So, Pyro is one of the new characters?

I didn't know what sonic all star racing was until they added tf2 characters, so I don't think pyro only helps advertises one side.

Why would Klei promote tf2? I've seen cases were developers from other studios are friends. Valve and Team17 are friends for example. Maybe Pyro in DS was a form of gesture?

Regardless if Pyro will be doing anything, I can't imagine our awesome Klei developers would ruin their own game. I really want to see what they say before we attack the Pyro. Attacking Pyro would be silly if he is only a misplaced piece of joke art from the old promotion setting up.

Sonic All-Star Racing is another game that lends itself well to characters from other universes. I suppose a few people might've been enticed by that, but again, any Sonic game comes with a fanbase, and a large games studio. A Klei comes with a small fanbase, the kind who are unlikely to be enticed by TF2 items, so wouldn't find the game through that. In terms of that, big franchise taking from other franchises works better than an indie game taking from a big franchise.  Not sure if that makes sense but whatever...

Yeah, but again, Valve and Team17 are big and relatively famous studios. It's more likely people like that would be good friends then Valve and Klei. Not saying they aren't, but I doubt that they are.

By attacking the Pyro (even if it is a joke), we make our feelings known, and it might stop the Klei trying to do this later. I do appreciate that I'll look stupid when this turns out to be a joke, but if it wasn't, at least we might have stopped it before it ever became a thing, rather than Klei thinking everyone is fine with it. Again, not sure if this makes sense. XD

By attacking the Pyro (even if it is a joke), we make our feelings known, and it might stop the Klei trying to do this later. I do appreciate that I'll look stupid when this turns out to be a joke, but if it wasn't, at least we might have stopped it before it ever became a thing, rather than Klei thinking everyone is fine with it. Again, not sure if this makes sense. XD

I don't think you'll look stupid since your being preemptive for the games sake.

Ever tried taunting with a secondary? He kinda can cast fire from thin air.

Because he "borrows" some of fire from flamethrower, flare gun or shotgun.

Try to taunt without ammunition to flare gun or shotgun, without weapons, he can't cast fire.

Because he "borrows" some of fire from flamethrower, flare gun or shotgun.

Try to taunt without ammunition to flare gun or shotgun, without weapons, he can't cast fire.

If that's the case im more impressed how he gets the fire from his shotgun, and how after he makes a rainbow (circle of fire) appear from the ground when using the Rainblower taunt.

Also don't forget Merasmus's magic (can throw balls of bats, teleport, summon giant eyes that shoot smaller exploding eyes, turn invisible, summon a small skeleton from a skull, summon a metor strike and can shoot fireballs from his hands after reading a magic spooky spellbook 

If that's the case im more impressed how he gets the fire from his shotgun, and how after he makes a rainbow (circle of fire) appear from the ground when using the Rainblower taunt.

Also don't forget Merasmus's magic (can throw balls of bats, teleport, summon giant eyes that shoot smaller exploding eyes, turn invisible, summon a small skeleton from a skull, summon a metor strike and can shoot fireballs from his hands after reading a magic spooky spellbook 

For christ sake.

Heavy can kill someone with invisible bullet using his bare hands and you question how a guy with all weapons that are fire related can cast fire.

Maybe he has little tubes in his gloves, kinda like spiderman thingy, and they are like tiny flamethrowers.

Am I the only one here that's excited?

You guys are sure as hell grumpy.

I'm excited too. If it happens, it would also mean I was right to trust what did NOT end up being a red herring :-)

Anyway, having a gimmick character would hardly ruin the game, especially if he's a lot of fun to play around with after the initial DLC excitement dies down.

For christ sake.

Heavy can kill someone with invisible bullet using his bare hands and you question how a guy with all weapons that are fire related can cast fire.

I was more questioning how he got the fire from his shotgun from putting it in his pocket then doing a hadouken.

Maybe he has little tubes in his gloves, kinda like spiderman thingy, and they are like tiny flamethrowers.

