2 hours ago, Bebbit said:

I like those skin designs. Especially the Triumphant one. That's probably how I would look if I were sort-of-enslaved by malevolent shadows from another world.

Exactly, the funeral director look just fits the theme of the game.

1 hour ago, Quoth143 said:

It all looks fantastic!

You're a big inspiration, you helped me out big time with your concepts. :wilson_wink:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, minespatch said:

and I really need to do more Wolfgang

WILLOW = 
REVIVER = "%s is very nice, when not light moustache on fire.",

MERMHEAD = 
GENERIC = "What a handsome devil!",
BURNT = "Not so nice looking now.",

GIFTWRAP = "Wolfgang needs help tying little bow.",

^Wolfgang quotes I got ya that I thought would look nice and that last one could be a Wolfgang and Wicker one.

But you don't have to make any of them if you don't want to, just trying to help with the lack of Wolfgang. :) 

I loved the balancing act Wicker piece btw. xD

Edited by GiddyGuy
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, GiddyGuy said:
  1. ^Wolfgang quotes I got ya that I thought would look nice and that last one could be a Wolfgang and Wicker one.
  2. I loved the balancing act Wicker piece btw. xD
  1. Wow... That Merm quote. That's art fuel.
  2. Figured. It was a simple sketch but I imagine she'd do a Bhuddist thing like that sometime, plays along with the usual stereotype of practicing to be a lady in society.

• Like 1

It's been a while since I've seen your fancy coloured artworks. You are really good at it.

On 13.12.2016 at 2:08 PM, minespatch said:

I'm pretty sure Wilson and Jack would be equals in friendship.

Nice crossover! I couldn't have thought of it for love nor money :p

On 13.12.2016 at 2:08 PM, minespatch said:

Making science, making science

She's awake now, and won't the subjects be surprised.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mobbstar said:
  1. It's been a while since I've seen your fancy coloured artworks. You are really good at it.
  2. Nice crossover! I couldn't have thought of it for love nor money :p
  3. She's awake now, and won't the subjects be surprised.
  1. I can color easier now that I have this laptop. So I can get back to coloring the works the way I want on a regular speed than once in a blue moon. Mac doesn't have paintdotnet and firealpaca doesn't have all the features that the paintdotnet community has.
  2. I knoooooooow~! I've done this crossover a while ago and wish to revisit it in the near future in fanfiction form now that I can understand the game fundamentals and character reactions.jack skellington meets maxwell.png(Did this piece a whole while back).
  3. Hot damn! Thanks for finishing the lyric! I was having the hardest time figuring how to DS-fy it.
On 9/25/2016 at 5:03 AM, ScienceMachine said:

Off he goes.pngBoater 1.png

Guess who built their first sail? More to come.

wilbur is too late to warn wilson.png

I wanted to tap into Wilson's jerk/prider side thanks to Machine's piece. So, hence why morality-Tigershark to set him straight. :wilson_ecstatic: I don't want my biased liking for Wilson make him seem like a stoic hero.

notes from the first day.png

So I finally got to play my games just two days ago. I've been preparing to fill my notebook with notes and tactics so I can get a better hang of the game. The phrases seen are the first page findings, and to show I didn't make this up, here's the book:SAM_2003.png

questioning the loading image.png

Time to tap into Meta-Wilson. Something about seeing that machine in the air must be a oddity.

jack makes a spidy friend.png

Seeing all those spiders and eggsacks made me think of Jack. This is probably a bad idea since in the movie, Jack does feel pain(even from a needle). Though just the idea of Wilson fretting from past experience in my mind had to be jotted down on paper.

Also, I finally got the cathood ornament/siren fixed with cardboard ad electrical wire so this is how I intended the original photos.

SAM_2011.pngSAM_2017.pngSAM_2012.png

In person, Wilson is standing on his feet like a little kid wanting to drive and he seems grumpy in certain angles.

• Like 7

Before I go to bed, let me post the stuff I inked yesterday:

20161218-Winter Feast critter madness.png

I knew exactly what I wanted to do when I photographed my local Cookout-burger place, and that was to do another photo college with Winter Feast themes. Especially with Wickerbottom on the bench as a innocent bystander to the pet owner havoc. Poor Wilson in the official art, he has to deal with stuff me and my father have to deal with at home(Like Cosmic constantly perching on the Samurai Armor...:wilson_shocked:). "Curse of the cat owner".:wilson_sneaky:

Maybe I'm bad for drawing Willow cheering her Broodling on to commit fire damages but the idea got a chuckle out of me.

catcoonhugpile.png

This winter has my two cats just trying to find any part of my body as a bed to get warm. So I have to share my own internal conflict with the forum. :wilson_ecstatic:

• Like 9

On 10/23/2016 at 9:44 PM, minespatch said:
  • inktober19 dragonfly flight.pngWillow and larvae reenact the neverending story.

