17 hours ago, Szczuku said:

c_spawn("deerclops") :wilson_dead:

Could be worse if you added a ",100".:wilson_sneaky:

17 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

It does look somewhat like a stained glass mosaic though. Now I want to draw the church of Don't Starve.

574a5b8a68281_20160528p2-Wilsonspreadshisknowledge.png.d774de6c2a72c96040168ad269c2f6d5.png5749070e6d650_ScreenShot2016-05-27at10.19.00PM.png.c1d229039d5624a73c7e15d68fb311fd.pngThere you go.57c2ad5a07750_arielIDface.png.e651309f8eda0362b78b112fd7cf90e2.png

15 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

Ah, just like Lucy. I remember trying to pick her up for a friend when he turned werebeaver, she wouldn't let me. Wes's expression as this axe suddenly screams at him and magically spews saliva he didn't think it had - That face is really good. 

Yeah, Wes is the unintentional victim here. Lucy's a sweet girl but everyone has their bad days. :wilson_ecstatic:

I think this drawing was unintentionally inspired by those scrapped quotes in the forge. Lucy was really angry when people other than her husbando held her. It's even sadder when you read the depression in Woodie's dialogue in the gorge.:wilson_shocked:

vintage-day-of-the-dead-skeleton-man-stavintage-day-of-the-dead-skeleton-girl-st

5b5589e717c93_20180723-Pithposadaskins.thumb.png.bac6912311b251dfe4f430d5d8310f47.png

So I wanted to draw this to get this off my references and I really liked the concept enough to do it sooner. Dia de los Muertos skins. :wilson_smile:

If I could give them a name, it'd be the Posada Pith collection. I own a book on his art and it kind of has Don't Starve's humerous horror(not just his day of the dead stuff but his children adventure stuff).

4rwcVaK.gifMy reaction when finishing the digital version. I can't ever tell what my finished product will look like.:wilson_ecstatic:

Yes, I want a skeleton kittykit.:wilson_sneaky:

• Like 6

5 hours ago, minespatch said:

574a5b8a68281_20160528p2-Wilsonspreadshisknowledge.png.d774de6c2a72c96040168ad269c2f6d5.png

Oooh, yes, I'll have to expand on this.

depression in Woodie's dialogue

"I only cry tears of joy."

Yep, definitely lying. I tend to think everyone's depressed though.

Dia de los Muertos skins.

4rwcVaK.gif

I... I want to believe

Perhaps, if we're consistently insistent, maybe one day we can have both Day if the Dead and Venetian Masquerade skins. Both.

[sighs wistfully] In a perfect world...

• Thanks 1

On 7/23/2018 at 9:57 AM, ResettePlayer said:
  1. Oooh, yes, I'll have to expand on this. "I only cry tears of joy." Yep, definitely lying. I tend to think everyone's depressed though.
  2. Perhaps, if we're consistently insistent, maybe one day we can have both Day if the Dead and Venetian Masquerade skins. Both.
  1. The poor guy had a lobotomy, he's just trying to be optimistic to hide the pain.5912637e2cb1b_arielhappycry.png.a5cebf5fc8ab2e1758db96a94daab73a.png1e61a3fa74174c9b372a0fa66568ff35.png
  2. In the meantime, we can do our own concepts.:wilson_goodjob:
On 7/23/2018 at 11:02 AM, gallusvarius said:

This is a really cool idea!  And very well drawn too, all the colors are nice.  

Dia de los muertos is very colorful. Bright neon colors with complementary choices. I highly recommend you check the playthrough of Psychonauts's Black Velvetopia for more of the Hispanic color pallets.

18 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Not gonna lie, I thought of Coco when I saw that piece (man I need to watch that movie).

17 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

Truth be told, I looked it up in my library system and ordered it right after seeing this.

If you're going to watch Coco, be also sure to check out Book of Life and Halloween Tree. One has Ron Perlman in a goth MLP Discord cosplay and the other has Leonard Nemoy playing Maxwell teaching about Halloween.

