but you're missing out on more potential fun.

1 hour ago, MenaAthena said:

Alright, let's go ahead and get this out of the way.

Your laughing reminded me of those videos where it has all the voice clips from a game and some of the clips are laughing clips and it's just either awkward or hilarious depending on how it sounds.

11 minutes ago, GiddyGuy said:

Your laughing reminded me of those videos where it has all the voice clips from a game and some of the clips are laughing clips and it's just either awkward or hilarious depending on how it sounds.

Awkwardness was kinda the point actually :^3

12 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

What about civilian/bystander? Isn't that what the majority of the innocent roles is supposed to be anyway?

At this point in time we basicly got enought roles to fit everyone with one (cause on my Doc I forgot to add the therapist what means we got 11 roles for the innocent people)

Really the thing is that we just needed new roles to speed up the process of elimination so we don't end up with 90% if the Mafia being victims of the Serial Killer instead of lynchvotings.

I guess the only hard part now is the target of the Bounty Hunter since he now HAS to kill someone with a role. I need to tinker with that as well it seems.

This is not dead yet.

So I decided to tinker a bit more over the last week and also deal with preparing for my vacation (what starts tommorow) so here's the final little update to Mafia that I got planned and you guys are going to see before I leave for the next 3 weeks.

So todays update will be "Beweise und Fälschung"

So I talked about evidences of murder before and how everyone now needs to find weapons scatterd across the mansion what will offer hints towards the killer. But here is the thing. As it stands the evidence system is heavily stacked against the Mafia since finding clues can easily lead to a total wipe out quicker than expected.

So to counteract this welcome the final addition to the Mafiaside of roles

The SMuggler (couldn't find a better name TBH) has the ability to not just hide evidence but also smuggle them onto another person possibly framing them for a murder they didn't commit. For example a smuggler might be able to pick up a bloodied knife and smuggle it into an innocent persons pocket and during the cluephase this lil evidence might be noticed by others leading to an akward situation where the framed victim got some explaining to do. This can easily stack the odds against someone completly unrelated to the crime.

BUT the innocent people also got a role to counteract that so lets introduce the counterpart for the smuggler the forensics.

This role basicly has the ability to gather more specific clues from any evidence like fingerprints to make sure the weapon at hand is actually related to the crime. Additionally he can also check if a clue that got brought up is real or not but he's only able to check up to 3 clues per cluephase before the judgement is offerd (note the check ups from the clues are anonymus so the mafia can't easily figure out who the forensic is and eliminate him night 1). But since we probably get more clues than 3 he has to think and make good judgement on which ones to check and which ones might be fakes.

So this is it for this final pre vacation update so what is still to come from my end you may wonder?

Todo List:

- Setup: I'm about 75% done with it at this point. Should be able to figure out proper plot points to tie everything together during the vacation so that's it really. You guys will see it once I'm back.

- Map of the Mansion: This is something that I will take a lot of time with since the layout will be very important since I have to make sure there are no "safespots" on it where there's no murderweapon near any specific room. So this is going to take up a lot of my time to plan out properly

- Buckets of spreadsheets: What I mean is I have to keep track of everything and make notes on every little thing that happens so I have to make sure everything is properly planne out in terms of Mafia memebers, killings yadda yadda yadda.

- Role designation: SInce I got most of the players now I can work on figuring out who gets what role. Expect the unexpected lets just say that. You may end up with a role you didn't expect at first.

Post vacation stuff: This is just stuff that will prolly happen once I'm back from my vacation on september 4th. Basicly I'm probably going to take 2-3 days off and setting everything properly up and then start the thing either the same week or the week after that. I'm not sure if I update the OP here or if I post a new thread that we also take for current status of the game and general offthread discussions for it.

With all of that said I'll be off in about 5 hours so if you guys got anything else you want to ask ask me now cause this is the last chance before I'm gone.

1 hour ago, Mr.P said:

The Smuggler (couldn't find a better name TBH) has the ability to not just hide evidence but also smuggle them onto another person possibly framing them for a murder they didn't commit. For example a smuggler might be able to pick up a bloodied knife and smuggle it into an innocent persons pocket and during the cluephase this lil evidence might be noticed by others leading to an akward situation where the framed victim got some explaining to do.

So the immediate issue I see with this is game wise vs rp wise. Obviously rp wise the person is suspicious, but game wise one might just assume it was planted, because for what other reason would they have said evidence? I dunno if there are other ways or reasons, but you know. Dunno.

Omg I just realized something... @Zeklo's profile pic winks! 0.0

Anyway, back to the topic at hand...

7 hours ago, Mr.P said:

- Map of the Mansion: This is something that I will take a lot of time with since the layout will be very important since I have to make sure there are no "safespots" on it where there's no murderweapon near any specific room. So this is going to take up a lot of my time to plan out properly

- Buckets of spreadsheets: What I mean is I have to keep track of everything and make notes on every little thing that happens so I have to make sure everything is properly planne out in terms of Mafia memebers, killings yadda yadda yadda.

- Role designation: SInce I got most of the players now I can work on figuring out who gets what role. Expect the unexpected lets just say that. You may end up with a role you didn't expect at first.

Map of the mansion? I got something perfect ^_^

Spoiler

8037267127_f9348c5806_z-2.jpg

... What I'm kidding XD

Mr.P actually got some ideas after I said that this game was a lot like mafia in a way.

Hah, he misspelled members as memebers XD I knew that was gonna happen one day, I just thought it was gonna be me :p

A role I didn't expect? How about a mentally unstable mafia member? Or a psycho killer? XD Jk jk, don't want to be that but if I end up being a mafia member then so be it.

7 hours ago, Zeklo said:

So the immediate issue I see with this is game wise vs rp wise. Obviously rp wise the person is suspicious, but game wise one might just assume it was planted, because for what other reason would they have said evidence? I dunno if there are other ways or reasons, but you know. Dunno.

The way I understand this, the smuggler can only change one clue, but Mafia activity will leave behind more than that. Just like the forensic has to carefully pick the most important evidence, so does the smug.

What exactly leaves behind evidence, I do not know. Maybe the victim struggling makes a hint as well (e.g. hair of the attacker)?

Archived