So, Pyro is one of the new characters?

Yes, however I thought near the very start of this a dev said we would get a character we have seen before (Webber), and then two new characters. Technically Webber is new to the playing field, but that didn't sound right in the context. I think by two new character, he might of meant two characters we haven't seen before.

The possibility that we could be misunderstanding this, they didn't mean to say it like that, or changes in plans is what is causing confusion I think.

The DLC has 2 new characters. 

This thing that you guys found was just something the team was putting together (just for fun) that may or may not get put into the game in the future. 

I would actually like to see it put into the game. People seem to think it's a horrible idea, but I personally think it would be fun to play as the Pyro. Even if it's not a serious game, it'd still be fun just to see what it would do. And I don't see how it would do any harm. Some people may be huge fans of TF2 and love it, others can just not play as it.

I see the possibility for Micro DLC.

A TF2 Character Pack, 4 new characters just for fun and for everyone who wants them. For very little money.

And why stop there....there are plenty opportunities

Oh no. Please no....

Not the BL2 skin pack DLCs all over again :u

Oh no. Please no....

Not the BL2 skin pack DLCs all over again :u

Well,

not only the skins. Also Perks, unique items and strings. I'm not a fan of only skin packs either. But this way they can add something which doesn't belong/fit the game, everyone who really wants it gets it and they get their (small) share of monez for the effort.

You already have design for him.

Making mod shouldn't be that hard, but making items for him... you can make flare gun to just be reskinned fire staff and make pyrovision gogles to just be reskinned nightmare amulet.

well first of all: remember how they added webber a Unimplemnted chachter into the dont starve and Second: TF2 promted Don't Starve

so still returning the favor to home base and Third: it has chachter models and sounds so maybe he will be implemnted as a hard to find secret chachter doign something is insanity you know like the Achomploshrine

I think that this game don't need any more characters.

There is a lot of characters mods out there, why waste time on new characters?

Better add some new thing into the world.

they should add more minerals ^.^ idk

I will check more on pyro though... very mysterious ...

Dat necro.

Other man?

8 boys

5 girls

GG klei.

Well, there's nothing to confirm Pyro either way. If anything, there's more to suggest that it's a female, if we're following stereotypes. And besides, I don't think you can really call Wx-78 a boy...

well first of all: remember how they added webber a Unimplemnted chachter into the dont starve and Second: TF2 promted Don't Starve

so still returning the favor to home base and Third: it has chachter models and sounds so maybe he will be implemnted as a hard to find secret chachter doign something is insanity you know like the Achomploshrine

There's at least 6 other characters in the files that aren't implemented, all of which I'm sure people would prefer. I also doubt they need to return the favour considering Valve already gets a cut of the profits from selling Don't Starve on Steam, as well as (at least, I presume) they would have probably paid to have TF2 promotional items.

Dat necro.

Well, there's nothing to confirm Pyro either way. If anything, there's more to suggest that it's a female, if we're following stereotypes. And besides, I don't think you can really call Wx-78 a boy...

Pyro and WX have no defined gender, I believe the devs for both games intended them both not to have any determinable gender characteristics so that the players themselves could draw conclusions.

It might get added. However, while localizing the text, I found all the Pyro references way before I saw this post. There's even an Axtinguisher and a Flare Gun in there. His title is "Mm mmph". And here's a list of his "powers":

*Immune to fire damage
*Loves fire
*Enjoys wearing hats

He's got only one quote and it's: Mmmh mmph mm mmphh!

It might get added. However, while localizing the text, I found all the Pyro references way before I saw this post. There's even an Axtinguisher and a Flare Gun in there. His title is "Mm mmph". And here's a list of his "powers":

*Immune to fire damage
*Loves fire
*Enjoys wearing hats

Well If someone could take that Data and Stuff they could make a mod and if that mod is cereated (whoops i think i summoned the grammar nazis from hell) evreyone just pretend this thread ever existed before the thread necromancer does a slam jam on us

Well If someone could take that Data and Stuff they could make a mod and if that mod is cereated (whoops i think i summoned the grammar nazis from hell) evreyone just pretend this thread ever existed before the thread necromancer does a slam jam on us

Obligatory correction: 'created', not "cereated". Duh~

I hope this TF2 homage is just an easter egg. And yes, when are we getting another female character? What about Winnie? What about a character that simply only eats veggggg??? I want a vegetarian character!

*Immune to fire damage
*Loves fire
*Enjoys wearing hats

Sorry, but I'm calling BS on this. No offense, but proof would be nice.

Archived