5b1ca4a9941a5_Fishermermrelaxingattheshore.thumb.png.70f9cc8e235f15d4c688b587d433bc65.png

(Disclaimer: This was drawn before I found out the plot of the Gorge. Colored this right after Jack Skellington skins)

I was actually inspired by Deponia when I wanted to use the Fishermerm house in a piece. In Chaos on Deponia, there's a fisherman who wears a similar outfit, so I wanted to make a fishermerm a literal fisherman.  Kind of relaxed piece.

• Like 8

21 hours ago, minespatch said:

5b1ca4a9941a5_Fishermermrelaxingattheshore.thumb.png.70f9cc8e235f15d4c688b587d433bc65.png

(Disclaimer: This was drawn before I found out the plot of the Gorge. Colored this right after Jack Skellington skins)

I was actually inspired by Deponia when I wanted to use the Fishermerm house in a piece. In Chaos on Deponia, there's a fisherman who wears a similar outfit, so I wanted to make a fishermerm a literal fisherman.  Kind of relaxed piece.

I don't see why this would have anything to do with Gorge, it's clearly Shipwrecked, and extremely charming at that. I think this is one of my favorites. I always had an appreciation somewhere for the merm, but also for the wild boar. Probably derives from a love for both fish and wild pigs here on earth too. 

Edited by gallusvarius
Ugh, why do I keep mixing up Gorge and Forge
  • Thanks 1

On 6/10/2018 at 12:34 AM, DragonMage156 said:

Maybe the fisherman merms are some of the few "merm"s who still have their humanity/haven't lost themselves.

Probably, if the Klei devs explore more on Shipwrecked, we'll find out more.

23 hours ago, Szczuku said:

I mean... fishermerms are cool, so Idk why gorge plot has something to do with them. Maybe merms can evolve.

We'll see. Not exactly sure where the giant Gnaw has to do with creature transformation...

22 hours ago, Quoth143 said:

I love Jack's skins!

Thanks! I had fun designing the skeledork skins, so I wanted to try the same with Jack, Once I'm done with skeldork, I want to try JAck or Seigfried next for a tall body mod.

6 hours ago, gallusvarius said:
  1. I don't see why this would have anything to do with Gorge, it's clearly Shipwrecked, and extremely charming at that. I think this is one of my favorites. I always had an appreciation somewhere for the merm, but also for the wild boar. Probably derives from a love for both fish and wild pigs here on earth too. 
  2. Edited 2 hours ago by gallusvarius Ugh, why do I keep mixing up Gorge and Forge
  1. Seeing your edited comment, sorry you felt confused.:wilson_ecstatic:The whole fisher set made me want to tackle something serene. Gave me a chance to draw another building too.
  2. 5779f266439eb_arieltriesconsoling.png.626f7caa21a85e85e9258b57fc082330.pngThere there...
On 2/23/2017 at 10:56 PM, Instant-Noodles said:

Ancient Gateway (Active / Break / Crackle / Idle)atrium_gateactive.gif

On 2/23/2017 at 11:36 PM, Chris1488 said:

The 4th wall has been shattered.

come back next update.png

5b1e0743dc137_constructiontapeinconstantruins.thumb.png.eab836caedc74f38009fd2ce85e46fa3.png

Just as I finished coloring this comic, I realized this might be unintentional foreshadowing to Winona. I just find the idea of construction tape surrounding a ancient portal to be rather ridiculous but hilarious at the same time. Seeing this screencapture made me want to draw this scenario. So I finally got to draw the scene. People featured are @Dudedude. and @Asparagus as their respected characters.

• Like 6

On 8.6.2018 at 9:41 AM, minespatch said:

5b1a2f8c92b3e_Skintradersgrandthreftchairquest.thumb.png.ae9b0fed50909a1563ab0033ecb3c392.png

This made me laugh way too hard XD

On 9.6.2018 at 9:39 AM, minespatch said:

5b1b82e635a20_Skellingtonskinswithportraits.thumb.png.ea8fe62736419723198826e6318c8bce.png

Going to do a @DragonMage156 and make skins for a character I don't even own but want to make a mod of. As the image says, he is a demon of light and thet'll be the name of the mod when it's made due to there being a Jack Skellington mod already. This mod would have anatomy closer to Maxwell's NPC form, so yeah.

