On 6/19/2018 at 5:54 AM, DatShadowJK said:

Ah, good times

On 6/19/2018 at 11:34 AM, gallusvarius said:

The treeguard looks irritated  with that tornado. "Oh c'mon why they heck are you spinning around me, get out of here, who even put you here??'

On 6/20/2018 at 1:45 AM, DatShadowJK said:

It happened, I tell you this.. Or maybe the purple reanimated skeleboi.

Yup, if you use the weatherpain too many times, Treeguards will get after you. PArt of the mechanics.

6 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Are you also gonna do one for the victorian/Gorge chests? :p

Yup, I got some more I need to tackle, so you're right.

JimmyJam

dsbeta_sm.pngdstbeta_sm.pngonibeta_sm.png
  • JimmyJam
  •  
  • 766 posts
On 2/24/2017 at 3:52 AM, Sinister_Fang said:

It's times like this that I hate how I have no artistic skills or knowledge of modding DS/T. If I did, you'd have a mod made from this suggestion/joke.

This is my best work! haha

barmoro.png

PanAzej

dstbeta_sm.pngonibeta_sm.png
  • PanAzej
  •  
  • 622 posts

ballonfaloooo.jpg

Balloon Beefalo:

- Extremely expensive

- Extremely inefficient

+ Bragging rights

5b2b46b60684e_Wesamonghisballoonbeefalo.thumb.png.c10302b874aa474af7d3b51d3ad60506.png

My attempt at tackling both @JimmyJam and @PanAzej's Balloon weapons concepts.  Wes goes for a Calvary general here. Leading his beefalo to victory.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

15 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

This is pretty funny,  the idea of it all... You did really well on the balloons and perspective, too.I like this one a lot.

Thanks bud, glad it all came together. Hope the people who came up with the concept see this. They deserve a lot of the credit.:wilson_goodjob:

5b2ca4539c384_Tallbirdsoverlyprotectivemoment.thumb.png.52b1cf523f9bf0747ed12003f6bc1c3e.png

Just a silly idea of a tallbird claiming the m'Goose egg is her own. The dumb M'Goose is too stupefied to really fight back. Just,...Taking in this silliness the way the giant only knows how.

5b2ca45692a3d_WilsonsVargsculptingsession.thumb.png.650a826c9e81b1475625f821ddb2853a.png

Wilson decides to do some art after winning the spoils of the Year of the Varg. He doesn't realize he's got a Klei-brand butt-biter about to go after him.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

See, this is why I don't draw outdoors.

My boss would disagree as a artist.:wilson_ecstatic:

5b2df125b6088_chesteronsnapchat.png.a54a8e803169cf3e4b715ff1d1f7848d.png

Chester tries out Klei's Chester snapchat function. Chester-ception.

5b2df124ccab1_SelfieWes.thumb.png.59a1c4fe3da24c96ea6eba8d56be3118.png

On the Chester art stream a few months back, someone suggested the eyebone be a selfie-stick, so this is the image I can up with. Chester has to deal with being a chair again.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, minespatch said:

My boss would disagree as a artist.

Yeah, plein air is what competent artists do to keep their skills sharp. I'm weak, though.

Also, you NAILED that Wes there. I feel like I've seen that exact selfie a thousand times. So accurate.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, minespatch said:

5b2df125b6088_chesteronsnapchat.png.a54a8e803169cf3e4b715ff1d1f7848d.png

Chester tries out Klei's Chester snapchat function. Chester-ception

This is a really cute depiction of Chester. His feet are especially adorable.

I don't know what snapchat is, but I also didn't know Klei had a chester-oriented version for whatever it happens to be.

• Haha 1

On 6/23/2018 at 5:06 PM, gallusvarius said:
  1. This is a really cute depiction of Chester. His feet are especially adorable.
  2. I don't know what snapchat is, but I also didn't know Klei had a chester-oriented version for whatever it happens to be.
  1. That's how he is in the game. Like my cat, he spreads on all fours and goes "Splat".
  2. Fun times with Chester.
On 6/23/2018 at 2:27 PM, Wesminator said:

My goal in life to look this beautiful.

Go for eeet~!57d631bacce57_arielthumbsup.png.71aea6b049b4193f7eb8af3c03e91415.png

On 6/23/2018 at 9:15 AM, ResettePlayer said:
  1. Yeah, plein air is what competent artists do to keep their skills sharp. I'm weak, though.
  2. Also, you NAILED that Wes there. I feel like I've seen that exact selfie a thousand times. So accurate.
  1. I'm not my boss. He wonders why I draw "tiny cartoons"... He doesn't see how they translate to digital.
  2. Yeah, I think I see way too much of that pose that I got it memorized.
On 6/23/2018 at 3:20 AM, Raspberry Milk said:

Oh dear lord... sexy Wes... my eyes, they burn.

