So, Pyro is one of the new characters?

Yes, actually. Just because something is avoidable, doesn't make it right. Stealing/promoting another game just does not fit into the DS universe. It makes no sense, and still is cheap, tacky and pointless. Who wants a plain old Pyro, when we could have a demon creature in Wortox, or a insane Scotsman in Wallace? Not me. And stealing Pyrovision is just that. Pyrovision is cheap and tacky in TF2, let alone how bad it would be in DS.

Anyway, we all get riled about Multiplayer, don't we? That'd be avoidable, but it'd ruin the atmosphere, something pretty much everyone respects, so why is it different here, with this character? I mean, in a way, a gamemode is more avoidable.

It's not all in the name. The Pyro could just be covering for another thing. Maybe that has a ranged and melee weapon to themself or something. A name is not necessarily the thing itself.

Also, if a Flare Gun is added, DS really is dead to me.

Still very much possible. There's the axtinguisher, flare gun, , and the select screen portrait. I don't understand the point of making all that stuff just to cover up something else.

And my main problem with the multiplayer is that it would ruin the community by introducing whiners who just play for the multiplayer and flood the forums with complaints about how someone else killed them, or how they lag a bit because their internet isn't great.

Still very much possible. There's the axtinguisher, flare gun, , and the select screen portrait. I don't understand the point of making all that stuff just to cover up something else.

And my main problem with the multiplayer is that it would ruin the community by introducing whiners who just play for the multiplayer and flood the forums with complaints about how someone else killed them, or how they lag a bit because their internet isn't great.

I don't know why they would be going to all this trouble, but I also don't know why they'd add something so tacky. It's not like they owe TF2 a favour. Noone else pays them back for a promotion. Certainly puzzling.

To be fair, launch already pretty much ruined this community. Because of the 'forums Beta', it's been saved temporarily, but it'll go back to the launch community when RoG goes to Early Access. The main problem of MP, IMHO, is that it completely takes away the loneliness of wilderness survival.

I don't know why they would be going to all this trouble, but I also don't know why they'd add something so tacky. It's not like they owe TF2 a favour. Noone else pays them back for a promotion. Certainly puzzling.

To be fair, launch already pretty much ruined this community. Because of the 'forums Beta', it's been saved temporarily, but it'll go back to the launch community when RoG goes to Early Access. The main problem of MP, IMHO, is that it completely takes away the loneliness of wilderness survival.

I'd be able to choose not to play the multiplayer, so it doesn't bother me. Just the way the forums would become home to a non-stop wave of complaints about multiplayer.

BACK ON TOPIC:

Why have I spent 3 months on a single mod? Because I felt like it. Seems like a good enough reason to want to add the pyro, eh? Doesn't have to be a specific reason behind it. And they could do it in a way that actually fits the game quite well. If it doesn't, I don't have to play. If it is just a cover, that would puzzle me more than the pyro being added.

So because there is a completely avoidable option to do something you don't like, but that you are in no way forced to do, that ruins the game for you?

This is the attitude I was talking about back when people hated beta caves because of their incomplete existence. The solution that ended up working was the ability to toggle caves, which doesn't make full sense to me on how that worked. It was still incomplete content in a launched game.

It's just the idea of using the time and effort to implement a character that's just an uninspired reference to another IP instead of an original concept (and they clearly have a bunch).  It's not about being upset because it's a character you shouldn't play if you feel like it ruins the immersion.  No, it could of just been an original character with a better concept.  

What if they lied about Webber and it's just Pyro instead?  They might as well add Yung Venuz while their at it.  I love Y.V. however, he's just about the least fitting character, but whatever he's just a reference you don't need to play.

Name            : /-----/wyro/balloon_bounceIndex           : /EVENTGROUP_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS/EVENTGROUP_CHARACTERS_WYRO/EVENT_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_BALLOON_BOUNCEId              : EVENTID_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_BALLOON_BOUNCE = 120GUID            : EVENTGUID_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_BALLOON_BOUNCE = {d1363f97-f58b-4863-8978-73f3ea2085a6}Notes           : Max. playbacks  : 5DSP Effects     : noneCategory        : master/set_sfx/sfxName            : /-----/wyro/balloon_squeakIndex           : /EVENTGROUP_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS/EVENTGROUP_CHARACTERS_WYRO/EVENT_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_BALLOON_SQUEAKId              : EVENTID_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_BALLOON_SQUEAK = 121GUID            : EVENTGUID_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_BALLOON_SQUEAK = {486d8b7e-9576-4cd1-a3d7-f9e6bb6f3f42}Notes           : Max. playbacks  : 5DSP Effects     : noneCategory        : master/set_sfx/sfxName            : /-----/wyro/flare_hitIndex           : /EVENTGROUP_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS/EVENTGROUP_CHARACTERS_WYRO/EVENT_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_FLARE_HITId              : EVENTID_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_FLARE_HIT = 123GUID            : EVENTGUID_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_FLARE_HIT = {e6ca7924-879c-4048-a6a4-487a3a565312}Notes           : Max. playbacks  : 3DSP Effects     : noneCategory        : master/set_sfx/playerName            : /-----/wyro/flare_shootIndex           : /EVENTGROUP_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS/EVENTGROUP_CHARACTERS_WYRO/EVENT_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_FLARE_SHOOTId              : EVENTID_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_FLARE_SHOOT = 124GUID            : EVENTGUID_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_FLARE_SHOOT = {e7dc6509-329e-4c25-8ee2-2878cec758b9}Notes           : Max. playbacks  : 3DSP Effects     : noneCategory        : master/set_sfx/player

