So, Pyro is one of the new characters?

Everyone calling him Wyro I keep misreading it as "Wario" and end up being more confused than what is necessary.

Anyway, I'm going to be he's more like a placeholder for a different character -crosses fingers for Wortox- and is there so that people who are in the early beta can't be all blabbing off the surprise.

Instead, blab off conspiracy theories while Klei opens another bag of cheetos to eat while laughing at about how horribly wrong everyone is.

I wouldn't get your hopes up on Wortox. JoeW apparently said 1 charcter we have seen (Webber), and two we haven't, so if this is correct, we (sadly) won't be getting Wortox, Wilbur or Wallace. Or Waverly, Wilton or Winnie.

tbh I desperately hope that this is a joke by the devs or some easter egg in the files that they never plan on putting in the game while at the same time preventing us beta testers from discovering who the second character really is

Don't Starve is an incredibly unique game and adding something like the Pyro from TF2 of all things would cheapen it and ruin the experience for me

but there's nothing I can say that hasn't already been said by ArcticFox

generally, I'm extremely opposed to the idea

I wouldn't get your hopes up on Wortox. JoeW apparently said 1 charcter we have seen (Webber), and two we haven't, so if this is correct, we (sadly) won't be getting Wortox, Wilbur or Wallace. Or Waverly, Wilton or Winnie.

They really said that?

Citation needed.

Also, in the theories for new character in Strange New Powers update, Klei said that we already saw the character, so he meant the fact that we saw Woodie in files and wiki page.

So if we haven't seen new characters that means there is slight chance for Wyro to be added.

No, he can't cast fire without his weapons, so his perks will not be fire related, he might even be weak to overheating, because that suit is not well suited (pun not intended) for heat like this, he would sweat like pig there.

He should have sanity perks, like unlimited nightmare amulet in the form of pyrovision gogles, no, wyrovision gogles, and his insanity would look totally different.

They really said that?

Citation needed.

Also, in the theories for new character in Strange New Powers update, Klei said that we already saw the character, so he meant the fact that we saw Woodie in files and wiki page.

So if we haven't seen new characters that means there is slight chance for Wyro to be added.

No, he can't cast fire without his weapons, so his perks will not be fire related, he might even be weak to overheating, because that suit is not well suited (pun not intended) for heat like this, he would sweat like pig there.

He should have sanity perks, like unlimited nightmare amulet in the form of pyrovision gogles, no, wyrovision gogles, and his insanity would look totally different.

Try on the 'Collected Klei Quote' page, pretty sure I saw it on there. Also. I am 99% sure Wyro is just covering for another project so we don't see it early.

Maybe they plannend something for the Aprils fools day but some people found it earlier in the game files. Who knows?
But you still can choose to play him or not. So I don't think it will really ruin the atmossphere if you still have the choice.

Maybe they plannend something for the Aprils fools day but some people found it earlier in the game files. Who knows?

But you still can choose to play him or not. So I don't think it will really ruin the atmossphere if you still have the choice.

It's still cheap, tacky and degrading to the entire game. I'd say that's reason enough to say it ruins the atmosphere.

It's still cheap, tacky and degrading to the entire game. I'd say that's reason enough to say it ruins the atmosphere.

I hate this kind of attitude, I'm sorry. So because there is a completely avoidable option to do something you don't like, but that you are in no way forced to do, that ruins the game for you?

