Maxwell's Character Refresh Coming Next Week!

maxdiner.png

The Maxwell Character Refresh is coming next week, Tuesday November 22nd at 10am pacific time.

Highlights:

• Codex Umbra is now a spell book that feeds off of Sanity and Nightmare Fuel only.
  • Added a spell wheel UI for reading the Codex Umbra in your inventory.
  • Maxwell now summons the following shadow puppets:
    • Shadow Servant
    • Shadow Duelist
  • These improved puppets automatically aggro or work within their summoned radius for a set duration before expiring.
  • Equipping shadowy equipment will increase the power of Shadow Duelists.
  • Maxwell now controls up to six puppets at a time.
  • Maxwell now summons the following crowd control shadows:
    • Shadow Sneak
    • Shadow Prison
  • All shadows can be summoned on the ocean.
  • Maxwell can craft the Magician's Top Hat and Magician’s Box.
  • Magician's Top Hat, Magician's Box, and Shadow Chester are all connected to one shadow dimensional storage in the Forest, and another one while in the Caves.

Thanks to everybody for all the feedback and bug reports during the beta period. We're still watching so keep it coming!

As always, this update will also bring a new animated short, as well as many bug fixes and balance changes, and a new streaming item "The Eclectic Mushlight" as well.

See you Tuesday!

I love that time Maxwell said, "I'm going to pull a rabbit out of a hat", and then caused numerous people to be sucked into another dimension against their will and becoming an unjust tyrant of another realm, leading hundreds of people to their demise. 

8 minutes ago, 9screamingkittens said:

totally not posting this bc my sis is forcing me to

image.png.8f3ee5979d89445922b8a81a0bfbd98a.png

teenage me that drew this in 2016 would be proud 

This is one of my favorite art pieces of all time from this community, this was INSTANTLY the first thing that came to mind. I seriously do hope we get something akin to it in the final product!!

After all this years... finally, some more lore about Maxwell (and possibly Charlie). "Excited" doesn't begin to describe how I'm feeling. 
I'm calling it, the background with the diner booth is probably Maxwell and Charlie meeting for the first time during her application for the role of magician's assistant. And as other people pointed out: that image showing the backstage area of a theatre is probably related to one of their shows (if not their last one in 1906). 

I'll be counting the minutes until next Tuesday then!

44 minutes ago, WhackE said:

I love that time Maxwell said, "I'm going to pull a rabbit out of a hat", and then caused numerous people to be sucked into another dimension against their will and becoming an unjust tyrant of another realm, leading hundreds of people to their demise. 

Don't forget the 1903 San Francisco Earthquake

Wait, what do you mean by bug fixes and balance changes? Isn’t that reserved for QoL updates?

Are we getting Maxwell rework + QoL? I know there’s still one more QoL in the 2022 /Early 2023 roadmap but I figured it wouldn’t drop till 2023 after the holidays.

Archived