The Curse of Moon Quay Beta now available

4 minutes ago, minespatch said:

The puns are off the charts in this update. :wilson_ecstatic:

Shocked we're not talking about the queen, she seems intimidating.

We even have a cool visual pun (if that's a thing:P), and being the moon loving automation they are, WX-78 seems to be REALLY offended by the shape of the Queen's seat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SmallBirdHungry said:

I love the idea of all the boat stuff and new tropical island. but my boat has way too much on it! I need the ability to link boats together or expand one somehow.

All the monkey stuff really doesn't seem to fit the theme of the game to me. It all feels way too goofy. Oh no a monkey pirate has cursed you now you are a monkey too... Yeah idk doesn't really do it for me. But I'm not going to sit here whining and asking them to remove it. I really don't care what is added as long as it's togglable in world settings. That way, if I end up liking it, then good. If not, I can just turn it off. That's a good tip for people who whine about the cawnival too. There's a nice setting under events where you can set it to 'off' now.

I mean to be fair being morphed into another creature against your will and the realization that you might have been killing former people is pretty dark.

• Like 6
  • Wavey 3

Haven't had the pleasure of trying this update yet. What does monkey offer in terms of upsides? Is the monkey the same across the board or are monkeys able to do things related to their previous character? For example, can monkeyfied Maxwell still use the codex umbra?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dr. Safety said:

Haven't had the pleasure of trying this update yet. What does monkey offer in terms of upsides? Is the monkey the same across the board or are monkeys able to do things related to their previous character? For example, can monkeyfied Maxwell still use the codex umbra?

the only upsides i found is having wilbur's speed perk which also gives you the speed penalty while walking with 2 feet and pirate monkeys being neutral

your character becomes wonkey so they cant do or use their personal items and dont have special stats like wanda time based hp. Basically is like using the portal but you "pick" wilbur with less perks (hopefully they will add his poop throwing perk atleast) which can be useful as wes to get better stats but a totally curse as wanda, wolf, etc

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dr. Safety said:

What does monkey offer in terms of upsides?

On monkey mode you can run like Wilbur on Shipwreck (currently crashes the game so no), you understand the powmonkeys and the queen and powmonkeys are neutral, also what ArubaroBeefalo said.

7 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

Exciting!

I have a couple of hopes in this beta.

Hopefully the lighter boats have a paddling bonus as to not warrant the need for sails (and they have some disadvantages to the wooden one).

The boat cannons can be used against crab king and add a whole new layer to the fight.

New plant friends for Wormwood to befriend on Quay island 

Banana trees and more banana recipes like banana bread.

Thanks for continuing to update this amazing game Klei! 

omg is that howl from howl's moving castle

This update is gonna turn ocean content on it's head for people just being able to build a dock that leads to salt formations is gonna be huge for Warly and The trawler net is gonna be huge for Wurts and people who want to make fish a primary foods source this might just be my favorite content update and I haven't even figured everything out yet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Big Ups 1

10 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

This update is gonna turn ocean content on it's head for people just being able to build a dock that leads to salt formations is gonna be huge for Warly and The trawler net is gonna be huge for Wurts and people who want to make fish a primary foods source this might just be my favorite content update and I haven't even figured everything out yet.

Palmcone trees need a seed or the dock grind is going to take a while. Maybe if we could combine palmcone scales with tree jam for a steady supply of them while also taking some effort.

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Palmcone trees need a seed or the dock grind is going to take a while. Maybe if we could combine palmcone scales with tree jam for a steady supply of them while also taking some effort.

I mean considering it lets you walk to salt formations and seaweeds I feel it taking a while is fine. Not against them making the process faster tho.

Edited by Mysterious box
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, TrashLord said:

Here's hoping the rest of the devs are more open minded and rational about adding Wilbur, there's a bigger potential than ever with Wilbur's addition.

The monkey character from the start, immune to the curse, and they can now go ahead with giving him all sorts of examination quotes but only make other Wilburs and characters afflicted with the Wonkey curse understand him; otherwise just see Oooh Aaaah. Now that there are surface monkeys and bananas, there are all sorts of interactions to be had between monkeys. He can actually be the anchor that ties in this new Quay civilization to the lore. The addition of existing characters in the universe is just so beneficial, just look at how Warly and Wormwood were integrated into the story and expanded upon. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1