5b58241d26416_20180725-Willowclensedbythefire.thumb.png.e45cff2242e76b75347d00aafe96657f.png

Soooooooo finally got this done.5926b186e81bb_arielartcrash.png.95d2e10fbe5eb00852b28ae6b1c7d506.png

Can you believe I crashed on my keyboard yesterday due to me having a really happy day? I managed to work things out with my boss, finally got a copy of C.S. Lewis's Screwtape Letters, and had a nice dinner with my father. Though this piece became a afterthought due to me trying to watch something while also not letting the heat lull me to sleep. So I was torn between "I can finish this" to "Yup, I need bed earlier that day".

This is based on the Alice Cooper's "Cleansed by the Fire"

This was next on the to-do list so I can cross this off now.

All I knew for a year or so with the concept was Willow and Charlie with characters on the sides applying to the lyrics with their personality.

The song featured is from one of my favorite concept albums and comics. Dealing with faustian deals, morality tales, theatrical showmen, battles for the soul, etc. Neil Gaiman and Michael Zulli working on the comic to flesh it out. The Dave McKeane album art gives a different story compared to the Neil Gaiman story but I highly recommend both.

I was torn with Wickerbottom being under "sin" but reading those skin descriptions... Now I feel a little relieved that it fits. I kind of find it interesting how the choices I used tend to fit themes. Wx and Winona being both mechanically related, Wendy and Wickerbottom representing opposite age spectrums... Not sure about Wilson as light though.:wilson_ecstatic:

Poor Webber trapped as a pun and being accused a liar by Alice Cooper. Tsk tsk.:wilson_sneaky:

• Like 5

7 hours ago, minespatch said:

finally got a copy of C.S. Lewis's Screwtape Letters

I know this book, it's a nice book.

7 hours ago, minespatch said:

5b58241d26416_20180725-Willowclensedbythefire.thumb.png.e45cff2242e76b75347d00aafe96657f.png

I didn't really know where this was from, but the character expressions seem to really fit the quotes given to them somehow. That and the ones you chose for each part. Webber has a look of despair of some kind. This seems to be very well done!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, gallusvarius said:
  1. I know this book, it's a nice book.
  2. I didn't really know where this was from, but the character expressions seem to really fit the quotes given to them somehow. That and the ones you chose for each part.
  3. Webber has a look of despair of some kind. This seems to be very well done!
  1. So happy I own a copy, it's a fun political satire with theological elements.
  2. The song lyrics are featured in the video I posted.
  3. Webber has the "What am I doing in this drawing" type of look. Kind of like my cat Gizmo when she's in between a door and torn between going out and staying in.

5b597ef1a0cf8_wilsonborrowswickerbottomsbook.thumb.png.91dfcdf0c6dfb4df3c4a3d796b9f4a33.png

Wilson "borrowed" one of Wickerbottom's books to try learning how to re-read again. Wickerbottom is more concerned over Chester slobber than Wilson's robbery.

Tried to mimic the white outline in the official art. Just doesn't match to the angular feeling of the promo art. Still a interesting experiment but missed out on two other drawings due to me being late when returning home.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, minespatch said:

Tried to mimic the white outline in the official art. Just doesn't match to the angular feeling of the promo art. Still a interesting experiment but missed out on two other drawings due to me being late when returning home.

Do you have a tool in your digital program that lets you make a series of completely straight, but connected lines? Maybe that would help the line look more angular. 
That and, it looks like you lay down faint layers of color over things for color and lighting. Don't worry, it's a bit part for my own digital artwork too, but your 'paper' outline seems tinted in color by these color layers.  Maybe you don't use them and this was the original color selected, but... If not and if they're tinted, maybe trying to free them of the tint would help. I'm less certain about this color-thing though, I may very well be wrong. 

