DST Skins Checklist (Updated: 03/27/2024)

The Woodie Character Update was released in today's patch and it brought along 19 new skins and 1 new collection.  Here is Woodie in his new "The Team Player" attire performing his unique idle animation with Lucy.

idle_woodie_hockey.gif.19e532ba8662931db1df4146a33c3b10.gif

However, at the same time, the never released (but was in the game files for over a year) Lustrous variant of the Elegant Alchemy Pod was removed.  The Lustrous variant had a special fx that the normal Elegant one didn't have.  This is what it looked like:

researchlab2_pod_alt.gif.46f2408e47503e9e14f0918bc481dfc3.gif

As with the previous Character Updates, Woodie's old tradable/marketable Guest of Honor, Roseate, Survivor, and Triumphant skins have been change to their Heirloom versions.  In its place, new weave-able versions of those skins have been added.

The latest version of the checklist now includes the aforementioned changes.  Moreover, the checklist has one small addition to its features:

• Syncing with Drops Reset Countdown Data File
    The checklist can now sync with data that's exported from the Drops Reset Countdown mod.  For browsers that support the FileAPI, a new selection window will appear when clicking the Sync button.  From there, you can choose to sync with your Steam Inventory (as before) or to sync with a JSON file exported from the mod.  

As always, the checklist can be viewed online or downloaded.  And here are a few screenshots of Version 1.10.0 (~9.18MB):

Spoiler

preview52.thumb.png.54eaad77aa739642f2057e0be89ab7b5.png preview53.thumb.png.58298410b7963450e884864826b203f8.png preview54.thumb.png.52dbdf9ef86f971043c9b183bd2a6139.png

EDIT (09/12/2019):  Fixed a display bug where old saves (from before Version 1.8.29) that contained duplicate skins would not properly remove its duplicate indicator when a skin was unchecked in the checklist.  Latest version of the checklist is now 1.10.1.

EDIT (09/19/2019):  A new loyal rarity firepit skin was added in today's patch.  This skin is granted for owning Hot Lava on Steam.  The checklist has been updated to Version 1.10.2.

EDIT (09/26/2019): Today's patch added a new loyal rarity Glomglom skin.  This skin is granted to owners of Oxygen Not Included on Steam.  The latest checklist version is now 1.10.3.

Edited by Instant-Noodles
  • Like 9

On 9/13/2019 at 12:13 AM, PeterA said:

And the fx was moved to the normal one.

can u pls explain why the Alchemy Pod skin is not loyal? I remember I bought the game in EA and I have the ONI Alpha contributor badge and yet I didn't get the skin... Contrasting the Hot Lava I got today I really don't get why the pod skin has to be any different 

Edited by FreyaMaluk
correction with POP

49 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

can u pls explain why the Alchemy Pod skin is not a proof of purchase loyal? I remember I bought the game in EA and I have the ONI Alpha contributor badge and yet I didn't get the skin... Contrasting the Hot Lava I got today I really don't get why the pod skin has to be any different 

Well first of Proof of Purchase and Loyal are different.

PoP is for Klei store items.

10 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Where are the Wegame Exclusives on the list? 

Stone_Kiln_Icon.png.95ec361c4550fe4c791b947429def213.pngCarved_Stone_Torch_Icon.png.cb4764f8818777bfa2b8e63aed9216b2.png 

With the exception of the developer Potato Cup skin (owned by @nomeand @PeterA), the checklist will only list skins that are in the Steam version of Don't Starve Together.  If/when those two presently WeGame-exclusive skins (i.e. Carved Stone Torch and Stone Kiln) are added to the Steam game files, then the checklist will also be updated to include them.

• Thanks 1

On 9/22/2019 at 1:37 AM, Instant-Noodles said:

With the exception of the developer Potato Cup skin (owned by @nomeand @PeterA), the checklist will only list skins that are in the Steam version of Don't Starve Together.  If/when those two presently WeGame-exclusive skins (i.e. Carved Stone Torch and Stone Kiln) are added to the Steam game files, then the checklist will also be updated to include them.

On that note, do the Wegame players play in a totally independent realm of servers like the console players or are Steam and Wegame servers joined? I haven't  encountered these skins before but I thought it was because I don't encounter many chinese players in the game let alone those who preordered the game.

8 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

@Instant-Noodles could you pls break down how weekly drops are awarded? how much game time,etc?

I think I have a mod affecting drops cuz I played 3 hours yesterday and got only one weekly .... I'm a bit confused

AFAIK, the required playtime between weekly drops is randomly assigned for each account by Klei's item server every week.  This means that drop times will differ for everyone each week.  Personally, I've found that it takes roughly 50-80 minutes of playtime per weekly drop. 

Gifts have to be opened before playtime for the next weekly drop is counted.  Also, you must be playing online to get drops; offline worlds aren't eligible.  You can get up to 8 weekly drops per cycle and cycles reset every Thursday (Klei time).

