next update?

tommy

I'm just waiting for the next thing Kevin posts. Since you guys are all insane and always break all the codes within hours, I'm sure the next teaser will be encoded 7 times, inverted, reversed, and then scrambled, run through the Large Hadron Collider and broken up into quarks, encrypted, and then converted into a couple lines of Basic that can only be accessed by the Apple IIe in the closet of your old Elementary School.

The first thing I thought of, after Ditocoaf pointed out the purpose of the /s and *s, was morse code, but it came out as gibberish so I gave up. I didn't think of reversing the morse code, I'm a little sad that I came so close to solving it and failed. Anyway as for the message, here's my take (if I left out a part of the message it's because I have no idea what it means).

HER MAJESTY. - Spider queen

A SNEAK PREVIEW OF A NEW ALGORITHM. - A new map generator (this means I'll have to finish my map research).

HUNGRY BABIES. - Smallbirds will need to eat (to prevent flocks of doom).

PARTS OF SPIDERS THAT YOU CAN WEAR TO DO... SPIDERY THINGS. - Clearly this refers to the ability to wear their faces and freak out anybody afraid of spiders. :)

I feel dumb, I read the tease, started reading everyone's research, thought of morse code, reached the point in the thread where everyone said it was trolling, stopped reading, went to work.

I switched it into variable patterns based on which symbols worked with viable morse code letters, put them together, got total gibberish, started thinking it might have a cypher or something, so i started standard letter replacement to try and find something but no combination that resulted in any words worked for the message...Get a steam message from a friend "SPIDER QUEEN IN NEXT UPDATE!" I reply "Where?! Who confirmed it.", he links me back to this thread only a page or two further in where someone ran the morse code backwards and got the full message.

I worry that I might've spent alot more time trying to unscramble the non-existent cypher if my friend hadn't seen procne's post.

Ha, so I was on the right track all along, since morse code is a substitution cipher. The thing stopping me from progressing was the reversal.

"&$" was "a" all right -- you can end a sentence with "a" when it's actually the beginning. and "&&$*$*$&" would be "wen".

Yeah, I never would have figured it out. That had to be translated to Morse code FIRST, to see all the almost-words formed by reversed morse code. Good job, Procne! Thank you.

First we were talking about the update.Then we looked around in the files.Kevin then start malfunctioning and i hypothesized that it was a code.We start trying things and we then began to lose hope.Suddenly someone cracks it and now we're all talking about the code :) Oh how i love this community :D Good job guys!

As far as I know, I think the new additions will be

1. A new armor(Sweater)

2. Snow

3. Implementation of baby beefaloes(beefalo breeding)

4. Abilities for hats

5. Possible Spider queen cause she has the graphics all sorted out

6. Deerclops?

I do hope it's nothing that requires a restart of my world to take effect. I've grown attached to my little island prison. I don't suppose there's any chance Kevin will volunteer an answer for that, is there?

Nice work !

I swear for half a second i thought morse code, but there was something about the patterns that wanted to be a cryptogram. I hate cryptograms so much that I see them where they don't belong.

Anyway what the hell can a big spider have that you could possibly wear? Here i thought spiders were only good for building webs, eating other bugs, and swinging from rooftop to rooftop foiling bank heists. Silk full body suit anyone?

I am impressed thats for sure. Im not sure i fully believe it though but it would appear several people have ran it through morse code. I thought Kevin said it wasnt going to be anything too big that would upset people. Spider Queen sounds like exactly that.

Did Kevin say that it was going to be a small update? I thought that was someone else on the forums saying he thought it was going to be a small update due to the fact its right before the holidays and the staff didn't want any serious complications. Though I could be wrong, only been on the forum for a couple days now. :oops:

• Developer

I'm not sure what that gunk was at the bottom of my last post. I think the forum software is misbehaving.

Anyway, my biggest concern over the break is with stability. I don't want to push out an update that crashes and then take a holiday. There's a bit more leeway with balance issues, although we have to leave the game in a fun and playable state.

There will be a lot of testing going on at Klei HQ over the next two days!

I'm not sure what that gunk was at the bottom of my last post. I think the forum software is misbehaving.

Anyway, my biggest concern over the break is with stability. I don't want to push out an update that crashes and then take a holiday. There's a bit more leeway with balance issues, although we have to leave the game in a fun and playable state.

There will be a lot of testing going on at Klei HQ over the next two days!

Any word yet on whether or not this update is going to require me to create a new world to take effect in my game or not? I really don't want to commit suicide.