That book looks like it contains either math or more evil runes. What is Wicker writing in it? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, gallusvarius said:
  1. Do you have a tool in your digital program that lets you make a series of completely straight, but connected lines? Maybe that would help the line look more angular.
  2. That book looks like it contains either math or more evil runes. What is Wicker writing in it? 
  1. So I found the problem today. It has to do with the softness of the overlay effect. If I left it be less soft, I would've gotten the result I wanted.
  2. Seeing that Kris and the devs are implying a hidden nature in her skins, maybe she is? I just figure that the forbidden knowledge featured in the trailer is stuff that could pop up in Wicker's books. I was kind of inspired by my alchemy text books like Key of Solomon and a few others. To be honest, alchemy feels like a science with graphs, charts, coordinates, and etc.
@AlbertDelRiver
On 2/27/2017 at 5:57 AM, Flare2V said:

Maxwell's makeover from DS to DST was absolutely fantastic,

On 2/27/2017 at 6:52 PM, minespatch said:

Imagine.... Chibi charlie.

kill_it_with_fire_square.jpg

That's some nightmare fuel, I can't imagine her thick body being ruined for game play reasons!

5b5ad06d2985a_triggeringoverChibiCharlie.thumb.png.f7f986ca713e8c011266ea1351c6ac2b.png

@AlbertDelRiver's over the top reaction was too hilarious not to pass up. Had to look up Camel anatomy for this one. Not exactly sure what the problem is, if Maxwell can shrink to Napoleonic size, why not Charlie.

I tried to get my hat the actual color scheme. Light with the lines but i's a mostly dark hat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5b5c199297f5f_tobythedevilstoastconjursbutter.thumb.png.793c995ac12c2513e243d2ff45eba4cc.png

@jouste's friend Toby the Devil's toast from Germany conjures a butter-fly from the game. It's only natural for bread to have a greed for butter. Not sure if Devil'stoast has a forum account or not.5aefdeba06b63_wilsonthonc.png.e1a6c19d47df44913f8d49249edbad85.png

5b5c1996a1580_Catcoonhatchbirth.thumb.png.c49fa27218aead2f523312e4cad3464d.png

Catcoon gives birth to a second Hatch. It's kind of disgusting how Hatch's give birth in Oxygen Not Included, but the catcoons spew things in a similar manner.

I'm kind of understanding the technique of bigger lineart overlay but it still looks soft at points.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, minespatch said:

's friend Toby the Devil's toast from Germany conjures a butter-fly from the game. It's only natural for bread to have a greed for butter. Not sure if Devil'stoast has a forum account or no

Interesting. Did the butter and flower aid in the summoning or did they come with the butterfly? 

• Like 1

On 7/28/2018 at 6:36 PM, gallusvarius said:

Interesting. Did the butter and flower aid in the summoning or did they come with the butterfly? 

Sorry for the wait, I'm sure the butter came first before the butterfly. Butterfles pop out of flowers and then butterflies murdered make butter. Cycle?

588497c65ec72_arielconfusedshrug.png.7e28189e6a68c2fc214fa6e2c0815879.png

5b616855635f0_Wilsonhasamoochstaring.thumb.png.943a7945c7088509e79448101b08a32a.png

Wilson suffers something my father has to do daily with my cats.:wilson_ecstatic:

This piece is really naughty, took me three days before I was sure I saved this. Now I can work on that comic with Hot Lava, ONI, and Pugna tomorrow. This week has been a rough ride.

Hopefully the outline line feels more like the cutout graphic from the trailers now. I might have to add undershading in future art.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, minespatch said:

Hopefully the outline line feels more like the cutout graphic from the trailers now. I might have to add undershading in future art.

Hmm, it looks a little closer, but still looks like you just drew around it. Is that what you want? Don't Starve style has an angular paper cut-out thing.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20160426013116 

The white follows the outline fairly closely, but only with straight lines. Look at the negative space between his arm and torso. It's a four sided shape.

When I did a similar effect for ShWoodie Four, I used the polyline selector tool on a layer between the character and the background, outlined the character (in smaller sections), then filled in the selected area white.

Spoiler

5b61a83d3ac13_Screenshot(28).thumb.png.83ea9763e39d564e2f3780f947407b31.png

This is what it looks like without the colours and lineart over top.

shwoodie4.thumb.png.e91f3cb4e64ff37706d24da6d5fc502d.png This is the final product.

