ResettePlayer    6029

The only connection with music and Don't Starve characters I've made is that Maxwell would probably make a good screamo-style metal vocalist. Especially if he grew his hair out.

Oh, and Lucy is a metalhead. Because her head is made out of metal. The same could be said of WX-78.

You might be able to guess my favourite genre of music.

• Haha 3

gallusvarius    923
23 hours ago, minespatch said:

the scorching desert sun, and the escaped animals, the missing man has been presumed dead.

Oh, it was a desert he found the codex in? Thank you. 

23 hours ago, minespatch said:

5b1627506e6c1_breakdancecrowoftheconstant.thumb.png.40ef1c5214a74cae8f25ad133a7a1ff9.png

I get a kick out of the animation when the birds are freed from Lureplants. They hobble on the floors like breakdancers(latest?cb=20130806180056). So I lived up to my imagination and made this silliness. Yes. That Canary is wearing a Codex Umbra tank.Sell this ESC.

Not sure why I made the cardinal have Rastafarian coloring for his clothes. Does this count as furry?588497c65ec72_arielconfusedshrug.png.7e28189e6a68c2fc214fa6e2c0815879.png

My friend was pretty alarmed when she first saw this flopping when releasing a pet bird of our's in exchange for another. Said it flopped about like a fish. 

Like it was a fish-bird. 
I have to agree, they look like they forgot what species of animal they were... Like they think they're a fish flopping on land for a moment before they realize they're actually birds and then fly away. 

• Haha 1

minespatch    78482
On 6/5/2018 at 3:07 AM, Raspberry Milk said:

FYI, that's just when a bird is placed on the ground in some manner.

I just notice it a lot when lureplants are slain.57a2a6fdf350d_arielcasualshrug.png.a442eaccc7d800078e23056c919d38e4.png

On 6/5/2018 at 9:20 AM, ResettePlayer said:
  1. The only connection with music and Don't Starve characters I've made is that Maxwell would probably make a good screamo-style metal vocalist. Especially if he grew his hair out.
  2. Oh, and Lucy is a metalhead. Because her head is made out of metal. The same could be said of WX-78.
  3. You might be able to guess my favourite genre of music.
  1. Scream-o state a-la Christopher Lee.
  2. Did Wilson write this?
  3. YES.57c2ad5a07750_arielIDface.png.e651309f8eda0362b78b112fd7cf90e2.png
On 6/5/2018 at 8:42 PM, DragonMage156 said:
  1. I wonder why the snowbird, redbird and canary dressed in clothes :p
  2. They need to get an outfit for the crow once he gets up >u<
  1. Yes, had to reference what they were doing. Their poses wouldn't count./
  2. I'll draw it but if you designed the bird some clothes, I'll add it to the refs.
On 6/6/2018 at 1:52 AM, gallusvarius said:
  1. Oh, it was a desert he found the codex in? Thank you. 
  2. My friend was pretty alarmed when she first saw this flopping when releasing a pet bird of our's in exchange for another. Said it flopped about like a fish. Like it was a fish-bird. I have to agree, they look like they forgot what species of animal they were... Like they think they're a fish flopping on land for a moment before they realize they're actually birds and then fly away. 
  1. Yeah, I love the William Carter puzzles a lot,
  2. I know:wilson_ecstatic:I'd be flopping around too if I was vored by a plant and spat out.

5b18e7ed221e2_Wigfridstriumphanttentaclevictory.thumb.png.ceddd481aa42f01956f883fa9bef7a1b.png

Decided to make this today than tomorrow since tomorrow I got a skin trader comic I want to finish. Mainly need this for a ref for a Forge drawing I want to make. It references her, the spear, and two other players blowing darts. So yeah. The tone for this piece during coloring was based on Bugs Life when the "Warriors" survive the can roll.

5b18e7ef3466d_Wolfgangsportsaspikedhelmet.thumb.png.e6815d6659c94681dbd0464984e33f6c.png

Here's Military Wolfgang wearing a spiked helmet. Turns out Shelmet is another helmet and it took me a while to find the image again for color ref. I copy pasted the spikes since I forgot to draw them in. Wasn't sure for background, so I did something similar to the hiphop bird drawing.