Sorry?:wilson_ecstatic:

5b30b1f44c856_Wickerbottomforgeaccomplishments.thumb.png.deb4f4b738c6a9e535a30796737ff042.png

Inspired by the accomplishments titles for Wickerbottom in the Forge. Since she can do both staves, I wanted to display her mechanics in art form.

5b30b2388adf8_Wxactsonbobfossepreview.thumb.png.e27f83e89a74e69e3c141deb7ccf8c83.pngThis is the piece I was trying to do yesterday but since this piece is REALLY REALLY unlucky, I have to do it tonight. First my boss called me back to his place so I could work on his kindle to get his videos working, then paintdotnet decided to crash the file as it saved(I forgot to resave it thanks to me being confident to think it was saved)... So consider this a preview. I'm really frustrated.:wilson_facepalm:

• Like 5

Fun times with Chester.

Wow, this is pretty interesting. I bet my sisters would go wild over this. Does it just, work on any phone or something?

5b30b1f44c856_Wickerbottomforgeaccomplishments.thumb.png.deb4f4b738c6a9e535a30796737ff042.png

Inspired by the accomplishments titles for Wickerbottom in the Forge. Since she can do both staves, I wanted to display her mechanics in art form.

This is a fun piece, I like how you did the silk armor. It was one of my favorite pieces back in forge.

The staves look really cool here too.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, gallusvarius said:
  1. Wow, this is pretty interesting. I bet my sisters would go wild over this. Does it just, work on any phone or something?
  2. This is a fun piece, I like how you did the silk armor. It was one of my favorite pieces back in forge.
  3. The staves look really cool here too.
  1. Yeah, if you have a tablet with snapchat installed, you can make your family interact with Chester. I want to get a Tablet in the future to try this out with my chester plushie and Gizmo.
  2. Wickerbottom and other staff users would wear that in combat, especially during the Boarrior segment, so it seemed perfect for the piece.
  3. Thanks bud. The accomplishment images gave some glowing effects to their respected staff and I wanted to reference it.

5b31e83893c94_Wxactsoutbobfosse.thumb.png.40efaf6b7a0aed8e90ec5242ab650309.png

FINALLY! Three days of trying to get it done and her it is. WX doing his stage production of Bob Fosse's greatest. I had reference of the bowler hat but I wasn't sure what I should do to draw, so I came up with remembering the show Cabaret and that chair maneuver.

I'll be happy to use a different chair as soon as klei gives me more to work with.:wilson_ecstatic:

• Like 8

7 hours ago, minespatch said:

FINALLY! Three days of trying to get it done and her it is. WX doing his stage production of Bob Fosse's greatest. I had reference of the bowler hat but I wasn't sure what I should do to draw, so I came up with remembering the show Cabaret and that chair maneuver.

It's interesting to see WX drawn by you, it doesn't seem he's one you draw often. I think you did really well, though.

I'll be happy to use a different chair as soon as klei gives me more to work with.

Hmm... Ancient chairs, nightmare throne... Yeah, they don't really have more chairs than that.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, gallusvarius said:
  1. It's interesting to see WX drawn by you, it doesn't seem he's one you draw often. I think you did really well, though.
  2. Hmm... Ancient chairs, nightmare throne... Yeah, they don't really have more chairs than that.
  1. I'd probably draw him more if I knew what to do with him. There's stuff in the future I do want to draw but at the moment, I still find more reasons to draw Wilson.:wilson_ecstatic:
  2. Pipton really needs to go into the Ikea business.:wilson_sneaky:

5b332139c1ccc_scientistyawningsynchronicity.thumb.png.efd550d112439948c950158c363d95ca.png

Jack and Wilson do the yawn emote. It's based after concept art of Wilson holding a teddy bear while in jammies. I probably should've had him holding his coffee cup in another hand.

The pajamas JAck is wearing is from the game Oogie's Revenge. In the movie, Jack's pjs are plain. So... Scary Teddy cameo.

image.png.d613d71d71e02423f3a2d89ecbf18aa8.png

This is a character me and @artistcrab are working on. Dumbella is a goat and to know their personality, you just have to take a gander at what they're next to.36176732_2033578780292596_8419417307947728896_n.jpg.454aad2b1ead8b073d9560b097bcb4fa.jpg

I already inked it but Crab chose colors.

Edited by minespatch
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 1/16/2018 at 8:37 PM, minespatch said:

As my grandma used to say "You hear him twice, he's double nice"

image.png.5d5e92af9e64db24a433026183a2804a.png

5b34738703cd8_Winonadoesasillymeme.thumb.png.5f1707879041068bb3f625b1c73bdc82.png

There was a meme that people were doing on the Jouste stream, so I did a drawing on Winona about. Figured it be a Winona-ism with her wacky down to earth dialogue and Willow having a disconnect. Especially since Wes can't speak. Also got me a chance to draw Wes giving children balloons again. Thought it'd be really cute.