5b1b82f0a2021_Skellingtonconstantskins.thumb.png.6e7fb523b21ba2fed1ae446bcf558707.png

These skins are based on his outfits from Oogie's Revenge and three are basically my design. Triumphant, Guest of Honor, Survivor, Roseate, and Snowfallen are outfits he's worn in canon. Hallowed Nights, Forge, and Verdant are mine. Thought he'd be a spitter due to his spider movements. The Forge was based after a KRatos fanart I did in high school, then Verdant is a combo of his pumpkin meets a friendly scarecrow.

Finding color refs for all were hard to find(except for spitter). So relieved to find and finish this tonight.

Oh my goodness these are so cool! OwO I really like how you approached every one of them and kept some of them true to TNBC-OR :3 Have you thought of any strings yet? >w>

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, NightWonder7 said:
  1. This made me laugh way too hard XD
  2. Oh my goodness these are so cool! OwO I really like how you approached every one of them and kept some of them true to TNBC-OR :3 Have you thought of any strings yet? >w>
  1. Skin trader needs more love, even if what I made him do seems skeevy.:wilson_ecstatic:
  2. Not yet, I haven't even worked on my skeledork mod but thanks to @Neutral_Steve's guidance, I'm hoping to work on something soon. Jack should have some cheerful quotes, he'd probably be similar to Webber in terms of personality.

image.png.20355d6f92700d9ea09e4442fa2cb643.png

5b1f716a6ebb0_webberscareshisbabies.thumb.png.825c03b5e58d31ccee69b2d2472a682f.png

Something weird I noticed in the Forge. Webber's babies are terrified of his dancing. This gave me a chance to let me do his adorable shrug emote as well. To be honest, the spiders in the game make me think of my cat Cosmic, especially when they stare.:wilson_ecstatic:

image.png.5601437d4bdc3080e891ac19956cf9db.png

5b1f716eb2a26_Poopcaboosethechester.thumb.png.ec8b3e54359173d03d3d8470cd18e5ce.png

What I call my Chester that I keep filling it's mouth with bird guano and oshnu scale trinkets. IT's a disgusting thing but I found it funny enough to illustrate. I'm proud of giving my Chester a hobby.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, minespatch said:

5b1f716a6ebb0_webberscareshisbabies.thumb.png.825c03b5e58d31ccee69b2d2472a682f.png

Something weird I noticed in the Forge. Webber's babies are terrified of his dancing. This gave me a chance to let me do his adorable shrug emote as well. To be honest, the spiders in the game make me think of my cat Cosmic, especially when they stare.:wilson_ecstatic:

That little jig webber is doing is really cute, and how the spiders are terrified of it for who-knows-why.

Reminds me of when one of our pet chickens was afraid of a cup of juice. Any other cup was fine, but she ran away in panic from a cup of apple juice. 

• Haha 1

On 6/12/2018 at 11:06 AM, gallusvarius said:
  1. That little jig webber is doing is really cute, and how the spiders are terrified of it for who-knows-why.
  2. Reminds me of when one of our pet chickens was afraid of a cup of juice. Any other cup was fine, but she ran away in panic from a cup of apple juice. 
  1. Yeah, there's a really endearing factor when it comes to Webber. The kid is almost like a cat more than a spider to be honest.
  2. I wish I could've seen that.:wilson_ecstatic:

5b222d14027a1_ScreenShot2017-03-20p3.png.7138551bdaabd93fcc2445dfa7fe5222.png

5b222d1387bc1_Arieljovialsmugness.png.f33f647fd46e620e10f198fd612a1ed2.png

Here ya go @Arlesienne. I think I'll use it as a react for when I'm really smug.