I hope military Wolfgang becomes official in the future. IT's a simple but important skin to his history. Just as much as lobotomy Woodie is.

• Like 4

DragonMage156    27356
1 hour ago, minespatch said:

I'll draw it but if you designed the bird some clothes, I'll add it to the refs.

I can't even design a hairstyle myself >u<; but I recall mentioning before that I suck at fashion without some ideas, inspiration or refs.

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

5b18e7ed221e2_Wigfridstriumphanttentaclevictory.thumb.png.ceddd481aa42f01956f883fa9bef7a1b.png

My beloved spiral spear!!

• Like 1

gallusvarius    923
14 hours ago, minespatch said:

Decided to make this today than tomorrow since tomorrow I got a skin trader comic I want to finish. Mainly need this for a ref for a Forge drawing I want to make. It references her, the spear, and two other players blowing darts.

Interesting to see you draw her and to see the different skins and items here. Having her stand triumphantly on a slain tentacle stump was very a very fitting bit to add.

• Like 1

Szczuku    14083

I mean... fishermerms are cool, so Idk why gorge plot has something to do with them. Maybe merms can evolve.

• Thanks 1

gallusvarius    923
21 hours ago, minespatch said:

5b1ca4a9941a5_Fishermermrelaxingattheshore.thumb.png.70f9cc8e235f15d4c688b587d433bc65.png

(Disclaimer: This was drawn before I found out the plot of the Gorge. Colored this right after Jack Skellington skins)

I was actually inspired by Deponia when I wanted to use the Fishermerm house in a piece. In Chaos on Deponia, there's a fisherman who wears a similar outfit, so I wanted to make a fishermerm a literal fisherman.  Kind of relaxed piece.

I don't see why this would have anything to do with Gorge, it's clearly Shipwrecked, and extremely charming at that. I think this is one of my favorites. I always had an appreciation somewhere for the merm, but also for the wild boar. Probably derives from a love for both fish and wild pigs here on earth too. 

Edited by gallusvarius
Ugh, why do I keep mixing up Gorge and Forge
  • Thanks 1

NightWonder7    5051
On 8.6.2018 at 9:41 AM, minespatch said:

5b1a2f8c92b3e_Skintradersgrandthreftchairquest.thumb.png.ae9b0fed50909a1563ab0033ecb3c392.png

This made me laugh way too hard XD

On 9.6.2018 at 9:39 AM, minespatch said:

5b1b82e635a20_Skellingtonskinswithportraits.thumb.png.ea8fe62736419723198826e6318c8bce.png

Going to do a @DragonMage156 and make skins for a character I don't even own but want to make a mod of. As the image says, he is a demon of light and thet'll be the name of the mod when it's made due to there being a Jack Skellington mod already. This mod would have anatomy closer to Maxwell's NPC form, so yeah.

5b1b82f0a2021_Skellingtonconstantskins.thumb.png.6e7fb523b21ba2fed1ae446bcf558707.png

These skins are based on his outfits from Oogie's Revenge and three are basically my design. Triumphant, Guest of Honor, Survivor, Roseate, and Snowfallen are outfits he's worn in canon. Hallowed Nights, Forge, and Verdant are mine. Thought he'd be a spitter due to his spider movements. The Forge was based after a KRatos fanart I did in high school, then Verdant is a combo of his pumpkin meets a friendly scarecrow.

Finding color refs for all were hard to find(except for spitter). So relieved to find and finish this tonight.

Oh my goodness these are so cool! OwO I really like how you approached every one of them and kept some of them true to TNBC-OR :3 Have you thought of any strings yet? >w>

• Thanks 1

gallusvarius    923
7 hours ago, minespatch said:

5b1f716a6ebb0_webberscareshisbabies.thumb.png.825c03b5e58d31ccee69b2d2472a682f.png

Something weird I noticed in the Forge. Webber's babies are terrified of his dancing. This gave me a chance to let me do his adorable shrug emote as well. To be honest, the spiders in the game make me think of my cat Cosmic, especially when they stare.:wilson_ecstatic:

That little jig webber is doing is really cute, and how the spiders are terrified of it for who-knows-why.

Reminds me of when one of our pet chickens was afraid of a cup of juice. Any other cup was fine, but she ran away in panic from a cup of apple juice. 