Because you might be lying 

Name            : /-----/wyro/balloon_bounceIndex           : /EVENTGROUP_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS/EVENTGROUP_CHARACTERS_WYRO/EVENT_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_BALLOON_BOUNCEId              : EVENTID_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_BALLOON_BOUNCE = 120GUID            : EVENTGUID_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_BALLOON_BOUNCE = {d1363f97-f58b-4863-8978-73f3ea2085a6}Notes           : Max. playbacks  : 5DSP Effects     : noneCategory        : master/set_sfx/sfxName            : /-----/wyro/balloon_squeakIndex           : /EVENTGROUP_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS/EVENTGROUP_CHARACTERS_WYRO/EVENT_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_BALLOON_SQUEAKId              : EVENTID_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_BALLOON_SQUEAK = 121GUID            : EVENTGUID_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_BALLOON_SQUEAK = {486d8b7e-9576-4cd1-a3d7-f9e6bb6f3f42}Notes           : Max. playbacks  : 5DSP Effects     : noneCategory        : master/set_sfx/sfxName            : /-----/wyro/death_voiceIndex           : /EVENTGROUP_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS/EVENTGROUP_CHARACTERS_WYRO/EVENT_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_DEATH_VOICEId              : EVENTID_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_DEATH_VOICE = 122GUID            : EVENTGUID_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_DEATH_VOICE = {ef299b79-b58a-465c-a093-b1af29492cb2}Notes           : Max. playbacks  : 4DSP Effects     : noneCategory        : master/set_sfx/voiceName            : /-----/wyro/flare_hitIndex           : /EVENTGROUP_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS/EVENTGROUP_CHARACTERS_WYRO/EVENT_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_FLARE_HITId              : EVENTID_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_FLARE_HIT = 123GUID            : EVENTGUID_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_FLARE_HIT = {e6ca7924-879c-4048-a6a4-487a3a565312}Notes           : Max. playbacks  : 3DSP Effects     : noneCategory        : master/set_sfx/playerName            : /-----/wyro/flare_shootIndex           : /EVENTGROUP_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS/EVENTGROUP_CHARACTERS_WYRO/EVENT_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_FLARE_SHOOTId              : EVENTID_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_FLARE_SHOOT = 124GUID            : EVENTGUID_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_FLARE_SHOOT = {e7dc6509-329e-4c25-8ee2-2878cec758b9}Notes           : Max. playbacks  : 3DSP Effects     : noneCategory        : master/set_sfx/playerName            : /-----/wyro/hurtIndex           : /EVENTGROUP_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS/EVENTGROUP_CHARACTERS_WYRO/EVENT_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_HURTId              : EVENTID_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_HURT = 125GUID            : EVENTGUID_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_HURT = {05ce608e-310d-495e-a834-1c9c741d72aa}Notes           : Max. playbacks  : 4DSP Effects     : noneCategory        : master/set_sfx/voiceName            : /-----/wyro/pyro_sanityIndex           : /EVENTGROUP_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS/EVENTGROUP_CHARACTERS_WYRO/EVENT_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_PYRO_SANITYId              : EVENTID_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_PYRO_SANITY = 126GUID            : EVENTGUID_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_PYRO_SANITY = {4d30620d-9dce-4693-968d-a9378a96b33f}Notes           : Max. playbacks  : 1DSP Effects     : FMOD Flange, FMOD IT Echo, FMOD IT EchoParameter name  : sanityParameter index : EVENTPARAMETER_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_PYRO_SANITY_SANITY = 0Range           : 0.000000 -> 1.000000Velocity        : 0Category        : master/set_ambience/ambienceName            : /-----/wyro/talk_LPIndex           : /EVENTGROUP_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS/EVENTGROUP_CHARACTERS_WYRO/EVENT_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_TALK_LPId              : EVENTID_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_TALK_LP = 127GUID            : EVENTGUID_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_TALK_LP = {c6a2c1e5-b135-485d-b7d1-8936206a7ca2}Notes           : Max. playbacks  : 4DSP Effects     : noneCategory        : master/set_sfx/voice

From the .txt that contains the list of game sounds.

I am 99% sure Wyro is just covering for another project so we don't see it early.

Wyro is in the sound files...

Name            : /characters/wyro/hurtIndex           : /EVENTGROUP_DONTSTARVE_DLC001_CHARACTERS/EVENTGROUP_CHARACTERS_WYRO/EVENT_DONTSTARVE_DLC001_CHARACTERS_WYRO_HURTId              : EVENTID_DONTSTARVE_DLC001_CHARACTERS_WYRO_HURT = 1
  :jaded:

Name            : /-----/wyro/balloon_bounceIndex           : /EVENTGROUP_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS/EVENTGROUP_CHARACTERS_WYRO/EVENT_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_BALLOON_BOUNCEId              : EVENTID_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_BALLOON_BOUNCE = 120GUID            : EVENTGUID_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_BALLOON_BOUNCE = {d1363f97-f58b-4863-8978-73f3ea2085a6}Notes           : Max. playbacks  : 5DSP Effects     : noneCategory        : master/set_sfx/sfxName            : /-----/wyro/balloon_squeakIndex           : /EVENTGROUP_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS/EVENTGROUP_CHARACTERS_WYRO/EVENT_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_BALLOON_SQUEAKId              : EVENTID_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_BALLOON_SQUEAK = 121GUID            : EVENTGUID_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_BALLOON_SQUEAK = {486d8b7e-9576-4cd1-a3d7-f9e6bb6f3f42}Notes           : Max. playbacks  : 5DSP Effects     : noneCategory        : master/set_sfx/sfxName            : /-----/wyro/death_voiceIndex           : /EVENTGROUP_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS/EVENTGROUP_CHARACTERS_WYRO/EVENT_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_DEATH_VOICEId              : EVENTID_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_DEATH_VOICE = 122GUID            : EVENTGUID_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_DEATH_VOICE = {ef299b79-b58a-465c-a093-b1af29492cb2}Notes           : Max. playbacks  : 4DSP Effects     : noneCategory        : master/set_sfx/voiceName            : /-----/wyro/flare_hitIndex           : /EVENTGROUP_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS/EVENTGROUP_CHARACTERS_WYRO/EVENT_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_FLARE_HITId              : EVENTID_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_FLARE_HIT = 123GUID            : EVENTGUID_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_FLARE_HIT = {e6ca7924-879c-4048-a6a4-487a3a565312}Notes           : Max. playbacks  : 3DSP Effects     : noneCategory        : master/set_sfx/playerName            : /-----/wyro/flare_shootIndex           : /EVENTGROUP_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS/EVENTGROUP_CHARACTERS_WYRO/EVENT_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_FLARE_SHOOTId              : EVENTID_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_FLARE_SHOOT = 124GUID            : EVENTGUID_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_FLARE_SHOOT = {e7dc6509-329e-4c25-8ee2-2878cec758b9}Notes           : Max. playbacks  : 3DSP Effects     : noneCategory        : master/set_sfx/playerName            : /-----/wyro/hurtIndex           : /EVENTGROUP_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS/EVENTGROUP_CHARACTERS_WYRO/EVENT_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_HURTId              : EVENTID_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_HURT = 125GUID            : EVENTGUID_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_HURT = {05ce608e-310d-495e-a834-1c9c741d72aa}Notes           : Max. playbacks  : 4DSP Effects     : noneCategory        : master/set_sfx/voiceName            : /-----/wyro/pyro_sanityIndex           : /EVENTGROUP_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS/EVENTGROUP_CHARACTERS_WYRO/EVENT_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_PYRO_SANITYId              : EVENTID_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_PYRO_SANITY = 126GUID            : EVENTGUID_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_PYRO_SANITY = {4d30620d-9dce-4693-968d-a9378a96b33f}Notes           : Max. playbacks  : 1DSP Effects     : FMOD Flange, FMOD IT Echo, FMOD IT EchoParameter name  : sanityParameter index : EVENTPARAMETER_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_PYRO_SANITY_SANITY = 0Range           : 0.000000 -> 1.000000Velocity        : 0Category        : master/set_ambience/ambienceName            : /-----/wyro/talk_LPIndex           : /EVENTGROUP_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS/EVENTGROUP_CHARACTERS_WYRO/EVENT_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_TALK_LPId              : EVENTID_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_TALK_LP = 127GUID            : EVENTGUID_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_TALK_LP = {c6a2c1e5-b135-485d-b7d1-8936206a7ca2}Notes           : Max. playbacks  : 4DSP Effects     : noneCategory        : master/set_sfx/voice