5b222d1273331_Wilsonamongpengulls.thumb.png.f259dfdfd3c2c05bb5bb3fafaca0b2f4.png

Wilson hanging around with a Pengull and her penglets. Had a reference of a penglet and wanted to do a picture of a mother cozying up to her child. Then I found a image of a male researcher nuzzling the baby penguin's beak between his fingers that I wanted Wilson to do it. This was supposed to be two different drawings but I put them together for fun.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

Wilson hanging around with a Pengull and her penglets. Had a reference of a penglet and wanted to do a picture of a mother cozying up to her child. Then I found a image of a male researcher nuzzling the baby penguin's beak between his fingers that I wanted Wilson to do it. This was supposed to be two different drawings but I put them together for fun.

Have you noticed that Wilson seems to find a lot of random things cute? I'm trying to compile a list. So far I've got: -Beefalo, especially the babies; -Frogs; -Saplings (?); - Abigail's Bow; -Wee MacTusk.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, minespatch said:

5b222d1273331_Wilsonamongpengulls.thumb.png.f259dfdfd3c2c05bb5bb3fafaca0b2f4.png

Heh. This reminds me of how very protective wild penguins tend to be of their young here on earth. I expect that researcher knew what he was doing and knew it was safe to nuzzle that hatchling for whatever reason, but is Wilson here in danger?
Pengulls have always been pretty protective of their eggs after all.

I like the color you used for the background though, it's really nice. And very fitting. I think it's a pretty pleasing piece, there's not a whole lot of pengull depictions out there. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

Have you noticed that Wilson seems to find a lot of random things cute? I'm trying to compile a list. So far I've got: -Beefalo, especially the babies; -Frogs; -Saplings (?); - Abigail's Bow; -Wee MacTusk.

He has a eye for the endearing aesthetic. If Wilson was a Weeb, he'd be into Moe shows,:wilson_ecstatic:CUTE GIRLS DOING CUTE THINGS

15 hours ago, gallusvarius said:
  1. Heh. This reminds me of how very protective wild penguins tend to be of their young here on earth. I expect that researcher knew what he was doing and knew it was safe to nuzzle that hatchling for whatever reason, but is Wilson here in danger? Pengulls have always been pretty protective of their eggs after all.
  2. I like the color you used for the background though, it's really nice. And very fitting. I think it's a pretty pleasing piece, there's not a whole lot of pengull depictions out there. 
  1. I did write in the description that these were two different drawings that I combined. It wasn't my intention originally but decided to do it anyway. Though, it looks like the Pengull is taken aback by Wilson being there.
  2. I wanted to reference Winter while also hinting at the savannah territory for grass. Use my paper texture to get the right touch. Never felt inspired drawing Pengulls until the Penglet came over. I'll definitely draw them again.

5b2363c727fc0_Nightmarethroneilluminatesthepast.thumb.png.63edc6b928f7354de5b77464a1ead04e.png

Due to the Nightmare Throne being the heart to THEM, figured it could give the sitter visions of time and space. This giving me a chance to tackle the death the the Thulian queen and mirror Wilson with MEtheus trapped on his own Nightmare throne. Originally I just intended to draw Metheus alone but I felt inspired by how powerful the throne is by referencing Wilson's fate.

5b2363c4e97a2_wilsonandmetheusoriginalcolorflats.thumb.png.baecce148da969994fca87465ca60e10.png

Here's the colors before I messed with Hue and saturation to get the other color.  Kind of a educational experience getting the colors like this to what you see in the final product.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, minespatch said:

Originally I just intended to draw Metheus alone but I felt inspired by how powerful the throne is by referencing Wilson's fate.

And here I was thinking that Wilson spent about fifteen minutes on the throne before Charlie swooped over like "hey, that's a nice throne you got there."

Still, a neat idea and a neat illustration. Love Wilson's screaming--he definitely didn't sign up for this. I've been harassing my friends about the Metheus puzzles, yet they don't seem too interested. Oh well, can't expect everyone to obsess over lore.