I don't know if your program has a straight-line-lasso thing, but you should consider that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/1/2018 at 8:35 AM, ResettePlayer said:

Hmm, it looks a litWhen I did a similar effect for ShWoodie Four, I used the polyline selector tool on a layer between the character and the background, outlined the character (in smaller sections), then filled in the selected area white.5b61a83d3ac13_Screenshot(28).thumb.png.83ea9763e39d564e2f3780f947407b31.pngtle closer, but still looks like you just drew around it. Is that what you want? Don't Starve style has an angular paper cut-out thing.I don't know if your program has a straight-line-lasso thing, but you should consider that.

Since I'll be working on a piece with a simpler theme tomorrow, I'll try to work with what you posted.

On 8/1/2018 at 10:14 AM, gallusvarius said:

Heh. It can only be a cycle if the flower grows out of the butter, though?  I wonder how disappointed that slice of evil toast will be when he learned the dropchance for butter from butterflies is 2%

That'll be one sad poor person thing.

5b63ffece6ea6_20180803-ThegreatForgeescape.thumb.png.fd822215b37ed22faab5ee851edbf197.png

As GAT and team are trapped in Pugna's Peg/barrel/thing, They cross universes and find themselves on a inahbitated asteroid.

I would've had this done yesterday but I was distracted. So finally got this one. On the same day as Klei Rhymes with Play 200. Woot.

5b0cece6cb361_Wilsonthebedtimereporter.png.1e15891601fd12164036a854f3b80087.pngNow off to bed for me

• Like 6

5b655ad0473ef_Shadowshavingaprom.thumb.png.5845794925db2930a5a831cb20caa217.png

I wasn't exactly sure what to draw when Jouste assigned shadows as the topic for the challenge. So I doodled a terrorbeak and Crawling horror going to prom. They don't have much personality besides stalking soooooooooooooooooo- I decided to add a legible font when I realized the new rose font I downloaded was illegible.

:wilson_ecstatic:

5b655ad4ecedc_MaxtriestowinWespopularity.thumb.png.8f6014f45cef638c5372e5f756d1855d.png

I have this problem if I draw Wes's face a smidge wrong, he turns into Maxwell. Decided to toy around with that idea with Max stealing Wes's clothes to hack his way into popularity. Mime-magic isn't learned but he's soon learn with a throttling from the silent "duelist".

I think I kind of got a idea of what Resette said but I don't think my selecting was not angular enough.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

On 8/4/2018 at 3:08 AM, minespatch said:

5b655ad0473ef_Shadowshavingaprom.thumb.png.5845794925db2930a5a831cb20caa217.png

These are pretty funny/cute. Curious how there is many roses - while of course roses are the symbol of romance and fitting for a prom, I also know they're the clearly depicted symbol of Charlie. 
I love the eldritch writing included on the banner. 

On 8/4/2018 at 3:08 AM, minespatch said:

5b655ad4ecedc_MaxtriestowinWespopularity.thumb.png.8f6014f45cef638c5372e5f756d1855d.png

Heh. I think I see what you mean with some of your drawings of Wes.
This is a charming concept, or to say, rather amusing. It's interesting to see Wes actually look... Angry, for once. I like seeing the characters expressing full ranges of emotions.
I'm sure, when faced with the wilderness, all the characters must face all the ranges of emotion at some point or another. Except maybe happiness for some, like say, Maxwell... But maybe even he could know relief when beefalo handle the hounds for him, even if that isn't any real happiness. 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Docile_Drecko said:

I noticed that a lot of your lineart has a bluish appearance. Just wondering what is the reasoning behind that? 

Probably that they seem to use a pen to either finalize or merely even to draw their original drawings. Then they seem to edit them later, digitally, to add color. 