20161220-Willows dragonfly fight.png

Uncovered this piece while I was gluing my doodles into my sketchbook and decided to scan it again and make it a fully digitalized piece. Cue the "flying music" from Neverending Story. :wilson_sneaky:

remove starve.png

I think I'll call this "remove starve". It's a parody of the "Remove kebab" meme. The guy with the accordian in the video looked like Maxwell. :wilson_ecstatic:

wilson tests soilent yellow.png

My last Flight Rising crossover since I planned this way back in September. The dragon is Baldwin, he's a alchemist. Wanted to throw in a piece with him and the alchemist piggo from the artcast a while back. Something about Soilent Yellow makes me think of the spiders in Don't Starve.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Starthefox said:

Very noice. It's good to see that you have a un-crappy laptop now.

Yeah, having a windows laptop feels so relieving. Mac as a brand limited me from the programs I was used to and some programs can only be done through windows(like the game maker games). So being able to use paintdotnet with all the community made effects and the new updates is amazing to me. I can also work on my father's comic on this machine, only needing my old pc for scanning until I get a new scanner.

see you know this is what always interests me and that is just how much your stuff can vary  in style of course you do stay relatively stable however i think my favorite is probably your no outlined pieces            VVVVVVV :encouragement:

On 12/13/2016 at 7:08 AM, minespatch said:

20161212p3-Bobby in the big green hat.png

• Like 2

On 12/22/2016 at 2:24 AM, EsaiXD said:

see you know this is what always interests me and that is just how much your stuff can vary  in style of course you do stay relatively stable however i think my favorite is probably your no outlined pieces            VVVVVVV :encouragement:

Now, to clarify, I really want to post and do more of that art. IT's where I can just go crazy with detail and color each line, but man... Does it take a while:

green bobby progress.png

IT's not lineless, I try to make each line a colored line match the black lines of the original so that the colored lines make the figure feel natural rather than flat. I love Disney's traditional animation approach in line coloring that I want to emulate it.

On 12/18/2016 at 7:44 PM, Aileen-Rose said:

I wanted to do this after hearing the awesome music covers people were doing... Then Storm dared me to do it. The rest is history.

>////< Hope you enjoy.

Music - @graycrayon (Awesome music I should add.)

Vocals - Aileen Rose (Yes, that's my voice. >////< )

Artwork - Klei Entertainment

20161223-Braving the staver's carol.png

I probably should've gone to the next screencap but when I read about Aileen being pressured with friendly jabs by Storm, I just had to draw out the scene in my head and go with my colored line technique. Threw in what I assume is Crayon's persona and @Theinsanefruitloop's fatter cosmo to just make the piece feel complete. Sorry about the ugg boots. :wilson_ecstatic:

beard club for dorks.png

Since I own the official Sandy Claws hat with beard, it just made me think how awkward if I barged into the unintentional beard club. ariel ID face.png

Nope, they're not angry, just bewildered.

webber with klaus catcoon.png

So my aunt and uncle sent me a really cute Christmas card that inspired this piece of Winter Feast fluff:SAM_2024.png

I know that kittykits are the craze, but this just called for a adult catcoon(still waiting for baby and teenage hunchbeasts, klei). I know I love to annoy the hell out of my two beebles with my huggles.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Aileen-Rose said:

Funny thing about the outfit you got me in. I have a coat that exact same color and I have boots just like those. XD So it's perfect!

ariel jawdrop.pngHOLY CRAP I'M PSYCHIC.

I was just basing the palette on your avatar but I guess I succeeded. :wilson_ecstatic:

• Like 4

20161227-Starver carol sheet music cover.png

Kind of request from my father. I was thinking of printing out the Starver's Carol so it could rest on the parlor piano and my father wanted to go a step further with slightly editing the original sheet music as well so they two could be together. I'll post the printed version on piano as a photo when it's printed out on both the starver carol thread and here.

