Spoiled Rotten (Jan 15 Update)

Kevin

cGame::StartPlaying
cGame::StartPlaying

Isn't prefixing classes with 'c' kinda, old and ... deprecated way of naming classes? Shame on you Klei!

Hah, nah kidding, but I chuckled when I saw that, because you know with all the talk of "the right way to code, and the right standard style" it's a bit fun actually.

But **** that, they don't have working and awesome games! :D

• Developer
Isn't prefixing classes with 'c' kinda, old and ... deprecated way of naming classes? Shame on you Klei!

I picked that up at my first job, and it's a hard habit to shake. People make fun of me for it. :)

I have noticed something else. Have you messed with how the traps work? Because when you place a trap for a rabbit, after the first rabbit the amount of rabbits caught after that drops off significantly. Also if you need to specifically bait the traps now, there aren't many carrots spawning to bait the traps.

I think that the new update hasn't made this game harder, lol. Food needs still a lot of time to spoil... I think that some of products should spoil really fast.. For example meat, it's really hard to eat it after 2 days ;3 It should give a lot of hunger, but spoil really fast. One time I have read that u are planning to add the winter. In the winter food should spoil 2 x longer. Wx78 isn't a good hero to play with. It's a lot of better to play with lower lvl characters like Wilson or Wolfgang than some1 who cannot eat food after 10 or 20 days... Wx78 should have some other bonus. That's what I think. Sorry for my bad English ;p

I have noticed something else. Have you messed with how the traps work? Because when you place a trap for a rabbit, after the first rabbit the amount of rabbits caught after that drops off significantly. Also if you need to specifically bait the traps now, there aren't many carrots spawning to bait the traps.

You can grow carrots in farm plots.

You can grow carrots in farm plots.

Growing carrots are not guaranteed to grow from the seed you plant. So when new players start this game, they will find it very tough to begin with as morsels go not provide much hunger value. That's if they have unlocked the farm.

If this game becomes overly tough, many new players will ditch it. The game needs to be much better balanced. Maybe having a time limit (X days go by) before you get less hunger value.

I do like how you can refresh the food going off by adding fresh food to the pile, because it makes things easier to manage and doesn't overburden you with more stuff to manage. Please keep this as it is. :)

Growing carrots are not guaranteed to grow from the seed you plant.

Not true. If you bring a carrot to a caged bird, it gives you at least one seed that is guaranteed to grow a carrot.

Also, I really don't get why people think it's a hard game. Just learn how to play it, read on the wiki and try new tactics out. You'll find out that the game is actually quite easy at the moment, and if Klei would make it more easy, there would me no more challenge in playing the game. And what happens when there is no challenge? People get bored of it.

• Developer

Chrome, by construction, updates every time it starts. So if anyone has the hotfix on Chrome, everyone will have it. If you press backspace in the main menu, you should see a build date and number in the bottom left corner of the screen. What do these say for you?

Chrome, by construction, updates every time it starts. So if anyone has the hotfix on Chrome, everyone will have it. If you press backspace in the main menu, you should see a build date and number in the bottom left corner of the screen. What do these say for you?

Rev. 71548

EDIT: I tried clearing browsing data on Chrome, and redownloaded the game. Didn't work.