So, Pyro is one of the new characters?

It's only to show you the code not to insult you. Just kinding. ;)

Edit : oups, I almost forgot this  :jaded:  :loyal:

Thanks I really needed that. It was so helpful. I almost missed the code without it. Honestly, there's not much point trying to provoke me. It just reflects badly on you, in the end.

Klei, don't become Valve

I actually agree with this.

Anarchy is afoot!

I didn't know my feet are anarchists. Don't worry I'll keep my eye on them! Don't want them destroying video game companies, if you can understand why.

If there's one thing I've noticed with Klei throughout Don't Starve's development, it's that they very rarely put assets into the game that they don't intend to use later... I mean, look at the cactus... that thing was drawn and designed countless updates ago... it's only just seen the light of day!

We may not necessarily see 'it' implemented in RoG, but I have little doubt we will be seeing the pyro in some form or another soon...

I still think the Pyro is going to be just a optional costume for Willow in ROG, or it is simply an easter egg. We'll just have to see.

Given that there are prefabs for the flare gun and axtinguisher, I'm going to assume if implemented, it would not be a costume of any previous character.

It could honestly be something that TF2 will announce later as well as a promo later on when RoG is completed. Pre-order and play as Pyro in DS while maybe in TF2 you can now smack people with the Divining Rod or something. (Objector reskin)

If Wyro becomes reality, I am okay with this. I am also okay with it not being a reality.

Or wear an icecube on your head. Sure as hell wouldn't surprise me.

Wait, let me get this straight, in the code there is:

Balloonicorn

Flare gun - probably unlimited fire staff

Axtinguisher - probably weapon that does ten damage normally (hand damage) but 100 when target is burning, of course unlimited weapon.

Can we debug spawn Wyro, is his model complete?

Can someone double check and write everything we know from the code?

It just cheapens the whole game. It's the same as if Klei added Guns, or Multiplayer. Sure, if I didn't use them, they don't technically affect me, but they annoy me when I see them on the menu screen/crafting menu, and they ruin the feel of the game. DS just isn't geared up right to steal something as huge as character from another game, and the Pyro/Wyro/whatever would stick out like a sore thumb.

Sometimes things can't be solved by the old 'don't like, don't use'.

I should probably stop now. I'm just regurgitating the same old points, and if you disagree already, you're not gonna change your mind the 50th time I say it XD

No, No, you make a fair point. I'd be annoyed if guns were added to.

Wait, let me get this straight, in the code there is:

Balloonicorn

Flare gun - probably unlimited fire staff

Axtinguisher - probably weapon that does ten damage normally (hand damage) but 100 when target is burning, of course unlimited weapon.

Can we debug spawn Wyro, is his model complete?

Can someone double check and write everything we know from the code?

couldn't debug spawn him in so at least he doesn't have a complete in-game model

still holding out on the hope this is a joke or easter egg or something

It's quite clearly the pyro. Not only is it a guy with a gas mask, he's wearing a red shirt/jacket and has ammo strapped to his chest. agree with everything else you said.

I'm not that familiar with TF2, so for me that's just a guy with a gas mask.

It's quite clearly the pyro. Not only is it a guy with a gas mask, he's wearing a red shirt/jacket and has ammo strapped to his chest. agree with everything else you said.

I'm not that familiar with TF2, so for me that's just a guy with a gas mask.

I wouldn't get your hopes up on Wortox. JoeW apparently said 1 charcter we have seen (Webber), and two we haven't, so if this is correct, we (sadly) won't be getting Wortox, Wilbur or Wallace. Or Waverly, Wilton or Winnie.

Winnie, Wyro, Webber, Half-Life 3 confirmed.

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=49518

I'm hearing two different things. Did they announce that there would be two or three characters? Can I get a link to a source on that?

Two characters, according to Bryce: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/31983-reign-of-giants-the-first-day/

We're pushing out a patch today with a few minor changes and a couple crash fixes. After that, we're going to avoid making any balance changes until the next update in around two weeks time. The next update will include tuning changes, bug fixes, a couple new creatures, and - if we can finish them in time - both new characters.

They plan on releasing both new characters tomorrow, so it's safe to assume there's only 2; Webber and Wathgrithr. 

Archived