Wave after Wave

GuyNamedChris

(It works in some sense, but for WaW not so much. The way I see it, the roleplay consists of underlying events and scenarios to stimulate unique interactions between characters. While a story is present it acts more so as a guide to not keep things stagnant. It lacked proper day night cycles and survival aspects for the start, and people joined. They joined for what they saw present. So introducing a new system in the middle becomes lost in habit or simply because it's not what people joined for in the first place. 

Again, that's just how I see it.) 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

(It works in some sense, but for WaW not so much. The way I see it, the roleplay consists of underlying events and scenarios to stimulate unique interactions between characters. While a story is present it acts more so as a guide to not keep things stagnant. It lacked proper day night cycles and survival aspects for the start, and people joined. They joined for what they saw present. So introducing a new system in the middle becomes lost in habit or simply because it's not what people joined for in the first place. 

Again, that's just how I see it.) 

3 hours ago, Youknowwho said:

(BOY YA SHOULDA SAID BEFOREHAND YA GINT)

8 hours ago, MenaAthena said:

(Has anyone even been keeping track of how much food we have, or are you just assuming it's gone?)

(Iirc... it's gone.)

"Hmph!" Otto folded his arms and tapped his foot. Maybe I should blow up half the ship to get everyones attention... actually, that sounds exciting! And it'll get the fire we need. We may loose the ship in the long run but... burnt wood floats, doesn't it?

Otto ran below deck to see of there was any dynamite.

(Oh god, someone please stop him 0_0 plz)

19 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

(Iirc (If I Recall Correctly)... it's gone.)

(So in other words, you're just guessing.

Anyways, we've tried the system out, and it seems to be causing more confusion and inconvenience than much else. In theory it should have helped us all stay on the same page about what supplies we have and keep us from pulling stuff out of nowhere for convenience sake, but with no one actually keeping track of how much we're consuming and/or gaining, it defeats the purpose of having said system in the first place.)

[2:17:58 PM] Mena: I thought I knew what was going on in WaW
[2:18:04 PM] Mena: And now I don't
[2:18:19 PM] Mena: Why is this confusing
[2:18:44 PM] Mena: THIS SITUATION SHOULD NOT BE THIS CONFOUNDING
[2:19:08 PM] ζ: I never know whats going on in waw
[2:20:09 PM] Mena: I'm just going to assume Syndir still hasn't eaten and have Kate angrily shove berries in his face

Kate's expression turned sour as Syndir yet still hadn't taken a berry, and her arms were getting tired. Shifting the basket to one hand, she took a handful of the berries and shoved them towards the mouth area of his mask in annoyance. 

(Be patient, DM. I'm panning on doing something once this interaction is resolved, but I can't do that if Otto's blowing the ship up.)

Edited by MenaAthena

(Oh lord, this has been quite the mess. I think I'm going to discontinue the Emphasis On Survival DLC for WaW. It gets in the way quite a bit.

Also, new character incoming. Adding their app to the OP now.)

(Edit: Also, @CandySweet, you're on the verge of being written off. Please be more active or tell me if you need a break.)

Edited by Chris1488
  • Like 4

(Syndir, how dare you not accept a gift from your goddess!)

Meritursas swims along, looking more and more nervous.  If the situation wasn't so tense, the sight of an enormous terrifying sea monster looking scared would have been comical.

A deep clicking and moaning suddenly rises out of the water, at first only coming from one source.  Then another voice joins it.  Then another, and another, until it turns into a night-deafening cacaphony.

Berry juice dripped down from Syndir's mask.

"Well then!" He hopped to his feet. "Better as a puree, ey?"

Then he marched off, because this simple interaction became a convoluted mess of assumption and over complication. He turned around briefly, and peered at Kate, before walking off.

On 18/11/2016 at 0:16 PM, MenaAthena said:

(Be patient, DM. I'm panning on doing something once this interaction is resolved, but I can't do that if Otto's blowing the ship up.)

(Sssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... Otto doesn't know there's no dynamite)

Otto came back up on deck. "Damn... there's no dynamite"

(Also, I've wanted to bring in a new character for ages now but have restrained myself due to Ysul and CandySweets characters recently coming into it. Hey @Chris1488 ... if Candy's character get written off, can I bring in my new character? Also would you prefer a PM of a post here in a spoiler?)

Edited by DragonMage156

14 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

(Also, I've wanted to bring in a new character for ages now but have restrained myself due to Ysul and CandySweets characters recently coming into it. Hey @Chris1488 ... if Candy's character get written off, can I bring in my new character? Also would you prefer a PM of a post here in a spoiler?)

(Ehhh, I'll see. Lemme think about it.)

Kate watched as Syndir marched off, general confused by the entire interaction. Kade, however, seemed more suspicious. "He's hiding something, Kate." He spoke to her in a hushed tone, "You need to be careful around him; he's always been nutso, and now he's even twitchier than usual. Who knows what crazy idea he has lodged in his brain now."

She gave him a slight tilt of the head and a raised eyebrow. 

"Of course he's nuts! He thinks you're some sort of fire god for pete's sake!" 

She furrowed her brow slightly. He did act kinda weird, but Syndir had never tried to hurt anyone. Most of the time it seemed he was trying to help in some way. He'd helped Noctimus when he was sick, stood up for her with that scary dragon when he was clearly terrified himself, and even helped her with her nightmares. It's not like he really thought she was a fire god anyway; that would be silly. She was just a kid. It was likely just some nickname or silly game he was trying to play with her. All in all, he seemed to genuinely care about her wellbeing. "Maybe a little too much..." Kade added, still being the skeptic.

Even over all the clicking, Kate could still hear the otter scrambling around asking for fire or some source of warmth, which finally brought her attention to the shivering lizard lady. She was at a loss for what to do for a moment. She debated on whether she would be able to use her fire, even a small amount of it, before she remembered the blanket in her hand. The berries went into an empty crate, and she, with a slight bit of hesitance on her face, offered it to the lady. She did hope she'd be careful with her blanket.

On 18 novembre 2016 at 0:18 PM, DragonMage156 said:

(Also, I've wanted to bring in a new character for ages now)

(*coughs blood* I think I'm gonna take that free spot sorry. I've been waiting even more to introduce my other char ehhhh)

(Also idk what to do with Jaw sorry) 

• Like 1

Nadas was wondering already if the dragon outside was warm enough to seek protection from them, although the small little animal was already asking around for some sort of warmth source. The crew was quite the friendly one, and she was very thankful to have finally found others she knew she could rely on, but as soon as she was able to, she'd help with whatever she could.

In between her thoughts the little human appeared. Nadas blinked at her when she approached, pulling herself out of the barrel carefully and standing before her before kneeling down to be as tall as she was, allowing her to gaze into her face. "You... Are offering me the blanket?" Nadas carefully extended a hand and stroked its fabric with her fingers "... Thank you, I promise I'll take care of it, little one. Your name was Kate, was it? Are you feeling okay?" she kindly asked, trying not to shiver too much.

11 hours ago, MenaAthena said:

(What? What'd I do?)

(Just the long post. Dw about it :p )

Otto was deep in thought."Hmm..." He looked around at the other crew members then glanced at Cinis (Wait is Cinis even on board?).

"That's it! Dragons are practically made of fire!"

(Before I post any further, I wanna confirm some things with @RyanandLink)

Wiffleball sat where Kate had left him, apparently lost in thought. He was so out of it, he didn't even react to Syndir's searching nearby. Every now and then, though, he'd nod his head slightly or shake it at seemingly nothing in particular - but for the most part, he just stared off into the distance.