Spoiled Rotten (Jan 15 Update)

Kevin

Question: Do I have to completely regen a new world in order to have even a CHANCE of finding Chester?

If so, this makes me sad... but I will live... just need to know.

=========================================================

A wizard is never late... nor is he early... he arrives PRECISELY when he means to.

Maybe we'll be able to craft something with all that fuzzy rot.

That or they'll combine if left in chests together and form a horrifying radioactive monstrosity and attack Wilson.

that what im talking about!! 20 hours not wasted woohoo!! ill be the most powerful person on the world muahahah, wet goop king ftw

Question: Do I have to completely regen a new world in order to have even a CHANCE of finding Chester?

If so, this makes me sad... but I will live... just need to know.

=========================================================

A wizard is never late... nor is he early... he arrives PRECISELY when he means to.

Sadly I think you have to regen to get him at all.

I don't think they would have pointed that out otherwise. Don't want to restart myself but I could really use him so I guess I'm kicking the bucket once I accumulate enough days to unlock all the characters up to WX.

that what im talking about!! 20 hours not wasted woohoo!! ill be the most powerful person on the world muahahah, wet goop king ftw

Technically it was already wasted before, seeing as all the food was already unnecessary and useless for the most part since you get more food just by playing the game and the only way you could use that much is if you just afk'd and ate when you were hungry.

Technically it was already wasted before, seeing as all the food was already unnecessary and useless for the most part since you get more food just by playing the game and the only way you could use that much is if you just afk'd and ate when you were hungry.

Doesn't it feel much better than having 11 chest full of food than only having 1 chest?

Doesn't it feel much better than having 11 chest full of food than only having 1 chest?

Of course it does lol which is exactly why they put spoilage in the game in the first place. They don't want you to have that indefinite security of food, or else the game wouldn't be called "Don't Starve". With all that food you got there, there's no challenge left in trying not to starve.

My biggest concern is the lack of any HP being healed from food anymore. From what I've found so far, there are no early-game foods that supply any HP to you anymore, and I find that kind of foolish. Especially for those who are new to the game, you need to have some sort of way to heal yourself. I understand it's an uncompromised survival game, but I mean c'mon lol. I welcome food spoilage with absolute open arms, but that just seems a little too much.

I've already responded on the issue of the health restoration. Only thing i would change is correct cooked meat not healing anything (i'm pretty sure thats a bug honestly) and perhaps giving morsels some HP gain back on them. Carrots and berries and such do not need to have HP regen.

On another note. Is the beard bugged? I just shaved it from full it gave me 18 beard hairs instead of 9. Was this just a random glitch or was this an intentional change? If intentional it needs to be reverted. The beard is already way too good.

Of course it does lol which is exactly why they put spoilage in the game in the first place. They don't want you to have that indefinite security of food, or else the game wouldn't be called "Don't Starve". With all that food you got there, there's no challenge left in trying not to starve.

My biggest concern is the lack of any HP being healed from food anymore. From what I've found so far, there are no early-game foods that supply any HP to you anymore, and I find that kind of foolish. Especially for those who are new to the game, you need to have some sort of way to heal yourself. I understand it's an uncompromised survival game, but I mean c'mon lol. I welcome food spoilage with absolute open arms, but that just seems a little too much.

Agreed, getting healing items in the early game has become a lot more difficult. With farms it is not that hard, but new players wont have acces to those and will have a hard enough time as it is.

so being the smart person i am i traded all my meat to the pig king....,, cuz its gna spoil anyways, im on 1/4th of my meat rite now :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2101[/ATTACH]

So im done with my meat this is the result:P

post-6125-1376459037441_thumb.jpg