• Like 1

On 8/4/2018 at 6:22 AM, DragonMage156 said:
  1. That's the cutest version of terrorbeak and crawling horror, I have ever seen! ^_^
  2. the the Mime Maxwell was pretty funny too >u<
  1. Add bow=insta-cute.  I wasn't really sure what to draw for them so I went with something wholesome.
  2. He tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it didn't even matter.:wilson_sneaky:
3 hours ago, gallusvarius said:
  1. These are pretty funny/cute. Curious how there is many roses - while of course roses are the symbol of romance and fitting for a prom, I also know they're the clearly depicted symbol of Charlie. 
  2. I love the eldritch writing included on the banner.
  3.   Heh. I think I see what you mean with some of your drawings of Wes. This is a charming concept, or to say, rather amusing. It's interesting to see Wes actually look... Angry, for once. I like seeing the characters expressing full ranges of emotions.
  4. I'm sure, when faced with the wilderness, all the characters must face all the ranges of emotion at some point or another. Except maybe happiness for some, like say, Maxwell... But maybe even he could know relief when beefalo handle the hounds for him, even if that isn't any real happiness. 
  1. Oh yeah, roses are the evil flower of this game. One of the good flowers shown in the game but not really stated is one of my favorites Chrysanthemum. Wouldn't be shocked if Webber's verdant skin would make him a yellow Chrysanthemum.:wilson_ecstatic:
  2. It's not even a eldritch font, it's the LMS rose font. I would stuck with a fancy font to accompany the "Dingleberry" font but I executed this instead. The LMS font was so illegible, it added a fun quirk to the art.
  3. Wes just doesn't like his visual copyright infringed.:wilson_sneaky:
  4. Maxwell's probably most happy when he's scamming someone. Hard habits to break when you leave the throne... Probably.
2 hours ago, Docile_Drecko said:

I noticed that a lot of your lineart has a bluish appearance. Just wondering what is the reasoning behind that? 

2 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

Probably that they seem to use a pen to either finalize or merely even to draw their original drawings. Then they seem to edit them later, digitally, to add color. 

I use blue ballpoint pens. The ink feels smooth on the receipt paper as I draw. Sometimes the blue helps me out to distinguish from black or white drawings on their own accord.

5b67f7b7a9053_20180805-FilmmakerCasepage9.thumb.png.398f18ab1323b1516a9c6c38ee1b559d.png

Page 9 to the thirteen page Filmmaker comic is done. Decided to do some Jojo's Bizarre Adventure coloring with the third panel. This page is a lil' lazier than the others but hopefully the message still comes across.

If anyone wants to remake all thirteen pages, be my guest.

5b67f7b2ab7a4_HiggsburyandLaytonconstructadog.thumb.png.e89dc7333a09e9d6898fa719dce07636.png

And another one off the to-do list. Mr. Layton and Mr. Higgsbury do what men do for hobbies while the kids are excited for a new P U P P Y.

I always found that "Gizmo" bonus content interesting and though this would be a science project Wilson could do.

Changed the expressive eyes I gave Luke, and copy pasted from official art. The little kid has those eyes similar to chiaotzu from Dragon Ball.

• Like 6

Oh yeah, roses are the evil flower of this game. One of the good flowers shown in the game but not really stated is one of my favorites Chrysanthemum. Wouldn't be shocked if Webber's verdant skin would make him a yellow Chrysanthemum.

Rose are evil in the game's lore? I thought they were more like sadness. A reminiscent bit of Charlie's former self, shining through the darkness... A depiction of sorrow, or a reminder for who she is or once was, a symbol of Charlie herself and therein her semi-tragic story. 
Likewise I didn't know there was a counterpart to the roses. Was there some other flower she liked? I knew They were a constant force of 'evil' in the Constant, but I didn't think there would be a 'good' force or that it would have a symbol. 

The LMS font was so illegible, it added a fun quirk to the art.

Ah, it definitely did. 

• Wes just doesn't like his visual copyright infringed.:wilson_sneaky:
  • Maxwell's probably most happy when he's scamming someone. Hard habits to break when you leave the throne... Probably.

It appears not. That and, he can't verbally renounce/correct any of the lies/rumors Maxwell might spread about him.
Ah, yes, of course that would make Maxwell happy. I suppose, even when on his own, feeding a pig and sending it on a suicide mission against a tentacle must at least do something for him. 

5b67f7b2ab7a4_HiggsburyandLaytonconstructadog.thumb.png.e89dc7333a09e9d6898fa719dce07636.png

Hey, I know this guy! Me and my father played one of these games on a small hand-held gaming thing, a DSI I think. It was a long time ago, when I was much younger.
You got those characters really well, it's a little nostalgic for me. 

• Thanks 1