If you want to get technical if you look at his model

348766pyro.png 
300px-Pyrohadoukentauntkill.PNG?t=201101 

there is no room or any sort of tubes, while they might be inside his gloves and his suit, as you can see there is nowhere where the tubes could poke out, he would be burning his own hands off inside the gloves.

If the Heavy can 1 hit KO with an invisible and imaginary bullet someone who would otherwise be able to survive 2-3 rockets to the face why is it so impossible for the pyro to have some form of pyrokinesis

I feel as if there are 2 things that this is meaning:

Pyro will be an optional costume for Willow

or

It is an easter egg in the files.

If he was alternate form of Willow wouldn't it be downgrade?

I mean, he can't speak, so he would have the same disadvantage as Wes.

Well, you can sort of understand what the Pyro is saying. It's not he can't speak English, it is just muffled by the suit. For example,

Here, you can tell the Pyro is obviously saying, "Sentry Ahead!" He speaks, but the suit just muffles what he is saying.

FWIW Bryce said here  "The next update will include tuning changes, bug fixes, a couple new creatures, and - if we can finish them in time - both new characters."  (emphasis on both mine).   Granted that was 28th February.  But it would kind of suggest towards the notion of Wyro being a 'joke'.

Well, you can sort of understand what the Pyro is saying. It's not he can't speak English, it is just muffled by the suit. For example,

Here, you can tell the Pyro is obviously saying, "Sentry Ahead!" He speaks, but the suit just muffles what he is saying.

How on Earth are you meant to incorporate that in text form? XD

"*MMPH* Sentry Ahead! *MMPH*" still tells you what it said, not giving the notion of muffled speech, and "MMPH" just doesn't help at all.

"MMSenPHtry MAheMPHad" is just ridiculous. This is really bugging me for some reason. Logistically, I don't think you can do it. :D

He's cute!

People have been drawing TF2 in the style of DS for some time now (myself included) so I wouldn't be surprised if they picked up on that, just saying :v

Yeah, but there's a difference between doing something for fun and asking for it to be implemented. But I suppose that could be the case, yeah.

Best case scenario: It's really a completely new character, but they don't want to spoil it.  

They still have a pretty sizable handful of concept character's they didn't implement.  I'd rather just see any of them or a fresher concept.

Most likely. I really can't imagine any reason for the Pyro. Probably just some kind of joke so they can hide the real project.

Maybe. In that case it wouldn't be that bad...

other than lore, which is very sparse to begin with, I don't see a difference.

edit: unless they've expanded the capabilities of modding and want to show that off.

Right, so first of all, how can a character ruin the game for you if you don't play as him? It can'y, that's how.

Second of all, it's a guy with a gas mask. Why does it HAS to be the pyro? Can't it really just be a guy in a mask?

Right, so first of all, how can a character ruin the game for you if you don't play as him? It can'y, that's how.

Second of all, it's a guy with a gas mask. Why does it HAS to be the pyro? Can't it really just be a guy in a mask?

It's quite clearly the pyro. Not only is it a guy with a gas mask, he's wearing a red shirt/jacket and has ammo strapped to his chest. agree with everything else you said.

It just cheapens the whole game. It's the same as if Klei added Guns, or Multiplayer. Sure, if I didn't use them, they don't technically affect me, but they annoy me when I see them on the menu screen/crafting menu, and they ruin the feel of the game. DS just isn't geared up right to steal something as huge as character from another game, and the Pyro/Wyro/whatever would stick out like a sore thumb.

Sometimes things can't be solved by the old 'don't like, don't use'.

I should probably stop now. I'm just regurgitating the same old points, and if you disagree already, you're not gonna change your mind the 50th time I say it XD

Everyone calling him Wyro I keep misreading it as "Wario" and end up being more confused than what is necessary.

Anyway, I'm going to bet he's more like a placeholder for a different character -crosses fingers for Wortox- and is there so that people who are in the early beta can't be all blabbing off the surprise.

Instead, blab off conspiracy theories while Klei opens another bag of cheetos to eat while laughing at about how horribly wrong everyone is.

Archived