Since drop times are determined server-side, mods definitely don't have any effect on them.  If you're having issues with drops, you might have intermittent connection issues with Klei's item servers and it's not counting your playtime properly.  I believe this is the url to check your current connection to the item server: https://items.kleientertainment.com/HealthCheck.  It should say "OK" on that page at all times.

7 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

On that note, do the Wegame players play in a totally independent realm of servers like the console players or are Steam and Wegame servers joined? I haven't  encountered these skins before but I thought it was because I don't encounter many chinese players in the game let alone those who preordered the game.

Yup, they are independent.  There are 4 separate "realms" for DST: Steam, Rail (i.e. WeGame), PSN, and XBone.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

@Instant-Noodles, a few suggestions, if I may...

• It now takes 5 clicks to load from json text. Maybe shuffle the text around so we can do with 2? (sync from JSON -> paste -> OK)
  • add DLC skin chests (collections of weavable skins) - specifically, "progress" when an inventory is loaded:
    • skin-oriented: how many skins (grouped by rarity) are missing from each chest?
    • spool-completion oriented: how many spools are needed to weave missing skins?
    • spool-unravelling oriented: what's the value of skins I own (ie. if I buy this chest, how many spools do I get from unravelling the duplicates)
  • Collections - split them into groups by type - marketable vs. weavable vs. other

EDIT: Oh, didn't realise the in-game shop chests are different from the Steam store DLC chests. I was referring to the former, which are "completed" if you own all the skins within - regardless of how you obtained them.

Edited by myxal

Today's patch introduced Wurt and Hallowed Nights to the game.  The update also brought with it 47 new skins and 1 new collection. 

Here is Wurt in her base and skinned forms:

wurt_none.png.53c923590554624caf618424173f55d6.png wurt_cave.png.0bd42ceac35fa854abed5574e32df8dd.png wurt_formal.png.8d0ca685e7a2624bf270b4ab0446e1b4.png wurt_shadow.png.363d08b672dac1ee1a56768eda38684e.png

As well, Wurt has a unique idle animation:

wurt_idle.gif.222f9925826daf8bb75822eaf747d899.gif

As usual, the 12 Costume Collection Event rarity skins will be automatically checked as owned during the Hallowed Nights event.  Since no end date has been officially announced, the checklist will be updated again once one is given.

This update also gave six additional characters a full Hallowed Nights collection skin:

warly_candyman.png.7cef5ce6bdfebb4585d9f63c9396e3e1.png wathgrithr_scarecrow.png.f459adef0ea659a09cf6a000736f2062.png waxwell_vampire.png.0efcde458421c0ea7cf28658e312de63.png wickerbottom_spiderwitch.png.9a69d17a12039a13c3300e078c961d23.png winona_frankenstein.png.ae86345508320814021c4f4fb611bdff.png wortox_dragon.png.28fc10252e036a4c82fd6e0e21bfaee3.png

With respect to changes to existing skins, this patch renamed the Purple Jammies Ensemble to the Yawny Jammies Ensemble.  This is to reflect the fact that both the Purple and Green Jammies set can now unlock the Yawn Emote.

The latest version of the checklist is now Version 1.10.4 (~9.49MB) and includes the aforementioned changes.  As always, the checklist can be accessed online or downloaded.

Spoiler

preview55.thumb.png.d8c754ce10dc8f48ba58575529fb6828.png preview56.thumb.png.3a8e665060ede00c461b4a54591ee802.png preview57.thumb.png.de6c37a80c2dea44ce02bb99e3b09290.png

On 28/09/2019 at 1:40 PM, myxal said:

@Instant-Noodles, a few suggestions, if I may...

• It now takes 5 clicks to load from json text. Maybe shuffle the text around so we can do with 2? (sync from JSON -> paste -> OK)
  • add DLC skin chests (collections of weavable skins) - specifically, "progress" when an inventory is loaded:
    • skin-oriented: how many skins (grouped by rarity) are missing from each chest?
    • spool-completion oriented: how many spools are needed to weave missing skins?
    • spool-unravelling oriented: what's the value of skins I own (ie. if I buy this chest, how many spools do I get from unravelling the duplicates)
  • Collections - split them into groups by type - marketable vs. weavable vs. other

EDIT: Oh, didn't realise the in-game shop chests are different from the Steam store DLC chests. I was referring to the former, which are "completed" if you own all the skins within - regardless of how you obtained them.

Thanks for the suggestions and sorry for the late reply, but I've been fairly busy recently and don't check the forums as often as I used to.  I may redesign the sync interface in the future, but, for now, you can bypass the initial few screens and skip straight to pasting in JSON by entering "invsync" in the search bar. 

With respect to keeping track of spools (that you can get from unravelling or that you need to obtain all unowned skins) per "dlc or skin chest" in the checklist, I likely won't add this feature unless Klei decides to add a "spool count" item to everyone's Steam inventory, such that the checklist can sync with a person's current spool count.

