1 hour ago, minespatch said:

Thank you...?

On 4/20/2018 at 1:35 PM, minespatch said:

he lady living with us is adding more curfews onto my life so my artistic freedom is being chained. My boss called me in earlier so I didn't have time to ink my work and relax my mind before work. Just having a rough day today.

On 4/20/2018 at 3:26 PM, Raspberry Milk said:

You poor thing

I couldn't tell if you were sarcastic with that comment. Sorry man.

On 4/21/2018 at 5:23 AM, DragonMage156 said:

And nice SW piece. The colours still work really well, despite the fast colouring.

Someone on discord described it as deepfried so I agree with that.:wilson_ecstatic:

A948335CFBAC6CCD9D19745B87F6A4CF6F6BFAFA

5adbe65c0e142_Wendyprowlswiththebeefalo.thumb.png.e3b1da87107b3ae3f58f9da5559bedf1.png

Based on a bug report by @EsaiXD . Wendy is supposed to be stoic but due to how animated she looks, I had to do a piece based on how high strung. Threw in mushrooms to add to her hyperness.

5adbe659b87ff_Starversandthebigbigwater.thumb.png.56be68d4bc5fb51460a3d14b7bf39c83.png

Reference to the song "Big big water" from those Land Before Time sequels. IT just screamed Shipwrecked to me.

Edited by minespatch
  • Like 7

5add27ab3a011_Meetingtheskintrader.thumb.png.b094d8b78063f92c645a6ed2797de460.png

If you ever check the trade inn and shake his hand, the skin trader will say this phrase. It's such a small mechanic that it makes me squee when I did it. He sounds depressed most of the time, but his greetings show that he can have a semblance of acknowledging his customer with a bit of cheerfulness... Well, that's how I see it.57a2a6fdf350d_arielcasualshrug.png.a442eaccc7d800078e23056c919d38e4.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Raspberry Milk said:

I never knew that! Thank you for enlightening me in the best feature in this entire game. Gotta love customer service.

10 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

:oI gotta try this!

I've planned on doing this last year but real life stuff interfered. Glad to point you to the mechanic.:wilson_dorky:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, minespatch said:

5ae13a3a2869b_ExcitedforUsurpergloves.thumb.png.86a4dd58b02dc160c9e995d79dcd6454.png

This is me and @mewthemew when we played. My friend wasn't grumpy at the time, I just wanted to draw Max in character.:wilson_ecstatic:

I couldn't stop squeeing over how I got gloves to ones I wear in real life.

Ahaha. I had Max-boi in a dress, though.

Makes me want to draw us both playing our respective characters in the old forge event completely destroyed and battered, black eyes, bruises, missing teeth, but both of us having the biggest grins because we were having FUN anyway even if it was just the two of us at the time. <3

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, mewthemew said:
  1. Ahaha. I had Max-boi in a dress, though.
  2. Makes me want to draw us both playing our respective characters in the old forge event completely destroyed and battered, black eyes, bruises, missing teeth, but both of us having the biggest grins because we were having FUN anyway even if it was just the two of us at the time. <3
  1. Ah! I know why he's not dressed in the dress, the armor obscured that during Forge gameplay. You'd have to take off the armor to see the skin. So sorry for not showing the skin, I was drawing based on the ref I printed out.
  2. That sounds cute! Go for it.:wilson_smile:

5ae298f73e8a3_Quidamgreetedbyshopkeepers.thumb.png.7be505ecfb066de61d557c58a533f47d.png

Quidam from Cirque Du Soliel meets the unimplemented Shopkeepers. I wanted a chance to tackle the other three and it gave me a chance to make the food shopkeeper so sassy. Same we'll never get development on these four.

I have memories of Quidam when I was younger, still have the soundtrack.

Turns out the quality in colors was bad in the last few pieces was due to the saving going for 8 bit rather than higher quality.:wilson_unimpressed:

Edited by minespatch
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, Raspberry Milk said:

I love the aesthetics of the shopkeepers, they remind me of something from a Dr Suess book for some reason, I think it's the obscured faces. Somebody should try to make a mod for them or something.

Yeah, so of the DS style has a Seussian touch to it. I'm hoping the Slipster will get his reveal in the future. The obscured faces kind of also make me think of the elevator man from 5000 fingers of Dr. T.

5ae3d6a14d31d_Youngskeledorkdesign.thumb.png.fc4ec6f2bfa1ec20e2a72dd3f389334f.png

Nothing much DS related today except for this concept. This was my haircut when I was 7 or 9 and I had a huge interest in frogs. So... Copyright free version of Keropii.:wilson_ecstatic:

I have no idea when young skins will ever be a thing but it's a thing the devs have been tossing around.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Hm... this give me ideas for what young Ria would look like.