• Haha 1

minespatch    78482
On 6/12/2018 at 11:06 AM, gallusvarius said:
  1. That little jig webber is doing is really cute, and how the spiders are terrified of it for who-knows-why.
  2. Reminds me of when one of our pet chickens was afraid of a cup of juice. Any other cup was fine, but she ran away in panic from a cup of apple juice. 
  1. Yeah, there's a really endearing factor when it comes to Webber. The kid is almost like a cat more than a spider to be honest.
  2. I wish I could've seen that.:wilson_ecstatic:

5b222d14027a1_ScreenShot2017-03-20p3.png.7138551bdaabd93fcc2445dfa7fe5222.png

5b222d1387bc1_Arieljovialsmugness.png.f33f647fd46e620e10f198fd612a1ed2.png

Here ya go @Arlesienne. I think I'll use it as a react for when I'm really smug.

5b222d1273331_Wilsonamongpengulls.thumb.png.f259dfdfd3c2c05bb5bb3fafaca0b2f4.png

Wilson hanging around with a Pengull and her penglets. Had a reference of a penglet and wanted to do a picture of a mother cozying up to her child. Then I found a image of a male researcher nuzzling the baby penguin's beak between his fingers that I wanted Wilson to do it. This was supposed to be two different drawings but I put them together for fun.

• Like 2

ResettePlayer    6029
3 hours ago, minespatch said:

Wilson hanging around with a Pengull and her penglets. Had a reference of a penglet and wanted to do a picture of a mother cozying up to her child. Then I found a image of a male researcher nuzzling the baby penguin's beak between his fingers that I wanted Wilson to do it. This was supposed to be two different drawings but I put them together for fun.

Have you noticed that Wilson seems to find a lot of random things cute? I'm trying to compile a list. So far I've got: -Beefalo, especially the babies; -Frogs; -Saplings (?); - Abigail's Bow; -Wee MacTusk.

• Haha 2

gallusvarius    923
5 hours ago, minespatch said:

5b222d1273331_Wilsonamongpengulls.thumb.png.f259dfdfd3c2c05bb5bb3fafaca0b2f4.png

Heh. This reminds me of how very protective wild penguins tend to be of their young here on earth. I expect that researcher knew what he was doing and knew it was safe to nuzzle that hatchling for whatever reason, but is Wilson here in danger?
Pengulls have always been pretty protective of their eggs after all.

I like the color you used for the background though, it's really nice. And very fitting. I think it's a pretty pleasing piece, there's not a whole lot of pengull depictions out there. 

• Thanks 1

ResettePlayer    6029
5 hours ago, minespatch said:

Originally I just intended to draw Metheus alone but I felt inspired by how powerful the throne is by referencing Wilson's fate.

And here I was thinking that Wilson spent about fifteen minutes on the throne before Charlie swooped over like "hey, that's a nice throne you got there."

Still, a neat idea and a neat illustration. Love Wilson's screaming--he definitely didn't sign up for this. I've been harassing my friends about the Metheus puzzles, yet they don't seem too interested. Oh well, can't expect everyone to obsess over lore.

• Haha 1

gallusvarius    923

ue to the Nightmare Throne being the heart to THEM, figured it could give the sitter visions

I always figured the same thing, that Them would whisper dark secrets in your ear or whatever. Or maybe dark lies. Probably both. Whatever they could to make it legitimately torturous in a way that could effect the sitter such as Maxwell had been, surely. 
I always imagined that this is what the 'Triumphant' skins were, and thought of them as kind of being different personalities because of it, such as William Carter and Maxwell are kind of different too. 

16 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

Still, a neat idea and a neat illustration. Love Wilson's screaming--he definitely didn't sign up for this. I've been harassing my friends about the Metheus puzzles, yet they don't seem too interested. Oh well, can't expect everyone to obsess over lore.

I haven't done Methus yet. If you want someone to harass with it, maybe you could pester me with it? 

1. .

5b2363c727fc0_Nightmarethroneilluminatesthepast.thumb.png.63edc6b928f7354de5b77464a1ead04e.png

The colors are definitely impressive and stand out, and exceptionally mysterious and other-worldly. I think you did really well with it.

• Like 3