Wave after Wave

GuyNamedChris

There was a moment of silence between Nadas and Kate in which the lizard lady wondered what the past of this kind small human was. She tried not to ask about it though, at least not so soon. Might be seen as inappropriate in human terms.

The sharx that was actually not looking to eat her arrives and offers food to Nadas, who smiles and chuckles at his antics. "Jaw, is it? A bit, I had some fish earlier, but the berries would be a nice snack as well... Thank you, too. I only wish I was fast enough to catch up with you all before you left. Could have helped with my sanity..." she shook her head slowly. "And I could have aided you all, some of you seem to be in... dire conditions, especially the otter, who is clearly poisoned. The sanitary conditions of this ship are simply terrible!"

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ysulyan said:

"The sanitary conditions of this ship are simply terrible!"

Dragon suddenly stuck her head below deck. "Tsk, gurl, you should'a seen it when it was covered in butt seaweed."

Kate scowled and crossed her arms when she saw Jaw had taken some of her berries and was giving them away. I mean, she didn't object to the lizard lady having some, but that wasn't the point! Those were her berries, and he was just giving them away without asking!

Edited by MenaAthena
  • Like 6

Otto looked at Jaw "Why would you waste stuff like that?! Food is food. And in a world like this, it's important not to starve. Just look at me. I've eaten, supposedly, poisonous food and I'm but f- *burp* uh, fine"

He looked at Nadas. "Well this is a boat made of wood. I wouldn't expect it to be the cleanest... don't tell me you gonna go captain on us and tell up to scrub the barracks. I wear the pirate hat on this ship, quite literally I might add" he adjusted the hat on his head "And I work for no one! Why, I've been alone for... well, as long as I can remember"

"Ha ha ha hahah!" Cinis laughed with his booming voice, and got real close up to Otto. "Do you want fire, Otter?" He asked with flames escaping his mouth under his breath. He withdrew again, and looked down at the otter from his current position. "What do I get in return?"

"It's at the Root.  It's this little monster - well I mean, to me, for you it's probably like, gigantic n stuff.  Anyways it lives in the middle of this colony and all the tubes and snappy little heads grow out of it.  It's got the Thing, at least according to what Meri says."

As the events unfold, Nadas first accepts the berries from the friendly sharx, smiling at them. Hearing they ate bad food was a bit alarming to her but she tried not to comment too much about it.

But failed

"You all should be more careful of what you eat," he looked at Otto especially, not exactly amused at the sight of his hat, "it is a miracle you're still alive after eating poison. Thankfully it's not a strong one. But as soon as I get a poison gland I'll make you an antidote."

She blinked when Jaw pat her, staring at him with confusion but also intrigue, wondering why was he leaving so soon? "Oh, thank you again, by the way, kind sharx..." Nevertheless she now stood there with the berries on her hand and decided to offer them to Kate, not really knowing they were hers actually. "Here you go. I'm not really that hungry, and I wanted to give you a proper thanks for sharing this blanket with me."

That's when she realized there was another dragon on board. She stared at Cinis silently, then muttered a greeting with a faint wave of her hand.

• Like 1

Otto hummed, annoyed. "Why is everyone telling what I can and cannot eat?! I am perfectly fine! See look! I can stand up straight without falling over!" Otto didn't fall but he swayed slightly. Otto didn't seem to notice.

"And now I'm gonna sit down!" Falling on his butt seemed a better way to describe it.

• Like 1

"What do I want?" Cinis stared at Otto. "I want your headwear." He said and sneered. 

He noticed Nadas waving at him, and looked at Viridis, then back at Nadas. After a short silence, he spoke his thoughts "You resemble Roots quite a bit. Amusing." and grinned.

--

Viridis looked at Cinis as he mentioned Nadas and herself looking a little alike. She examined herself, and then the lizard lady. 

• Like 1

Syndir threw his arm into the air and brought down his foot, but stopped just before making contact with the deck. He looked around, mumbled under his breath, walked up to the side railing, and laid his head down upon it. His eyelids fluttered briefly, but he kept a sturdy gaze out towards the sea.

7 hours ago, RyanandLink said:

"What do I want?" Cinis stared at Otto. "I want your headwear." He said and sneered.

(I FRECKIN KNEW IT!)

Otto stared at Cinis. "My... hat?" He thought for a moment. "Oh but this is mine! Something I found among the islands when I was first brought here. Besides, it maybe too small for a dragon of your size. However, I can probably go out and find you another one just as good and probably more fitting!"

Edited by DragonMage156

The lizard lady, without hesitation, accepted the rest of the berries and decided to eat a few as well, keeping the remaining fruits on her palm before setting them on the nearest table.

The gecko shook her head as soon as Otto tried to helplessly explain that he was perfectly fine. The signs were there, and Nadas wouldn't ignore them. All attempts to bluff her or persuade her failed. "You need to rest," she repeated.

She stared at Virdis and was utterly confused. "I suppose you are the one he speaks of? The Roots? Are you by chance a nature sprite? You look the kind. Back in my home, some..." she seemed disgusted when saying the next word, squinting her eyes for a second "... shamans commune with these spirits. But you have a physical form and don't mind being in the realm of the mortals."

• Like 1

"Ofcourse no! I am the great Otto! Mere poison and insanity cannot stop me!" He turns back to Cinis "I'll get you your, better than mine, pirate hat and be back in no time at all!" Then Otto runs over to the side of the ship and climbs onto the railing.

(I'm so sorry Ysul! Nadas should be resting but Otto is too busy being a disobedient little sh*t XD)

Edited by DragonMage156

40 minutes ago, Ysulyan said:

Nadas huffed and watched Otto go, poking her head out of the cabin's door and exclaiming, "It's 'course', not 'coarse'! Try not to kill yourself in the middle of the ocean! You're an otter, not a penguin!"

Otto huffs and edits his post.

"Ofcourse I'm an otter. Where did you get the idea I was a penguin?" Otto pauses but when there was no reply, he continued, more so to himself "I haven't had a treasure hunting adventure since... uh... a long time" Then Otto jumps off the railing and into the ocean. He resurfaces and looked for the nearest island. "Ahah!" he spots a jungle looking island "There's bound to be something good in there" he begins to swim towards it. Little did he know that the boat was still carrying on without him.

(Chances are one of the tursais are still pushing the boat along. Maybe there's still a chance to stop Otto... or we could just leave him there :p )

Edited by DragonMage156

5 minutes ago, MenaAthena said:

(... I guess Otto just forgot about the giant, constantly feeing Tursai covering the seafloor for miles around...)

(Welp RIP Otto. Page 242-358 (wow has it really been that long? 0_0))

Edited by DragonMage156
Edited Mena's unedited quote

Otto tries to get past the tail but it's too tall and slippery. Then he tries to dive under it...

Spoiler

breath.png

dive.png

fast.png

I swear WaW has made me learn more about otters than any animal coarse I have taken XD *Ahem* but if my calculations are correct, he should be able to swim half that length before drowning at the very most. That doesn't include how deep otters can dive either. *Ahem* anyway, back to the RP.

It was too deep to swim under. Otto resurfaces and crossed his arms, pouting.

• Like 1