5b34738a77c4b_Wolfgangslunchgetsinterrupted.thumb.png.056c56d4941915dc2d30f70ce9e55a15.png

Another one off the to-do list. Originally this was supposed to be @Quoth143's Bobbie and Charlie but then Winona finally came. so it changed my idea. There seems to be feminism imagery but since Wolfgang was a soldier, he deserved to be in the piece doo.:wilson_ecstatic:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

On 1/17/2018 at 2:37 PM, minespatch said:

As my grandma used to say "You hear him twice, he's double nice"

image.png.5d5e92af9e64db24a433026183a2804a.png

5b34738703cd8_Winonadoesasillymeme.thumb.png.5f1707879041068bb3f625b1c73bdc82.png

There was a meme that people were doing on the Jouste stream, so I did a drawing on Winona about. Figured it be a Winona-ism with her wacky down to earth dialogue and Willow having a disconnect. Especially since Wes can't speak. Also got me a chance to draw Wes giving children balloons again. Thought it'd be really cute.

5b34738a77c4b_Wolfgangslunchgetsinterrupted.thumb.png.056c56d4941915dc2d30f70ce9e55a15.png

He is NOT enjoying that meal.

• Haha 1

On 6/28/2018 at 3:03 AM, Raspberry Milk said:

He is NOT enjoying that meal.

He is, it's just that Wolfgang is distracted by the showtunes next to him. More like he's holding back from spitting out in surprise.

On 6/28/2018 at 3:05 AM, Quoth143 said:

I can totally see the both of them going to rallies. 

It was totally worth it especially with the guest of honor skin.

5b35dcb69d518_WildWildWesandcrime.thumb.png.8d8f4e23bf605c17f7ced5ca3f8eda4e.png

Request from my father. He still can't let go of this pun and wanted me to do a crossover with the Wild Wild West show's opening. I showed him the assets and he chose which ones he wanted. It all started because he saw the eyebone in that one dev artstream and figured it could be a parody of a gun and he went to request this.

It was really fun tackling the limited colors, though that blue strawhat does kill me with laughter.:wilson_ecstatic:

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, minespatch said:

5b35dcb69d518_WildWildWesandcrime.thumb.png.8d8f4e23bf605c17f7ced5ca3f8eda4e.png

This is clever and amusing. Wes looks very timid and uncertain about his situation, too.

I wonder what we would do if the next big event was themed like this. Maybe a desert event after all? With Cactus-Webber's and Cowboy Wilsons? Or really, Wilson would probably be something else. Well, who knows.

• Thanks 1

If you ever have a day when you don't know what to draw (that's rare for you, innit), more Wild Wes will be welcome. Always.

Alrighty, adding on the to-do list: Wilson as Artemis Gordon... And maybe make Maxwell as Professor Loveless, making him even more shorter than Wilson.:wilson_sneaky:

2 hours ago, gallusvarius said:
  1. This is clever and amusing. Wes looks very timid and uncertain about his situation, too.
  2. I wonder what we would do if the next big event was themed like this. Maybe a desert event after all? With Cactus-Webber's and Cowboy Wilsons? Or really, Wilson would probably be something else. Well, who knows.
  1. Pretty much, I'm not in the Wes-is-op crowd. I think that Wes being just a lil' timid feels way more in character from what I've seen. Kind of a Contrast from West in the intro of the show's pose.
  2. If they're doing the rhyming scheme, then it'd be Scourge next. So a desert theme would work. Maybe a Arabic meets Western theme? Would be different.
On 12/19/2016 at 12:24 PM, PanAzej said:

pigxwell.jpg

On 12/13/2016 at 8:08 AM, minespatch said:

ds box elf concept.pngA concept of a Winter feast npc inspired by

@PanAzej's thread.  I saw a magazine cover and the character got doodled out.

On 12/13/2016 at 9:02 AM, PanAzej said:

Reminds me of one of TF2 hats:250px-Holiday_Headcase.png?t=20111216232I could make this an item, but I think it'd be too silly xP

On 12/13/2016 at 9:05 AM, minespatch said:
  1. Like I said, "npc", a character to assist or attack users. Not sure.
On 12/13/2016 at 9:08 AM, PanAzej said:

\Maybe a Scarecrow reskin? But even then, it's too silly xVOr Maxwell's box-followers? Lol.

On 12/13/2016 at 9:11 AM, minespatch said:
  1. Well, I imagine more along the lines of like the umimplemented shopkeeper or the parrot in shipwrecked.Could be. arielcasual shrug.png

5b37379c8729b_MaxwelltheWinterfeastElf.thumb.png.89646642f83c6de0b21b7680137dab1f.png

Oh, Maxwell the Winter feast elf is a disheveled, unhappy soul
He goes around scheming every night to tackle Wilson's plight

So yeah, Maxwell as a Winterfeast elf with some skin concepts. Shadow fencers as elf-sidekicks and a friendly sacrificial elf with stigmata.

