Don't Starve Together: From Beyond - Taking Root & 10 Years of Don't Starve!

• Developer
52 minutes ago, Scrumch said:

The link for store.kleientertainment.com isn't working for Firefox or Edge on desktop and Chrome on mobile for me.

image.thumb.png.cfadfcf832441cb95ff2a2312a66b455.png

Sorry to hear that happened to you. There is a new location https://shop.klei.com/. Can I ask how you got that URL? Was it linked somewhere or had you favorited that? I would like to know so we can update any links if they are going to the old site.

• Like 1

The Verdant Portraits + Quotes (for in-game preview, see this post)

Spoiler

wanda_nature_oval.thumb.png.977e433d1fa9f4d317963bde865b8d8a.pngwickerbottom_nature_oval.thumb.png.49b5fd829fee114787fbc68d62f2f888.pngwillow_nature_oval.thumb.png.add771381ca80fa65fa69df973868e64.pngwormwood_nature_oval.thumb.png.dbbfe2903acc25b644cc497bbf616c58.pngwurt_nature_oval.thumb.png.3ec4b0a5bdde9a8fee72c651fa9fb464.png

wanda_nature = "Time seems to move slower in the depths of the forest.",
wickerbottom_nature = "Honestly, a working knowledge of medicinal botany is hardly witchcraft!",
willow_nature = "Golden fields of hay, ripe for burning... I mean harvesting.",
wormwood_nature = "Into woods, follow!",
wurt_nature = "Me scary dragon! Gonna gobble up all the princesses, hee-hee!",

10th Anniversary Celebration Vignette

Spoiler

loading_dst10_unsigned.thumb.png.e33940941cc01b5c8fcfca2cc9bbe51c.png

10th Anniversary (Signed) Vignette

Spoiler

loading_dst10_signed.thumb.png.22af62673266cce1286f75700a7bf12c.png

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4
  • Health 2
  • GL Happy 1

5 hours ago, Jason said:

From Beyond: Taking Root

As the power struggle between the moon and shadows escalates, the pressure is mounting for our Survivors. Loyalties will be forged and tested as new rifts start to slowly expand...

New Features

• Rifts spewing lunar energy will begin to open in the world, either by defeating the Celestial Champion or by server settings.
  • The first creatures to spew forth are very interested in gardening.
  • New and powerful equipment can be crafted from these extra-planar thralls, with the right crafting station.

This content is part of a 3 part set of content updates in the "From Beyond" arc and is available today on Steam, PlayStation and Xbox. Nintendo Switch will be coming soon, it takes a little longer there. 

Don't Starve Celebrates 10 Years!

Can you believe it? 10 years of Wilson, the Survivors and the Constant. From our humble beginnings as a Chrome app to well over 25 million copies all around the world and we haven't slowed down yet. Countless updates, bug reports, hot fixes, puzzles, fan art, and even some songs (Beefaloooo!). Don't Starve wouldn't be what it is today without our fans. We've watched some of you grow up and we've watched ourselves grow up.

We're not perfect, but we truly do try our hardest to do the best we can for you all and we hope you feel the same love from us that we feel from you.

Thank you. From all of us. 

To celebrate we have a few gifts for you. This post is going to get rather large, so hang in there with me please. 

We got together and signed a poster for you!
Unfortunately we couldn't print and send out a poster to all 25+ million of you, but we did make a high rez poster that you can print yourself. Both a signed and unsigned original Thank You poster made for DS10 is available on the Klei Rewards page for free. We've also added another special signed and unsigned version as vignettes in Don't Starve Together. 

Спасибо.png

We updated the hell out of the original Don't Starve!
I literally don't know how many bugs, balance changes and QOL updates are in the new update for Don't Starve that dropped today. But it's a lot and you can get more details about that here.

Tune-Up-Promo.jpg

Big thanks to @DiogoW for joining our team with this effort. He's now our "Secret Projects" guy working on a bunch of things we've been dying to do for Don't Starve Together, and we look forward to sharing more info in the future. 

Free Anniversary Login Bonus in Don't Starve Together. 

АннаЛогин.png

Праздничная научная машина и Праздничный сундук с тортом доступны бесплатно в течение ограниченного времени только для входа в игру. Когда-нибудь в будущем мы добавим их в Klei Rewards, но если они вам нужны сейчас, берите их!

У нас также есть несколько новых скинов для продажи в игре. Полный зеленый сундук и цветущий зеленый сундук теперь доступны. 

Все потоки!
Было бы абсолютно безумием, если бы мы не нашли минутку, чтобы поблагодарить наших стримеров. И для этого мы даем нашим послам 10 кодов наборов скинов предметов и бонусный код на 10 000 катушек для послов, которые они могут передать своим зрителям. Так что отправляйтесь на трансляцию с амбассадорами в эти выходные и проверьте их, чтобы получить шанс получить один из более чем 3000 кодов, которые можно разыграть. 

потоки.jpg

Мы также создали новую страницу амбассадоров, чтобы вам было проще найти наши трансляции амбассадоров в любое время. Вы можете проверить это в верхней части форума или по этой ссылке здесь

Наш собственный стрим!
Сегодня мы также проведем наш собственный стрим, на котором мы поговорим о «Take Root» и раскроем некоторую информацию о том, что будет в следующем обновлении, и что, черт возьми, происходит в «From Beyond»

. подробности, посмотрите этот пост:

Не забудьте нажать кнопку «Подписаться» на канале Klei Twitch, чтобы получать уведомления, когда мы выходим в эфир:  https://www.twitch.tv/kleientertainment .

Новые Twitch Drops!