• Haha 1

ue to the Nightmare Throne being the heart to THEM, figured it could give the sitter visions

I always figured the same thing, that Them would whisper dark secrets in your ear or whatever. Or maybe dark lies. Probably both. Whatever they could to make it legitimately torturous in a way that could effect the sitter such as Maxwell had been, surely. 
I always imagined that this is what the 'Triumphant' skins were, and thought of them as kind of being different personalities because of it, such as William Carter and Maxwell are kind of different too. 

16 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

Still, a neat idea and a neat illustration. Love Wilson's screaming--he definitely didn't sign up for this. I've been harassing my friends about the Metheus puzzles, yet they don't seem too interested. Oh well, can't expect everyone to obsess over lore.

I haven't done Methus yet. If you want someone to harass with it, maybe you could pester me with it? 

1. .

5b2363c727fc0_Nightmarethroneilluminatesthepast.thumb.png.63edc6b928f7354de5b77464a1ead04e.png

The colors are definitely impressive and stand out, and exceptionally mysterious and other-worldly. I think you did really well with it.

• Like 3

On 6/14/2018 at 8:57 PM, minespatch said:

5b222d1387bc1_Arieljovialsmugness.png.f33f647fd46e620e10f198fd612a1ed2.png

I think I'll use it as a react for when I'm really smug.

Then I found a image of a male researcher nuzzling the baby penguin's beak between his fingers that I wanted Wilson to do it.

The return of Minespatch and their many emotes >u<

Really cute. I still have yet to use the skin :p

That sounds adorable ^_^

• Haha 1

On 6/15/2018 at 9:05 AM, ResettePlayer said:
  1. And here I was thinking that Wilson spent about fifteen minutes on the throne before Charlie swooped over like "hey, that's a nice throne you got there."
  2. Still, a neat idea and a neat illustration. Love Wilson's screaming--he definitely didn't sign up for this.
  3.  I've been harassing my friends about the Metheus puzzles, yet they don't seem too interested. Oh well, can't expect everyone to obsess over lore.
  1. Oh you're silly~
  2. I didn't even think he was screaming but you might have a point. Think I was unintentionally drawing reference of Frodo Baggins in Lord of the Rings when he puts the ring on.
  3. Well, seems like you found people now.
On 6/16/2018 at 1:06 AM, gallusvarius said:
  1. I always figured the same thing, that Them would whisper dark secrets in your ear or whatever. Or maybe dark lies. Probably both. Whatever they could to make it legitimately torturous in a way that could effect the sitter such as Maxwell had been, surely. 
  2. I always imagined that this is what the 'Triumphant' skins were, and thought of them as kind of being different personalities because of it, such as William Carter and Maxwell are kind of different too.
  3. The colors are definitely impressive and stand out, and exceptionally mysterious and other-worldly. I think you did really well with it.
  1. Yeah, pretty much. Wilson got what he wanted the moment he got on the throne. Knowledge. It might not have been the knowledge he wanted but it's like a monkey's paw.:wilson_ecstatic:
  2. The triumphant skins I theorize are the clones of the sitter, not the sitter themselves. Maxwell on the throne has a pathetic air about him compared to his npc copy. So... Yeah.
  3. It's not my creation color wise. I just learned what the devs did with the colors and then messed with hue and saturation to get a similar color scheme., Glad I found a copy of the original colors before they went all purple thulian.
6 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:
  1. The return of Minespatch and their many emotes >u<
  2. Really cute. I still have yet to use the skin :p
  3. That sounds adorable ^_^
  1. Still got more coming.5aa76668a4032_arielimpliedevil.png.f2a55a086558e295fb0100772b340f4a.png
  2. I don't really need the pengul skin. If I could have two pets, I'd be having a Wyvernling dragonling as my second pet for Cosmic in game. So I'm pretty comfy with my kittykit Gizmo.
  3. I can't find the gif unfortunately.:wilsondisappointed:It was really cute.

image.thumb.png.13dc981197d9178629f1bc4bf4f5b0af.png

5b2606df574d8_Winonaslaundryday.png.d2b5f2d4d21ce2b8cb31f861ade45c86.png

Winona does laundry in one of the ponds. I wanted to reference the "previously worn" icon, so I gave Winona the starring role of this piece. Gave me a chance to tackle her Verdant skin too. Didn't expect such a green theme with this one, especially with the sky.