On 12/24/2016 at 11:01 PM, toki-wartoothxx said:

1482638455189-1231333028.jpg

cammy and the wormhole.png

The League group is not familiar with Wormholes so they believe Camoflauge is gone for good. So far Sniper has disappeared from their distraction.

ariel cringe.png

Really want a cringe emotion on facebook but I'll stick with this.:wilson_ecstatic:

SAM_2033.JPG

Finally found this particular ornament and placed it in the diorama for a quick photo shoot. Father wants to fix the diorama later with more elements(I'll probably be snipping more spanish moss for grass later).

Didn't expect to post these three days later. My flash drive with my screencaps is not showing up on my laptop so hopefully the library laptop will accept the flashdrive so I can get them off. I need my screencaps for replies. The New Reign thread is gone so replies to that thread are on that flashdrive as well as stuff to post on deviantart and progress pieces I need to finalize. So that really made my Christmas in distress.

• Like 11

So... NEws about the screencap reply pictures. They're on a damaged flash drive. So right now I'm going to try to make money online with my work and see if I can raise up to $4/500 so I can get my flash drives back. So that really set me back.

Anyways, despite Christmas depression over losing files(ONCHRISTMASOFALLDAYS), I managed to finally get to work on lineart. Today I finished my first true art piece of 2017, so I'm really excited and pumped again.

kittykit skins concepts.png

Started off as a prompt from my father after I mentioned pets having skins and I was looking at my Cosmic. Wondering about black kittykits in the future. Father agreed and pressed me to make it. Then @GiddyGuy requested a tuxedo skin concept and came up with this. Prefer the tuxedo design since it's me not going crazy with crosshatching. Though the present does need work when I do another drawing of those gift images.

beefalo bill.png

Another thing from my father's prompting. I was mentioned about how Beefalo having a life cycle and he interjected about a "beefalo bill". So a character concept. Instead of him being human, I imagine him being a living grass man who hides in the grass until a player comes close to his "stead". So a mean character that could be a probability.

hunchbeast life cycle.png

Since I keep bringing it up and I don't hear anything back on the concept, I decided to draw this out after tired of talking about it. "Since Beefalos have a life cycle 'n yadda yadda yadda". Hence why I'd love to see life cycles for the hunchbeasts. It'd show a passage of time and maybe a chance to use a bit of the pet and catcoon abilities with friending the young-hunchlings to act like a potential parent.

SAM_2043.png

SAM_2044.png

As promised, here's the laminated sheet music. I was originally intending on doing a third picture in the parlor but my father wants the sheet music to stay in the nightmare room. I would've have worn my hat under my Sandy Claws hat, but father told me not to. Oh well. ariel bored.png

So here it is on the organ.

20170104-Thulian Shadow Vacuum.png

Finally! The first drawing of 2017 and my chance to tool around with paintdotnet and the game assets that I could find on google images. Unfortunately, I had to make the crafting tab by scratch. I notice one thing I need to work on if I do transparent art again is to make sure the white around characters is erased. Usually this doesn't happen when I color each line so yeah.

This would totally not be in the game due to it being overpowered in game standards. :wilson_ecstatic:

• Like 8

On 10/14/2016 at 11:48 PM, Mezukie said:

Spoder, Mine!.jpegHave a Spoder

spidervest skeledork.png

Wanted to tackle this concept down. The idea of a vest-meets-vehicle is actually pretty cool. There's also subtle changes in the spider design is a nice touch, Mezukie.

On 12/22/2016 at 8:34 PM, Ninjanemo said:

Hey guys, after watching todays stream I made some concept art for the mighty boosh.

The Mighty Booch.png

the mighty thulian boosh.png

Wanted to tackle this as soon as possible and here we go. Added Wilson as a size difference since I wanted to delve into my own inner Ray Harrihausen.

On 12/23/2016 at 8:45 AM, NightWonder7 said:

DS - Who ate my bunwich.jpg"Who ate my bunwich!?"

I eat your bunwich.png

I just had to reference "There will be blood"(even though my first thought was Incredibles which I did in Nightwonder's thread). Though... It looks a little off since I based Wolfgang's pose off the actual actor from the scene. I hope to get Wolfgang better in the future.

On 12/30/2016 at 7:44 PM, Quoth143 said:

fireflies.png

“Charlie, look what I caught!” Bobbie triumphantly held out a jar for her younger sister to see. Charlie watched in awe is two little lights flew in circles around the jar, fireflies. 

“They’re so pretty. They’re like fairies.”

bobbie and charlie childhood.png

Kind of a reply piece to the post. Seeing the younger Bobbie intrigued me. Her anatomy and face seemed different from her adult version so I wanted to tackle this. Also just slightly tweaked the background to emphasize the night and glow from the fireflies.

• Like 7