Balloonicorn and Flare gun...

pet_balloonicorn_large.c19d9fe69a7f069ac

Backpack_Flare_Gun.png

My dreams are coming true...

This would be ironic for me to say, but I think that question was a little cynical.

I probably went too far with that and it's not like I want to be cynical, but they are not making this easy.  The more I think about this, the more baffling it get's and I just can't mentally sweep this under the rug.  It's just too dumb of a move.

Guys, let's look at this logically:

In the winter teaser, we saw Webber. I think it's safe to say that that character's confirmed

At the end of the Summer trailer, we say a viking hat land on one of the letters. They said there would be two new characters, so I'm guessing Webber and the Viking man. I think the Pyro is just an easter egg hidden in the code, or it will be a mod much like the screecher. 

Guys, let's look at this logically:

In the winter teaser, we saw Webber. I think it's safe to say that that character's confirmed

At the end of the Summer trailer, we say a viking hat land on one of the letters. They said there would be two new characters, so I'm guessing Webber and the Viking man. I think the Pyro is just an easter egg hidden in the code, or it will be a mod much like the screecher. 

Team Fortress 3 confirmed

You know very well that valve can't count to three. But Klei probably can.

They were so frustrated that their favourite game will never have a sequel, they started creating their own sequel.

It's not like they owe TF2 a favour. Noone else pays them back for a promotion. Certainly puzzling.

I agree, but there have been a decent amount of games that have had TF2 promos in them. It's not so they will learn of TF2, it's so they'll have something in a game that is more likely to be familiar. At least, that's what I think.

Off the top of my head, Monday Night Combat, Super MNC, and Dungeon Defenders had TF2 crossovers in them, and I could think of a few more I don't actually own if I thought about it for long enough. It's not for TF2's sake, that's for sure, but I never thought it was.

I agree, but there have been a decent amount of games that have had TF2 promos in them. It's not so they will learn of TF2, it's so they'll have something in a game that is more likely to be familiar. At least, that's what I think.

Off the top of my head, Monday Night Combat, Super MNC, and Dungeon Defenders had TF2 crossovers in them, and I could think of a few more I don't actually own if I thought about it for long enough. It's not for TF2's sake, that's for sure, but I never thought it was.

And Worms reloaded, don't forget Worms reloaded.

Also, why would they put so much effort, coding, sounds, portrait, to the joke character?

They must have plan...

I just don't see why after all this time they would only start to add prefabs and a portrait for the pyro when the DLC came out for seemingly no reason what so ever

Honestly, we can speculate and speculate all we want, but we won't really know what's going on until the next update. We're just creating a lot of commotion over something we aren't even sure is real. The next update is in just a few days, and by then there will likely be more answers; so until then, I reccomend that we stay calm and be patient so we can get some reasonable answers without this getting out of hand. There is obviously a reason to this so I personally am just going to wait it out and see what happens. I suggest some of you to do the same.

Honestly, we can speculate and speculate all we want, but we won't really know what's going on until the next update. We're just creating a lot of commotion over something we aren't even sure is real. The next update is in just a few days, and by then there will likely be more answers; so until then, I reccomend that we stay calm and be patient so we can get some reasonable answers without this getting out of hand. There is obviously a reason to this so I personally am just going to wait it out and see what happens. I suggest some of you to do the same.

speculation is most of the forums anyway. that's the fun of it :grin: That's why I've taken the side of "Pyro will be implemented in some fashion and isn't just a joke"

If this is real that is awesome, because the pyro is my favorite tf2 character. I'm always up for new content and new officials characters why not. Klei can do what ever they want its there game so i'm not gonna complain.

Pyro is my favorite character too :grin:

However, you have every right as the consumer to display your complaints. That doesn't mean it should go my way if I complain about something, but it does matter what they do to their game. They can add microtransactions, but I'll make it known of my distaste. We are the playerbase, they are the developers; we help them make games that give us entertainment and they receive income.

It could honestly be something that TF2 will announce later as well as a promo later on when RoG is completed. Pre-order and play as Pyro in DS while maybe in TF2 you can now smack people with the Divining Rod or something. (Objector reskin)

If Wyro becomes reality, I am okay with this. I am also okay with it not being a reality.

Archived