Just the idea of this grumpy man as a Christmas elf kills me with glee.5aa76668a4032_arielimpliedevil.png.f2a55a086558e295fb0100772b340f4a.png

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, minespatch said:

If they're doing the rhyming scheme, then it'd be Scourge next

Okay, I feel the need to spread this news-- "Scourge" is pronounced "skerj". As in, it rhymes with "Purge" but not "Forge".

I thought it was "skorj" until I looked it up to check. Alas, it's spelling deceived me.

4 hours ago, minespatch said:

Just the idea of this grumpy man as a Christmas elf kills me with glee.

That's like Maxwell's purgatory. Bringing joy to others. I could almost feel sorry for him. Heh.

• Haha 1

Pretty much, I'm not in the Wes-is-op crowd. I think that Wes being just a lil' timid feels way more in character from what I've seen. Kind of a Contrast from West in the intro of the show's pose.

Interesting. I see him as being a timid character as well. 
I mean, survival does depend on the player in a sense, so I like to leave whether he actually dies or not vague, but things are harder for him no matter how you cut it, it seems. I would predict that even if he could fight (Survival skin indicates some form or fashion of him can, defensively.), that he might prefer not to and would always just flee if given the option.   Already as more aggressive characters, if I'm traveling off to get rocks and accidentally irritate a tallbird, I don't go out of my way to fight it, I just run away from it so I can finish my rock-collecting business... Basically, to me, this Wes seems very fitting and in-character. 
I think I like most of your depictions of him.

5b37379c8729b_MaxwelltheWinterfeastElf.thumb.png.89646642f83c6de0b21b7680137dab1f.png

Oh, Maxwell the Winter feast elf is a disheveled, unhappy soul
He goes around scheming every night to tackle Wilson's plight

So yeah, Maxwell as a Winterfeast elf with some skin concepts. Shadow fencers as elf-sidekicks and a friendly sacrificial elf with stigmata

This is pretty funny. The intense... Hatred? Depicted on Maxwell's face may be the best part.

• Haha 1

1. Okay, I feel the need to spread this news-- "Scourge" is pronounced "skerj". As in, it rhymes with "Purge" but not "Forge". I thought it was "skorj" until I looked it up to check. Alas, it's spelling deceived me.
  2. That's like Maxwell's purgatory. Bringing joy to others. I could almost feel sorry for him. Heh.
  1. It's alright. Maybe they'll make events with words ending in "rge"?
  2. Seems like his community service the other residents force him to do for atoning his trickery.
16 hours ago, gallusvarius said:
  1. Interesting. I see him as being a timid character as well. I mean, survival does depend on the player in a sense, so I like to leave whether he actually dies or not vague, but things are harder for him no matter how you cut it, it seems. I would predict that even if he could fight (Survival skin indicates some form or fashion of him can, defensively.), that he might prefer not to and would always just flee if given the option.   Already as more aggressive characters, if I'm traveling off to get rocks and accidentally irritate a tallbird, I don't go out of my way to fight it, I just run away from it so I can finish my rock-collecting business... Basically, to me, this Wes seems very fitting and in-character. I think I like most of your depictions of him.
  2. This is pretty funny. The intense... Hatred? Depicted on Maxwell's face may be the best part.
  1. The best scene that sums up Wes is the one where Wigfrid forced food into Wes's mouth. He looks overwhelmed by the situation he's in and has a meek attitude. So... Not exactly as OP as the fandom jokes about.:wilson_ecstatic:
  2. He's trying hard to keep his gentleman act up but there is a hatred burning up inside. Like a tea kettle ready to explode.

vlcsnap-2018-06-30-20h27m38s331.png.8d6e87b6ed43a1fda2a0329bee4cf4ac.png

And here's the full context:

Spoiler

5b388407e601f_DQ8Wilsonaccidentallyleers.thumb.png.11efe9b4cabfe1cb912b08181c6e57a3.png

Let me first apologize to all Willow mains. I reduced Willow to a boob joke even though the joke is more on Wilson's obliviousness.

I really wanted to do this scene for the longest time since the Hero's blank expression was way too funny not to translate to Wilson. For Angelo, I always pictured @Quoth143's Albert for the role. Since the Templars in the game are like cops. Since blue is Albert's motif, I switched the color schemes to fit Wilson and Albert but left Willow with the same color schemes for Jessica.

It's fun taking these quotes out of context and copy pasting them with my art. Though the backgrounds are lazy saturation and hue changes to match the mood of the panel.

Was this comic a tad too... Naughty for this forum?57a54933963ed_arielsweats.png.7e7d7f360bc047ce1e14cd4d6acd52e6.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2