Was going to post this yesterday, but I got tired and collapsed.:wilson_ecstatic:

On 3/14/2018 at 9:08 PM, JellyUltra said:

unused_map_icon_dst.pngHere's two unused DST map icons. A purple mushroom and a roped-off cave entrance.

5b2606deaea5d_Wilsonbargesthecavenightclub.png.1ec2ff7c07e23a20cc9f0457cba058b7.png

Bunnymen bouncers anticipate fighting Wilson from entering the ruined nightclub. Wilson won't take no for a answer.

So yeah, the first thought that came to mind with that icon design was bunnymen bouncers.:wilson_ecstatic:

The refs were tiny, so I drew a piece about it to get it out of the way.

5b2606de0415a_fathersday2018goats.thumb.png.aa2d9653727fb6480752b62820b8df75.png

I bought my father a goat themed Father's day card today. Would've purchased a cat one but since father's day is apparently dog themed to card companies, I went for the goat theme instead.Especially since the Gorge is out. Had to wing it with goat-dork there.

The junior mints is due to that being my second gift to him. He loves those.

I'll post the finished version later but I got it inked in time today before the 18th happened.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, minespatch said:
  • eah, pretty much. Wilson got what he wanted the moment he got on the throne. Knowledge. It might not have been the knowledge he wanted but it's like a monkey's paw.:wilson_ecstatic:
  • The triumphant skins I theorize are the clones of the sitter, not the sitter themselves. Maxwell on the throne has a pathetic air about him compared to his npc copy. So... Yeah.

Ah, I see.

Yes, that makes sense. I always imagined it was how they might look after being released from the throne, possibly, as well. Something along those lines of 'Not the exact same person because they've been affected by Them' either way, though?  It seems that Maxwell is constantly in his 'triumphant skin' because his Triumphant skin is actually an 'untriumphant' skin. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

Yes, that makes sense. I always imagined it was how they might look after being released from the throne, possibly, as well. Something along those lines of 'Not the exact same person because they've been affected by Them' either way, though?  It seems that Maxwell is constantly in his 'triumphant skin' because his Triumphant skin is actually an 'untriumphant' skin. 

Makes sense. The longer you're on the throne, the more callous you become when you leave it. Charlie's going to be really screwed up by the time she leaves.

5a7de82671fe8_Capturedecran2018-02-09a19F9235E525BE4DC0A212FD22AAF7C6AA739AB09752B70A23338A1501CFB8ADDA9876DBC30A513D176C8ABF85855F056A78E30CA9AD62D23D68BB792A4

5b27801c9d530_ChesterandHutchmeetcompetition.thumb.png.22818d62d8c489c6670b2f740b99dbcf.png

Chester and Hutch notice rivals among the horizon. They're unsure what to make of them and their lootboxy purpose.

I have a theory they're alive and act as they're own kind of chesters. Especially the way they move when you open them. So yeah.

• Like 7

5b2891836b475_weatherpainmadness.thumb.png.467214ce828fa86c12692cb4400c7780.png

When me and @DatShadowJK were goofing around on their island, we debugged a lot of buzzards and messed around. Getting a Weather pain, I learned from that day on that I really like it. Spinny spinny.

The pose here is inspired by Kingdom Hearts whenever Sora does a ice attack. Though him lifting from the ground would have a crazy atmosphere.

5b28918441be7_Wilsonweatherpainsketch.png.ad1dc79bf4a2275e8c82f988048d6610.pngOriginally was going to be on smaller receipt paper, but the chester piece proved that this needed to be bigger as well. I liked the pose here but it's not as animated as above.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

The treeguard looks irritated  with that tornado. "Oh c'mon why they heck are you spinning around me, get out of here, who even put you here??'

It happened, I tell you this.. Or maybe the purple reanimated skeleboi.

• Haha 1