From the .txt that contains the list of game sounds.

i am asking it because i don't understand how to make sounds using text but i did find it as soon as i got the DLC

Wyro is in the sound files...

Name            : /characters/wyro/hurtIndex           : /EVENTGROUP_DONTSTARVE_DLC001_CHARACTERS/EVENTGROUP_CHARACTERS_WYRO/EVENT_DONTSTARVE_DLC001_CHARACTERS_WYRO_HURTId              : EVENTID_DONTSTARVE_DLC001_CHARACTERS_WYRO_HURT = 1
  :jaded:

Still doesn't mean it's the Pyro. It could still be a cover. The name is not necessarily all of it. Also no need for the middle finger, thanks.

Still doesn't mean it's the Pyro. It could still be a cover. The name is not necessarily all of it. Also no need for the middle finger, thanks.

What else would have a flare gun? And there's also an axtinguisher prefab.

Name            : /-----/wyro/flare_hitIndex           : /EVENTGROUP_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS/EVENTGROUP_CHARACTERS_WYRO/EVENT_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_FLARE_HITId              : EVENTID_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_FLARE_HIT = 123GUID            : EVENTGUID_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_FLARE_HIT = {e6ca7924-879c-4048-a6a4-487a3a565312}Notes           : Max. playbacks  : 3DSP Effects     : noneCategory        : master/set_sfx/playerName            : /-----/wyro/flare_shoot

I hate this kind of attitude, I'm sorry. So because there is a completely avoidable option to do something you don't like, but that you are in no way forced to do, that ruins the game for you?

Yes, actually. Just because something is avoidable, doesn't make it right. Stealing/promoting another game just does not fit into the DS universe. It makes no sense, and still is cheap, tacky and pointless. Who wants a plain old Pyro, when we could have a demon creature in Wortox, or a insane Scotsman in Wallace? Not me. And stealing Pyrovision is just that. Pyrovision is cheap and tacky in TF2, let alone how bad it would be in DS.

Anyway, we all get riled about Multiplayer, don't we? That'd be avoidable, but it'd ruin the atmosphere, something pretty much everyone respects, so why is it different here, with this character? I mean, in a way, a gamemode is more avoidable.

What else would have a flare gun? And there's also an axtinguisher prefab.

Name            : /-----/wyro/flare_hitIndex           : /EVENTGROUP_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS/EVENTGROUP_CHARACTERS_WYRO/EVENT_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_FLARE_HIT

Id              : EVENTID_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_FLARE_HIT = 123

GUID            : EVENTGUID_DONTSTARVE_CHARACTERS_WYRO_FLARE_HIT = {e6ca7924-879c-4048-a6a4-487a3a565312}

Notes           : 

Max. playbacks  : 3

DSP Effects     : none

Category        : master/set_sfx/player

Name            : /-----/wyro/flare_shoot

It's not all in the name. The Pyro could just be covering for another thing. Maybe that has a ranged and melee weapon to themself or something. A name is not necessarily the thing itself.

Also, if a Flare Gun is added, DS really is dead to me.

Archived