Wave after Wave

GuyNamedChris

Nadas approached the shadow puppy, against her common sense, and attempted to carefully pick him up. She didn't exactly know if she could pick shadows up but she tried anyway.

After that, she would turn to Otto and say, "You're not getting anywhere before you get cured, and I happen to know the cure." she blinked "Just bring me a venom gland, some corals and seaweed."

"That isn't an accurate imitation of - "  Meri starts to say, before Syndir wanders off.  He sighs, before releasing the boat and swimming towards Niella.  He pauses as he sees her freaking out over something.

"Are you alright?"  He asks.

...She doesn't notice him.

He sighs, waiting for her to calm down.

Nadas picked up the incredibly small lil shadow pup with relative ease. He squirmed around for a minute in her cool, scaley skin, before slowly calming down. Noccy's sad, tear filled expression on his face was quickly replaced with one of curiosity as he looked up at the one who'd picked him up.

Timmi stares at the unresponsive Candy, clearly confused. He decides on just returning to Kate's side, joining her in staring at Niella have a conversation with herself.

---

Trevor finally reels in his line with a dogfish about twice the size of a normal one. He shows off his catch in a weird pose.

"Well you told me not to go anywhere but since you want me to go on this daring adventure that THAT I SHALL!" if Otto had a little wooden sword, he would be pointing it to the sky right now.

"CAPTAIN! SET A COURSE FOR THE ISLAND OF SNAKES AND THE CORAL REEFS! The nice... lizard... lady... WOULD LIKE TO ACQUIRE SOME ITEMS!"

(@CandySweet you need to do stuff!)

Edited by DragonMage156
Nadas broke the 4th wall (kinda) and corrected an unnoticed typo.

Nadas gently pat the pup's head with the other hand, blinking at Noccy. She gave him a warm smile.

Then she gasped and strode closer to Otto, tugging the little bipedal furry creature by his tail before he could jump off the railing of the ship, "you're not going to find any seaweed out in the deep sea! Wait until we get closer to an island..."

There was a brief pause.

"Also, it's 'course', not 'coarse'."

• Like 1

"Ah, I haven't seem to have broken the main support for my arm. Which means it should be able to repair on it's own but it ma-" His left arm twitch up and smacked his face. "..... Four?" he said, not really seeing anything but the room as he tried to hold down his left arm to his side.

• Like 1

Niella sighs in relief.  "Ok, just let me know if - "

"can you even hear me?"  Meri asks in a very annoyed voice.

"Oh, sorry.  I didn't see you there....what's up?"  She asks, leaning down to him.

"we need to find...this pyrosome colony's root.  Can you...do that?"  He asks.

"Pfft.  Can I?" She chuckles. "It's easy, I'll just follow their branches along the floor.  Just try to keep up!"

Meri nods, then looks over to the ship.  "time...to go."

10 hours ago, Ysulyan said:

"Also, it's 'course', not 'coarse'."

(Breaking the 4th wall much? :p If it was directed at Dragon Mage then that's definitely game breaking XD)

"HEYEYEYEYEYEYEYEYEYEY!!! HANDS OFF THE TAIL!!" Otto shouted, failing his arms. He turned and tried to scratch her to make her let go.

(Emphasise on "tried". I don't know how think her scales are and also, otters don't tend to have giant cat-like claws :p )

She blinked at him and then carefully placed him on the ground, trying to extend her arm as much as possible to avoid the scratches. "Sorry, but if you jump into the water you might get even worse. We have a whole crew for something, don't we? We could kindly ask the dragon to go search for the seaweed since she can fly." she smiled, "I'm sure she'll understand if it will help for the survivability of the whole party."

Dragon had been casually posing majestically when she couldn't help but over hear, mostly because she was still standing pretty much right next to them, that her assistance was required. Thankfully that rip in her wing was healed over now, even if still a tad tender. She nodded proudly to her distant scaly relative.

Then the small loud animal had to go and make that ungrateful comment. Dragon narrowed her eyes at him. She would not be goaded into exerting herself to prove she was faster than some dragon she didn't even know. In fact, since the rodent had taken such an attitude, she would just take her dear sweet time.

Dragon lazily yawned and took a good while to stretch, stretching her front legs and spine, each wing and back leg one at a time, and her neck, before she took off into the sky and casually hovered about in the air above the ship.

• Like 2

Otto looked up. "Yep. Definitely faster than her" Otto looked back at Nadas "Why can't you let me go? This is the least I could. I've fought shadows on a bit of drift wood before and I have seen any in about two day or so. I'm fine, I'm... perfectly fine" Otto tried to get out of Nadas's grip.

(If she's still even holding him)

Syndir stumbled, and quickly leaned into the walls of the storage room. He then uncomfortably shifted down into a crooked way of sitting, and pulled at his hair.

Just what had that strange object done to him?

This is all you. Not whatever that thing was.

His eyes light up and then his head slumped down taken by fatigue and hunger.

18 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

(I don't even know if he's still getting held by his tail or not)

On 10/22/2016 at 0:50 PM, Ysulyan said:

carefully placed him on the ground

Nadas grinned when she noticed the dragon was departing to help them find some of the ingredients they needed. The gecko waved at her and then turned around to look at Otto. When he talked about fighting shadows and that he was fine, she simply nodded and pat his head gently, "sure thing, little one~"

"Arg!" Otto said in an annoyed tone. He didn't like to be petted cos it messes up his hair/fur.

(Oh I forgot, he's supposed to be wearing a pirate hat!... We'll just pretend he had it in his inter-dimensional pocket behind his back (like all DS characters :p )

Otto flattened his fur tuft (although still had bits of mud in it) and then put on his pirate hat. "Fine! I'm gonna go to the crows nest and resume my duties and DON'T TRY TO STOP ME! If you wanna look after someone, why not give that girl a bath? We had a bit of a mud ball fight in the swamp earlier" and with that, Otto ran off towards the crows nest. Although he still had no idea how to get up there so he just stood on deck, looked up and pondering.

Otto ran over to the side of the boat and looked down at Kate. "Glad I'm not you right now! Not that this lizard lady will let me in the water anyhow"

(Just had a brainfart. Hold on...)

He looked at Kate, presumably still wet. "Glad I'm not in you shoes right now (not like I can get off this ship anyhow... actually I'd love to got swimming right now!" He looked at Nadas. She doesn't look like she's gonna let him go anytime soon. I think we need a diversion...

Edited by DragonMage156