чат.png

Мы предлагаем новый набор потокового вещания на Twitch.tv. Проверьте этот пост для деталей.

Новый мерч!

puft dst motd Обновлено 1900x1080.png

Совершенно новый мерч теперь доступен в магазине Klei. В интернет-магазине впервые появились наши Puft Plush и Soft Spots! У нас также есть ограниченная серия футболки Don't Starve, посвященная 10-летию, которая будет выпущена сегодня. Наконец, мы пополнили запасы двух плакатов («Вечеринка монстров» и обложка Уилсона) и добавили пять совершенно новых («Чарли Трон и Шипы», Ultimate Survival Inventory 2.0, обложка Griftlands, арт нового героя Oxygen Not Included и арт к 10-летию Don't Starve). . Собирайте их, пока есть запасы !

Намек на грядущие события
Мы также хотели дать вам представление о следующем обновлении. Если вы не хотите спойлеров, не нажимайте ниже и просто переходите к следующему разделу. Я знаю, это заманчиво, но будь сильным - ты сможешь, я в тебя верю. 

Показать скрытое содержимое
Spoiler

This is a sample of the gear you will be able to acquire if you choose to take advantage of the powers that Charlie will bring into the world in the next update. 
hat_voidcloth2.png
I know, right?

Я думаю, это все! 
Вероятно, также стоит упомянуть, что все скины, кроме новейших, сейчас в продаже, а на «Не голодать вместе» в настоящее время действует огромная скидка на всех платформах. (Скидка до 90%!)

Мы уже на пути к следующей паре обновлений. И скоро у нас будет больше информации об этом. Но на данный момент это все для этого поста. Как всегда, вот хорошая ссылка для некоторых катушек, просто для вас. Если у вас есть друзья или семья, которые купят игру во время большой распродажи, обязательно сообщите им об этом, потому что вы можете получить много отличных вещей с 10 000 Klei Points по этой ссылке!

До следующего раза друзья, Спасибо. И получайте удовольствие там!

Посмотреть полное обновление

Топ обнова, спасибо Klei за щедрые подарки и самый хороший контент, вы лучшие

• Like 1

I still remember watching Etho's video back when DS was in beta still and buying the game immediately - you can still see how the game has evolved so much since then.

I was in mid-high when I started playing and it was an important part to getting through some dark times. These days I work full time in management and don't have the hours anymore to dedicate such time to video game, but this game will always be a big part of my imagination and I highly appreciate singleplayer being updated still.

Being here the whole time on the forums was an added bonus ;) some names I don't see anymore, but it's nice to see some older ones pop in from time to time. Happy 10 years!

Edited by oCrapaCreeper
  • Like 1

I cannot emphasize enough how thankful I am for all your hard work over these Many years!!! It has made this game amazing and one of the best games imo! Seriously though, basically monthly content updates for free (for year's) is incredible and sooo appreciated!!! The surprise of what's next is a big part of the fun! Thanks again! Cheers

• Like 2

I think this may help for you implementing of skill trees if you are planning what I hope your planning i have really thought of anything  satisfying for  the “loyalty” mechanic

which reminds me  is  dread  stone go to get a moon equivalent or Is moon rock that because if so why not changing the crafts to one Marble and each sides respective  pure substance  

So I'm fairly confused. 

As far as I could tell the four main issues people had with this update/beta are as follows:

-that rifts are just endless after defeating cc and they never go away basically sort of punishing you for completing cc. Tons of people wanted a way to beat them or stop them for a while without having to just turn them off and on in world settings each time instead. 

-that all the new gear seemingly served no real purpose other than for making the new content easier/more doable and was an unrewarding gameplay loop

-the whole planar damage/resist mechanics 

And finally and to me most importantly

-the potential the rifts have of destroying aspects of megabases that may have taken countless hours to build and perfect, destruction of non renewables like spiky trees and mushrooms and that walls don't have the building tag to avoid rifts being destructive in decorative areas. 

It's really awesome that the devs specifically spoiled some stuff for the next update to help alleviate some of our concerns and give us a bigger picture of what this content is actually for and how it ties in with upcoming updates. 

Now as far as I can tell all they've really addressed and changed is people's worries about planar damage/resist (they've already made it less full on) and our concerns about the new gear being unrewarding and not helping with anything except for the new content. 

Maybe confirming with us that their will be shadow rifts is meant to somehow communicate that this may be a way to keep each portal type in check or to let one side go away for a while (helping one side "win" so only their portals remain for a while or something) but that's a stretch and me just guessing. 

I haven't seen any info or anything whatsoever regarding destruction of megabases and unrenewable resources. I also haven't really seen anything about being able to stop the portals for a while so they aren't just endless. All that has been addressed is the new gear being more useful down the line and planar damage/resist. Joe in regards to only having rifts active when you're ready for them even literally said something along the lines of they'll only appear and start destroying your base when your ready.. ummm I'm not ever going to be ready for my 11k world and megabase to be threatened in the way that the rifts function.. 

Everyone seems placated though and other than two images posted (both in the memes thread I think) directly addressing megabase destruction there is no further discussion. This could just be because the update is out and everyone's too busy playing but this seems bizzarre to me. 

The destructive (in a way that's problematic to MANY players) nature of the rifts hasn't been addressed at all but is no longer being discussed either.

Have walls been given the building tag? Do we have any sort of lunar lightning rod to either attract or repel rifts from certain areas? Have any player suggestions been implemented yet? I'm just really confused why everyone is seemingly placated when they haven't really addressed most of our concerns at all? 

Is it just moving ahead full steam and megabasers and just bases in general be damned? That's the new direction they're taking? That's it? Have I missed something?

• Like 1