And, finally, for your "marketable vs weavable vs other" collection idea, this can already be achieved (for the most part) via the "Marketable" filter in the checklist.  Selecting "No" under this filter will remove all marketable items from view; with the exception of the Event, Loyal, Timeless, and Proof of Purchase categories, this will show all "weavable" skins in the checklist.  However, I'm not against adding an additional filter for a true "weavable" list in the future.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

On 04/11/2019 at 4:39 AM, Iconer said:

Hi, 

Would it be possible to add a new feature to the checklist? I would like to bookmark a Multi Filter.

Example: https://dst-skins-checklist.github.io/?sel_character=WX-78&sel_reskin=Head

Thanks, I like this suggestion.  This has just been added to Version 1.10.5.  The initial view of the checklist can now be set based on the multi-filter parameters in the URL query string.  The valid keys are the multi-filter categories (but in lowercase) and the valid values are the selectable options listed under each pulldown menu (case sensitive).  The query string is cleared from the URL after the initial view is loaded.

image.png.59145012e27ae01009440b40bd8133db.png

Note: Any value set for the "release" key will be ignored if there aren't actually newly released skins (i.e. no skins have been released within the past 7 days).  Likewise, values set for keys that have been disabled due to a different parameter being set will also be ignored (ex. a value set for the color parameter will be ignored if a character parameter has already been set).  Priority is based on the alphabetical order of the valid keys.

So, for the example you listed (WX-78 Head skins), the proper query string would be:  https://dst-skins-checklist.firebaseapp.com/?character=WX-78&reskin=Head (or alternatively: https://dst-skins-checklist.github.io/?character=WX-78&reskin=Head)

Here are a few further examples:

For now, I've decided to keep this as a hidden feature. So, the checklist will not generate these query strings in the URL as mutli-filters are selected.  However, I may add a toggle option in the future.

On 28/09/2019 at 1:40 PM, myxal said:

Version 1.10.5 also adds in the filter by "Weaveable" skins option (Klei uses the spelling with an extra "e") that was previously requested.  Since "Weaveable" is a subset of "Not Marketable", this choice is listed under the Marketable multi-filter category.

image.png.801e3d17e3a267161a846ed1737df5c1.png image.png.b0ead28c4e279a35ccc5bfe4abb7e871.png

The "Yes" option will continue to display Marketable skins while the "No (Weaveable)" and "No (All)" options will show Weaveable and Not Marketable skins respectively. 

EDIT (11/21/2019):  Today's patch added in 17 new Year of the Pig King collection skins.  The checklist has therefore been updated to Version 1.10.6.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/22/2019 at 1:44 AM, myxal said:

Is it just me, or does Rarity=Distinguished actually filter for classy skins? 

Reveal hidden contents

5dd7ad90a240d_Screenshot2019-11-22at10_42_24.png.c79d47484a18ba7bd537f9d56f8feee3.png

On 11/22/2019 at 1:47 AM, Thalkas said:

You are not alone! Heirloom Distinguished work well, only normal Distinguished is broken.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.e2a1d878ba55cf8e2cc460a70d0e6d8b.png

Oops, thanks for catching that.  Looks like I inadvertently introduced a bug in Version 1.10.6.  I've just pushed out a fix in Version 1.10.7.  

EDIT #1 (11/22/19):

On 11/22/2019 at 12:32 PM, myxal said:

A couple more nitpicks, now that I looked at it closely:

• The Reskin drop-down lists fur roll under Structures, which is a bit odd.
  • The Hand belongings category is actually home to several odd objects that don't actually go to the hand slot: Telltale heart, Thermal Stone, Life Giving Amulet. The last one is particularly jarring, as it actually goes into the body slot, so should be in the Body category along with backpacks and armour.
  • I don't see Lightning Rod in that list.

Thanks, I've just updated the checklist.  As these are also filter related bugs, I've lumped them together with the Distinguished issue and didn't increment the version number.  So, the latest version is still 1.10.7.

• I placed Fur Roll under Structures as that's the category where it'd fit the best.  My reasoning was you place it on the floor prior to use, so it's kind of a temporary structure.
  • Ditto on the Telltale Heart and Thermal Stone.  They can both be given to people (presumably with your character's hands), so I chose the Hand category.  I guess you can argue that the Thermal Stone is an item you keep on your body, but placing it under Body would likewise seem odd.  As for the Life Giving Amulet, I've just moved it to the Body category.
  • Keen eye; I've added this to the dropdown.

EDIT #2 (12/05/2019):  As it was previously announced that the Hallowed Nights 2019 event would end when the Winter's Feast 2019 event starts and a start date for the later was announced today, the placeholder end date (of ?/?/2019) for the Hallowed Nights event has been replaced with the actual date (of 12/12/2019) in Version 1.10.8.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Instant-Noodles said:

I've just pushed out a fix in Version 1.10.7.

A couple more nitpicks, now that I looked at it closely:

• The Reskin drop-down lists fur roll under Structures, which is a bit odd.
  • The Hand belongings category is actually home to several odd objects that don't actually go to the hand slot: Telltale heart, Thermal Stone, Life Giving Amulet. The last one is particularly jarring, as it actually goes into the body slot, so should be in the Body category along with backpacks and armour.
  • I don't see Lightning Rod in that list.
  • Thanks 1