Alrighty, hope it helps.:wilson_smile:

5ae52c6bb1048_ScreenShot2017-02-22p4.png.ba2c28d1773dce29ea5ed01597a81b49.png

5ae52c6b387f3_beefalobillaboveacattlesnake.png.11d148368679d6518afdc5c3b571713c.png

My father's OC riding the Cattlesnake. I drew these two before but I wanted to tackle what stated above. This is my first time coloring both though.

5ae52c6cda167_Woodiethedreamfinder.png.078da51772d9963497e998a255cd046a.png

Woodie and a wyvernling as Dreamfinder and Figment from Epcot. :wilson_ecstatic:

I based the background coloring after some backgrounds I saw on google images for the Dreamfinder IP. Woodie looks so much like the character, I had to do the crossover. I hope to get the trade for comics in the future. I got the sequel issues last year and liked them.

• Like 3

5ae7c5dbaebd5_Mortychannelsaewelet.thumb.png.19d972b0dfc1af5a9285bf5926318491.png

Another reference to Ewelet having a Rick and Morty mouth. Drew these three drawings during the Jouste stream about Deerclops.

5ae7c5dcd5a1b_Skeledorkandfatherwatchthejoustestreams.png.46a060c2c57f8a59aac89ad6bb880891.png

My father started watching the streams with me at this point. So I had fun drawing the scenario. Jouste is on the top right of the screen.

5ae7c5ddcf6aa_Wickerbottomswampstroll.png.c0f83aae9b16fe2679f61098a438f1f3.png

Jouste was doing his interpretation of CactusQueen and the Cactus stem reminded me of Wickerbottom's bun. So this might be her Verdant skin? I just thought it'd be fun./

• Like 4

Wow, there sure is a lot to look at around here.  Though I had actually visited the art part of the forums silently for a time, I had never been actually present enough to say stuff.

There's quite a few interesting expressions with this character.  I thought the one where (He/She?) ran off with the Gramophone was pretty funny. Many of them are pretty amusing. 

Alas, I have only seen the surface of it all, however. Perhaps it only means more in-depth replies will be to come. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, gallusvarius said:
  1. There's quite a few interesting expressions with this character.  I thought the one where (He/She?) ran off with the Gramophone was pretty funny. Many of them are pretty amusing. 
  2. Alas, I have only seen the surface of it all, however. Perhaps it only means more in-depth replies will be to come. 
  1. Ah yeah, my persona. One of my earlier drawings before I got into the lore of the game. Thanks bud.
  2. I do have information of the persona in the first post but if you have ideas, toss them my way too.

5aea7b5484740_Communistpigman.thumb.png.502f87893caf5a2971e7868764cfdb91.png

Something I planned half a decade ago. I originally wanted to do a piece based on a Tom Waits song with Stalin looking like a piggy. Years later I decided to combine my other old refs with my current so I could bring them up closer to completion. Decided to make a political poster looking thing.

5aea7b57c48db_Ensnaringskinedstarvers.thumb.png.a9447f3e4555466a901645a74b8a3c60.png

My doodle during the art stream. Due to how slow I was, I only drew these two. Decided to have Charlie go for several arms.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Raspberry Milk said:

You have proved yourself a worthy member of the internet.

What did I do?:wilson_ecstatic:

5aebc12e391d1_Manacuringarocklobster.thumb.png.10a211a860992e5b8dd73e57978ba439.png

Idea I had. Seems like the Rock Lobsters tend to look sad in the official art, so I thought I'd cheer them up. Something wholesome, I guess.

• Like 4

On 4/26/2018 at 10:37 PM, minespatch said:
  1. hat sounds cute! Go for it.:wilson_smile:

5ae298f73e8a3_Quidamgreetedbyshopkeepers.thumb.png.7be505ecfb066de61d557c58a533f47d.png

Quidam from Cirque Du Soliel meets the unimplemented Shopkeepers. I wanted a chance to tackle the other three and it gave me a chance to make the food shopkeeper so sassy. Same we'll never get development on these four.

I have memories of Quidam when I was younger, still have the soundtrack.

These are some of the ideas for the shop-keepers they originally wanted to add, huh? It was quite interesting to read about them, and I really like seeing them drawn and even more, how well you depicted them.   I like how you added a 'headless' one, I don't remember the original concept but either way it's definitely a neat option to go with. 

Klei never added them, I can see how it might interfere with the game play and difficulty if they did..   But maybe that's why they're making Hamlet. Finally fulfilling those shop-keeper dreams they had all along.